Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? (4688 Views)

10,000 Pakistani Muslims Accept Jesus In One Night / OPEN AND SEE HOW POPULAR NAIRALAND ATHIESTS ACCEPT JESUS / In The Name Of Jesus: Why Is It So Powerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
For me, this question was one of the cardinal questions, perhaps even the most important question that plagued my mind in my early youth.
It is a question that I wish an African christian can honestly answer without any cognitive dissonance.

I mean, the Jews are perhaps one of the oldest homogeneous ethnic groups in the world with a chronological history that dates back to as far as 3500yrs.

Today, there tens of millions of Jews spread out throughout Europe, Middle East and North America.

The Jews, for whom the Biblical Narratives of their god were written categorically rejected, and still reject the Jesus myth as proclaimed and propagated by Imperial Rome, the Motherchurch of Rome and her many many children.

In case anyone has forgotten, Christianity was brought to Africa by the colonial powers of Europe a little under 200 yrs ago, as they came to rob , loot and claim Africa's human and natural resources.

So my question to any African christian who is worth a pound of his christian faith is :

Do you, an African, a late victim to the game of classical social engineering , feel that YOU Are Smarter than the world's Jewish population, an ethnic tribe that were witnesses to the events of 1st century Palestine ?

An African simply cannot claim to be smart for accepting Jesus unless he is also logically implying that those who have rejected the phony myth of Jesus for 2000yrs, the Jews, are stupid, for not having seen the truth , even after 2000yrs.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Just for a thread... Forgive me but this does not make sense to me
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Sanchez01: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jesus is really giving the likes of you sleepless nights... The earlier you take Him in, the better.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
That the Scripture might be fulfilled that which was written,

'They that are not my people have become my people'(Prophet Hosea)

If you have an understanding of prophecy and most importantly the fulfilment of it,you will understand the chronology.
The bible further says that there is a 'remnant' that will believe before the end of time.Some jews will accept before the close of age.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sanchez01: Jesus is really giving the likes of you sleepless nights... The earlier you take Him in, the better.

Ebola is really giving the likes of you sleepless nights, the earlier you take it in, the better.

9 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: That the Scripture might be fulfilled that which was written,

'They that are no my people have become my people'

If you have an understanding of prophecy and most importantly the fulfilment of it,you will understand the chronology.
The bible further says that there is a 'remnant' that will believe before the end of time.Some jews will accept before the close of age.

Matthew 15:24
Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."

Revelations 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

4 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
impactz: Just for a thread... Forgive me but this does not make sense to me

if the above write up does not make sense to you, then you need brain transplant Sir . . no offense

4 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by acenazt: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
now man. even the thieving white devils dont believe in jesus now,the jews that are said to have a guarantied place in heaven dont believe either. but we africans are soooo somethingish we go to church cos we were born going,some fellows go every day of the week and still dont understand what it means.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sanchez01: Jesus is really giving the likes of you sleepless nights... The earlier you take Him in, the better.

no, Jesus isn't, the moronity of fellow African is, especially your type who persuade people to take what was rejected by those who knew more than you.

9 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2014

I respect, 'to a huge extent' believers like you, who make efforts to at least defend/explain their belief (irrespective of the authenticity)
unlike the moronic Oh-Yes-Member christians who would rather take offense or verbally attack others when confronted with questions.

4 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2014

That does not answer the question, buddy.
Afte rall, they have access to the same scriptures that you read and consume.

Try honestly answering the question without COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

So do you believe that the Jews are not intelligent for rejecting Rome's version of events that they themselves witnessed 2000yrs ago?

Are you smarter than them?... and by virtue of what?
That is my simple question.

4 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto:

Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

grin grin

I can always count of you for scriptural support.
wink
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto:

It's one thing to quote scriptures,it's another thing to have an understanding of it.Remember the devil also quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus.
Jesus was sent primarily to Israel but how come He ministered to non-jews?Why did He heal non-jews?Why did He heal the daughter of the very woman he spoke those words you quoted to?I'll want you to answer.

The Rev.3:9 you quoted has no relevance.Christians are not jews.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: It's one thing to quote scriptures,it's another thing to have an understanding of it.Remember the devil also quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus.
Jesus was sent primarily to Israel but how come He ministered to non-jews?Why did He heal non-jews?Why did He heal the daughter of the very woman he spoke those words you quoted to?I'll want you to answer.

The Rev.3:9 you quoted has no relevance.Christians are not jews.

What was the point of all this babble?

Can you answer my simple question.

Are Africans more intelligent than Jews for accepting what they rejected 2000yrs ago, and still reject today?
In simpler words, why do you believe and they don't?

2 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
acenazt: now man. even the thieving white devils dont believe in jesus now,the jews that are said to have a guarantied place in heaven dont believe either. but we africans are soooo somethingish we go to church cos we were born going,some fellows go every day of the week and still dont understand what it means.

religion is a pernicious mental viral disease, once the virus enters a vulnerable mind, it attacks and destroys the hormones that enhances thinking/reasoning, then it perpetually takes over the mental faculty.
it is an epidemic in Africa, and as usual the number of casualties is always high and the rate of spread is uncontrollable, just like other diseases, malaria, Aids, Ebola, etc.

7 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
plaetton:

That does not answer the question, buddy.
Afte rall, they have access to the same scriptures that you read and consume.

Try honestly answering the question without COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

So do you believe that the Jews are not intelligent for rejecting Rome's version of events that they themselves witnessed 2000yrs ago?

Are you smarter than them?... and by virtue of what?
That is my simple question.
You don't understand spiritual things.You can't follow logical reasoning with spiritual things.It doesn't work that way.I understand you want the logical but it doesn't mix with the spiritual.It's like saying liquid flows and solid must flow too.

The jews do not believe because they turned in disobedience to God and that makes wisdom foolishness to them.It's not about being smart.Earthly smartness does not work with God.

1 Like

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
plaetton:

What was the point of all this babble?

Can you answer my simple question.

Are Africans more intelligent than Jews for accepting what they rejected 2000yrs ago, and still reject today?
In simpler words, why do you believe and they don't?
I have already answered your question.It's you that can't 'see' it just like the Jews.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: You don't understand spiritual things.You can't follow logical reasoning with spiritual things.
The beautiful thing about the spiritual is it need not make sense. In the spiritual world, a plane can fall and crash in the skies. A dog can bark with its tail.Trees can bear mangoes and chicken burgers.
Children can be witches, mad men can be possessed, God can give birth to son.
The spiritual is strongly anchored and sustained by illogic. It offers no explanations and requires none. - amanfrommars kiss

thorpido:
The jews do not believe because they turned in disobedience to God and that makes wisdom foolishness to them.It's not about being smart.Earthly smartness does not work with God.
Now this here is quite interesting. This is a smart way of saying that for one to accept this, one has to 'switch off' their brain.
And you wonder why we call y'all zombies.

12 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by JesusisLord85: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
plaetton: For me, this question was one of the cardinal questions, perhaps even the most important question that plagued my mind in my early youth.
It is a question that I wish an African christian can honestly answer without any cognitive dissonance.

I mean, the Jews are perhaps one of the oldest homogeneous ethnic groups in the world with a chronological history that dates back to as far as 3500yrs.

Today, there tens of millions of Jews spread out throughout Europe, Middle East and North America.

The Jews, for whom the Biblical Narratives of their god were written categorically rejected, and still reject the Jesus myth as proclaimed and propagated by Imperial Rome, the Motherchurch of Rome and her many many children.

In case anyone has forgotten, Christianity was brought to Africa by the colonial powers of Europe a little under 200 yrs ago, as they came to rob , loot and claim Africa's human and natural resources.

So my question to any African christian who is worth a pound of his christian faith is :

Do you, an African, a late victim to the game of classical social engineering , feel that YOU Are Smarter than the world's Jewish population, an ethnic tribe that were witnesses to the events of 1st century Palestine ?

An African simply cannot claim to be smart for accepting Jesus unless he is also logically implying that those who have rejected the phony myth of Jesus for 2000yrs, the Jews, are stupid, for not having seen the truth , even after 2000yrs.

1. The negro tribes of the former 'slavecoast' are the true Jews of the bible. Your question is therefore redundant.

2. Did the whole of Judah reject Yahshua? No. The scribed and pharisees raised up people against him. But we also know many followed after him We also know many were brought into the fold AFTER the resurrection.

3. Yes, the romans took the religion of the Jews and added their pagan traditions to it, this gave birth to roman catholicism. The protestants came many centuries later. If that is not a sign the whole thing is a scam, I don't know what could be clearer.

So: Forget world religions. Jew/Israelite is a nationality, not a religion per se. Just like us west africans, you cannot divorce religion and culture. But we know why our fathers worshipped wood and stone, among other things, we were cast out of Israel and found ourselves in west africa. And from there, many of us were carried off again into captivity in the americas.

But do not fear. The prophets have published it! The Most High shall gather his lost sheep and bring them back into the promised land, in the end times.
The edomites (oyinbo) of today will have you believe God stripped Israel of the eternal promise and is going to put them back in the land. Lol. Imagine that, the moabites, ishmaelites, ammonites and edomites keeping the laws and commandments in the end times. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Shalom
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto:
The beautiful thing about the spiritual is it need not make sense. In the spiritual world, a plane can fall and crash in the skies. A dog can bark with its tail.Trees can bear mangoes and chicken burgers.
Children can be witches, mad men can be possessed, God can give birth to son.
The spiritual is strongly anchored and sustained by illogic. It offers no explanations and requires none. - amanfrommars kiss

Now this here is quite interesting. This is a smart way of saying that for one to accept this, one has to 'switch off' their brain.
And you wonder why we call y'all zombies.
what you call us doesn't matter half as much as what we call ourselves..........

I'm walking in power,I'm working miracles,I live a life of favour,cos I know who I am....

I can tell you that even in science,there are some things that are yet to be proven.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
JesusisLord85:

1. The negro tribes of the former 'slavecoast' are the true Jews of the bible. Your question is therefore redundant.

2. Did the whole of Judah reject Yahshua? No. The scribed and pharisees raised up people against him. But we also know many followed after him We also know many were brought into the fold AFTER the resurrection.

3. Yes, the romans took the religion of the Jews and added their pagan traditions to it, this gave birth to roman catholicism. The protestants came many centuries later. If that is not a sign the whole thing is a scam, I don't know what could be clearer.

So: Forget world religions. Jew/Israelite is a nationality, not a religion per se. Just like us west africans, you cannot divorce religion and culture. But we know why our fathers worshipped wood and stone, among other things, we were cast out of Israel and found ourselves in west africa. And from there, many of us were carried off again into captivity in the americas.

But do not fear. The prophets have published it! The Most High shall gather his lost sheep and bring them back into the promised land, in the end times.
The edomites (oyinbo) of today will have you believe God stripped Israel of the eternal promise and is going to put them back in the land. Lol. Imagine that, the moabites, ishmaelites, ammonites and edomites keeping the laws and commandments in the end times. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Shalom

I wrote on another thread yesterday that any African who calls himself Israelite is an embarrassment to mother Africa. Such a person should either commit suicide or be sold into slavery for just one cup of old palm wine. That is what the person is worth.
Human Life began in African and spread forth, you slowpoke, not the other way round.

Negroid can beget non-negroid, but a non-negroid cannot never beget a negroid.
This is basic biology,slowpoke.

8 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: You don't understand spiritual things.You can't follow logical reasoning with spiritual things.It doesn't work that way.I understand you want the logical but it doesn't mix with the spiritual.It's like saying liquid flows and solid must flow too.

First, so you , an African, understand spiritual things much more than the Jews about their own past, religion and god?
By virtue of what ability sir?
Is it IQ or basic intelligence, or spiritual purity?
I want to know how you have spiritual understanding, and Jews,for 2000yrs have not found or developed such an uncanny ability.

2 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by plaetton: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: what you call us doesn't matter half as much as what we call ourselves..........

I'm walking in power,I'm working miracles,I live a life of favour,cos I know who I am....

I can tell you that even in science,there are some things that are yet to be proven.
Lol.
So god too is yet to be proven?
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
plaetton: For me, this question was one of the cardinal questions, perhaps even the most important question that plagued my mind in my early youth.

the jews reject christ because they though the messiah will fight war and win it for them as in the old testament.
Acts1:6. Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time
going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has
set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit
comes on you; and you will be my
witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea
and Samaria, and to the ends of the
EARTH.”

The gospel is for the whole world.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by macof(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
thorpido: You don't understand spiritual things.You can't follow logical reasoning with spiritual things.It doesn't work that way.I understand you want the logical but it doesn't mix with the spiritual.It's like saying liquid flows and solid must flow too.

This is the biggest lie Christian peddle.

Intelligence and logical thinking is infact the bedrock of "spiritual things"
You don't know spiritual until it fits with your reality and not some imaginary tale you were told or you read.

What you do is RELIGIOUS THINGS not spiritual

Back to the main topic...
The Jews are the only people who witnessed Jesus, how come they reject the tales of the Romans who knew little about Jesus mainly from hear say and town rumors??

This is something that demands thought and rationality not assumptions and blind faith...blind faith is nothing but delusion.

10 Likes

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
plaetton:
First, so you , an African, understand spiritual things much more than the Jews about their own past, religion and god?
By virtue of what ability sir?
Is it IQ or basic intelligence, or spiritual purity?
I want to know how you have spiritual understanding, and Jews,for 2000yrs have not found or developed such an uncanny ability.
You may not believe but at least you must have heard this statement before:

'The first shall be the last and the last the first'.Do you 'understand' what it means?
Even if you don't believe,do you understand this statement:'For God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise....'.

The answer to your question is in these scriptures.......if you can 'understand' it.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto:

Romans9: 6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel
who are of Israel, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of
Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall
be called.”[b] 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the
children of God; but the children of the
promise are counted as the seed.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto:

Romans9: 6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISREAL
WHO ARE OF ISREAL, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of
Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall
be called.”[b] 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the
children of God; but the children of the
promise are counted as the seed.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by krayzieklay(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Reading all the comments from the Christian folks,I'm almost certain that most of them don't even know the origin of their foreign religion,how it came to be and stuffs... Imagine one ttwat writing we blacks are the original Jews,no nah you for just say we are the original Chinese people..#confusednitwit.... Smh reallly

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
macof:

You don't know spiritual until it fits with your reality and not some imaginary tale you were told or you read.

The Jews are the only people who witnessed Jesus, how come they reject the tales of the Romans who knew little about Jesus mainly from hear say and town rumors??

This is something that demands thought and rationality not assumptions and blind faith...blind faith is nothing but delusion.

you talk as if it was all jews reject christ,An't the disciples jews? There was even a verse in luke were Jesus send 70 of them, are they not jews? After the death of jesus, on the day of penticoast, the disciple convert all most 5000 jews.the truth is that the large number of jews reject christ.only peter know who jesus REALY is.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by thorpido(m): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
macof:

Spiritual things have never been established by logical things.Faith demands that what is believed is not seen to the physical eyes.The bible questions the rationality in a man having faith for what he can see.

So you are wrong saying intelligence and logical thinking is the bedrock of spiritual things.
Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by macof(m): 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Shalom

This one has lost his mind. the Bible has taken away his sanity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Avoiding A Bad Marriage- Pst Chris Oyakhilome Ph.davoiding A Bad Marriage. By Pa / Pure Description Of Islam / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.