Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Stop Using Your Newspaper To Rubbish My Administration, T.A Orji Warns Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Using Your Newspaper To Rubbish My Administration, T.A Orji Warns Kalu (602 Views)

Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Saraki’s Loyalists To Rubbish Buhari’s Ministerial List As Rivals Plot His Remov / Jonathan: APC Is Creation Of My Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Using Your Newspaper To Rubbish My Administration, T.A Orji Warns Kalu by GoodieGreat: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State according to reports, has warned his predecessor, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, “to stop running down his administration using his (Kalu’s) paper as a conveyor belt”. Orji, who took exceptions with a media report credited to Anambra-born billionaire politician, prince Arthur Eze, alleging that “Abia stinks”, accused the ex-governor of using his medium to “twist
the truth and propagate falsehood”.

Dr. Uzor Kalu is the owner of The Sun Publishing Limited, publishers of The Daily Sun newspaper.

Briefing journalists yesterday in Umuahia, the state capital, Commissioner for Information, Eze Chikamnayo, said billionaire politician, Prince Eze, was quoted out of context by Kalu’s paper in his bid to further rubbish the efforts of the present administration to reposition the state.

According to Orji, the Anambra billionaire, who spoke during the Abia @ 23 celebration, was only expressing his dissatisfactions with the deplorable condition of the Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway, and never referred to Abia internal roads as misrepresented by the said report.

“From what Arthur Eze said, it was obvious he was voicing his concern about the state of the Enugu-Port Harcourt express way since he drove in from Enugu and passed through the Okigwe section of the highway which is in a very terrible state”, Orji said.

Orji noted that even members of the Abia State House of Assembly had recently passed a motion calling on the Federal Government to speed up the repair of the highway which has been on slow pace, adding that he had also been positively engaging the FG on key developmental projects in the state.

Orji said it was unpatriotic of “the former Governor to use his paper to turn Arthur Eze’s candid remarks to mean that Abia stinks”, a comment he said Eze had denied when contacted.

Orji contended that his administration had made remarkable success in infrastructural developments as well as improving the standard of living of Abia residents.

According to the governor, his predecessor in office ought to be a shining example of patriotism and warned him to desist from “his campaigns of calumny against the state government or we will be forced to use every legal means to call him to order”.

“It is only obvious that Kalu is intimidated by the towering achievements recorded by the current administration in Abia, a feat which could not be achieved in his eight years of maladministration”, he added.
Posted by Goodness Agbo at Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
http://goodygreat..com

Re: Stop Using Your Newspaper To Rubbish My Administration, T.A Orji Warns Kalu by chinasaekperem: 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
two good for nothing heddiots
Re: Stop Using Your Newspaper To Rubbish My Administration, T.A Orji Warns Kalu by abacrested(f): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Instead of flooding the governor to shut up and see if he can redeem his image,he's accusing Orji Kalou and sun news paper.Sun news paper is not even doing enough to expose the high level of infrastructure decay in aba.below is the current state of MCC N WORLD BANK ROAD IN ABA

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Seminarians Mistaken For Boko Haram Members In Ogun / Nigerians In Bakassi / Iran 'happy' Dancers Lashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.