Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi (28178 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by doninno(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Pride nd corruption na him dey kill our team. Hiss
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by emmabest2000(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2014
I don't blame him

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 04, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by lastpage: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Abbey2sam: i won't blame any player who once played at the qualifying stage and were not picked for the main event, if they don't want to play now.....

Or is it that some players are good for qualifying while others for the main event

Good POINT!

Its a shame that some Nigerians just rush to open their mouths, to condemn others, before hearing the other side of the story...

.... and even if you are not opportuned to "hear the other side", it sis your duty to use "logic and common sense" to analyse and decipher what exactly happened, with a very OPEN MIND, from just what one of the parties have said.
Mind you, No ACCUSER ever tells the story in a way that will portray them as the guilty party!

For example, let us use our sense and ask a few questions:
1.) When Uche was invited before, did he honor the invitations? YES
If he has been honoring National Calls before, definitely there must be something that made him change his mind this time around.
WHAT COULD THAT THING BE?

2.) When the team eventually qualified for the World Cup, was he invited to "continue" what he and others had laboured very hard for (or did Stephen Keshi suddenly invite very strange and new entities just introduced to the team at the last minute)?

3.)If you are in Uche's shoes, how would you feel about this act of betrayal? (Tell me whether Germany the eventual winners suddenly went to recruit some unknown names playing some obscure lower leagues, to prosecute their finals in Brazil?
There are even "rumours" that Stephen Keshi sold player spots and collected money from some of these "average players" that we suddenly saw in the finals in Brazil, but who never participated in the qualifiers!
How can anyone explain taking a player to the World cup finals, who has NEVER kicked a ball for the nation BEFORE? Only in Nigeria! shocked shocked

4.) Uche has been very QUIET AND SILENT about this issue, how come it is the Coach Keshi, who himself did some "gra-gra" resignation (the usual "arrangee scam" failed Coaches do, to make themselves feel very important!) and asked to be begged to come back, is the one going on social media to accuse a player under his watch? Any principled Coach would not say he has resigned, after a failure, only to now say he is changing his mind because they begged him!
Brazil Coach, despite reaching the Semi-final, felt he failed th enation and resigned...HE NEVER CHANGED HIS MIND. That is A PRINCIPLE PERSON),
Coaches are supposed to be like "fathers" in the team. Why would a "genuine father" go to tweeter to say bad things about a player under his watch? has Keshi descended so low as to now be trading words on Twitter with players?

5.)Assuming we believe what Stephen Keshi has alleged about Uche, what is the point of saying it on Tweeter? IS Keshi trying to instigate hatred for the young boy? IS it not shameful that Keshi cannot even shut his big mouth and just work with those who are "ready to honor his call-up" afterall, like the boy said, playing for your country is a big honor, the players need the country more than the country needs them.

6.) So, what does Stephen Keshi expect us o do now, that he has become "town crier"? Is he going to blame his next failure on Ikechukwu Uche? In a country of close to 200million, is Keshi telling us that the absence of just one Ikechukwu Uche is giving him headache so much that he has to go as far as Tweeter to cry-me-a-river? Just imagine Brazil or Germany or Argentina or Spain crying on tweeter that ONE PLAYER is not honouring national call-Up? Never will that happen.

7.)Anyone who was grown-up enough during the playing days of Stephen Keshi will vouch that he was more arrogant, selfish and combative that the Keshi he is putting down now. Infact, he was a "rebel leader and Mafioso" in the Green Eagles of those days to the point that he would be telling coaches which player to chose for a game and which not to. Do you still wonder how he got that nick-name "Big Boss" even before he became a National team coach? Now you know.

Stephen Keshi should STFU and face his work.
Slandering and maligning the integrity of young boys under his watch should not be the job of a man of his age, ..and a National Coach for that matter.

Lastpage!

Caveat: The above is my candid opinion. Others are free to have their opinion and they are entitled to it....... just as l am entitled to mine.
If you disagree, fine, no need to start foaming in the mouth and using foul language. Just state your case and move-on. Its a faceless forum.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by kingvicking(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2014
Adikam: na you follow dey insult osaze saying he's old & cant play anything you hav started it wit uche you no get comon sense atall.......@post: keshi is not a gentle man he's kind of man dat wil drop balotelli for life.wen you watch ik highlights u see he's a promising player.he deserve to plead not just come & play even osaze deserve to plead droping some1 hurts.

You nailed it on the head, that young man was used for qualifying matches but was dropped during the main show(world cup).

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2014
That Dude Deserve An Apology!

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by okeyokeyjah(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2014
undecided If u beg him personaly to come as long as he gives u d result no problem, afterall u as a coach were beg to stay for some tym

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by cole265(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Ike Uche tweeted

“It's an honour to play for Nigeria. I don't expect to be begged or given special treatment. I'm available when/if considered for selection.” The Villarreal of Spain striker wrote.

My question to him is: Was Ike Uche invited for this match? Not considered for selection. He should answer if he was invited for this match.

If what is quoted above was what the guy said, I can't see any indication that he wants to be begged.

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Tonylyte(m): 7:37am On Sep 04, 2014
bakandow11: i cant blame him, we all saw what osaze did on the world cup yet thre was drama before d boy was called up.
i will only ask keshi one question. mr keshi? what did dis boy did to you that had him omitted in the list of the worldcup participant.
then i can tell if he his wrong or not. coz na beg dem beg u b4 u come bak for dis match too.
I wonder what did the boy ''did'' to keshi....It the death of english, it a moment of silence.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Elnino4ladies: 7:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Two egoistic brats..smh
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by cole265(m): 7:38am On Sep 04, 2014
lastpage:

Good POINT!

Its a shame that some Nigerians just rush to open their mouths, to condemn others, before hearing the other side of the story...

.... and even if you are not opportuned to "hear the other side", it sis your duty to use "logic and common sense" to analyse and decipher what exactly happened, with a very OPEN MIND, from just what one of the parties have said.
Mind you, No ACCUSER ever tells the story in a way that will portray them as the guilty party!

If he has been honoring National Calls before, definitely there must be something that made him change his mind this time around.

2.) When the team eventually qualified for the World Cup, was he invited to "continue" what he and others had laboured very hard for (or did Stephen Keshi suddenly invite very strange and new entities just introduced to the team at the last minute)?

3.)If you are in Uche's shoes, how would you feel about this act of betrayal? (Tell me whether Germany the eventual winners suddenly went to recruit some unknown names playing some obscure lower leagues, to prosecute their finals in Brazil?
There are even "rumours" that Stephen Keshi sold player spots and collected money from some of these "average players" that we suddenly saw in the finals in Brazil, but who never participated in the qualifiers!
How can anyone explain taking a player to the World cup finals, who has NEVER kicked a ball for the nation BEFORE? Only in Nigeria! shocked shocked

4.) Uche has been very QUIET AND SILENT about this issue, how come it is the Coach Keshi, who himself did some "gra-gra" resignation (the usual "arrangee scam" failed Coaches do, to make themselves feel very important!) and asked to be begged to come back, is the one going on social media to accuse a player under his watch? Any principled Coach would not say he has resigned, after a failure, only to now say he is changing his mind because they begged him!
Brazil Coach, despite reaching the Semi-final, felt he failed th enation and resigned...HE NEVER CHANGED HIS MIND. That is A PRINCIPLE PERSON),
Coaches are supposed to be like "fathers" in the team. Why would a "genuine father" go to tweeter to say bad things about a player under his watch? has Keshi descended so low as to now be trading words on Twitter with players?

5.)Assuming we believe what Stephen Keshi has alleged about Uche, what is the point of saying it on Tweeter? IS Keshi trying to instigate hatred for the young boy? IS it not shameful that Keshi cannot even shut his big mouth and just work with those who are "ready to honor his call-up" afterall, like the boy said, playing for your country is a big honor, the players need the country more than the country needs them.

6.) So, what does Stephen Keshi expect us o do now, that he has become "town crier"? Is he going to blame his next failure on Ikechukwu Uche? In a country of close to 200million, is Keshi telling us that the absence of just one Ikechukwu Uche is giving him headache so much that he has to go as far as Tweeter to cry-me-a-river? Just imagine Brazil or Germany or Argentina or Spain crying on tweeter that ONE PLAYER is not honouring national call-Up? Never will that happen.

7.)Anyone who was grown-up enough during the playing days of Stephen Keshi will vouch that he was more arrogant, selfish and combative that the Keshi he is putting down now. Infact, he was a "rebel leader and Mafioso" in the Green Eagles of those days to the point that he would be telling coaches which player to chose for a game and which not to. Do you still wonder how he got that nick-name "Big Boss" even before he became a National team coach? Now you know.

Slandering and maligning the integrity of young boys under his watch should not be the job of a man of his age, ..and a National Coach for that matter.

Lastpage!

Caveat: The above is my candid opinion. Others are free to have their opinion and they are entitled to it....... just as l am entitled to mine.
If you disagree, fine, no need to start foaming in the mouth and using foul language. Just state your case and move-on. Its a faceless forum.

Good man good analysis. But I don't like the last paragraph. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Odunharry(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Jarchi: Na dem sabi,ђДÞÞ¥ þîЯ†ђÐД¥ ℓℓ₪Þ 2me
happy birthday to you....i pray God grant all ur heart desire today and always.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Humblesam(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Uncle Keshi, it's unfair and very very immature of a man of your calibre and magnitude.
You should have done better than this.
Ike is not a fool and we are not that gullible....
So stop fooling your old self please, make we hear word a beg Yoga.

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by fuzzyt(m): 7:43am On Sep 04, 2014
Brilliant Submission

lastpage:

Good POINT!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by BlackPikiN(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2014
QuiverBox:

Is ike Uche's Goals Paying your Bills?

No I celebrate Nigerians anywhere.

Big ups to Musa Yahaya of Tottenham FC.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by KayceeClassic(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2014
And after playing and scoring goals to qualify Nigeria you will drop him for the main tournament please you people should free that guy oh!! Keshi so you've joined the twitter madness

3 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Edusouls(m): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Keshi should reduce his ego to beg that guy, he was never treated well, he shouldn't be dropped from world cup squad for no genuine reason, keshi have been constantly begged, so now is his time to beg someone, sometimes u have to swallow ur pride to make things work..

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by inzek(m): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014
mark my word.nigeria will fail to qualify for this nations cup because of keshi attitude towards this innocent man(uche).keshi after collecting bribe and giving us heartbeeak at world cup.still come out to do more harmful to this guy.God is watching keshi.

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by otokx(m): 7:49am On Sep 04, 2014
IK UCHE has my support.

5 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by seedorfg(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2014
Yeah yeah who cares, As if am not Good to Replace Ik Uche, keshi i don't need your begging just a call and i will show up, LoBaTan
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Tonylyte(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2014
If they hav different business apart from uche not been featured at the world cup, keshi should swallow his pride and beg him, i.e if uche is right. But if it is the world cup exclusion of uche, i see no reason why keshi should beg him...keshi went with the players he wanted as the coach and lost out of the knock-out stage, just like every national teams(spain, portugal, italy et all) lost out of the competition. Cr7 banged goals here and there in the spanish la liga b4 the world cup, how far did his team go? Uche's inclusion at the world cup doesnt guarrantee we doing better than what we did.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2014
jeffizy: Ouchhh!
Hurt alert: A certain person is still much pained at world cup snub. cheesy

Mr Uche , learn that peacock attitude does not lead you to harbour. Osaze is a compass for you
my friend shut-up, he deserve d begging especially 4rm keshi wit his 2 knees on d ground... after all d humiliation n talks n painting a bad picture abt him , dropped him out of d world cup n kept deaf ears despite all d pleas n begging n questionins by so many Nigerians across d country n his most embarrassing failure in d world cup.. he turns around to invite him 4 training lyk he suddenly realised he should come.. n inviting him lyk one of his house boys to cum n play lyk all his shits doesn't matter.., ike should cum n play now... after foolin himself in d world cup.. he then turns around to quickly want to paint ike Uche again' saying he wants him to beg for is appearance... his a monkey...na person go tell am to go publicly beg Uche or privately call d guy 4 reconciliation after all his mess... rather Dan quickly jumping 2 d press n telling d whole world DAT ike Uche wants him n his conniving crew 2 beg him.... wat wld he expect.. DAT d guy would just jump back 2 d team lyk a mumu, wriggling lyk a monkey n hailin him "tank u sir' happy wkend sir" wit no dignity...most of u Nigerians are so selfish,wicked,inhumane,irresponsibly scornful n irrational... n DAT man keshi is remorseless... name im leg ike dey carry play abi?... wit out Nigeria d guy no chop abi? una dey shameless... even d guy suppose dey slap am first b4 im enter DAT camp 4 training....na im tym to do im own.. wen keshi dey do im own na so everybody dey beg am, e hammer d guy apko lyk say if d boy no go world cup, Europe go pursue am commot 4 d continent.. now e dey call am lyk say na im mould d leg 4 am or lyk say name Im papa (even if na im papa ?..if e finally qualify now or afterwards carry d cup wif d boy in d team or his contribution e go dey claim best coach in Africa abi sixth in d world (Watsoeva)...blah blah blah............Sm nigerians .. hw they disrespect dier own....

5 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by EGRESS(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2014
That is why we Nigerians are not going forward in everything that we are doing, If the coach snub u during the world cup in brazil (which i know that is what i.k uche is angry about). He should just ask why he was snubbed instead of telling the coach and his crew to beg him, that is pride and arrogance. Your football career is deteriorating if u continue like this. Be wise i.k uche and stop all ur childish act. Come and play for us we are expecting you, if not there are a lot of experienced players that can fill ur space.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by beatricewebb: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2014
Keshi was really selfish and bias for not taking both brother to the world cup,keshi behaves like an igbo man he wanted the glory all alone he forgot that success is collective,and now he is down the ladder and all those he stepped on while climbing are seeking for justice i think they all deserve an apology.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2014
lastpage:

Good POINT!

Lastpage!

I lyk u mehnn....

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
IF this is true that he demands to be begged before he plays for Nigeria,I would rather we fail to qualify for the next tournaments than have a few individuals make a mockery of the status of the name NIGERIA...do you know how disrespectful it is for a WHOLE NATION to beg 1 personand what is more depressing is seeing people actually applauding this act...wow!!! and same people will try to sound more patriotic than june 12 campaigners as soon as it comes to elections..IF this is true,then he can stick to playing for Villarreal...I am a biggg fan of the Uche brothers and am still shocked that he did not go to the WC likewise his brother but IF this story is true,he should forget about the SE and if its ot true,someone should draft Keshi's sack letter(never really liked him much anyway)
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by sarutobie(m): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
lastpage:

Good POINT!

Lastpage!

you never get the memo? if there is anything nigerians love most, it is half truths. little wonder bloggers and even newspapers in the country are becoming annoyingly unprofessional because they know a good number of the populace will swallow their garbage hook, line and sinker.what was keshi's aim for going on twitter to berate a player? so that the gullible ones will start demonising the player? and what good will come out of that?

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by 14teenK: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
If we are still dwelling in all diz old players ntn new we happen.....many young talented stars has Emerged lets focus on them
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2014
lastpage:

Good POINT!

Lastpage!

impressive and precise

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by princessayesha(f): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2014
Beg him then

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by DonaldGenes(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2014
What's the big deal for Keshi to beg Him?

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by sahinrv(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2014
phransix147: If Keshi and NFF have offended him then truly they have to apologise... That's the way things are done.

This space belongs to a Landlord... Caveat Emptor
you have not paid owo onile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Seun Ajetunmobi Is Dead! / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 'Man Of The Match' To Earn N1m & 10 Bags Of Rice / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.