Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life (27612 Views)

MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Checkout This Hilarious Invitation To A Birthday Party In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
I received a ping message inviting me for a birthday party.
That still voice kept telling me ''NaijaSingleGirl, don't go'' but I remained adamant.
The celebrant said she was going to send someone to come pick me up and take me back home when the evening party was over. This should be easy I thought.
First of all, I had thirty minutes to look for what to wear. It was 5:30pm and the birthday was meant to start by 6pm. No African time.
I eventually found a flare mini skirt but the waist was too large so I tied a scarf across it in place of a belt. Some minutes later, I was good to go.
A Keke Napep of all vehicles arrived with the celebrant brother. A keke is just a wheel barrow with a sitting area and it was painful watching all the swags I had disappear as I jumped in with my high heel sandals. I would have turned it down but I didn't want to come across as a conceited person. Maybe if I was in a relationship she would have sent a ferrari. Who knows?
Three minutes into the journey, a heavy rain began and the convertible looking keke napep was not spared. I arrived at the venue looking like a wet chicken. I was a total mess! The rain wiped out my makeup, the outline of my bra was showing and my skirt was dripping water.
I had to take off the scarf from my waist to wipe my face.
Then came the sympathies from the girls that arrived with Limos.
''Sorry o''. ''Eeyah'' ''let's ask the celebrant for a towel" ''Is your skirt oversized or what?''

Before I knew it, one of the girls handed me a camera and begged me to take them pictures. When I was done giving them 50 shots, none of them wanted to take shots with me. Who would anyway when I was looking like a drenched evil spirit.
I didn't know worse awaited me.
I stepped into the party room without realising there was a short staircase so I fell, ruining a heel from one pair of my sandals. One of the celebrant siblings rushed to pick me up promising she was going to give me a pair of bathroom slippers before I leave. How embarrassing could my day be?

I hurriedly limped to one corner and sat there going through MTN old messages in my phone. Anything to avoid everyone's eyes.
The party had a total of 38 guests inclusive of 36 females and two males. An all girls party? Eighteen girls to one guy? Obviously I was going to leave the party single again.
Oh well...
It was time for the opening prayer.
''You with the red mini skirt, lead us in prayer''
I turned only to realise the celebrant mother was talking to me. The celebrant mother? I thought this was meant to be an adult party for the 'not so old adults'
''In Jesus name, bless this day Lord'' was all I could stutter. If I had said more than that, I would have been weeping.
All I needed was a quiet time with Jesus so I could ask him why all of these was happening to me.
Immediately I was done with my sentence, they started sharing birthday rice. I've never been to such a brief party all my life!
Snap, Pray, Eat and Vamoose. Nice one I thought.
Everyone was served exception of me.
I had to feel my body if I mistakenly wore my invisible cloak.
At that point I started chewing on my invisible gum while other guests who were done with their food looked at me with pity.
''The girl with the short skirt has not eaten, give her food''
The celebrant mother told one of her girls with her Sango voice.
Everyone turned at me.
''I am not hungry'' I lied fighting back tears.
She didn't pay attention to me. A plate of rice was shoved into my hands. Seconds later, the two guys at the party were headed towards me. Among all the girls here, they found me attractive.
Hallelujah!
Something to compensate myself for, I thought.
The first thing one of them said was
''Hello NSG, are you born again? You think life is all about fried rice & mini skirt''
I almost choked on the rice.
Apparently, they were from the celebrant church & I was thinking they fancied me.
Both of them spent the next twenty five minutes preaching to me while I was swallowing my rice one grain after other. I blamed my short skirt for putting me through that.
Eventually, a mini altar-call was done for me there and everyone watched while I proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour.
After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?

209 Likes 33 Shares

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Dolcilicious(f): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pele dear cheesycheesy

I cant stop laughing tho.
Bhuhahahahahah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by dahmie2013: 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nice one! I can only imagine! smiley
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by banjicom(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
undecided i smell lies!

11 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by purplesummer(f): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Rotfl
This is definitely exaggerated but I enjoyed it. grin

15 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Sunbellar: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nice fairy tale!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Icekeeng(m): 3:52am On Sep 03, 2014
Well thats ur own cup of bread!

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Gboliwe: 4:19am On Sep 03, 2014
So hilarious! grin grin grin grin

You are full of humour. grin

Everytime I read your stories, I laugh like a foooool. I hear its good for the heart.
Keep it up

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by sweetyEse(f): 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Hehehehehecheesy. You are so funny!
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Isiterere(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2014
Why always you ? Na only you waka go ? VIP in keke-napep...
Smh

ALL IZZ WELL

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Rocktation(f): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2014
banjicom: undecided i smell lies!

Of cos it must be. An interesting one it is, anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by feedthenation(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Interesting story.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by RoyalRoy(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Another intriguing story from NaijaSingleGirl.

Always a very hilarious moment reading your stories.

Keep it coming.

Thumbs up.

17 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
LoL. Cmon guys, no lies. Hehe
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 26, 2014
Naijasinglegirl:
I love you NSG

1 Like

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
LMAO
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Gabreal1(m): 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
very funny chic....when should we expect to see your face? cheesy
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by jahbiz: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
I read this novel in my

secondary school days,

interesting though.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Atk01(f): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

That still voice kept telling me ''NaijaSingleGirl, don't go'' but I remained adamant.

A keke is just a wheel barrow with a sitting area...

When I was done giving them 50 shots, none of them wanted to take shots with me. Who would anyway when I was looking like a drenched evil spirit.

I hurriedly limped to one corner and sat there going through MTN old messages in my phone.

''In Jesus name, bless this day Lord'' was all I could stutter. If I had said more than that, I would have been weeping.
All I needed was a quiet time with Jesus so I could ask him why all of these was happening to me.

The first thing one of them said was
''Hello NSG, are you born again? You think life is all about fried rice & mini skirt''
I almost choked on the rice.

Eventually, a mini altar-call was done for me there and everyone watched while I proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour.

After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?
I found these parts most hilarious. grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lol. Ndo pele
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nmeri17: 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
you ma you don suffer gan embarassed because of this yo perennial single status sad . just come let me marry u already. or we can date at least so yu can enjoy small smiley

1 Like

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by fairygeh(f): 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
Oh my God,this is the most hilarious story I have ever read,my mum asking me what's wrong with me cheesy cheesy cheesy lwkmd
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by uboma(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
Very funny piece.

I remember being drenched while inside a Kekenapep some years ago, just after a job interview. I thanked God it didn't rain on me before the interview. Lol

Keep it up NGS. I admire your creativity.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by ednut1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
the gal u too funny. hahahahaha , dis is how to promote ur blog. nt a few lines nd put link for us to continue
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Tholudee(f): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
This gel wnt kill me wt lafta o
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Babyboy1986(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Ufranklin92(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Bank450(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by ladyF(f): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lol....hilarious!

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Realgana(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
My DAD died on my 24th birthday which is exactly 8th of October,2013,for that I wont celebrate my birthday ever again.
Naijasinglegirl I will come back and read your hilarious write up later.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by mayorjosh(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
C wat buhari has caused angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Pictures / Kenyan Deaf Couple Weds In Rare Ceremony After Dating Via SMS / Happy Birthday To A Proud Nairalander.... Beautiful Photos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.