Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,906 members, 7,799,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria (31944 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / Nairalander's Trip To Kenya / A Nairalander's Trip To New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
Justfollowit:

Yoruba is actually one of Benin's ethnic groups. they make up more than 10% of the population. It used to be under the administration of the Oyo empire before its fall, However they have a different dialect

Yea. But the ones I know speak the typical yoruba dialect. I've seen videos of others with differing dialects too.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
I travel regularly from my farm located in idiroko to benin republic.
@Op:Hope you enjoy your trip

By the way, Check my articles on the agric.section how to start making good money from agribusiness in nigeria and you will.be glad you did.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by onadana: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
wink wink wink ah bon...cest magnifique...monsieur..excellent
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thanks for revealing the state of that idiroko road.

That should be a lesson to the partisan bigots.... That no state or party is that good.

Obasanjo to Buhari to atiku to Jonathan to Sambo are all the same.

They are all tribal criminals. All of them.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by iamord(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ilekeh:

What a joke.

Phasing out what? Even when okada was a prominent commodity, roads weren't built aside for them.

Your roads do not even accommodate pedestrians or bicycles, talkless of okada.

Are people phasing out too?
. You made necessary sense on this.. Nigeria is one of the highest users of motorcycle and tricycle in africa, if not the highest.. Till date the only development I have noticed in this sector is new uniforms for the glorified agberos collecting money, using marker to write some awkward signature and tearing ticket!! grin . Go to igbobi and see the people that have broken legs and dislocation from bike related injuries. Yet no incentives has been put in place to reduce the occurrence. Like the bike lane in benin rep that the other fellow considers as stale. Nowadays you see them drive on the small pavement that pedestrians are sharing with beggars, market vendors and what not.. Is there even a motorcycle driving school.? An aboki just comes to lagos and picks up a bike and start comerical operation like a baby that knows the location of the breast .. Smh sad

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
iamord:
. You made necessary sense on this.. Nigeria is one of the highest users of motorcycle and tricycle in africa, if not the highest.. Till date the only development I have noticed in this sector is new uniforms for the glorified agberos collecting money, using marker to write some awkward signature and tearing ticket!! grin . Go to igbobi and see the people that have broken legs and dislocation from bike related injuries. Yet no incentives has been put in place to reduce the occurrence. Like the bike lane in benin rep that the other fellow considers as stale. Nowadays you see them drive on the small pavement that pedestrians are sharing with beggars, market vendors and what not.. Is there even a motorcycle driving school.? An aboki just comes to lagos and picks up a bike and start comerical operation like a baby that knows the location of the breast .. Smh sad

O se jare.

Lol @ the last paragraph

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by iamord(m): 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
hezsquirt:

u say benin good? im schooling in benin and we nigerians here are facing hell ......dey hate nigerians passionately......thier police torments us......dey impose higher bills on us......d price of waateva u wanna buy suddenly goes up weneva ure buying as a nigerian
na so so everywhere nigeria go.. “They hate us” you'd better search yourselves.. Countries have become wary of nigerians cos when they come in na another story. Sadly the innocent ones will be affected.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
ZUBY77:
Thanks for revealing the state of that idiroko road.

That should be a lesson to the partisan bigots.... That no state or party is that good.

Obasanjo to Buhari to atiku to Jonathan to Sambo are all the same.

They are all tribal criminals. All of them.

Thank you jor. See road for Ogun state like say na world war 5.

That's why I laugh when I see the great stupidity nlers display in attempt to make fraudulent APC/PDP/APGA look presentable.

Such a darn shame.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by DollyParton1(f): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ilekeh:
I've met a group of Yoruba people from Benin.

They're just like Nigerian Yorubas.
But their Yoruba abi na Anago took me a while to master.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by mike96(m): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
ITbomb:

As a man thinketh, you are as backward as you your reasoning.
A low income country having a separate Lane for bike that Nigeria is gradually phasing out is what you think is ahead. They have separate Lane for bike, we have separate Lane for buses (BRT).

BRT is only in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
I once travelled to Cotonou from mile 2 via badagry and some border. When I got to benin and saw the roads, the separate lanes for bikes and cars and the orderliness, I concluded that Nigeria is cursed

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by OXCUBA: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
OP ..... NA OJIJI PHONE YOU USE SNAP THOSE PICTURES ?
....... THE PICTURE QUALITY IS SOO BLUR

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Hawlahscho(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
where I go almost everyday
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by vikyno(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
The separate lane for bike is not everywhere on their road. Its just from the boarder to a point before the main city.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by stinggy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
anonimi:

Information sharing to promote adventurous travelling that educates and opens the eyes beyond one's immediate environment.
Do you have any problem with that

What would you have preferred on the FP?

Brother, you forgot the crayons? grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Yes I like Benin Republic. I Have an anticipated girlfriend there.
Could you kindly ask me how? This is what happen; earlier this year my Mum I mean my Sweat-Queen-Mum (Best mama) Traven to Benin. And spent couples of day or even weeks there. He told me of their Life, told me alot of them, but the only one that i got a surge of adrenaline (positively) was a girl called Bella my Mum told me how responsible she was, to the fact of helping my Mummy in her chores, Like cooking, fetching water, to mention few. And to save time from long narating, She told my Mum That she would like to live with my Mum! My Mum Would have took her along but she is scaring, as she can't say what could happen to her. And I asked her why cant she take her along, my sharp Mama get me and ask me do you want to marry her? But I just got shy from the question!
AND SINCE THEM HER LOVE IS SWIMMING IN MY HEART! Anyway I got Another anticipated girlfriend who is still in Primary 6 and her name Is Mary!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by diamondboa(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
hezsquirt:

u say benin good? im schooling in benin and we nigerians here are facing hell ......dey hate nigerians passionately......thier police torments us......dey impose higher bills on us......d price of waateva u wanna buy suddenly goes up weneva ure buying as a nigerian

Wetin you go find there ?Your country no do you now.Let them impose even more bills on everything.Come home and make Naija better .Shikena
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by anonimi: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
stinggy:

Brother, you forgot the crayons? grin grin

You forget sey na you hide them for Idi Iroko
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
ITbomb:

A low income country having a separate Lane for bike that Nigeria is gradually phasing out is what you think is ahead. They have separate Lane for bike, we have separate Lane for buses (BRT).

Economically speaking & in terms of standard of living, Nigeria is no match 4 Benin republic.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by sanali(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ilamina:
I love Benin Republic
peaceful, well organized, nice pple
They are no way nice pple, does pple are no way nice and they are not organized, hve u even been to cotonou kuwa
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by mployer(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
AUTOCRATIC:
5 and 6, the market at the boarder
7. Where petrol are sold in bottles
8. Their currency

lol

Them they sell petrol like palmi undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
ITbomb:

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by stinggy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
anonimi:

You forget sey na you hide them for Idi Iroko

Lol... na for seme I hide dem

But seriously go pick them where you kept them, I couldn't even spot your comment from afar again embarassed
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by allcomage: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Nigeria is really backward in everything. So Benin has a seperate road 4 bike.
Not only that,constant power supply,constant water supply,trailers and containers are not allowed in the daytime.I always look for an opportunity
to cross over for a change.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Ilamina(f): 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
sanali:

They are no way nice pple, does pple are no way nice and they are not organized, hve u even been to cotonou kuwa
yes I have

nice experience
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by bashydemy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
hahaha OP that is Zone FIFA that is beside my parc where i sell my cars.. so you visiting Benin Republic for the first time? Welcome to Benin
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by hezsquirt(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
iamord:
na so so everywhere nigeria go.. “They hate us” you'd better search yourselves.. Countries have become wary of nigerians cos when they come in na another story. Sadly the innocent ones will be affected.
why i no go comot naija??......wen naija university no gree gimme admission........im schooling here in Benin.
.....nd i can tel u sum tins bout d country
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by bashydemy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
AUTOCRATIC:
9. Benin republic highway where motorcyle and vehicles moves on seperate lane.

10. Entrance of one of the automobile market

11 and 12. Automobile market
hahaha OP that is Zone FIFA that is beside my parc where i sell my cars.. so you visiting Benin Republic for the first time? Welcome to Benin
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Economically speaking & in terms of standard of living, Nigeria is no match 4 Benin republic.
Economically and in terms of standard of living, Nigeria has the advantage.

Nigeria has more number of people living below poverty level than Benin, but also Nigeria has more number of high class and middle class people by far pass Benin. How many cities and widely spread infrastructures that Benin can boast of outside the capital?
Even their capital can never be compared with the majesty of Abuja

That you see a small number of people being properly managed cannot be compared to the highly diverse and sophisticated Nigerian way of life.
Nigeria has the largest concentration of black millionaires, business executives, investors, academicians and professionals in the entire world though we must admit that these vast human resources is grossly mismanaged

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by OmichaelO: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
@op nice one.. where in benin are you? i left Nigeria of Friday, but i went through badaGRY.. my journey was wonderful,except from the jammed packed passage bus from Iba to Badagry and Badagry to seme...

And the country itself is quite nice, two things that is bursting my head here is the electricity and the Security... you can leave still get bike running by 2am .. Some bikemen sleep on their bike through the night (saw that when coming for club) and they are quite stingy and poor. 25cfa matters to them

And they look at Nigerians like superior being compared to them. atleast what i've seen.. i should stop here, this is not my diary or my thread
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
ITbomb:

Economically and in terms of standard of living, Nigeria has the advantage.

Nigeria has more number of people living below poverty level than Benin, but also Nigeria has more number of high class and middle class people by far pass Benin. How many cities and widely spread infrastructures that Benin can boast of outside the capital?
Even their capital can never be compared with the majesty of Abuja

That you see a small number of people being properly managed cannot be compared to the highly diverse and sophisticated Nigerian way of life.
Nigeria has the largest concentration of black millionaires, business executives, investors, academicians and professionals in the entire world though we must admit that these vast human resources is grossly mismanaged
Crap. what is d essence of d so called resources when even d Nairaland server n our economy is powered by generators? our leaders shd burry their clueless heads in everslating shame. Nigeria story is pathetic
Re: A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria by Mario100: 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
djwinnie:
pls do d custorm officers check documents of ppl tryin to cross d border
Nigeria is a country where anybody can jst breeze in nd breeze out Wthout proper chek-ups,dats y we ar been troubled my d boko haram menace today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out Throwback Pix Of Nigeria Airways, Lagos To New York For Less Than N18K / Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes / Port Harcourt International Airport Ranked Worlds Worst Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.