Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital (817 Views)

Muhammad Ali In Agbada Constume In Lagos 1964 / Nigerian-born Anthony Joshua Becomes British Heavyweight Boxing Champion(pics) / Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by CJ26: 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
News coming in states that former
Cruiserweight Champion Bash Ali has been
hospitalized after getting into a fight with
security men.
Bash ali
The story was first reported by Elobah and
news247.com.ng with Elombah stating that the
fighter has been shot.
Read More: FG Frustrates My Ambition -Bash Ali
However Ali is said to have been protesting
outside of Nigeria-Export Import Bank (NEXIM)
demanding the bank to provide N150 million to
facilitate the hosting of Bash Ali’s Guinness book
of World Record fight project.
Read More: Guinness Book: Boxer Bash Ali To
Become World’s Oldest Boxer
Bash Ali was said to have camped at the
headquarters of Nigeria Export-Import Bank
(NEXIM) yesterday with his fellow supporters.
He was invited in to a meeting with the bank
Managing Director Mr. Robert Orya, but Ali
refused to attend and decided to to lay flat at the
entrance of the bank, thus disrupting business
and creating an ugly scene.
Read More: VIDEO: Watch How Sports Minister
Disgraced Bash Ali, A Very Patriotic Nigerian
News247 says: Management of the bank denied
his supporters entrance but he insisted that his
supporters must attend the meeting. This
generated a fracas between him and the security
before he was overpowered by the securitymen,
who pushed him down and a vehicle climbed his
legs.
Orya told journalists: “Please ask him what he is
doing there. I have explained to this man times
without number that NEXIM Bank does not have
the mandate to sponsor sporting activities”.
Bashiru Ali Lawrence is the only boxer in the
world who has won every cruiser weight title
conceivable.
He also has the reputable record of never being
knocked out and has the best record in the
cruiserweight category. He was born on the 27th
of February 1956 in Lagos, Nigeria.

http://www.naij.com/283910-breaking-former-boxing-champion-bash-ali-hospitalized.html

Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by CJ26: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Our own version of mohammed Ali
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by Lilimax(f): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
When did this happen cos I spoke with his elder sister Alhaja two days ago.
I asked after Bash from her undecided
Whatever be the case, he should get well soon.
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
It seems that in one of his numerous fights, his brain was knocked out of place. I used to see him in a bus stop opposite the Louis Edet house. Has he relocated to NEXIM bank now?

Hmmmm...he really needs help. If his money has finished, he should take it like other athletes and live on past glory, relishing 'when men were boys' and 'how the game is not what it used to be'. Afterall, it happened to Tyson and Hollyfield and they have moved on in life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by texaco1: 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bash ali is still on this issue!!!!! Is it by force for fg to sponsor a fight? Why can't bash go to private organisations for fUnding!
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by hushmail: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
pls his n friends n associates shld rally around him

however how does bash think he can even fight at his age

why pick on Nexim bank? Was he depositing his winnings there? He shld look 4 other avenues to raise money
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by HenCq15: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by Ninilowo(m): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
20pounds: It seems that in one of his numerous fights, his brain was knocked out of place. I used to see him in a bus stop opposite the Louis Edet house. Has he relocated to NEXIM bank now?

Hmmmm...he really needs help. If his money has finished, he should take it like other athletes and live on past glory, relishing 'when men were boys' and 'how the game is not what it used to be'. Afterall, it happened to Tyson and Hollyfield and they have moved on in life.
You are 100% correct my brother. I don't understand why he keeps creating scene just because of one yeye Guinness book of records. I also saw him in that news sleeping right in the middle of the road.
Re: Breaking: Former Boxing Champion, Bash Ali In Hospital by texaco1: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
He has no wife ,no kid ,no house or land and no car . What do u expect from him

(1) (Reply)

Worst Super Eagles Xi Ever / 95% Sure Free Soccer Picks For 19/05/2015 / How I Nearly Tore My Ticket Because Of Liecester (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.