Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card (919 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo / New Face Of The Remodelled Benin Airport. Who Says The FG Is Not Working. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
this is like hosting our biometric data with a private company in the US.
it is synonymous with USA handing over their citizens' records to interswitch LTD.

why will payment be integrated to it when
we already have working payment cards

is there any provision in our constitution that allows such reckless decision to be made?

when are we Nigerians going to start doing things the right way?

Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Is is that it's abnormal or that the company is not Nigerian

Which is which
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dude there is nothing like nigeria o just a combination of interests and this is one of them, we all know and accept it that's why every kinda sh*t floats down here. Shikenan!
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
aguiyi: Is is that it's abnormal or that the company is not Nigerian

Which is which

Both
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by chaloner(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
but its none of my business
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by ifemiide: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Let us be happy that its not boko haram logo Because in nigeria of today, anything goes
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by richeso: 1:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Well if you ask me.I fit dey wrong oo..but.. I no see wetin bad inside
Its already there in our atm cards and if its about our identity. Our phone numbers are
Registered, may of us uses this numbers to register facebook, register and validate
Yahoomail, gmail ..
If e go bring anything positive am in.
Re: Why Will The FG Allow Mastercard Logo On Our National ID Card by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
richeso: Well if you ask me.I fit dey wrong oo..but.. I no see wetin bad inside
Its already there in our atm cards and if its about our identity. Our phone numbers are
Registered, may of us uses this numbers to register facebook, register and validate
Yahoomail, gmail ..
If e go bring anything positive am in.

First off, A national ID should not be an ATM card.
if i need an ATM card, i will gladly walk into a bank.

Next is privacy and security.
A security breach exposes every citizen's info, biodata, address,phone numbers and bank account
There ought to be a solid framework that will ensure every citizen's data is protected

Having the mastercard logo on our national ID is more like modern day slavery where everyone including the president etches the name of his slave master on his forehead

like the analogy i gave earlier. a top level access staff at mastercard can easily export all phone numbers/names of every nigerian and sell it on the black market.

(1) (Reply)

2015 ROFOROFO Update: Buhari Campaign Team Replies Presidency / Another Fours Years Of Pdp’ll Destroy Nigeria -buhari. / Abati's Article On PEJ In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.