Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister (25413 Views)

ASUU Take U-turn Over Public Outcry, Schools May Resume On Monday, As Lecturers / Schools May Resume On Monday After Emergency NEC Meeting This Weekend / ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by solaugo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2014

The Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, said on Wednesday that students in private and public schools in the country may resume from holiday by the middle of this month.

Prof. Chukwu disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.

At the briefing were the Ministers of Information, Labaran Maku, Transport, Umar Idris, National Planning, Abubakar Suleiman and Power (State), Mohammed Wakil.

The Federal Government through the Minister of Education, Ibrahim Shekarau, had last month announced October 13 as resumption date for all schools.

Chukwu said the expert opinion on Ebola, with the strong containment efforts by the government, is that the students can resume earlier than October 13.

The new resumption date, he said, will be announced by the Minister of Education after meeting with states Commissioners for Education and other stakeholders, who were involved in fixing the October 13 date.

The minister, who gives weekly report to the Council on the Ebola disease brought to Nigeria by the late Liberian- American, Patrick Sawyer in July, said that there are presently 296 contacts under surveillance in the country.

The 296 under surveillance, he said, include 255 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and 41 in Lagos State.

After three weeks of surveillance in Lagos, he said 320 persons have been removed from surveillance list in the state.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/ebola-schools-may-resume-mid-september-health-minister/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Unekz(m): 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
lmao ;Dlmao...its nt easy sha ! They've tired so soon#Nigeria#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by HonourablePomk: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Okay
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Bunch of confused liars
By the way, how much to sell plot of land here?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by PaulJohn1: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2014
They better be sure they've handled Ebola well before any school resumption. A mistake won't be accepted because this involves kids.

22 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by bunmioguns(m): 4:18am On Sep 04, 2014
good news
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by elobyobi: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2014
tongue All those teaching corpers that have travelled, leaving us the medical and legal corpers....NTOOOOO!!! tongue

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by sammondonpoint(m): 4:19am On Sep 04, 2014
Love to hear that
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 04, 2014
elobyobi: L
Na wa o. L for learner

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Hardeyorlah(f): 4:21am On Sep 04, 2014
I still prefer Oct 13 as resumption date.

21 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:23am On Sep 04, 2014
School better resume oo. No time. If Ebola shld make u close schools, churches shld be closed too

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Martiyu(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2014
bunch of confused folks

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by omicron(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Why must this government easily go back and forth on their words like kids?? It's as if they never truly think through things before making pronouncements.

How will someone ever take them serious?

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Temihatz(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2014
#9ja with Unstable information since Oct 1st, 1960 undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by slap1(m): 4:25am On Sep 04, 2014
There should also be protective measures in schools to arrest any possible spread of the disease.
That said, I believe the government should deliberate efficiently on any decision before announcing it to the public. Going back on its decisions is a sign of weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Kunle106(m): 4:28am On Sep 04, 2014
I guess the reaction of those private school owners prompted this new development. Let those kids go back to school, but protective measures must be put in place to avoid further spread of the virus.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by slap1(m): 4:29am On Sep 04, 2014
Kunle106: W
W is for were.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by LMAyedun(m): 4:31am On Sep 04, 2014
The Octo.13 resumption date should be adherent to...

Politics shouldn't be involved in this Ebola fight.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by jahlove4jah: 4:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Please those concerned should not play politics as they did with sure-p

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Lekcy001(m): 4:48am On Sep 04, 2014
what all these politician dat hold pubic office dey do dey tired person ,and most of them dey claim dey b expert for d job............I DONT KNW Y DEY CAN NT WAIT TILL MIDDLE OF OCTOBER FOR THE RESUMPTION IN ORDER TO SAVE OUR CHILDREN FROM DIS DEADLY DISEASE....................

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by inice(m): 4:55am On Sep 04, 2014
pls u guys should allow me to be first to komment even for once.
Thanks
so when are they resuming?
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Amanwulu1(m): 5:10am On Sep 04, 2014
my young prince is due to start schl. So I'm waiting for schl to start.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by maingwaest(f): 5:12am On Sep 04, 2014
Whatever they say.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by moshoodn(m): 5:24am On Sep 04, 2014
The FG should have said "UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" in the first place instead of just saying Oct 13th.

This would have saved them lots of trouble.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by olasmith10(m): 5:27am On Sep 04, 2014
its a good development so far preventive measures will be put in place when they resume.. at least this my troublesome brother can now go to school earlier than supposed..
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by slimpoppa(m): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2014
They better wait till there is enough assurance that the spread of the virus is fully under control and not take silly chances.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by persius555(m): 5:33am On Sep 04, 2014
This act of not taking concrete and definite stand is my fear for this GEJ government.Just too many mistake at every turn.Ebola is not slowing down in most affected countries.What a serious government should be doing is to inform us of necessary actions and precautions being put in place, like getting thos electronic thermometers, holding regular PTA meetings in order to fully create awareness. If this issue gets out of hand, i recommend that all ministers and government officials that are responsible for any slip up should be shown the way out on the ground of incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by 0955eb027(m): 5:34am On Sep 04, 2014
Which kain tin be dis 1 nah? Abeg make una no try reverse d decision una don make earlier o... Na to collect ma nonsense NYSC cert I dey wait for o come oct 16... Anambra don tire me o

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by gozie186(m): 5:35am On Sep 04, 2014
That has bn Nigeria problem policy somersault going front n back in their policy formation and implementatn over the yrs

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by 0955eb027(m): 5:37am On Sep 04, 2014
elobyobi: tongue All those teaching corpers that have travelled, leaving us the medical and legal corpers....NTOOOOO!!! tongue
Una money pass our own nah... Una work suppose pass our work be dat..

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by sammieguze(m): 5:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Still under probability
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by rezzy: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Amanwulu1: .

Is this for sale?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After 5 Years Of Trying, I've Been Admitted Finally / RCCG Solid Rock Donates Modern School Building To Lagos Government (Photos) / JAMB Applicants In Maiduguri Struggling To Buy JAMB Forms In The Night (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.