Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria (68711 Views)

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money / Hottest Ways Of Making Cool Money Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2014
No one is talking about the commonest and most annoying one.

Cruising around in cars for movement that would have costed u just 200 naira to and fro.
Most time u end up regretting driving down when u get brushed by an impatient driver, or when u find urself spending hours, burning the fuel within a spot as a result of traffic.

People mostly attribute cars to being a big boy, and consequently, someone that should have ordinarily expected a favour of 10 naira step it up to 50 naira, simply acting on the common say 'enh get car'

Appearing beyond our true self has killed a lot of people financially..

I'm always conscious of this and has saved me a lot of cost and leave me with a peaceful and restful life

6 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2014
borrowing airtime from the stupid network operators
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2014
Lilimax:
Not true!
It takes less then 45mins from Lagos to Asaba by air whereas you spend almost 6 hours by road.
Considering the time, safety and comfort; it's worth it undecided

Time??: One can always schedule the time to suit the journey.
Safety: who says road aint safe when we now have good roads.
Comfort: what are the bus seats made of? plank? We are talking about saving money here!!!!
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2014
guente02: Buying a Psp console for 50k when you can get a monster high end pc flr 120k that would serve for years. Or Buying Airtel BIS when you can contact NL data resellers.

Which one is NL resellers again? undecided
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2014
philclem: embarassedPaying 150 for a seat in MOLUE from Ojota to IKD when u can stand for 50 bucks embarassed embarassed angry

grin

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by harffie(m): 8:21am On Sep 03, 2014
blakky97:
Bukka hut?
Na...that's the name of the restaurant!
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by MegaLaurel: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmm... This is an eye-opener, although funny at the same time but I have really learnt a lot of present and future proper use of my hard earn money from this topic. Thanks Op and all our contributors.#prudent_spending_mode_activated

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by donttouch: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2014
crudedude:

In fact, all the bets.

The sudden proliferation of these bet shops is alarming.

My Papa used to said, "an old poor man was once a young gambler". And I find that to be very true

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Yemisi63: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2014
Have you forgotten on natural hair too? Lmaooo. Funny blog post dedicated to all nigerian girls with natural hair. Read and see things for yourself
http://naijasinglegirl.net/natural-hair-is-not-for-poor-nigerians-thank-you/
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Raymondif: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2014
Using ur hard earn money to buy alcohol at the end u turn ur mouth to vomiting tap.......
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Nigerians waste far too much money on phones.

The average Nigerian changes their phone twice a year. The most annoying part is the ones who earn below 200k but want to be using phones worth over 100k just to feel among. Very annoying!

Another thing guys waste money on is alcohol.

Concerning borrowing this is the wisest advise "The wisdom here is never lend out an amount you are not willing to forget!"

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2014
tobechi74: Patronising prostitutes
some guys no sabi hold deir anaconda so it is a trouble for dem. dey always visit konga
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2014
donttouch:

My Papa used to said, "an old poor man was once a young gambler". And I find that to be very true
oboy. we no get people to dey give us dis kind wisdom again ooo.

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by fpeter(f): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2014
I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE ON THE ASHOEBI THING...I WILL NEVER WASTE MY HARD EARNED KUDI
ON THAT STUFF, KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT IT IS OVER PRICED AND I MAY LIKELY NEVER WEAR
IT AGAIN AFTER THE PARTY...MY BEST BET IS ,KNOW THE COLOUR OF THE DAY,SEARCH YOU CLOSET
WEAR WETIN YOU GET...HO HA! YOU OWE NOBODY APOLOGIES FOR BEING REASONABLY WISE grin
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2014
blakky97: Using kerosene stove and buying kerosene everyday and washing back of pot instead of buying gas cooker and refilling it every 3 months
infact I'm quilty of dis one. I don dey plan to get dat gas now. kerosene no dey last maybe dem dey mix am with something

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2014
harffie:
This applies to moi....infact I jes I spent 3k for bukka inside Lekki!
Crazy when I saw my bills!
hmmmm..big boy
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by blakky97(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2014
Fourwinds:
infact I'm quilty of dis one. I don dey plan to get dat gas now. kerosene no dey last maybe dem dey mix am with something
Me talking; its next week I want to buy my own. Although I don't have stove. I've not been cooking. I'm a young nigga just settling down
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by jeffobodo: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2014
Playing baba ijebu
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2014
Sweetlemon: Nigerians waste far too much money on phones.

The average Nigerian changes their phone twice a year. The most annoying part is the ones who earn below 200k but want to be using phones worth over 100k just to feel among. Very annoying!

Another thing guys waste money on is alcohol.

Concerning borrowing this is the wisest advise "The wisdom here is never lend out an amount you are not willing to forget!"
you've done.. you never mentioned that the most that kills guys is you..all of you women who ask so much and dries up our guys.. you talking of alcohol.. let me tell you guys can save money if only alcohol was our priority.you're the ones whom should be removed from this earth wicked people

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by guente02(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2014
Eberex:

Which one is NL resellers again? undecided
Ogbeni are u a learner?
They resell mobile data plans at a relatively cheaper cost.

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Eberex(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
guente02:
Ogbeni are u a learner?
They resell mobile data plans at a relatively cheaper cost.

Jami si na...........Maybe I've heard about it but yet to do anything about it
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tojahh(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
God go bless all of una wey talk about nairabet and the likes... Infact the thing don kill me, since I visit lagos last year my life has not remain the same again! Chai! Like say na drugs, I dey even pay transport go the stores just to go play games (trowey money) embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by chris4gold(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
5th one got my attention.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by DAVE5(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omexonomy: 11. Campainging for the wrong party in the wrong state with ur hard earn income.
12. Spending money on a woman u will not see her pants and for another man to marry.
13. Living in ajegunle or amukoko instead of living in banana island that is too cheap.

number 12 is the most stupid way to spend ever... especially spending on anoda man WIFE jst to impress her

(she is married nah brothers)
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by shizzleStar: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
malikmoreni: [size=28pt]ASHO EBI??, STUPID WASTE OF PRECIOUS CASH sad[/size]

[size=28pt]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE BUY ASHO EBI,,,MOSTLY shocked shocked[/size]

grin grin

NB: HighLight to See Hidden Text angry angry

you are badd, but i don open your nyanshhh gringringrin

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by DAVE5(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
mayorall: Buying samsung S5 of 120k when Jiayu G4 is 35k

buying jiayu G4 of 35k when tecno m3 is 13k
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Aipete2(f): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
What about MTN
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by BioGreen: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Paying post-graduate tuition yearly in a nigerian university when u know u may eventually abandon the program. Have so far paid 210k aside travelling/accomodation expenses, etc. Need to pay additional 250k or abandon the program! embarassed
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tziz(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by baslone: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
tojahh: God go bless all of una wey talk about nairabet and the likes... Infact the thing don kill me, since I visit lagos last year my life has not remain the same again! Chai! Like say na drugs, I dey even pay transport go the stores just to go play games (trowey money) embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed

Make I give you confirm game? grin
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
crudedude:

In fact, all the bets.

The sudden proliferation of these bet shops is alarming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.