Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,001 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:17 AM

Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... (2675 Views)

Dog Meat Is Very Nutritious / I Guess This Forum Was For Dog Lovers Not Dog Murderers (eaters) / Dog Head, Dog Meat Found On Sale In Shoprite (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
A large number of people turning to dog meat (flesh and other palatable parts derived from dogs) for its undocumented health and spiritual benefits is snowballing, compelling sellers to open road side joints where they butcher and sell the meat, fresh or cooked. From Ibusa to Agbor, Ubuluku and Umunede in Delta State, you see men mostly in hidden or open kiosks demolishing plates of dog meat pepper soup, which they claim stands out from any other meats

As a group of people gathered round a giant size cooking pot in front of a kiosk built with bamboo sticks at Abuedo Quarters, Ubulu-Uku, along the Umunede Ogwashi-Uku Road, Aniocha South Local Government Area, it did not strike one that they were negotiating the parts of a newly slaughtered dog meat.

Some of the customers wanted to buy the parts and personally prepare them for their family members and friends.

Different experience
“When you buy dog meat that is prepared by the road side, you really enjoy the meat, but it is a different experience when you use it to prepare soup,” said Tony, a slim built bus driver, who parked his Toyota Hiace bus, which he uses to ferry passengers from Agbor to Asaba to join the ‘dog meat’ queue.

Immunization against malaria
On why he eats the meat, he said it serves as an immunization for his family against malaria attack. “We use mosquitoes net in my house, but somehow mosquitoes still find their way into the house, and I know that dog meat fights malaria parasite,” he added.
Foils witches’ attack
For some, dog meat prevents them from being attacked by witches and wizards and even makes evil spiritual forces to flee from them. “I do not fear witches because like dogs that have penetrating eyes, witches too see and they feel I have powers that neutralizes their power,” said Ike Azuka, a teacher who said, “ I visit dog meat joint at least three times a week.”

Traditional doctors’ favourite
At Umunede, Ika North Local Government Area, Ansalem, who sells both dog and goat meats, depending on the animal he gets for the day, told Niger Delta Voice that he sells the bitter part of dog meat to traditional medicine practitioners, who pay upfront for it.

Increasing demand
He also said that the increasing demand of the meat has led to the increase in price. “In the past, we used to buy a big dog for N3, 000 or N3, 500, but now people want to sell for N5,000 or more. That makes it very hard to make more than N2000 after sale.”

A dog met seller in Ibusa, Onyeka, who sometimes kills two dogs a day, and serves it with cooked yam, prepared with heavily- spiced pepper soup, said that he has heard some customers saying that dog meat eaters have fortified immune system that wards off any form of infection.

Onyeka, whose kiosk is proximate the Ibusa General Hospital, said that in the past, some customers used to send people to pick the meat for them, but they now walk in confidently to devour the meat. He said more people were eating the meat because of the good it does to the body.

“Whenever I kill dog meat, people hardly wait for me to finish its preparation before they start making demand,” he said.

Another seller, Success, who also runs a kiosk near Ibusa General Hospital, said that he hardly meets the demand of his customers, who according to him, range from the high to the low in the society.

In Orogun, dog is a deity
DOG meat popularly referred to as ‘404’ by some people, and which they take immense pleasure in consuming, is a taboo at Orogun Kingdom, Ughelli North Local Government Area, Delta State. In fact, dog is revered as a deity in the Urhobo countryside.

It was learned that ancestors of the land founded by a warrior called Orogun, practically worshiped the animal because it helped them in the time of war. Other animals worshiped by Orogun people are the iguana and tiger.

Dog assisted our forefathers in battle
A knowledgeable native, Mr. Innocent Efetobor, who spoke to Niger Delta Voice, said: “We forbid it because it is ‘erosofe,” and erosefe is our god. When the Orogun people fought wars in the olden days, dog assisted our forefathers in the battle field, hence we forbid it.”

“As a matter of fact, any woman who is not an indigene but married to Orogun man, is also forbidden from eating dog meat and any man who is not an indigene, but married to Orogun woman is also forbidden from eating it,” he asserted.

Deadly offence to eat dog
A prominent legal practitioner, who hails from Orogun, Mr Richard Omokor, also told Niger Delta Voice: “We do not eat dog meat at all; it is a taboo for any Orogun indigene, man or woman to eat dog meat.”

“As an Orogun man, I do not even use the plate used in eating dog meat to eat. If I go to anywhere they eat it, I do not eat. If I must use the plate, I will have to purify the plate with native chalk. We can rear it as a domestic animal and sell to people,” he added.

On why they forbid it, he said, “Frankly speaking, I do not know, I may have to reach out and get back to you. I grew up as child to meet it this way.

He, however, said, “Those who dare it and fail to appeal the gods are in their graves, it is as serious as that. So we do not gamble with it. Once you eat, your skin will begin to change, you will see colours.”
Iguana, dog, tiger are sacred animals

A community elder, who threw more light, told Niger Delta Voice, “Orogun is made up of five quarters, namely; Umusu, Unukpo, Imodje, Ogwa and Emonu. We have sacred animals in Orogun kingdom, namely iguana, dog and tiger. They are sacred animals.”

Culled from Vanguard
http://naijavibz..com/2014/09/dog-meat-cures-malaria-repels-witches.html

5 Shares

Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Tolexander: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Immunization against
malaria

On why he eats the meat, he
said it serves as an
immunization for his family
against malaria attack. “We
use mosquitoes net in my
house, but somehow
mosquitoes still find their way
into the house, and I know
that dog meat fights malaria
parasite,” he added.
Foils witches’ attack
For some, dog meat prevents
them from being attacked by
witches and wizards and even
makes evil spiritual forces to
flee from them. “I do not fear
witches because like dogs
that have penetrating eyes,
witches too see and they feel I
have powers that neutralizes
their power,” said Ike Azuka, a
teacher who said, “ I visit dog
meat joint at least three times
a week.”
i doubt if Seun will allow this thread to be moved to the homepage(front page).

Cos reading the quoted part may surely collapse the dog subsection of nairaland which is seun's most favorite place on nairaland. He may be afraid, thinking many people will start killing and eating their dogs for immunization against malaria and witches. Seun's dog also may not be spared!

3 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tolexander: i doubt if Seun will allow this thread to be moved to the homepage(front page).

Cos reading the quoted part may surely collapse the dog subsection of nairaland which is seun's favorite place on nairaland. I'm afraid many people will start killing and eating their dogs for immunization against malaria and witches. Seun's dog also may not be spared!
Very Funny grin grin grin
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Seun(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
These dogs look different from the local dogs I've seen in Sango Ota. They have floppy ears and look bigger. Poor dogs sad
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by konjakonja(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
It cures cancer as well as typhoid
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Very razz menu; local dog, local dog, local dog...

Dem no get rottweiler? Or dem small small Chihuahua make person put inside hot dog bunz.
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Seun: These dogs look different from the local dogs I've seen in Sango Ota. They have floppy ears and look bigger. Poor dogs sad
grin grin grin
well Vangard says its Delta state ooo
There is going to be Serious loss in biodiversity of dog specie in delta state...
i feel sorry for them dogs
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
konjakonja: It cures cancer as well as typhoid

Am so suprised as to why it does not cure EBOLA...
Cause if it does then there would be no more dogs left in Nigeria and the World at large
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Eyop: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Naijavibz1:

And have you tried it with an Ebola victim cheesy grin
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
Eyop:
And have you tried it with an Ebola victim cheesy grin
bro i no bbe doctor ooo
na vanguard be my source ooo

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by konjakonja(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Naijavibz1:

Cause if it does then there would be no more dogs left in Nigeria and the World at large
Dogs have a resistance to Ebola,I'm sure it could give ebola a knock too
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
konjakonja: Dogs have a resistance to Ebola,I'm sure it could give ebola a knock too
There is no problem you could be the first test subject...
make we use you do experiment...
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by konjakonja(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Naijavibz1:
There is no problem you could be the first test subject...
make we use you do experiment...
no way! I'm not in the country now,I deyCuba now
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
konjakonja: no way! I'm not in the country now,I deyCuba now
You could always come back..
there is no place like home
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by konjakonja(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Naijavibz1:
You could always come back..
there is no place like home
Thanks for your concern,but I have a wife here to take care of. Just keep nigeria cool till 2020 when I will visit again
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
konjakonja: Thanks for your concern,but I have a wife here to take care of. Just keep nigeria cool till 2020 when I will visit again
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by shakol91(m): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
konjakonja: Thanks for your concern,but I have a wife here to take care of. Just keep nigeria cool till 2020 when I will visit again
grin so you too believe in vision 2020. Don't mind naija government,just come anytime u feel like coming

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by bknight: 11:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
You'd pity them dogs more when you see the brutal way they are killed. Such pity! angry
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz1: 12:06am On Sep 03, 2014
bknight: You'd pity them dogs more when you see the brutal way they are killed. Such pity! angry
Well all dogs go to Heaven!!!
so i was told
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Ishilove: 5:23am On Sep 03, 2014
Being a dog owner and lover, I find this post most repulsive and heartbreaking. Dogs are hunters, not food!! angry

Fight malaria...boost immunity... WTF!!!

I know for certainty the presence of dogs in compounds repels certain malevolent spirits because these animals see them, but nowhere have I heard that EATING them has the same effects. SICK angry

No wonder dogs are a rarity in those sides sad

I remember years back, when a certain man refused to allow us rest because he had seen how fresh and healthy looking my Ruggedman was. To quote him: "He go full pot". He was willing to pay a ridiculous amount for him.

Goodness, I was furious. The way these animals are killed is simply brutal. The dog is simply bludgeoned to death. Just like that. If it is a mid-sized dog, it is tied in a bag and the bag struck on the ground till the animal stops moving. cry

My brother had this friend who Rugged hated with a passion for no apparent reason. My dog is quite genial, but once this youngman steps into the compound, he turns into a snarling mass of bristling fur and flashing teeth and wouldn't stop barking until the boy leaves the compound. It was later that we discovered that the boy in question is a dog eater. angry

4 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Ishilove: 5:24am On Sep 03, 2014
bknight: You'd pity them dogs more when you see the brutal way they are killed. Such pity! angry
'Brutal' is an understatement.
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by kuzee(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2014
killing a dog is like killing a human
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Burger01(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2014
Oh my God! I hate dog eaters angry It's like eating your friend up. God, who do Nigerians do such a thing? Selling dogs in the market like they sell rams and cows. Na thunder go fire all dog eaters sad angry
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Burger01(m): 8:55am On Sep 03, 2014
konjakonja: It cures cancer as well as typhoid
Sharrap! Just shut it. Why not cure HIV.. Mtcheew angry
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by UjSizzle(f): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Poor creatures. Now they know what it feels like being a goat sad
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by sigmundfreud(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2014
What nonsense?! I should put extra lock on Terry's cage to keep these "dogvampires" away!
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Ishilove: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2014
sigmundfreud: What nonsense?! I should put extra lock on Terry's cage to keep these "dogvampires" away!
One of our dogs went out and never came back. The dog in question is rather shy and doesn't stray far from home, so I am pretty sure he was dognapped by the same folks who said his brother go full pot angry
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Naijavibz1: A large number of people turning to dog meat (flesh and other palatable parts derived from dogs) for its undocumented health and spiritual benefits is snowballing, compelling sellers to open road side joints where they butcher and sell the meat, fresh or cooked. From Ibusa to Agbor, Ubuluku and Umunede in Delta State, you see men mostly in hidden or open kiosks demolishing plates of dog meat pepper soup, which they claim stands out from any other meats

As a group of people gathered round a giant size cooking pot in front of a kiosk built with bamboo sticks at Abuedo Quarters, Ubulu-Uku, along the Umunede Ogwashi-Uku Road, Aniocha South Local Government Area, it did not strike one that they were negotiating the parts of a newly slaughtered dog meat.

Some of the customers wanted to buy the parts and personally prepare them for their family members and friends.

Different experience
“When you buy dog meat that is prepared by the road side, you really enjoy the meat, but it is a different experience when you use it to prepare soup,” said Tony, a slim built bus driver, who parked his Toyota Hiace bus, which he uses to ferry passengers from Agbor to Asaba to join the ‘dog meat’ queue.

Immunization against malaria
On why he eats the meat, he said it serves as an immunization for his family against malaria attack. “We use mosquitoes net in my house, but somehow mosquitoes still find their way into the house, and I know that dog meat fights malaria parasite,” he added.
Foils witches’ attack
For some, dog meat prevents them from being attacked by witches and wizards and even makes evil spiritual forces to flee from them. “I do not fear witches because like dogs that have penetrating eyes, witches too see and they feel I have powers that neutralizes their power,” said Ike Azuka, a teacher who said, “ I visit dog meat joint at least three times a week.”

Traditional doctors’ favourite
At Umunede, Ika North Local Government Area, Ansalem, who sells both dog and goat meats, depending on the animal he gets for the day, told Niger Delta Voice that he sells the bitter part of dog meat to traditional medicine practitioners, who pay upfront for it.

Increasing demand
He also said that the increasing demand of the meat has led to the increase in price. “In the past, we used to buy a big dog for N3, 000 or N3, 500, but now people want to sell for N5,000 or more. That makes it very hard to make more than N2000 after sale.”

A dog met seller in Ibusa, Onyeka, who sometimes kills two dogs a day, and serves it with cooked yam, prepared with heavily- spiced pepper soup, said that he has heard some customers saying that dog meat eaters have fortified immune system that wards off any form of infection.

Onyeka, whose kiosk is proximate the Ibusa General Hospital, said that in the past, some customers used to send people to pick the meat for them, but they now walk in confidently to devour the meat. He said more people were eating the meat because of the good it does to the body.

“Whenever I kill dog meat, people hardly wait for me to finish its preparation before they start making demand,” he said.

Another seller, Success, who also runs a kiosk near Ibusa General Hospital, said that he hardly meets the demand of his customers, who according to him, range from the high to the low in the society.

In Orogun, dog is a deity
DOG meat popularly referred to as ‘404’ by some people, and which they take immense pleasure in consuming, is a taboo at Orogun Kingdom, Ughelli North Local Government Area, Delta State. In fact, dog is revered as a deity in the Urhobo countryside.

It was learned that ancestors of the land founded by a warrior called Orogun, practically worshiped the animal because it helped them in the time of war. Other animals worshiped by Orogun people are the iguana and tiger.

Dog assisted our forefathers in battle
A knowledgeable native, Mr. Innocent Efetobor, who spoke to Niger Delta Voice, said: “We forbid it because it is ‘erosofe,” and erosefe is our god. When the Orogun people fought wars in the olden days, dog assisted our forefathers in the battle field, hence we forbid it.”

“As a matter of fact, any woman who is not an indigene but married to Orogun man, is also forbidden from eating dog meat and any man who is not an indigene, but married to Orogun woman is also forbidden from eating it,” he asserted.

Deadly offence to eat dog
A prominent legal practitioner, who hails from Orogun, Mr Richard Omokor, also told Niger Delta Voice: “We do not eat dog meat at all; it is a taboo for any Orogun indigene, man or woman to eat dog meat.”

“As an Orogun man, I do not even use the plate used in eating dog meat to eat. If I go to anywhere they eat it, I do not eat. If I must use the plate, I will have to purify the plate with native chalk. We can rear it as a domestic animal and sell to people,” he added.

On why they forbid it, he said, “Frankly speaking, I do not know, I may have to reach out and get back to you. I grew up as child to meet it this way.

He, however, said, “Those who dare it and fail to appeal the gods are in their graves, it is as serious as that. So we do not gamble with it. Once you eat, your skin will begin to change, you will see colours.”
Iguana, dog, tiger are sacred animals

A community elder, who threw more light, told Niger Delta Voice, “Orogun is made up of five quarters, namely; Umusu, Unukpo, Imodje, Ogwa and Emonu. We have sacred animals in Orogun kingdom, namely iguana, dog and tiger. They are sacred animals.”

Culled from Vanguard
http://naijavibz..com/2014/09/dog-meat-cures-malaria-repels-witches.html
the horror!!!!
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ild kill anybody I find involved
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by aguizm(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
This is so scary.Time to put extra lock on rado's cage before these kind people dognap am for me ooo.
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by sigmundfreud(m): 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ishilove:
One of our dogs went out and never came back. The dog in question is rather shy and doesn't stray far from home, so I am pretty sure he was dognapped by the same folks who said his brother go full pot angry
Sad. Even dead ones are not spared. I lost a dog 3 years ago when someone left the gate open. I was called to come identify the body of a dog hit by a car while at work. I rushed to the scene within 30mins. I only saw a fragment of its collar after like 2 hours of searching!
Re: Dog Meat Cures Malaria, Repels Witches – Eaters In Ibusa, Agbor, Ubulu-uku... by Naijavibz: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Seun: These dogs look different from the local dogs I've seen in Sango Ota. They have floppy ears and look bigger. Poor dogs sad
Seun its a pleasure to meet you
Never knew you were the famous "Seun Oshewa"
again its a Honor ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Duke The Lhasa / What’s The Average Price Of Getting A Pug Puppy / CHARMING GATE SIGNS FOR THE ROTTIE LOVERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.