Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! (6677 Views)

Asuquo Ekpe Is Dead (He Scored Nigeria's First Nations Cup Goal) / Sam Ibiam Nigeria's First Goalkeeper (Picture) / Has Nigeria Ever Produced A World Class Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! by motherlode: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2014
For those who know nothing about this sport called ABULA;
HOW TO PLAY ABULA GAME
Abula
is a ball game played on a court rectangular [16m by 8m], 8 pl
ayers,
four [4] players on each side of the court. The players used
wooden bats
to
hit the ball over the net from one side to the other.
The game can be played by Male and Female, even mixed categorie
s of male and
female players with only 4 four substitutes for a team. [The
Abula
traditional game resembles ‘
Volley ball’
game].
There are some basic fundamental skills that are peculiar to Ab
ula game such
as the
Grip, Bend-picking, Ball placement
, the
Smash, Blocking, Ball
Deflection, Rally and footwork
. The team that is first to score the 16
points, while the other has either 14 points or less wins the g
ame.
ABULA GAME -RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The number of the players must be eight [8] in the court bef
ore the
commencement of the match.
2. In a competition the teams must not be less than 3 participa
ting
teams;
3. The team must appear on the court five [5] minutes to avoid
disqualification.
4. The game starts with a toss of coin to choose side, between
the two
[2] captains.
5. A team is allowed to play the ball not less down 3 times bef
ore the
ball passes to the opponent court.
It is a complete disgrace that invented sports in Nigeria are not promoted for high but are being abandoned, if the Nigerian government of the 20th century is behaving in such a way that the 15th century government of u.k is better off, i wonder what the governing body of sport should do!.
In fact, if the people of Nigeria who loves sport and hates racism would know that a country whose citizens are suffering from the stigma of being a black in other countries and have free movement in their home country would know that discouraging a home discovered sport and encouraging a borrowed sport is also a form of racism in Nigeria.

I LOVE NAIJA

(motherlode)

Re: Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! by naturalwaves: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Poor research work and writeup. You should have attached pivtures of abula sports.
Re: Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! by motherlode: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2014
naturalwaves: Poor research work and writeup. You should have attached pivtures of abula sports.
Thanks for your concern, i will look up to that very soon and make corrections if possible.
Re: Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! by naturalwaves: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2014
motherlode:
Thanks for your concern, i will look up to that very soon and make corrections if possible.
Okay, I will be waiting, I really want to see it too.
Re: Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! by ezeonline2(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nice one bro,I love abuja abi na abula back then

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Bundesliga games, German football suspended / Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Beat Eibar 3-0 / Commonwealth Record Holder, Rafiatu Lawal Wins 3 Gold Medals At African Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.