Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (40303 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Igbo Traditional Music and Musical Instruments / Igba Nkwu Nwanyi (igbo Traditional Wedding Ceremony) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by pedro08: 7:31am On Sep 04, 2014
The traditional marriage of d europeans is d white marriage of Nigerians.kudos to dem.they valued our tradition nd culture.Appreciated. BTW,WHO WILL COLLECT D WIFE BRIDE PRICE? Just asking.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by adamskutty(m): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Na them sabi, it doesn't concern me one bit.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Lilimax(f): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014
This is very rare smiley
I wish them happy married life.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Evyivy(f): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2014
That's my village, its beautiful out there
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by fireforfire: 8:01am On Sep 04, 2014
cosmatika: May Amadioha bless their union and may sango visit Nigerians dat go abroad to do theirs. Iseeee

back to sender...
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by bliss2al(m): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
anonymous6: surprised and amazed; some Nigerians need to appreciate their culture

gbam de gods are with you

1 Like

Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by garyaustin(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Congratulations to the couple!!! The hard reality is that the so called traditional wedding is a nullity, void ab initio in the voice of the Judge. The Italians are not subject to our traditional marriage law. The essentials of valid traditional marriage in Nigeria are lacking. What are the essentials of valid traditional marriage in Nigeria? 1 The couples must be Nigerians 2 there must be payment of dowry and in Igboland some one must be there to accept the bride price ( father or guardian) 3 The woman must be handed over to the man. 4 parental consent must be obtained etc
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by mummyson26(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2014
Ejike be like

Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by ChinonsoDike2: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Foolish.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by chukjojo(m): 9:19am On Sep 04, 2014
ogbuchukwuemeka: I have always said it, that white wedding is a borrowed culture which I have hated but most of our generation prefer fake life
go and tell your catholic parish priest that one.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by pek(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2014
I am not one of those that say pictures or I don't believe it

1 Like

Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by assana: 9:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Abegi d story too long,not interested,all d same HML to d italian couples grin
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Misogynist2014(m): 9:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Arysexy: Igbo culture Amaka, chukwu bless ndigbo
Would Italians give a mess if Igbos marry in Italian tradition?That is how we know who is superior to one another. grin
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Dem try
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by drealnamdy(m): 9:48am On Sep 04, 2014
#sarcasticmode activated....what's d big deal about two italians havin der weddin here in Nigeria..do u knw hw many Nigerians who wed in varios lactions in italy? And who says we dnt appreciate and value our culture..they came to imo state saw hat they lik and decided to fit in regardless of der race. Likewise Nigerians who travel to italy, saw what they lik and decided to settle der...its also a part of unity in diversity..dnt u pple shldnt mak a big deal out of dis ..

Last bullet.......I hope the mosquitos and sunfly welcomes dem too.. cheesy
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2014
anonymous6: surprised and amazed; some Nigerians need to appreciate their culture
No- Going by what the Italian couple did Nigerians should appreciate other cultures of the world. An igbo man who was born and raised in Yoruba land should be open to the idea of embracing the Yoruba man's culture and traditions. That article preaches integration more than preservation, which is just as important.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Lathunjimi(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2014
I must say there is nothing special about the Italians as they have been living here for the past 12 years. Come to think of it, why won't they do it here considering:
1. It costs less to organize.
2. It saves cost for flight.
3. It's also a way of buying the heart of th community in order to further accommodate them the more even if some had devious intentions, they ll see them as part of d community.
4. The local meal costs less compared to d Italian dish.
Among other reasons is the fact that it would give them opportunity to further explore all the resources of the land without any suspicion on even the wisest person's mind.

So don't be too hasty to shower insults on those that travel out of the country for there wedding, birthday etc. Though I see it as a sheer waste of resources. But I tell u it goes beyond the love for our culture or norms for them to have got married here in Nigeria, remember they don't think the same way black people (Africans: especially Nigerians) think. They see & plan for the future while most of us only dwells in the presence or still bask in the euphoria of past achievement.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by daveP(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Good news.

I hope they arent spies! The easiest way to walk into an african man's heart is thru his culture. He'l get comfortable with you, dropping all his defences. (thats a food for thought) we're all predictable to that extent.

But good one for them.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Rich4god(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2014
deebee13: That's lovely. But note one thing @op, not every Nigerian goes abroad to marry cos of class or too much money. Same way this ones did it here cos de love our culture could be d same reason I'm going to Paris, Mexico, Miami or Dubai to have mine!
After reading you post, I just scrolled up to see you gender. Well, my guess didnt fail me... Na only girl fit talk like this...@yourlastsentence...
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by offiahPman: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Thats a good omen.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2014
Hey guys, stop condemning our pips dat do their wedding outside nigeria, its part of tourism. Besides, everybody wants to give their special half the best of fairytales. Its thesame thing this italian couple did so it shldnt look like we are not patriotic or insensitive and disregard of our rich culture. Being a nigerian is enuff a culture. Tourism is education and so it is everywhere. The italians are now educated about our culture and especially the ibo culture. If you can afford it you can achieve it.
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2014
cosmatika: May Amadioha bless their union and may sango visit Nigerians dat go abroad to do theirs. Iseeee
You see how myopic you are in your primitiveness!
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2014
Crap. Italian couple did their wedding in Imo State! otan. what is all this Crap? afterall,they are wearing ankara. is that only found in Igbo culture?
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by mrgreen4real(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2014
All na wash!!! The picture does not justify this topic
Re: Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites by odusbanty1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
01mcfadden: 2face,you are my boss yet,with this,i say shame on you.
God bless the couple!
@The couple, after the weding,pls eat yeast and polish because i personaly want to see you rise and shine.
#Up here with sharp fellas,I've not been here since the beginning of this year. Bartender,serve everybody with two plate of pepper soup and a chilled 33. wink
What about 2face? Explain better........ Plsss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / Common Yoruba Traditional Wedding Engagement List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.