Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States (2270 Views)

Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? / A Jw Member Told Me This: Shocking!! / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Yooguyz: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
The Jehovah’s Witnesses official web site logo incorporating JW.ORG has been refused registration by the United States Patent and Trademark Office due to similarity to JW PLAYER.

SECTION 2(d) REFUSAL – LIKELIHOOD OF CONFUSION—CLASS 42
For the reasons set forth below, the refusal under Trademark Act Section 2(d) is now made FINAL with respect to U.S. Registration No(s). 4087283. See 15 U.S.C. §1052(d); 37 C.F.R. §2.64(a). This refusal is limited to the Class 42 services in the application.
Applicant’s mark is JW.ORG & Design, for use with, inter alia, Providing a web site that gives computer users the ability to download audio and video recordings, DVDs, music, digital print publications, online publications, documents, forms and web pages all in the field of religion, in Class 42. The cited mark is JW PLAYER, for use with Downloadable computer software for playing, viewing and streaming audio and video files in Class 09.

RELATED DOCUMENTS

Final Outcome – US TRADEMARK APPLICATION NO. 85896124 – JW.ORG – 06420-T0001A – March 12 2014

Original Application by Watch Tower for JW.ORG logo – April 05 2013

Amendment and Mail Process Complete – February 05 2014

Response to Office Action – February 04 2014

Watch Tower removes in-house Attorney and replaces with Commercial Attorney – January 29 2014

JW.ORG generated XSearch Search Summary – July 20 2013

Email from US Patent and Trademark Office to Watch Tower – April 12 2013

follow link via

http://jwleaks.org/2014/06/19/jw-org-logo-denied-trademark-status-in-the-united-states/

Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by theplanmaker: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
pls help us advertise the website. it seems u r on a personal vandetta against witnesses. YOU CAN'T FIGHT JEHOVAH

1 Like

Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Paradise163(f): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
@op if you want to get news about jw go to http://www.jw.org stop following those fake sites
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Yooguyz: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Paradise163: @op if you want to get news about jw go to http://www.jw.org stop following those fake sites

Pleease kindly point out the "fakeness" in any of the sources I've provided.

Or are you saying its fake because it criticizes your religion?
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Yooguyz: 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
theplanmaker: pls help us advertise the website. it seems u r on a personal vandetta against witnesses. YOU CAN'T FIGHT JEHOVAH

Yes I can't fight jehovah, but I can expose his imposters.
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Paradise163(f): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yooguyz:

Yes I can't fight jehovah, but I can expose his imposters.

what imposters are you talking about?

Go get a life Mr
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Paradise163(f): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
With or without govt

Jw website stays

No one can stop us

Except when Jehovah say the work is done
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Yooguyz: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Paradise163:

what imposters are you talking about?

Go get a life Mr

The governing bunch of hypocrites and decietful liars at brooklyn
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Paradise163(f): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
You actually want me to quote you but I won't
you can believe whatever you want
I don't care
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Yooguyz: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Paradise163: You actually want me to quote you but I won't
you can believe whatever you want
I don't care

Then what are you doing in my thread? Kindly unfollow it, and keep believing whatever it is you want to believe.
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by milkymesh: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
@op. I,ve been following your post. You seem bitter at the Witnesses. Something tell me you are a former member who was excommunicated. While I won't stop you, I must tell you, you are losing "credibility". Please movr on. Religious people are usually exhibit this bitternesd. Is god such a bitter person. xtian, muslim, etc exhibit this trait to a varying degree. Please leave them alone @op.
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by milkymesh: 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
@op. I,ve been following your post. You seem bitter at the Witnesses. Something tell me you are a former member who was excommunicated. While I won't stop you, I must tell you, you are losing "credibility". Please movr on. Religious people are usually exhibit this bitternesd. Is god such a bitter person. xtian, muslim, etc exhibit this trait to a varying degree. Please leave them alone @op.

**let me look up the site sef***
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Paradise163(f): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
Yooguyz:

Then what are you doing in my thread? Kindly unfollow it, and keep believing whatever it is you want to believe.

Good

don't quote me again
Re: JW.ORG Logo Denied Trademark Status In The United States by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Get more information about Jehovah's witness from here http://www.edumacro.com/www-org-videos-jehovah-witness-downloads-login/ and www. jw. org

(1) (Reply)

Islam Versus Freemasons By Baba Ali Mustapha / see what d bible says about Calling Of Pastors "Daddy" A Must Read / End Time Is Here Take A Look(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.