Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Am Having Problem On Performing Solat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Am Having Problem On Performing Solat (1028 Views)

Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? / Some Virtues Of Performing Voluntary Prayers In The House / How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hello my muslim brothers and sister am here to share you this great and troubling issue that keep disturbing my heart and life, I came from a muslim family though not a dip one, my great grieviance is the fact that am 20years plus and am finding it difficult to go to mosque or anywhere for praying. Although i went to (ile kewu) arabic school for a year in 2004, i can jst read some sura but my main problem is how to perform solat with no obstacle or grieviance and moreso i seldom going to mosque . please i need your help !
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
I need a teacher and guadian please, your contribution will be highly vital and useful to me
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by Mutuwa(m): 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
First of all try to combat that thing in your mind that is always telling u to halt a bit if u hear d azan.that is if you hear one depending on your location.
Secondly..try to associate with your friends that do observe such prayers that way u will also be attuned to what de do.
Thirdly try to see you get any cleric to really put you through on the rudiments of sallat and being able to add more to the no of surats memorized.

Hope this helps.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Thanks @Mutuwa
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by TheClown: 12:29am On Sep 03, 2014
seedorfg: Hello my muslim brothers and sister am here to share you this great and troubling issue that keep disturbing my heart and life, I came from a muslim family though not a dip one, my great grieviance is the fact that am 20years plus and am finding it difficult to go to mosque or anywhere for praying. Although i went to (ile kewu) arabic school for a year in 2004, i can jst read some sura but my main problem is how to perform solat with no obstacle or grieviance and moreso i seldom going to mosque . please i need your help !

All the devil does is to kill, to steal and to destroy. In the world of today, the above summarizes all that Islam does and wishes to do.

But christ Jesus has come that you might have life and have it in full.
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by vedaxcool(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2014
My brother it is good that by yourself, you have identified a challenging situation to your practice of Islam, this shows that there is still a great deal of consciousness of Islam in you, may Allah strengthen your taqwa and your grasp on Islam. Amin. I think muttuwa said it all, but I will like to add 2 few tips:

1. Listen to recitation of the Qur'an and at the same minimise listening to worldly music that promotes immorality. Please when listening to the Qur'an, listen with your heart that is not as if it is music you are listening to. You can start by listening to shorter recitation or surahs you are familiar with.

2. In addition to reciting the Qur'an, read a translated version of the Qur'an. You would get a lot of inspiration and exhortations from it.

May Allah make it easy for you. Amin

1 Like

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by vedaxcool(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2014
TheClown:

All the devil does is to kill, to steal and to destroy. In the world of today, the above summarizes all that Islam does and wishes to do.

But christ Jesus has come that you might have life and have it in full.

Pay no heed to this clown, his religion celebrates an unjust murder as victory over sin, they say a father murdered his son, in english it is called infanticide to them it is called religion. That is all to it! Islam offers forgiveness with no request for payments or sacrifice just ask from Allah and you are forgiven.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2014
I know the right Religion that suit me @TheClown
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks but I know the right Religion that suit me best @TheClown
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by greetings(f): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
seedorfg: Hello my muslim brothers and sister am here to share you this great and troubling issue that keep disturbing my heart and life, I came from a muslim family though not a dip one, my great grieviance is the fact that am 20years plus and am finding it difficult to go to mosque or anywhere for praying. Although i went to (ile kewu) arabic school for a year in 2004, i can jst read some sura but my main problem is how to perform solat with no obstacle or grieviance and moreso i seldom going to mosque . please i need your help !

In addition, try to read books that helps you rejuvenate and brings you closer to Allah. I find this helps me. Especially, ones that reminds you of the rewards of prayer. Try kallamullah.com or islamqa for many free ebooks and articles.

Hope this helps, salam.

1 Like

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thanks @greetings, i would visit the sit Asp
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by olajide21: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Alhamdullilah for you are still conscious of the fact that you need to offer your salat..... A lot of Muslims are in your shoes but are never bothered.

1. make friends with Muslims who pray and do righteous acts.
2. Stay away from Evil deeds or act that would not take you closer to Allah.
3. Remember Allah in all you do........
4. Life is only for a short while, we would all die someday (you/me might die tomorrow, so do away with all distractions and start observing your daily salawat TODAY!!!!
5. The first thing which a believer would be questioned in the grave is the salat, so my brother START OBSERVING YOU SALAT.
6. Stop listening to Music which is the instrument of Shaitan. Do away with wizkid, olamide, de banj, jazy, tuface, and the rest of them who call you do notting good but indecency and immoral act..... I WISH FOR A WORLD WITHOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!........ You cant imagine the extent to which their lyrics destroys the world until you see youths carrying out the musicians message....
7. Listen to Quran, learn its meanings and attend Islamic functions, gatherings, lectures and symposium.
8. Know my brother, one of the people that would be shaded by Allah on the day the Sun would come so close that all man would drown in their own sweet is a man whose HEART IS ATTACHED TO THE MASJID.
9. Some of your age mates have never missed salat for the past 20 years and you are not better than them and they are no super humans.
10. I pray Allah make it easy for you, for indeed it is part of the mercies of Allah on us to be able to observe salat without hesitation.....

Asalam alaekum.
Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by Slitz(f): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
vedaxcool:

Pay no heed to this clown, his religion celebrates an unjust murder as victory over sin, they say a father murdered his son, in english it is called infatnicide to them it is called religion. That is all to it! Islam offers forgiveness with no request for payments or sacrifice just ask from Allah and you are forgiven.
Ouch!!! U finished Christianity with one blow grin
vedaxcool:

Pay no heed to this clown, his religion celebrates an unjust murder as victory over sin, they say a father murdered his son, in english it is called infatnicide to them it is called religion. That is all to it! Islam offers forgiveness with no request for payments or sacrifice just ask from Allah and you are forgiven.
Ouch!!! U finished Christianity with one blow

1 Like

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by BetaThings: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2014
vedaxcool:

Don't mind them. This is a debate of the watery foundation upon which Christianity is built
The premise is so circular and illogical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oang5Lr76fM

2 Likes

Re: Am Having Problem On Performing Solat by seedorfg(m): 12:57am On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks @ Olajide

(1) (Reply)

Why Make Dua If Everything Has Been Destined? / Islam Among Arabs / Marital Advice Needed From My Brothers And Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.