Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal (671 Views)

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal by fkaz(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
The speaker, House of Representatives, Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has reiterated the commitment of the National Assembly to do justice to all the recommendations in the report of the National Conference which has been presented to President Goodluck Jonathan.

The speaker stated this at the weekend in Agba community, Ishielu local government area of Ebonyi State, shortly after the burial of Pa Elder Moses Edeh Akuru, the father of the member representing Ezza North/Ishielu Federal Constituency, Hon Peter Edeh and his twin brother, the Enugu Archbishop, Most Rev Christopher Nweke Edeh.

He said, “The National Assembly is waiting earnestly to receive the report of the National Conference. I am optimistic that the House will do justice to the report. We the members of the National Assembly also commiserate with one of our own, Hon Peter Edeh who represents Ishielu/ Ezza North federal constituency who lost his father, Pa Elder Moses Edeh who was the community leader of Agba community before his death.”

“I commend the people of this community for coming out en
masse to show appreciation for the life of our leader and father. He lived well as a community leader and served the people very well. There is no better way of appreciating him than to thank God for his life”.

Similarly, the prelate, Methodist Church, Dr Samuel Kanu Uche, said that the 2015 general election can be done without the North East geopolitical zone and expressed optimism that God will settle all crises rocking the nation ahead of the election.

According to him “My message to Nigerians is that, we should go on with the 2015 election. If the leaders of the North-East are not ready to cooperate we go ahead without them. But I want them to behave good and advise their children and sons so that the elections will take place in everywhere in Nigeria. But I think before then God will settle this matter. “Boko Haram are troubling the country. I am appealing to them to have a change of heart because if they destroy this country we have no
other country to call our own . I want them to know that they may be deceiving themselves if they think that Nigeria will ever be Islamised.

“Nigeria can never be Islamized. Nigeria will remain a circular state where people are free to practice their religions without interference.

The prelate stressed that the reports of the National Conference will survive in the National Assembly adding that President Jonathan has good purpose for convening the Conference and that N’ Assembly will not jeopardize that great efforts.

“I know that Jonathan means well for this country. I want to plead with Nigerians to understand Jonathan. I believe that National Assembly will look into the National Conference reports very well and give it approval” he said.

In a reaction, Hon. Peter Edeh commended the Speaker, Rt. Hon Tambuwal, the Ebonyi State Governor Chief Martin Elechi, the Prelate, Methodist Church of Nigeria and members of the All Progressive Congress,APC and other well meaning Nigerians that attended the occasion for their contribution towards the burial of his father.

http://leadership.ng/news/382726/well-justice-confab-report-tambuwal
Re: We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal by fkaz(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
Thank God tambuwal is going to do justice to the so-called national conference grin
Re: We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal by Alexk2(m): 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
who are they decieving?..surely nt me sha..
after there recess, they'll be having about three months left before the expiration of there tenure...without the three mths, there will be campaign all over the country with the legislators playing big roles.
The conference report is as good as dead; nobody will address it..nt even the president.
He setup the conference to douse tension in the country and for his second term bid and he knew the report will become useless in the next administration.
God save us from deciet in this country.
Re: We’ll Do Justice To Confab Report – Tambuwal by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dump the document where PIB is ..the right place undecided

(1) (Reply)

Between Emeka Odumegwe Ojukwu And Prof Dora Akunyile / My Wife And I Playing With Nigerian Politicians / This Is What They Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.