Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core (48145 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Mining And Earth's Ocean. / Human-like Species Discovered In South Africa (Photos) / Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by harffie(m): 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
iamord:

I guess that answers why africans have made little or no discovery. Shey
That's because we don't try hard enough!
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by victorazy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
CoolHunk: When will Africa discover something tangible?

We discovered Ebola! embarassed
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by victorazy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
princefunmi:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

So that's where all the waters in Noah's flood went!!!

It has been there before Noah!
Just a reserve for special work on earth of which God can never make use of again.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
d waters used for destruction of the world in the days of noah wer do u tink they went? water no dey dry but once it vanish goes somewhere
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
back2sender:

So with Nigeria strong Christian foundation why is the country full of corruption abi naa ordinary stealing, nepotism, evils, civil strife etc. Christianity was a tool used to colonise Africa . Compare the trends from start say for example 1900 when christaininty was not pronouced and now that its the in thing viz-a-viz the quality of life. The difference is clear.

Churches are business centres , I go to church and my madam is a senior pastor in one of the fastest growing penticostal churches so i kow what i am saying. My actions are guided by the rotaract principles
Mr. Just because 'your madam is a senior pastor in one of the fastest growing Pentecostal churches you know what you are saying'.I pity your sense of reasoning if this is how you make rash conclusion. And,your rotaract club is the surest path,abi?
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by akandi4u(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
hail Granite! great one der.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by eye2sabi(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
Does this mean the complete internal structure of the earth will be changed
Geology is a very interesting and practical course.
Proud geologist.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by oluamid(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nikapetrelli: Gud to knw.Fp tins

Are you a fan of Heroes?
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by jaybee(f): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
mstik: wow...
water makes up about two-thirds of the earth....
this reservoir is three times the size of all water on earth....
interesting.....

not quite true sir!

Water makes up two thirds of the earth's surface
This reservoir of water is three times the volume of all the oceans

Please stop this deliberate and mischievous attempt to distort scientific facts if you have no positive contribution to make.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iamord(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
harffie:
That's because we don't try hard enough!

Hard in being religious
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by mstik(f): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2014

make your corrections without making any silly allegations, okay?
jaybee:

not quite true sir!

Water makes up two thirds of the earth's surface
This reservoir of water is three times the volume of all the oceans

Please stop this deliberate and mischievous attempt to distort scientific facts if you have no positive contribution to make.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iamord(m): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
uzoexcel: lol..will check it out grin grin grin grin

Okay.. No think say I dey craze o

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by spinna: 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sparrow13: In the beginning, when God created the universe, The earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the spirit of God was moving over the water.
Gen. 1:1-2
Then God commanded, "let the water below the sky come together in one place, so that the land will appear" and it was done.
He (GOD) name the land "Earth", and the water which had come together HE named "sea". And God was pleased with what he saw. Gen. 1:9-10
*THEY ONLY DESCOVER WHAT THE BIBLE SAID*

Yes, the philosopher and the scientist struggle to climb the mountain and find the Christian peacefully waiting for them. God is the ultimate source of all wisdom...of all ...period.

Oh LORD! how wonderful, how marvellous are your works...in wisdom have you made them all. The Earth is filled with thy wonders!

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by LordReed(m): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
bushdoc9919: It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.…

Genesis 7 vs 10-12.

Interesting......

Exactly!

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Who no know say mighty ocean dey beneath the earth, you never see borehole water before or where do u think it's coming from science sabi mumu at times
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by naijaguy77: 12:30am On Sep 04, 2014
eleojo23: Science keeps discovering more and more. Methinks there are still many things science doesn't know yet. There is definitely a creator somewhere who masterfully designed the universe.

Firstly, Science never claimed to know everything. In fact, the very essence of the scientific method is the admission that science does not know and needs to find out - research, hypothesise, experiment, confirmation, and repeat vigorously. It ia religion that tells you something and instructs you not to argue and to believe without evidence.

Secondly, if your reason for believing that seemingly complex things must have a creator, does that not lead to the bottomless hole of questions - who created the creator? Who created the creator of the creator? Who created the creator of the creator? And so on. At what point do you stop?

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by hercules07: 12:36am On Sep 04, 2014
People using scientific discovery to promote ancient and false religions, Nigerians are number one mumu, follow follow people.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2014
Scientifically before this discovery, water occupies 71% of the earth surface and land is only 29%, now with this vast volume of water being discovered again, what changes in percentage has been effected on the volume of land and water? I'm sure water is now 97% and land 3%. This shows that the entired world is very simple to destroy if hydrous method is to be used like in the days of Noah. To me, whether scientists like it or not, God created all these things according to His will. One of thier postulated methods on how the earth was formed even mentioned something in affiliation to the wonderful work of The Lord.

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Rexnegro(m): 1:17am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=panachuku]who created this earth [/quote

Ask google idiot...hear ursef again who created this earth ? Who else if not the creator Himself...the almighty God the I am that I am....
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by playboy19(m): 1:57am On Sep 04, 2014
What they discovered is nothing new. We've been reading about this since like before we can even say our name. Ask any 4 year old christian child about this and he'd tell you without thinking twice.

Took the Almighty God just 6 days to create all these. It has taken scientists millions of years just to get past Genesis Chap 1 vs 9 and that's just a verse from the creation story. I'm sure it'll take them another long long time to get past another verse from the creation revelation. Shows you how powerful God really is.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by nijanigga: 3:03am On Sep 04, 2014
what will Nigerians discover other than scams and fraudsters?
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 04, 2014
eleojo23: Science keeps discovering more and more. Methinks there are still many things science doesn't know yet. There is definitely a creator somewhere who masterfully designed the universe.
Nature is the creator not the ghost-like all rather abstract image you imagine in your primitive mind.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iamord(m): 6:49am On Sep 04, 2014
naijaguy77:

Firstly, Science never claimed to know everything. In fact, the very essence of the scientific method is the admission that science does not know and needs to find out - research, hypothesise, experiment, confirmation, and repeat vigorously. It ia religion that tells you something and instructs you not to argue and to believe without evidence.

Secondly, if your reason for believing that seemingly complex things must have a creator, does that not lead to the bottomless hole of questions - who created the creator? Who created the creator of the creator? Who created the creator of the creator? And so on. At what point do you stop?

Help me ask this Brainwashed. People oo..!! They just don't think.. They take a past event written in a book with Little or no evidence in today's world as fact and and dispute fatual present claims..where is the sense?

All this people that are. Talking BS.. Does. Their God even permit then to go to space?? Then they r now forming master Of Science
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iamord(m): 6:54am On Sep 04, 2014
RedBenson: Scientifically before this discovery, water occupies 71% of the earth surface and land is only 29%, now with this vast volume of water being discovered again, what changes in percentage has been effected on the volume of land and water? I'm sure water is now 97% and land 3%. This shows that the entired world is very simple to destroy if hydrous method is to be used like in the days of Noah. To me, whether scientists like it or not, God created all these things according to His will. One of thier postulated methods on how the earth was formed even mentioned something in affiliation to the wonderful work of The Lord.

Wow!! It seems you guys have. A vast well of knowlege of the world.. Now that. The scientist have seen what. U guys already know about.. I will like to know. What is the use of the water there?
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iamord(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2014
playboy19: What they discovered is nothing new. We've been reading about this since like before we can even say our name. Ask any 4 year old christian child about this and he'd tell you without thinking twice.

Took the Almighty God just 6 days to create all these. It has taken scientists millions of years just to get past Genesis Chap 1 vs 9 and that's just a verse from the creation story. I'm sure it'll take them another long long time to get past another verse from the creation revelation. Shows you how powerful God really is.

Smh!

See peanut

See. Your brain!!!

I was a staunch Christian. But this is what Pissed me Off .a lot u guys Don't think nor question whatever is Given to u. There are over a thousand creation Stories from all Over the world. Am sure not only will you not believe your own traditional creation story, you don't even know it!
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Caleycash(m): 7:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Repteam: This water scares d shit out of me. What do they call people that are sacred of big ocean or so?
it should be Oceanophobia cheesy
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Hero10001: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
bushdoc9919: It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.…

Genesis 7 vs 10-12.

Interesting......
It seems the Scientists are learners.
During the flood, it was the waters from the deeps and waters from the heavens that caused the damage and not the rain.
I won't be suprised if they discovers great aquafier in the space too.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Caleycash: it should be Oceanophobia cheesy

lolz....r u sure?
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Infomizer(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2014
All y'all Noah-Deluge guys are failing to put the geologic timeframe into consideration. I'm yet to find proof that any deluge of such magnitude happened within the last 6000 years. Don't get excited yet.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by snthesis(m): 8:08am On Sep 04, 2014
iamord:

Wow!! It seems you guys have. A vast well of knowlege of the world.. Now that. The scientist have seen what. U guys already know about.. I will like to know. What is the use of the water there?

tell me, i'd like to hear
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by IseOluwa777(m): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2014
dtito:
A reservoir of water three times the volume of all the oceans has been discovered deep beneath the Earth’s surface. The finding may explain where Earth’s seas came from, and lend some interesting evidence to the Hollow Earth Theory.

The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth’s surface and its core.  The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth’s water. Many geologists think water arrived in comets as they struck the planet, but the new discovery supports an alternative idea that the oceans gradually oozed out of the interior of the early Earth.

“It’s good evidence the Earth’s water came from within,” says Steven Jacobsen of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The hidden water could also act as a buffer for the oceans on the surface, explaining why they have stayed the same size for millions of years.

Jacobsen’s team used 2000 seismometers to study the seismic waves generated by more than 500 earthquakes. These waves move throughout Earth’s interior, including the core, and can be detected at the surface. “They make the Earth ring like a bell for days afterwards,” says Jacobsen.

By measuring the speed of the waves at different depths, the team could figure out which types of rocks the waves were passing through. The water layer revealed itself because the waves slowed down, as it takes them longer to get through soggy rock than dry rock.

Jacobsen worked out in advance what would happen to the waves if water-containing ringwoodite was present. He grew ringwoodite in his lab, and exposed samples of it to massive pressures and temperatures matching those at 700 kilometres down.

Sure enough, they found signs of wet ringwoodite in the transition zone 700 kilometres down, which divides the upper and lower regions of the mantle. At that depth, the pressures and temperatures are just right to squeeze the water out of the ringwoodite. “It’s rock with water along the boundaries between the grains, almost as if they’re sweating,” says Jacobsen.

Jacobsen’s finding supports a recent study by Graham Pearson of the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada. Pearson studied a diamond from the transition zone that had been carried to the surface in a volcano, and found that it contained water-bearing ringwoodite, the first strong evidence that there was lots of water in the transition zone (Nature, doi.org/s6h).

“Since our initial report of hydrous ringwoodite, we’ve found another ringwoodite crystal, also containing water, so the evidence is now very strong,” says Pearson.

So far, Jacobsen only has evidence that the watery rock sits beneath the US. He now wants to find out if it wraps around the entire planet.

“We should be grateful for this deep reservoir,” says Jacobsen. “If it wasn’t there, it would be on the surface of the Earth, and mountain tops would be the only land poking out.”

Na now dem dey find out? It has been in the Bible all this while..they could have known that for free.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo) / Beautiful But Deadly Poison Dart Frogs (Pictures) / This Adorable Little Bird Is A Real-life Vampire (Videos, Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52