Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 PM

10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s (655 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Ladies Why Getting Married In Your Late 20s / Why Are Some Men In Their Late 30s And Upward Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s by valkaka(m): 12:36am On Sep 02, 2014
1. Aren't you so freaked out about turning 30? Nope! Any big birthday carries a weight with it, but life doesn't stop when you're 30. In fact, I have tons of fabulous friends who are already in their 30s and doing even more amazing things — with confidence — than they were in their 20s. Mostly I just want to be them when I grow up!

2. Don't you think you're too old for that?Grown men play video games all the time. George Bush just jumped out of a freaking plane for his 90th birthday. There's no age limit on your driver's license for going out dancing until 4 a.m., or anything really.

3. (If you're single) You'll find someone soon. They always come when you least expect it. This may sound helpful in theory, but it just comes out patronizing every time. Last time I checked, there was no law against being single if I want to be, and if I don't, you're just making me feel worse about the soul-sucking agony that is dating in your late 20s.

4. (If you have a significant other) So when are you getting married? When we're ready to. Bye.

5. (If you're married) so when are you having kids? At its most basic level, this is just a rude question, and for many people the answer will be the same as No. 4's. But for another great many people, the answer to this question could be quite emotionally loaded: infertility, a history of miscarriage you don't know about, or maybe, quite simply, they don't want children.

5. Don't you hate still living with a roommate? If I wanted to live alone, I would. The financial savings that come with a room mate are totally worth the occasional inconveniences — and for many people, it's still a financial necessity. Being in our late 20s means we're old enough not to be offended when someone just wants to sit in her room and be alone some nights. Plus, if you're lucky enough to live with a good friend, it's an amazing kind of time together that you'll never get to enjoy again.

6. By the time I was your age, I already had two kids. That's great if that's what you wanted when you were my age. But at this point in my life, I'd rather take a vacation to Australia.

7. Your generation really got screwed, huh? Yes, it did! People in their late 20s graduated into a recession with tons of debt from college. This is an unhelpful reminder that many people are not where they thought they'd be 10 years ago.

8. When do you think you're going to stop renting and buy something? When the Debt Fairy comes along and pays off my student loans.

9. Does it make you feel bad that [younger person] has what you don't? Sometimes, yes, thanks for asking! It's hard not to feel a little bit bad for myself when my Facebook news feed is literally only weddings and babies some weekends — but then I remember my cool job and my fun weekend at the beach and my dog and all the fun stuff I do have.

10. I can't believe you already have wrinkles/gray hair. Unfriended -
Re: 10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s by 1one: 12:41am On Sep 02, 2014
HILARIOUS grin
Re: 10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s by mencade5(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2014
make i stay here first.
.....is typing a message
Re: 10 Things Not To Say To Someone In Their Late 20s by rawpadgin(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2014
my older colleagues wouldn't stop telling me 4 & 6

(1) (Reply)

fd / What Is True LOVE / Any Relationship That Does Not Improve Your Life Is Not Worth It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.