Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout (760 Views)

People Of Aramoko Of Ekiti Blocked Road And Barricade Every Where [see Photos] / Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / Occupy Nigeria: Roads Leading To Eagle Square Have Been Blocked By Soldiers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout by talk2james(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2014
On my way to Ikole-Ekiti yesterday via Ido-Ifaki road, I met a long queue of vehicles. At first I thought it was an accident, so I parked and decided to check what it was in front.

Behold, it was youths in their numbers I saw, they blocked all entrance and exit routes to their town protesting what they said was over 8 months of blackout and which government is doing nothing about. Some of them where even playing football right in front of BEDC office while all the helpless drivers and passengers turned out to be spectators.

When asked why they decided to block the federal road on a Monday morning, they said they are sure that some government officials or influencial people will likely be part of the people that will be held and so they will take their plea to the appropriate authorities.

I got there around 10am and from what I gathered they had blocked the roads since 7am. We were let loose at 11:05am. Some military guys were passing when all this was going on, they just cleared road for themselves and left, that was when I knew that we are on our own.

Some of the pictures I took was from far distance, couldn't summon the courage to go near them to take pic.

Re: Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2014
FRAUD ALERT!!
The dude on top is a BIG fraud.

**He's the reason good FP stories like this don't make Front page; I see no reason why he should be the FTC**

Back to the topic: If youths all round Nigeria begin to Block major ways, then things for don better. I pray the authorities don't disperse them with soldiers the way they did to a mallam soemtime in Kaduna.
Re: Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout by talk2james(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2014
himkers: FRAUD ALERT!!
The dude on top is a BIG fraud.

**He's the reason good FP stories like this don't make Front page; I see no reason why he should be the FTC**

Back to the topic: If youths all round Nigeria begin to Block major ways, then things for don better. I pray the authorities don't disperse them with soldiers the way they did to a mallam soemtime in Kaduna.

I wonder ooo
Re: Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout by stinggy(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2014
These are the kinds of gathering/protest we need, not some paid fools singing praises of a failed government under the aegis of TAN, Neighbour-to-neighbour, Protectors of posterity, etc.. angry
Re: Federal Road In Ifaki-ekiti Blocked By Their Youths To Protest 8 Months Blackout by talk2james(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2014
The said youths promised to keep doing this until they get the needed attention and answer. Learnt they started a week or two ago.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sponsors Are Friends Of President Jonathan,says Chief John Odigie-oye / Popular Gospel Singer KSB To Contest For Lagos Assembly Seat Under APC (pic) / Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Modu Sheriff Storms Mauduguri With 200-soldier Protec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.