Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (1531 Views)

Secrets That Can Destroy Your Relationship? / She Don't Belive In Shooting Stars But She Believes In Shoes & Cars / I Dont Want To Ruin Our Friendship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Durst: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: . by Sanchez01: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
Durst: Hello, I'm a regular nairalander but I had to use this my dormant account to make this post for some personal reasons.

I met this girl in school and we've been very close friends for months. I never actually had plans to date her or suchlikes. I just wanted us to be friends, Nothing more. Nevertheless, the unexpected happened! We started catching feelings for each other. I didn't see that coming until now.
We got very close that we share and discuss everything bothering each other, we are always seen together, notwithstanding we're in different departments. She makes it so obvious that she likes me and some of her other male friends have wrongly assumed we're already in a relationship. We spend so much time together that it's rarely difficult to see me when there is free period without her with me or nearby.
I haven't been in a relationship for a long time cos I don't just date any girl. There used to be a lot of female folks in my life until I got quite close with her. She's blinded me from noticing other girls and I'm kinda glad about it - I'm now more focused and I don't look out to impress other girls now, we're free with each other so no need for such.
The heartbreaker is that, while we were conversing, I talked about her she makes me feel and she said she feels the same "but" we can't date. She said she's afraid it would destroy our friendship! That her attitude would drastically change and we wouldn't enjoy the relationship. I never actually asked her out but I guess she felt that would come sooner, not later.
How do I convince her? How do I make her understand that nothing would change when we become exclusive? I'm dispirited cos I don't feel this way with any other girl I've met. She stands out, She's the embodiment of the kind of woman I would wanna be with.

Thanks for reading, it's quite long but I need all the help I can get, hence, the explicit narration.
Unfortunately, you might not be able to change her mind. As it is, she values your friendship beyond every other thing and as it stands, it might truly destroy a lot. Some will come here and claim you have been friendzoned, this is not true. She sees you only as a friend and not beyond that. You might be zoned eventually if you insist. I suggest you respect her wish, stay as a friend and if you believe you cannot cope, keep an arm length from her. Que sera sera. I totally understand what you're going through.

2 Likes

Re: . by k2039: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
I guess she intends to date a stranger.

How old is she?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Why don't you just tell her point blank to be your woman?? She might refused at first, but itz normal for ladies to think they can't date a close friend. Just confess what's in your hrt to her. Let her know u can't take it if eventually she hooks up with another guy later. Tell her to be ur woman and make her understand your reasons.
NOTE: if she accept, do not let the relationship lack the flavours it has for now, else, it will shrink in no time. For me, itz kinda hard to keep a relationship from a girl that was once my bestie.
I must say this, I foresee you heading to the friendzone department with a white shining teeth. Lol
Re: . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
no mater how far a bird flies...it must surely come back to its nest in due time...let her be...she will totally let u in wen d time comes...dont rush it please..calm down
Re: . by deneris(f): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
i think she actually likes you.. like really likes you and she is sincerely scared that things would change. cause most times things actually do change.. u begin to get overly jealous and get angry over petty things... then ure not so.close anymore... i know u really like her.. ur post actually feels sincere but dear i think u should just give her time.. dont act funny or anyth.. in time it'll happen..
Re: . by Tymax(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Guy you need to look elsewhere. Don't stop improving on your eligibility. She wants to customize you for herself and still be free of any commitment to you.

If you keep loving her, you will be friendzoned. Beware!

I'm sorry to break it to you bro. You cannot have her anymore. If you stick around, you will only see her date other guys who are wrong for her. She will make mistakes and date jerks but will not consider you even for a second.

Run sheep, RUN!!!!
Re: . by Durst: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sanchez01:
Unfortunately, you might not be able to change her mind. As it is, she values your friendship beyond every other thing and as it stands, it might truly destroy a lot. Some will come here and claim you have been friendzoned, this is not true. She sees you only as a friend and not beyond that. You might be zoned eventually if you insist. I suggest you respect her wish, stay as a friend and if you believe you cannot cope, keep an arm length from her. Que sera sera. I totally understand what you're going through.

Friend zone is the last place I would wanna see myself in this unfolding event. I've tried pulling away from her before now but she keeps coming. She's making it more difficult for me.
Re: . by Durst: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
k2039: I guess she intends to date a stranger.

How old is she?

19-21
Re: . by Durst: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
urhoboman: Why don't you just tell her point blank to be your woman?? She might refused at first, but itz normal for ladies to think they can't date a close friend. Just confess what's in your hrt to her. Let her know u can't take it if eventually she hooks up with another guy later. Tell her to be ur woman and make her understand your reasons.
NOTE: if she accept, do not let the relationship lack the flavours it has for now, else, it will shrink in no time. For me, itz kinda hard to keep a relationship from a girl that was once my bestie.
I must say this, I foresee you heading to the friendzone department with a white shining teeth. Lol

Would just telling her be a wise decision judging from the way things stand right now? I think she's confused just like I am but you can't be sure you know.
Re: . by Durst: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
patrickdarlins: no mater how far a bird flies...it must surely come back to its nest in due time...let her be...she will totally let u in wen d time comes...dont rush it please..calm down

The more I wait, the stronger we bond and the harder it gets for me to pull away. This is the climax of the whole thing. Just hoping/waiting for the best would be ill-advised.
Re: . by Durst: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
deneris: i think she actually likes you.. like really likes you and she is sincerely scared that things would change. cause most times things actually do change.. u begin to get overly jealous and get angry over petty things... then ure not so.close anymore... i know u really like her.. ur post actually feels sincere but dear i think u should just give her time.. dont act funny or anyth.. in time it'll happen..

I haven't really asked her out (formally) How do I Wait in this case?
Re: . by horlah005: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Believe me it does....I've been there, even not just twice.

But believe it sucks, the moment u told her how u feel, the closure will be depressing. What can really helps is only if she express it by herself.
Please don't get me wrong, for some pple, its always worked out.
Re: . by Durst: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tymax: Guy you need to look elsewhere. Don't stop improving on your eligibility. She wants to customize you for herself and still be free of any commitment to you.

If you keep loving her, you will be friendzoned. Beware!

I'm sorry to break it to you bro. You cannot have her anymore. If you stick around, you will only see her date other guys who are wrong for her. She will make mistakes and date jerks but will not consider you even for a second.

Run sheep, RUN!!!!

I wasn't actually looking for a girlfriend before I got caught in this net. So, it's not really about finding someone else. I wish that was the case, this is spontaneous and feels perfect for me. Totally avoiding her would make me a child.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tell her you really want more than friends from her so can't do that friends thing then keep your distance.

Its good to be persistent but I feel you should believe her she just wants to be friends.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Durst:

The more I wait, the stronger we bond and the harder it gets for me to pull away. This is the climax of the whole thing. Just hoping/waiting for the best would be ill-advised.
calm down i said...na only her go waka come....it wont take weeks...she will gve u a positive reply...but u....no fork.up wen she don gree...still be at ur best....cos dats her fears...
Re: . by funshint(m): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
*Mistakes ladies make...Dating a friend doesn't end friendship; refusing a friends proposal actually destroys friendship

1 Like

Re: . by Tymax(m): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Durst:

I wasn't actually looking for a girlfriend before I got caught in this net. So, it's not really about finding someone else. I wish that was the case, this is spontaneous and feels perfect for me. Totally avoiding her would make me a child.
Okay o. Instead of avoiding her, you wanna put hot coal on your laps hoping it won't burn you. Safe journey to the friendzone.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Durst:

Would just telling her be a wise decision judging from the way things stand right now? I think she's confused just like I am but you can't be sure you know.
that is why u need to break the ice. She already knows what shez into. She might be in denial. U need to make the move and nuture her to express the feelings inside her hrt. I knw u don't want to complicate ur frndship with her, but believe me, if eventually she decides to settle down with anoda man, you will blame urself and make her ur enemy. U won't b able to take it.
Re: . by deneris(f): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Durst:

I haven't really asked her out (formally) How do I Wait in this case?
dont push any further just carry on with being friends..
Re: . by Baddo101(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
yawn in chinese.................dis ur post will make a good literature for sec sch pupils....it make me feel sleepy.

1 Like

Re: . by Sanchez01: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
urhoboman: that is why u need to break the ice. She already knows what shez into. She might be in denial. U need to make the move and nuture her to express the feelings inside her hrt. I knw u don't want to complicate ur frndship with her, but believe me, if eventually she decides to settle down with anoda man, you will blame urself and make her ur enemy. U won't b able to take it.
Seconded.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
deneris:
dont push any further just carry on with being friends..
till eternity?

Re: . by fulli16(m): 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Okay....now leme drp my piece 4 u broda....
as sad as it might seem....she iz actually right.
a relationship wif ha wont last long if u push it...trust me...am speaking frm a very familiar personal experience.
so plz...enjoy ur dis relationship as friends... and let it grow 2 where u want naturally...
Patience is a virtue...!

meanwhile.... yes...in my case, d relationship ddnt last up 2 4 months b4 i kald it off....nd m nw striving 2 recover my friend!!!
takia,
Re: . by Abbey2sam(m): 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Let her know what her refusal to date you will cause to that friendship she cherished so much..

Which to me is the obvious truth...............

If you continue with the way things are currently.
I'm sorry to say that you will only see other guys dating her..............the funny part is that she will bring all the gist to you, after all you are her #bff
Re: . by MisterLongman(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sanchez01:
Hahaha brother, whoever claims this nigga has been freindzoned is not far from the truth....... According to the Op, the feeling is mutual therefore the girl simply does not know what she wants.... Na this type of girl go dey para if she sees him with another girl

1 Like

Re: . by 100Cents: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
You open this thread with your dormant account.

The girl placed you in a dormant account.

Very wicked girls.

Hahaha.

BTW, if she gets pregnant, can you cater for her ?

1 Like

Re: . by 100Cents: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Your girl is nice self.

My own lady believes sex will destroy our friendship because I dey answer same name with her elder broda...

These are different categories of zoning..

Federal character zoning indeed.
Re: . by OmoEziokwu: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Women have always been attracted to cads (or the so-called bad boys).

You can’t just tell women to stop being attracted to cads, in the same way you can’t tell men to stop being attracted to large breasts/symmetrical features/younger women. It’s in their DNA.

The reason Dating 1.0 (what was obtainable in the past, as opposed to version 2.0 or even 3.0 as we have it today) worked for so long was because women needed the protection and resources that at the time could only be provided by men. Feminism allowed women the freedom to provide that for themselves, and now they have no reason to constrain their natural desire for cads.

Dude, stop wasting your life and leave that girl alone. Run away and break off all forms of communication with her. Tell her you're busy or something (and indeed get busy with your life so that your excuse will not come off as a lie, as you will truly be in tune with it). You might even be surprised at how she'll start wanting you for a relationship. Learn from the gods my friend. Gosh what is wrong with all these feminized men we have these days?

1 Like

Re: . by OmoEziokwu: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
A lot of young boys are raised to believe that women are special, beautiful snowflakes with hearts of gold. Mothers are the most benign and highly regarded woman etc etc That a woman's love is a salve to the man's natural, disgraceful condition. That only men can murder, be violent, be deceitful, be dangerous. That women are constantly victims of rape, wage-discrimination, stalkers, domestic abuse, and laws...etc

We grow up imagining outselves willingly giving our lives to save any one woman. Fantasies... dreams of sacrifice and martyrdom for womankind.

It is the worldview of what is called the "white knight."

Young man, take control of your life. You seem not to know what you are doing.

Durst:

Friend zone is the last place I would wanna see myself in this unfolding event. I've tried pulling away from her before now but she keeps coming. She's making it more difficult for me.

1 Like

Re: . by valdes00(m): 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Can sum1 help me with another word I can use in place of FRIENDZONE....... OP, truth b told. I tink u av been turned into a ZONAL DIRECTOR..... I dnt see anytin changin her mind, better dnt waste ur tym

1 Like

Re: . by chymystique(f): 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
@OP, I don't think she will change her mind..no matter how crazy in love she is with you, you will can only be her bestfriend.. IMO, I think you shld make up ur mind if you rily wanna be her friend Or take a walk.. You wont understand cos its kinda complicated.. Any guy I say those words to I dnt think anything can change ma mind.. The sooner u open your heart to other gals and ve a girlfriend the better for u..

(1) (Reply)

I Disagree With This / Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? / I Broke Up With Her, Help!!i Want Her Back!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.