Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,477 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 PM

I Want Twins - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want Twins (6393 Views)

Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple / 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness / Trying To Conceive Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Twins by megastu(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2008
How does one get twins. My grandmother gave birth to three set of twins. My aunty gave birth to twins-one boy and girl. I want twins-two boys. Is it genetically motivated or is it otherwise.
Re: I Want Twins by KarmaMod(f): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2008
have something against daughters?
Re: I Want Twins by chyaneke(f): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
yes. twins is a genetic something.
Re: I Want Twins by Angolobabe(f): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2008
yes i think its genetic but u can improve ur changes of having twins genetic or not by taking some fertility medicine like clomid or IVF.
Re: I Want Twins by yysl: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2008
pray to God, to just giv u ur own child,if its twins fine,if not fine too,i dont pray for u to have ibeji oran.

1 Like

Re: I Want Twins by thehomer: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2008
There are some genetic aspects e.g commoner among S/E and S/W Nigerians. Some artificial methods do increase your chances of multiple gestation but you should be warned that twins and other forms of multiple gestation increase the chances of complications during pregnancy and delivery. So be careful what you wish for.
Re: I Want Twins by Pepeye(f): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2008
Keep saying it , dont stop talking it

twins will spring forth
Re: I Want Twins by atunbigeoj(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2008
Well i stumbled on something for u from a reliable source, i will suggest that u read the article below with care i think it should help: older, well-nourished, fertile women are more likely to have fraternal twins naturally. There is nothing that can increase your chances of identical twins.

Even IVF cannot guarantee twins as both may not implant.

However, talk to any Mum of twins (mine are 18 today) and although they would not be without them they would never wish them on anyone else, they are SUCH hard work when babies. They are 3 times as much work as a single baby.

There are two primary types of twins, Identical and Fraternal.

Identical twins occur when the egg splits after fertilization. To date no indication of a genetic link has been found. Anyone has a chance, though small, of having identical twins.

Fraternal twins occur when more than one egg is dropped during ovulation. This trait can be inherited from the mother's side of the family. Studies have shown that the chances are also increased by being overweight or older.
Re: I Want Twins by megastu(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2008
@Karmad,

No, i wished my first child to be a girl, and i got a girl.

@The rest posters.

Thanks. I wont do anything more than pray to have twins. Bit somehow, i think i am going to, cos dem many for my family.
Re: I Want Twins by eInsight: 10:55am On Nov 05, 2008
Giving birth to twins (and sometimes to triplets) is a dream of many women, regardless of the fact that plural pregnancy proceeds more difficult and requires a special vigilance. But all troubles are overcome due to some certain aureole of heroism and a wish to take all pains at one go. It’s interesting, that for the last 20 years, statistics of giving birth to twins, triplets and more increased significantly. Deliveries of 0,5 - 2% of women finish with birth of twins, triplets, more seldom four and five babies.
Do you have a chance? This depends on several factors:

1. A mother’s age.
This is one of the reasons of increasing amount of twins’ birth - a worldwide tendency to late deliveries. A probability of birth of two and more babies increases, if a mother is older than 35 years. (By the way, this chance increases even more after 50 years). Unfortunately, if you’re less than 25 years, your chances are half of chances of those who are 35. The matter is that with age, ovulations take place not during each cycle - and this is quite normal. As a result, free hormones, affecting ovulation, accumulate and release during the following cycle, stimulating coming out of several ovules at once.
2. Inheritance.
If some of your or your husband’s relatives has twins, then your probability of giving birth to several babies at once is extremely high (especially, if you inherited this trait from your mother). And, regardless of common opinion, this doesn’t necessarily take place in one generation - you can inherit a gene, which is responsible for formation of several ovules, suitable for insemination, in your organism.
3. Genesial technologies.
Often women, who were prescribed hormonal medicines during sterility treatment or while preparation to artificial extracorporal fertilization, get plural pregnancy. Hormonal medicines stimulate ovulation in the midst of a cycle and, if a woman receives overdose of a medicine, then several ovules come out of ovary follicle at once, not just one. As a rule, doctors “remove” excess ovules. Burt sometimes women refuse from it, due to religious or other motives. In USA and Israel there were cases, when women gave birth to 6 or 7 babies at once.
Sings of plural pregnancy
It’s very easy to determine a quantity of babies you’re going to give birth to - you can do it with the help of echography on 5-6th week of pregnancy, but there’re such situations, when you cannot pass through echography. So, it will be good for you to learn some signs of pregnancy with twins. Moreover, unfortunately, doctors not always can give you an exact answer about your pregnancy during the first 10-12 days.
Psychological factor. You shouldn’t ignore your intuition. Many women can be assured in the fact that they are pregnant with twins since the moment of conception already. Often mothers of twins admit that they knew about their forth-coming birth on the earliest terms of pregnancy. If you feel, you’re expecting twins, tell your doctor about it for sure.
High biochemical indexes. Women pregnant with twins have increased indexes of some biochemical tests. For example, content of alpha fetoprotein - it produces a growing fetus and come to mother’s blood. Or a high content of a hormone HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which supports pregnancy. While placenta is developing, its presence can be determined in blood or urine even before delay of menstruation, and lots of pregnancy tests are based on its indexes.
Intensive morning sickness and/or vomiting. More heightened, in comparison with usual pregnancy, content of hormone HCG (pregnancy hormone) can increase morning sickness. Sickness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, can already appear a week after conception, i.e. even before your usual menstrual cycle begins. Sickness appear more often in the morning, but it’s also possible in any other time of a day.
Intensification of other pregnancy sings. Many (but not all) women, expecting twins, suffer from other intensified sings of pregnancy - due to a significant increase of hormones, in comparison with usual pregnancy. For example, they feel heightened breast sensibility, more frequent impulses of urination, extreme tiredness and hunger. In the second term a woman may suffer from strong breathlessness, hands and legs spasms, sudden increase in weight and belly sizes, and an intensive stir of fetus. Hemoglobin decrease or anemia - are also usual events for plural pregnancy. And in general, this is not surprising, as during such pregnancy a load on a future mother’s organism increases in several times, depending on the quantity of babies she’s bearing. Unfortunately, this means that complications are much more often met during such pregnancy.
Quick weight increase since the first days of pregnancy. By the way, this is one of the first signs of two babies’ presence in a woman’s uterus. This is absolutely normal: double nutrition plays an important role during the first term of pregnancy. And a quick weight increase is necessary.
High physiological indexes. During the first medical examination doctors will be already able to tell you that your uterus size is little bigger for your assumed term of pregnancy. This tendency will remain for the whole term of pregnancy. Other physiological indexes will be bigger too: circularity of belly through navel, height of uterine fundus standing and others.
Heartbeating of two hearts can be heard. When a doctor begins listening to a baby’s heartbeating, he’ll hear beating of two hearts, instead of one. Two separate heartbeatings can be heard on the 13th week of pregnancy already, by the 28th week a doctor will be able to determine 3-4 large parts of body (head and bum) and many small ones by touch.

femiforum@yahoo.com
www.perculiar..com
Re: I Want Twins by muteeu(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2008
hello,
i just want you to know that children, wether twins or single they are all gifts from God. And God gives them to who ever he wills. So put your trust in God for any kind of children you are looking for.
Regards
lawal muteeu
e-mail: olas_123@yahoo.com
phone number: 08032249553
Re: I Want Twins by whiteroses(f): 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2008
mr muteeu what the point of leaving your email and numbers now lol
just tell God you want twins, he'll give you twins, your husband will love you so much if you can give him two big boys cheesy
Re: I Want Twins by MrCrackles(m): 11:46pm On Nov 09, 2008
whiteroses:

mr muteeu what the point of leaving your email and numbers now lol
just tell God you want twins, he'll give you twins, your husband will love you so much if you can give him two big boys cheesy

prolly one of the punters looking for cheap freebies on nairaland! grin
Re: I Want Twins by JamaicanQT(f): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2008
I am a twin and i wish i could answer this question, If you plan on having twins make sure u stick around after they are born because its going to very stressful for the mother taking care of two babies at the same time, its also cost as well so make sure u are earning enough to take care of them, good luck when u try, wink wink wink wink wink I hated being a twin when i was growing up as my mother always dressed us alike and we had to share almost everything, but now im cool with it, love my sis
Re: I Want Twins by kingstylo01(m): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2016
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Edmark Meal Replacement Therapy For Losing Weight 07085055001 Nigeria / This Girl Has A Bad Body Odour. / Medical Council Outlaws Strike For Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.