Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Changed - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Changed (25549 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / It Changed Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
edogho:
Jigsaw, me think say i know how d tori dey go before o. dis lane u enter so as e be e get o. nice twist buh come continue. i'm am gbadun-ing ur style grin

Thanks sir

Iolite:
Why why why! I thought they are not suppose to hurt Angela.

Change of plans maam

princesssusan:
Hmmmmmm i ope 4 anoda twist revealn dt d dagger fell down on her because he is too weak, i can‘t bear d loss

Lol
Stay tuned ma'am

Dave P I sight you Boss

SAW
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=16pt]BUSTED!!!!!!!!![/size]

AUNTIE TANTIDORA

welcome aboard

SAW
Re: Changed by seunviju(f): 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wetin I do o
daveP:
Lol oga wan rest and visitor spoil show grin

jig weldone!

@seunviju lipsrsealed
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
daveP:
Lol oga wan rest and visitor spoil show grin

jig weldone!

@seunviju lipsrsealed

Thanks Boss

Upping

SAW

1 Like

Re: Changed by Tantidora(f): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
JigsawKillah:
[size=16pt]BUSTED!!!!!!!!![/size]

AUNTIE TANTIDORA

welcome aboard

SAW

thnks
Re: Changed by Fatalveli(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairalanders, it is here again. A thread where u
will be able to show appreciation to ur best
authors by just voting for them... Follow dis
link: https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/
literature-
section-awards-nomination-thread
Show them dat u are the best followers and
fans they can ever think of by just clicking the
thread above and cast ur vote! Thanks 4 ur time
Note: If u don't have a boo, we are also giving
boo for gifts there for both males and females
*lols*
Re: Changed by Skimpledawg(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2014
My broda from anoda moma!! Cnt bliv tis ya Story am readin n enjoyin like dz!!

Kai, psn wey dey bhav like olodo for SammyHoe's thread!
Well,......

#never underestimate any1#!!
Ya story tight bro! I enjoyed every drop of it...*opens alomo n sips waitin for mor updates* s
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2014
JIGSAWKILLAH, i no dey like this kind thing o. hope u dey ok sha? i dey vex o angry angry
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2014
edogho:
JIGSAWKILLAH, i no dey like this kind thing o. hope u dey ok sha? i dey vex o angry angry

bros
your boy dey try him best biko
I go update today I promise
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2014
Skimpledawg:
My broda from anoda moma!! Cnt bliv tis ya Story am readin n enjoyin like dz!! o

Kai, psn wey dey bhav like olodo for SammyHoe's thread!
Well,......

#never underestimate any1#!!
Ya story tight bro! I enjoyed every drop of it...*opens alomo n sips waitin for mor updates* s

na me b olodo Abi? lol
no qualms LA
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:05am On Oct 30, 2014
Angela woke up screaming. She looked around her and for a moment she thought she was still dreaming. She was breathing heavily and sweat poured out of her sweat pores in torrents. She sat still for nearly three minutes pondering over the dream. She still can't figure out why they want her dead or who wants her dead. She turned and saw the doctor that had now become her hostage, trying to look at her direction. She stood up to check on him.

She'd fallen asleep on the floor after tending to the wounds she inflicted on the doctor. She wanted him alive, not bleeding out. After the exercise, she was worn out and wanted to take a little rest, by lying on the floor, she had slept off.

"A scary dream huh?" The Doc asked

"Yea. So tell me what you know"

"I'm a victim too"

Angela touched the hankie which she had used bandage the Doc's leg, it had turned red but wasn't as soak as she would've thought. It means the bleeding has stopped.

"How long have i been sleeping?"

"3 hours, lowest"

One by one, Angela checked on each bandaged part, and nodded.

"They're healing real fast" doc said

She only nodded in affirmation and began to withdraw.

"Where did you learn nursing from?" He asked as she sat on the floor, with her back resting on the wall.

"Never learnt it, the sight of blood do freaks me out"

"You did too good for a first timer, it's my profession"

"Movies"

"Hmm....hmm" he grunted

"What's your story? I mean how did you get here?"

"Same way as you"

"You were kidnapped?"

"Yes"

"Did you manage to see the guy's face?"

"No, I found myself here. I spent three days in my cell, my wrist watch keeping me company. They gave me food and water all through. Then they told me if I want to leave here alive, then I must earn my freedom"

"Earn your freedom?"

"Yes, by treating you"

"The pliers and the knife, who kept them there?"

"I met them there. I requested it removed but to no avail"

"The key, what is it for?"

"That madam, I'm oblivious of"

Angela stood up, she walked towards the door, she tried to pull the door knob, it didn't come off.

Schemer sat in the control room, watching Angela. He was done watching the tape in which Angela had tied the doctor. He was surprised. She's responding to treatment faster than expected. There were hidden mics in the room so he was able to hear what they were saying, except they would whisper.

The control room, was made of 12 different flat screened desktops all connected to one mother computer, standing ahead of the rest. Each of the desktop was showing a different part of the house. The room, contains only 2 chairs, and a large table, on which the mother computer stood, the others hanging on the wall.

He missed his weed and was sucking it in every second. He thought about the day's events and laughed. Tega, the self acclaimed lawyer, walked in, a cup of coffee in hand.

"I'm Einstein" Schemer said.

"I won't comment on that" Tega said

They both kept quiet for some seconds, then Schemer's picked up his phone. He dialed a number and activated the loud speaker, and dropped it on the table.

"Good morning my friend" Schemer said as soon as he'd heard a sound at the other end.

"James right? I've been expecting your call"

"I know. Stop trying to track it, it'll lead you to another state

Hahahahaha
Mr Edogho, you should be thanking me for releasing your family"

Edogho kept quiet. Schemer continued

"I wonder who made you Inspector, you know nothing."

"Are you done?" Edogho asked

"No, I want to see you and John and Mr Samuel by 10am tomorrow. Gather your pathetic selves, I'll contact y'all" Schemer said and ended the call.

He, Schemer, and Tega laughed heartily for almost half a minute before simultaneously keeping quiet. He attacked his keyboard and beckoned to Tega to keep quiet. He'd activated the speaker to Angela's room.

Double E was with his wife when Schemer called. He tried to pet her and tried to convince her that everything was ok. After receiving Schemer's call, his countenance changed. He told his wife to leave town once it's 8pm, saying he Will send a friend, to take her to a certain junction then, she should go to her mom's after that. He insisted she tell no one soul, about her sudden journey, citing the importance of the secrecy.

He hung around his house for an hour before putting a call through to his assistant, asking for a meeting with his boys. He slipped out
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2014
"Hello Angela" Schemer said

Angela got up abruptly from her position, looking left and right, trying to detect where the voice came from.

"Stop trying to look for me" Schemer said

"Who are you?" Angela asked

"Schemer"

"What? Is that a name?"

That sent Schemer laughing, to the dismay of his listeners.

"It is."

"Why don't you show yourself?"

"When the time comes"

"What do you want?"

"Your father in law and husband on their knees"

"Just that?" Asked a bewildered Angela

"So you kidnapped her just to make 2 men kneel down?" The Doctor interfered.

"Mr Doctor, are you falling in love already? She's married, and your job there was to treat her, not the other way around. You've failed your test and my men are coming to take you out"

The doctor kept quiet, he knew what Schemer meant. He's been part of the team, he only lied because he knew Schemer was listening and would act accordingly.

"I promise Mr Samuel and John will thank you for letting me go, they'll compensate you handsomely."

"John? He's been jumping from one girl to another prior to your kidnap, and even now, he's still doing same. So who's gonna reward me now?"

"So what exactly do you want? John doesn't care, why would his dad?"

"If none of them comes, we're going to torture you till you wish to die, but we won't kill you."

"Please........"

Angela couldn't find her voice no more. Then she heard a beep and knew the microphones have been deactivated. She needs to escape. Then it struck her mind, Schemer might not want the doc dead, he's therefore, her ticket to freedom, or so she thought.

She sprang into action almost immediately. She picked up the knife, and walked up to the doctor.

"What is she going to do?" Tega asked a rather clueless Schemer.

"Watch" Schemer replied.

Both of them watched on, with rapt attention.

Angela safely placed the knife glued to her waistline and was going to lose the doc when she stopped in her tracks.

Is it ok now? She thought within herself. Is it not best if I keep him till they come?

She withdrew from the doc's side and walked away. She knew Schemer is watching, and she doesn't want to give away her plans, just yet.

"She's going to use him to escape" Schemer said.

"This scene, is going to be bloody James, mark my words" Tega said

"I know, I'm just hoping death snatches none of them"

Tega only nodded as a reply.

Soon, a team of 5 hefty men stood in front of the door, to the room where Angela was held, awaiting orders. Schemer could see them from the control room. He looked at Angela one more time.

Angela paced up and down the room, she perspired. She kept her gaze locked on the door, watching out for any sign of movement of the knob. She tightened her hold on the knife and waited.

The door swung open, catching a surprised Angela off guard, she tried to reach the bed but it was too late, one of the men was there already. The other four advanced slowly towards her, why she kept moving backwards.

The doctor was loosed and he gave a scornful look at Angela. He was helped outside, because he was limping. But before he left, he said the words.

"I pray the boss calls on me to be your tormentor, that I'll gladly do."

The words left his mouth and fell on Angela's face. It dawned on her that the doctor was using her head.

While the men advanced, she moved back, until her back touched the cold wall, then she knew for her body to stay warm, she must fight the cold war in front of her.

They were now a total of 5 people in the room, and the four men stood meters away from her. Her hands started shaking and her bosoms moved up and down, to signify her heavy heartbeat. The time is now!
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
JIGGY, chai, chai, abeg naw.. don't stop updating. you are a very good writer. i like that schemer guy tho.
Re: Changed by Skimpledawg(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
JigsawKillah:

na me b olodo Abi? lol
no qualms LA
Bros! Kip updatin abeg! .....#btw, ai still dey wait make yu come flex me
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Skimpledawg:

Bros! Kip updatin abeg! .....#btw, ai still dey wait make yu come flex me

I hear say una area dey hot
E done stop?

edogho:
JIGGY, chai, chai, abeg naw.. don't stop updating. you are a very good writer. i like that schemer guy tho.

Tnx boss
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Typing
Re: Changed by Skimpledawg(m): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
JigsawKillah:

I hear say una area dey hot
E done stop?

Tnx boss
No mind doz Touts ya State govnor no gree give work! Its kinda bad sha Youths shooting demselves! #btw, welcom bk
Re: Changed by cutedimple(f): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2014
JigsawKillah:
Once inside the room, John locked the door and Brought out a tape from his pocket.

"What are you going to do with that?"

He ignored her and proceeded to tape her mouth while she tried fighting back. He slapped, punched and kicked at her, when he wasn't getting no more resistance, he tied her hands and raped her. Angela was weak and bleeding, her eyes closed. John wouldn't stop till he's had his fill, he got up, took out the bedsheets, dropped her on the floor and walked away.

3 Hours Later.........

Angela woke up in a hospital, with drips all over, her head by hurts and she could feel the bandages all over her face. She looked at the nurse in attendance, who gave her the ok nod that all is well.

"Who brought me here?" She asked

"A kind neighbor, he just paid your bills and left" the nurse replied.

"He? Did you say he? How does he look like?" She looked at the nurse inquisitively

"Well, only the doctor knows" the nurse replied. When Angela wont take her eyes off her, she continued
"He never got out of his car, a jeep by the way. Seems like he called the doc on phone. You need rest now MA, when you wake up, I'll call on the doc to attend to you"

With that said, she left a confused Angela pondering on who her helper could be. The compound was fenced round and she was sure John wouldn't leave the gate unlocked and John doesn't own a jeep too. An hour later, the doctor arrived.

She was a fair woman in her late 40s or so. "Hey dear, you are awake!" She said smiling.

"Who brought me here?" Was all Angela could think of and she wasted no time asking.

"An anonymous caller dropped you" was the reply. The doctor continued "i would have informed the police about your situation but one of my senior nurses advised me against it. According to him, you might not like it. So now that you are awake, do you want to tell me what went wrong? Should i call in the police?"

"No no no, don't" she replied hurriedly.

"If you insist, then its ok. By morning you should be ready leave."

"Please what time is it?"

"7pm"

"Ok"

"My nurses would be taking turns to check on you"

"Thanks"

Angela tried to think. Who is this anonymous caller? How did he know i was in distress? Was it my pastor? But he didn't have a jeep. Or my father in-law? He owns a jeep but why would he call anonymously? One thing was certain, whoever it was didn't want to be known and she was bent on finding out. Their neighbors are too busy to even be known and they rarely do have visitors. John has chased away All her friends and his with his attitude. So who could this good Samaritan be?

9AM the next day.......

"what happened to you?" Mr Samuel asked a patched up Angela who had came to visit him. He need not ask, he already knew his son's handwork. He jus wondered why she won't divorce him.

"He's at it again" she said and started crying.

Mr Samuel called the cook and told him to prepare something soothing for her as she proceeded to tell him about yesterday's happenings. He looked bewildered.

"Hope you are feeling better now" he asked

"Yes, all thanks to God for sending in a Samaritan"

"That reminds me, you said no one could give a vivid explanation of him, i mean the Samaritan, right? Any idea of anyone who might have visited you?"

"No it couldn't have been John or the pastor either, cos none of them have got a jeep"

"Didn't they take the plate number?"

"I think they were too busy trying to save my life"

"Hmmmmm, John must be punished"

"No, punishment is the Lord's to give, we all do err sometimes"

"Why don't you divorce him? You are going to end up dead"

"God is in control Dad" she said and walked into the kitchen.

Mr Samuel was perplexed. Her faith has indeed kept her going but now she's lost. All she needs do is say the words and he'll get his son punished. His son must be punished
Re: Changed by cutedimple(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2014
smileyNice write up... More update pls
Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
cutedimple:
smileyNice write up... More update pls
is that why you made that boring quote?
Re: Changed by cutedimple(f): 12:07am On Nov 07, 2014
Nostradamus:
is that why you made that boring quote?

Who r u 2 judge my quote...Who r u by d way?
Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2014
cutedimple:

lady,please answer my question,don't reply me with another question"is that why you made that boring quote"?
Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
cutedimple:

lady answer my question pls,don't reply me with another question"WAS THAT WHY U MADE THAT BORING QUOTE"?
Re: Changed by Skimpledawg(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nostradamus:
lady answer my question pls,don't reply me with another question"WAS THAT WHY U MADE THAT BORING QUOTE"?
Lwkmdh!! Guys formin sturbborness since time immemorial grin!

@Saw, cm Update na! C wetin ya absence dey cause
Re: Changed by cutedimple(f): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nostradamus:

Mtchewwwww
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
The night was cold and the streets were quiet as a result of the rain which first came in heavy droplets, but is currently dropping in light and tiny droplets, indirectly saying "I'm not done yet". Edogho trekked through the streets on foot. He'd left his phone at home and scaled the fence at the back of his house. He knew James must've planted spies and bugged his phones and probably his wife's too.

He wore a white combat three-quarter sized jean, a white tank top and white slippers. His gun was well positioned and tied to his waist. He whistled as he walked, and in places where the inhabitants have no 'I better pass my neighbor' and probably no home theaters to disturb with, his whistling tends to be the only sign of a living thing there.

A typical Nigerian street, he thought. No NEPA. He got to a junction, after about a quarter of an hour of trekking. There he boarded a tricycle. His mind was troubled and the look on his face depicts that.

After 30minutes inside the tricycle, during which he was either complaining about the driver being too slow or yelling at another vehicle's driver for taking too much time to get off the road, he got to the gate to a very big estate and alighted off the tricycle.

"Oga my money abeg" the cyclist called as Edogho walked away from him.

"Oghene mē na! Bros no vex" Edogho pleaded with the cyclist who wasn't listening but glued his eyes to the money he saw. "Man head too carry many things" he concluded and handed some notes to the man.

"Thank you bros" the cyclist said, whilst searching for change in a small bag hanging from his neck.

"Keep the change" Edogho said and started walking away.

"Oga patapata! God go bless you!" The man replied.

When Edogho had gone out of sight, he murmured to himself.

"See he face like man head too carry many things, na only you carry many things for head na. Idiot. See as he dey tell me like say I Ask am" he said and drove away.

Edogho took a bend and with half a second, he was face to face with a very large gate. He knocked lightly and the smaller side swung open and he walked in.

"Good morning sir" Balogun greeted

"Is it morning already?" Edogho asked laughing

"It doesn't have to be. You need to laugh a little bit, no matter the situation"

"Are you a doctor now?"

"Do I have to be? I've seen it all you know"

"Hey hey don't just bring history here"

"Ok Sir. Let's get to work"

"You sure say your oga no go wake up so?"

"No mind the guy joor"

They walked into the small room meant for the gate man.

Balogun is a young man in his early 30s but has the look of a teen. He was small and lanky, about 4'1. He wasn't a cop and had never been but when issues get out of hand, he is the one Edogho had always ran to and not for once had he rejected him even in life threatening situations.

They first met during their first year in the secondary school, whilst Balogun was quiet, Edogho was the troublesome type. Both were clever when it comes to academics but streetwise, Balogun was more clever. In their second term in school, Edogho got into trouble with some of the bigger SSS2 boys.

Edogho as usual, was on one of his trouble making escapades when he mistakenly stepped on a boys foot. The boy wasted no time, he sent a slap across Edogho's face just as he had turned to say sorry. A fight ensued. Even though younger, Edogho's physique was more balanced than the boy's and Edogho made use of the advantage.

Balogun was in the nearby canteen eating when the he heard the uproar as Edogho raised his opponent and smashed him on the ground. He too quickly followed the noise and came just in time to see Edogho stocking his opponent's mouth with sand. He withdrew from the crowd, and quietly went back to the food he was eating.

That guy's own is finished, he said to himself. He whistled at a girl who was just returning from the wrestling centre.

"Edirin abeg help me do one thing" he said

"Which thing?" She asked

"Give person letter for me"

"Eh eh oo. You've started writing love letters abi?"

"Love letter ko application letter ni. Na boy you wan give na"

"Soffa you go gimme money o"

"You be thief o, you too like money. Promise me say you no go open am"

"I promise" she said innocently.

"That boy wey dey fight so, Edogho, na him you go give"

"That boy wey like trouble? Na 50 card be my money"

"No shaking" Balogun said and brought out 50 naira from his wallet and gave to the girl who happily collected it and sped off.

She cornered Edogho and whispered in his ears, pushed the note into his pocket and sped off same way she had came. Balogun watched the whole drama from afar and chuckled.

Edogho got to a corner, dipped his hand into his shorts right pocket and brought out the note, written on it is : immediately after the closing bell, head home, your life's in danger but go to your class now. Balogun.

His heart skipped a bit. He thought of leaving school almost immediately but he decided to adhere to the instructions given. He sneaked off to his class just as half a dozen SSS 2 boys stormed the arena. Edogho fidgeted in his chair, constantly looking around him. A pat on the shoulder from Balogun almost made his skeleton disappear leaving his body. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw that it was Balogun.

"Do as the note says, and no harm will come to you" Balogun assured him.

"How did you know?" Asked Edogho, who though under the fan, was still sweating.

"I saw them. What do you expect to get after beating up a senior? Punishment awaits you should it go to the principal ears which I'm sure won't, because the big boys wants to handle it themselves"

"Ok. Thank you so much. What do I do now?"

"Just do as you're told"

"Ok. Thanks"

As soon as the bell for closing rang, Edogho picked his bag and dashed out with the speed of light, Balogun followed silently. Edogho ran into a group of sss 2 boys, in the midst of them stood the same boy he had beaten. Balogun stepped in between them and said.

"I'm not a supporter of rubbish but I can't let you beat him up like that."

"What is this rat saying?" A senior asked

"Why not flog him mercilessly than punch him?"

Edogho's eyes bulged out of its sockets and there and then he thought of how to kill Balogun later on.

Two of the seniors conversed in whispers among themselves and the senior said to Balogun.

"You're right, go and look for cane"

"Cane? Or canes? These parts are bushy and I think bush canes are better and more painful. Why don't we leave some guys with him and then spread out so we can gather enough canes?"

"You're very clever. What's your name? "

"Michel" Balogun said

Edogho eyed him and he winked back.

As soon as they all left, Balogun dodged and contacted some mean-looking hefty guys to go rescue Edogho and issue warnings at the group which they did successfully and they got paid for it. That solved the issue and both of them became friends.

Since then, Edogho had gone to meet him for solutions to situations that he couldn't solve and so far, he has not been disappointed. He isn't a gateman, he's an undercover agent.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
cutedimple And Nostradamus
you guys can actually become best friends then husband and wife
common.....Nostradamus be a gentleman na

Skimpledawg I see you boss
Re: Changed by Limerick: 6:21am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Changed by Limerick: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2014
JigsawKillah:
The night was cold and the streets were quiet as a result of the rain which first came in heavy droplets, but is currently dropping in light and tiny droplets, indirectly saying "I'm not done yet". Edogho trekked through the streets on foot. He'd left his phone at home and scaled the fence at the back of his house. He knew James must've planted spies and bugged his phones and probably his wife's too.

He wore a white combat three-quarter sized jean, a white tank top and white slippers. His gun was well positioned and tied to his waist. He whistled as he walked, and in places where the inhabitants have no 'I better pass my neighbor' and probably no home theaters to disturb with, his whistling tends to be the only sign of a living thing there.

A typical Nigerian street, he thought. No NEPA. He got to a junction, after about a quarter of an hour of trekking. There he boarded a tricycle. His mind was troubled and the look on his face depicts that.

After 30minutes inside the tricycle, during which he was either complaining about the driver being too slow or yelling at another vehicle's driver for taking too much time to get off the road, he got to the gate to a very big estate and alighted off the tricycle.

"Oga my money abeg" the cyclist called as Edogho walked away from him.

"Oghene mē na! Bros no vex" Edogho pleaded with the cyclist who wasn't listening but glued his eyes to the money he saw. "Man head too carry many things" he concluded and handed some notes to the man.

"Thank you bros" the cyclist said, whilst searching for change in a small bag hanging from his neck.

"Keep the change" Edogho said and started walking away.

"Oga patapata! God go bless you!" The man replied.

When Edogho had gone out of sight, he murmured to himself.

"See he face like man head too carry many things, na only you carry many things for head na. Idiot. See as he dey tell me like say I Ask am" he said and drove away.

Edogho took a bend and with half a second, he was face to face with a very large gate. He knocked lightly and the smaller side swung open and he walked in.

"Good morning sir" Balogun greeted

"Is it morning already?" Edogho asked laughing

"It doesn't have to be. You need to laugh a little bit, no matter the situation"

"Are you a doctor now?"

"Do I have to be? I've seen it all you know"

"Hey hey don't just bring history here"

"Ok Sir. Let's get to work"

"You sure say your oga no go wake up so?"

"No mind the guy joor"

They walked into the small room meant for the gate man.

Balogun is a young man in his early 30s but has the look of a teen. He was small and lanky, about 4'1. He wasn't a cop and had never been but when issues get out of hand, he is the one Edogho had always ran to and not for once had he rejected him even in life threatening situations.

They first met during their first year in the secondary school, whilst Balogun was quiet, Edogho was the troublesome type. Both were clever when it comes to academics but streetwise, Balogun was more clever. In their second term in school, Edogho got into trouble with some of the bigger SSS2 boys.

Edogho as usual, was on one of his trouble making escapades when he mistakenly stepped on a boys foot. The boy wasted no time, he sent a slap across Edogho's face just as he had turned to say sorry. A fight ensued. Even though younger, Edogho's physique was more balanced than the boy's and Edogho made use of the advantage.

Balogun was in the nearby canteen eating when the he heard the uproar as Edogho raised his opponent and smashed him on the ground. He too quickly followed the noise and came just in time to see Edogho stocking his opponent's mouth with sand. He withdrew from the crowd, and quietly went back to the food he was eating.

That guy's own is finished, he said to himself. He whistled at a girl who was just returning from the wrestling centre.

"Edirin abeg help me do one thing" he said

"Which thing?" She asked

"Give person letter for me"

"Eh eh oo. You've started writing love letters abi?"

"Love letter ko application letter ni. Na boy you wan give na"

"Soffa you go gimme money o"

"You be thief o, you too like money. Promise me say you no go open am"

"I promise" she said innocently.

"That boy wey dey fight so, Edogho, na him you go give"

"That boy wey like trouble? Na 50 card be my money"

"No shaking" Balogun said and brought out 50 naira from his wallet and gave to the girl who happily collected it and sped off.

She cornered Edogho and whispered in his ears, pushed the note into his pocket and sped off same way she had came. Balogun watched the whole drama from afar and chuckled.

Edogho got to a corner, dipped his hand into his shorts right pocket and brought out the note, written on it is : immediately after the closing bell, head home, your life's in danger but go to your class now. Balogun........
Nice literary piece. Your creativity is off the hook bro!
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
Limerick!
thanks
Re: Changed by Princesschi(f): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2014
U d bomb bro, wen next are u updating?
Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2014
JigsawKillah:
cutedimple And Nostradamus
you guys can actually become best friends then husband and wife
common.....Nostradamus be a gentleman na

Skimpledawg I see you boss
Na so bro...tnks for stepping in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soyinka Threatens To Exit Nigeria / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.