Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,025 members, 7,807,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation (38169 Views)

Checkout This Conversation Between A Lady's Ex-Boyfriend & Her New Man (Snapshot / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / Why Do Women Run When They Find Out You Have Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by franzis(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2014
I’d feel like I just wasted four years of my life if this is not heading anywhere

Girl: So…
Guy: So…
Girl: I need for us to have this conversation
Guy: What conversation?
Girl: We’ve been together for four years
Guy: Yea?
Girl: And I need to know where this is heading to
Guy: Oh boy!
Girl: Listen baby, it is only fair to define this. Four years of my life is a lot to ask for
Guy: What do you mean?
Girl: I’d feel like I just wasted four years of my life if this is not heading anywhere
Guy: Babe, it’s a relationship… not a death sentence.
Girl: You don’t get it, do you?
Guy: Make me get it
Girl: It is time to define US. Where are we heading to?
Guy: We…we are in a relationship. It’s a destination. Isn’t that enough?
Girl: So where is the next bus-stop?
Guy: Every day we stop and pick up new ways of loving each other…that’s how it works.
Girl: So when do we get to the bus-stop where you propose to me? Or aren’t we going to get engaged?
Guy: …
Girl: Baby, say something!
Guy: I earn N120k… I am not ready for marriage.
Girl: I didn’t say marriage, I said engagement.
Guy: What’s the difference? One is supposed to lead to the other, right?
Girl: Baby, I have to wear an engagement ring just for the satisfaction of knowing that this is leading somewhere
Guy: For how long? Another four years? So you can finally brand me a monster for tying you down for eight years?
Girl: Do you plan to tie me down for that long?
Guy: I don’t know, babe. I just know that I’ve seen too many f%&ked up situations and I am in no hurry to get engaged or married or any of that.
Girl: So are we f%&ked up?
Guy: No…but…look at Francis and his wife…they quarrel like drunk cats! Guy earns barely above what I earn and he already has two kids. The minute you get married the kids start popping out like popcorn. It’s shitty. It doesn’t interest me at all.
Girl: Wait, let me understand what you are saying… Are you saying marriage is shitty, and you have no interest in having kids?
Guy: No, not right now. I’m not interested. I can’t afford that lifestyle on my salary.
Girl: Then dream bigger, aim higher…’cos I’m tired of waiting!
Guy: Then don’t wait. You don’t have shackles on your feet.
Girl: WHAT?!
Guy: Babe, see…I love you, but I’m not going to promise what I can’t afford to give. If you can understand that then we can continue loving each other, if not then it’s fine. I understand.
Girl: I can’t believe you!
Guy: Wh…what do you want me to do?
Girl: The right thing!
Guy: But this is the right thing. I’m not going to lie to you nah!
Girl: So four years just go by like that and I’m supposed to just walk away?
Guy: Don’t walk. Stay with me.
Girl: Until when?
Guy: Until…what do you mean, “until when?” Isn’t this a relationship?
Girl: That is heading nowhere!
Guy: Ok…ok! So it seems we have very different views about this, ‘cos if you ask me I’ll tell you that this is fulfilling in itself, and it is enough for me- just having you in my life and sharing it together.
Girl: I will never forgive you if you don’t do the right thing. And God will judge you.
Guy: Oh boy! What are you on about?
Girl: If you think you can just use me and dump me…
Guy: Use you?! How? We are dating! How is that “using” in anyway?
Girl: And I’m supposed to just stay in a relationship that has no plans to evolve?
Guy: I thought we were evolving just fine. Loving, sharing, learning…
Girl: This is bullshit! And karma will get you for this!
Guy: Babe, I didn’t f%&k you without your permission. Everything we did, we did because we wanted to. And if we break up now, it will be because we stopped wanting the same things. Our needs changed. Mine is still straight, but you want other things I can’t give; so how does that make me a bad guy?
Girl: Is this a plan to marry someone else? Piss me off and then go get a new chick, abi?
Guy: You are not listening…you never listen. I am presenting to you a simple case: I do not have the money to buy you an engagement ring…I don’t have money to pay LindaIkeji to cover our “surprise engagement” that we’d have at The Galleria, with your palm over your mouth feigning surprise and acting like you didn’t tie my balls to do it. I do not have money to entertain your friends and family…and I, sure as hell, do not have the money to plan a wedding, or move you into my small apartment. And I will not have kids popping out from every hole in your body just so I can tick all of society’s boxes. I don’t have the money…and guess what, I don’t have any interest in doing all of that.
Girl: So why did you date me?
Guy: Gosh! Are you serious?!
Girl: Answer me, damn it!
Guy: I dated you because we liked each other! Heck, you showed as much interest as I did… you attacked me like a tigress on our first night. I didn’t force you to cook, clean…you did it willingly just as much as I did all I did freely. Why are you now making it seem like we had an agreement four years ago that I am reluctant to fulfil?
Girl: I am a woman, and you let my biological clock tick away like that!
Guy: Aaaaargh! What do you want from me?
Girl: Ok…what if I settle everything? I work too and I can buy the engagement ring for myself and pay for a photographer to capture the moment. It will be on a yacht not at The Galleria…I’ll pay BellaNaija to put it up. All you need to do is slip it into my finger. For the wedding, I’ve been saving for four years. I have enough to cover my dress, the cake, the hall, the food, MC and photographer… you can take care of your suit and the Deejay.
Guy: Wow! What can I say? Are you sure you are not on some cheap meds?
Girl: Excuse me?!
Guy: Babe, you know what? I think it is best we break up. I can’t deal with this right now.
Girl: Really?!
Guy: Yes, really.
Girl: You evil man! I stayed with you, nursed you when you were ill…bought you the best gifts four years in a roll for your birthday…sucked you, kissed you, loved you like you were the last man on earth…
Guy: I sucked you too; ate you well like you were the sweetest cake in the store; bought you nice gifts; travelled with you; heard you cry, laugh… helped you get better at your job…supported you when you feared you had breast cancer. I did what a boyfriend should do. So what’s your point?
Girl: Shut up! You devil!
Guy: *sighs* Babe, I can’t give you what you want. I’m just not ready for it. I’m sorry.
Girl: I gave you the best years of my life.
Guy: And I gave you the best of what I could afford. Cut the pity party, abeg. You are the one asking for more, you are the one who’s unfair. So why blame me? You are the one ending the relationship; I’m just trying to be sincere.
Girl: God will shame you! I will get married before the end of this year.
Guy: Oho! So you’ve been cheating on me?
Girl: I never cheated, but God sees my heart and He will give me my heart desire and shame my enemies.
Guy: So you’ll be getting married to a stranger then?
Girl: Love happens in mysterious ways!
Guy: Good. Send me an invite.
PS: Ah Love! What a burriful thang!

357 Likes 143 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by McWhillion(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2014
The girl is damn right, no normal girl would feel safe in a 4 years relationship without been engaged. I feel on top the world anytime I realise that I can't be cornered into such a predicament as a guy.

Sorry ladies, it's really a man's world ...

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2014
If a guy doesnt propose to u in four years tym u beta leave him because its difficult to bear a child if ure more than 30years old.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2014
rahymat: If a guy doesnt propose to u in four years tym u beta leave him because its difficult to bear a child if ure more than 30years old.

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by badmuch1(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2014
Quite interesting!
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Agybabe(f): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2014
The guy is a time-waster!

Girl move on...!

16 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by hushmail: 11:28am On Sep 03, 2014
d scene above gets repeated over n over again

why dont pple learn from others mistake?

Each party shld what he or she expects upfront to avoid such situations

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by chemystery: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmmmn. That guy sounds nice and indifferent. He seems to like or love the lady but probably foresee no future with her. On the other hand, he might probably not be ready for marriage or thinks it's irritating with the lady rushing up things. The guy in question, might be one of those guys who never dreamt of settling down or who has phobia for settling down. Unlike the female folks, almost every guy has this phobia but this of course varies from one individual to another.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by walexzee11(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lolzzzzzzz... ....The guy's reply is damn funny ironically also wisdom oriented..... ..Ladies finds it difficult to understand this kind of guy cos they hate being told the truth....It seems me and the guy are on thesame page!!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Houseofglam7(f): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Somewhere not too far away, this 'script' is being played out......but its none of my business.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by ITbomb(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Girls would follow the fine rich play boy for years hoping that by giving the punny as requested and taking care of the guy's needs, he will soften up to bend into marriage.

Though it works sometimes but a smart girl should know when the guy is just for fun and start looking for alternative.

8 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by McWhillion(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Houseofglam7: Somewhere not too far away, this 'script' is being played out......but its none of my business.
It's not your business 'cos you're married?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by marieolae(f): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
This guy doesn't have any intentions in marrying her. 4 years is not a joke at all. He literally just wasted her time. Mehn they say these hoes aint loyal, but really these guys aint serious at all. Pure BS!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by nicechic(f): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Some guys don't have conscience

5 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Tymax(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lwkmd. But the guy is selfish sha.

He should have explained it from the first year.

5 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Usjimy(m): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
This na fine breakup mehn...where both party aren't really vengeful.

...But d guy sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Dayjhihannon01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
chemystery: Hmmmmn. That guy sounds nice and indifferent. He seems to like or love the lady but probably foresee no future with her. On the other hand, he might probably not be ready for marriage or thinks it's irritating with the lady rushing up things. The guy in question, might be one of those guys who never dreamt of settling down or who have phobia for settling down. Unlike the female folks, almost every guy has this phobia. But this of course varies from one individual to another.
Its the gurl dat just av an hidden agenda already.. A substitute who she wana let in in a rush..The guy may want a more secured earnings... .Its just a prototype of what happened to me.. Aldo my total years in d relatnshp isn't up to two years yet.. Even d proposing tin is just few months old... The next questn she asked is 'are u ready for Marriage??.. And I said Capital NO.. U knew ma job isn't permanent yet.. A better future is what I'm thinking of Not a celebrating present... And away she flew... The next 3weeks she invited me for her engagement '' and I laffd and wished her well..

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
The relationship was there for the sake of a relationship. Datz all.

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by supaman04(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hillarious!!

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Safari29: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
If I have this kinda girl I ll wife her up asap

9 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dat guy ehn....i don't blame im tho
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by mencade5(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
that is why i will always say''go for traditional wedding then register your wedding in court''. Thats all.

This white wedding puts some men into real debts.

After the spending in the wedding, that is when the real marriage starts.

No need for ashoebi, or and-co.

Ladies, make una dey pity men na. Shebi na marriage una want. If he plans wedding for 30 people abeg accept it ooo.

Na wa!

40 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
The girl even began to settle for engagement when its marriage she truly wants. Lol.

Wanted to marry herself sef the guy should just show up for the wedding. cheesy

Kai! see settling.

3 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by mencade5(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: Its the gurl dat just av an hidden agenda already.. A substitute who she wana let in in a rush..The guy may want a more secured earnings... .Its just a prototype of what happened to me.. Aldo my total years in d relatnshp isn't up to two years yet.. Even d proposing tin is just few months old... The next questn she asked is 'are u ready for Marriage??.. And I said Capital NO.. U knew ma job isn't permanent yet.. A better future is what I'm thinking of Not a celebrating present... And away she flew... The next 3weeks she invited me for her engagement '' and I laffd and wished her well..
bllod of Jesus!

That means she had been keeping a separate guy one side as a substitute when you disapoint her.

Chaiii chaiiii.....evil women everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by mencade5(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
walexzee11: Lolzzzzzzz... ....The guy's reply is damn funny ironically also wisdom oriented..... ..Ladies finds it difficult to understand this kind of guy cos they hate being told the truth....It seems me and the guy are on thesame page!!!
u go fit teach me small?

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by daveP(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Franzis, i feel like i should continue the above.... Permit me

( about 7months later at a party, the Dj dropd Dbanj's fall in love, waist are twisting, some drunk buddies carry themselves respectably. But it is obvious they are nt stable)

Girl: oh my, im feeling scared ben(the new guy)

ben: why? We are in dis together baby. I hope this isnt about what gboyega did to you. (her face affirms it) cmon sweety..

Girl: (looks him in d eye)

ben: ive been thinking..... (stared face across at the dj that nods his head in exhilaration to his music) if life is so harsh... Il like to beat it to its own game..(kneels down and brings out platinum-coated 12-carat engagement ring) Will u be my wife, my best friend, greates pal and the one i call my 'one'?

Girl: (covers her face and stands up) yes ben, yes ben!!(screams and hugs him. Those around are aware and start clapping, the drunk ones inclusive)

........... To be continued grin

32 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Austyn44(m): 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
LAST BULLET
Girl: so what are we now?
Guy: we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. grin

Lord have mercy on our sisters. Amen!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Donfamous(m): 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
children popping out like pop corn from every hole in ur body hahahahahahahahha

45 Likes

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Truckpusher(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
No sane man would keep a girl for four years ............... what are the things to explore when you finally marry her? undecided

Say no to long-term relationship.

I can't marry a girl that stayed and fuccked one guy for good four years it is as good as they getting maried....Haba wetin I wan see again na? undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by onegig(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
hushmail: d scene above gets repeated over n over again

why dont pple learn from others mistake?

Each party shld what he or she expects upfront to avoid such situations
exactly. Also the guy in this scenario is irresponsible. The girl is right to ask questions about where such is proceeding. If you can't assure your partner of what goals you have why then are you guys together.

Do you just enter a bus without a destination? If your current finances can't cater for a home, there's nothing wrong with brainstorming and working with her. Nothing wrong in you guys joining hands together. Some people have even been found to naturally succeed when they get married. I won't be suprised because two good heads is better than one. If he however feels otherwise. Let him free her. That's why its better to abstain from relationships when you don't see the potential of marrying that person. Life would be more easier for everyone..

Ladies and gents need to start prioritizing and start asking questions at the very start. You should want to know if what you share is true and real and is heading somewhere. Once you have that you would have at least weeded out 50% of the gold diggers and players.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Samyj247: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
see girls mumu sense. After guys don hamer u finish, u go run go meet another man for marriage. Assuming this girl refused sex, this guy would have married her. You think se guys na mumu abi.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by mencade5(m): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
Samyj247: see girls mumu sense. After guys don hamer u finish, u go run go meet another man for marriage. Assuming this girl refused sex, this guy would have married her. You think se guys na mumu abi.
especially when the thing don slack finish. Na one innocent man them go carry the thing give.

Shioorrrr!

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Major Causes Of Break-ups Of Today’s Relationships / Annoying Replies When Caught Cheating. / Kenny Brandmuse Scared Of Returning To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.