Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (87927 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by evavista: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
For real, I was discussing with my elder sister who stays in preson, uk last week about medical schools in nigeria, she mentioned unilorin and said most medical guys in her church over there are all unilorin alumni and they are very good. You better say the real reason behind this hate because I know of one 'lagusto' here from unilorin and he looks like an intelligent dude

14 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
stevedeey: The evidence, the history and results have it that Ladoke Akintola University of technology Ogbomoso is one of the best citadel of learning if medicine is what we are talking about.
I was surprised also when I didn't find LAUTECH on that list. please review your list.

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka

I don't know about others but I sure do know about this one cool

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by opisco01(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
I'm a 400lvl MB;BS student there, I cn confidently say that all u av said are lies. I av a feeling u were withdrawn datz why u chose to write these lies. Smh

9 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by raquel23(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Okijajuju1: For Native Medicine - Madonna University Okija... cool
lwkmd cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Okijajuju1: For Native Medicine - Madonna University Okija... cool
medical students there all spend nothing less than ten years at madonna university.
I won't lie. I did 100L there, saw the rot and fled.

*currently enjoying life at Uniuyo*.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.

As a matter of fact, I do not like to lie, you are lying.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Shyna112: Y did u 4get 2mention LAUTECH ?

Calm down, the list is just meant for 10 schools not all schools wink grin
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by kemi123(f): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
U are on ur own, no oou

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by kemi123(f): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=evavista]For real, I was discussing with my elder sister who stays in preson, uk last week about medical schools in nigeria, she mentioned unilorin and said most medical guys in her church over there are all unilorin alumni and they are very good. You better say the real reason behind this hate because I know of one 'lagusto' here from unilorin and he looks like an intelligent dude[/quote

The thing is dey always withdraw students who have a gpa of less than 3.00 evry year I guess dats d reason she yabbin all dem lecturers its realy painful though
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Louislewis: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
If u're rating any of these university and you have not attended two, three or all of the university, you are not entitled to give a better rating. Therefore, I advice you to keep quiet. This same warning goes to the NLer who made this list. Everyday, people, keep rating universities as if they have attended all. As far as I' m concern, you must marry two wives before you will be able to judge. Some unversities now, is leaving by their paste glory or environment especially those in the city. Remember that, where you have the highest corruption existing in the universities are mostly from those universities sited in the cities. Their qualities and standard of education has dropped drastically.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Mbkite(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
hw does dis cure EBOLA? Mtchew
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by dguizman(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Janeify: Unijos
we dey call yam,cocoyam dey show face

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

Bros see how u finish unilorin.... Abaaaaa them offend u? @least NMA still recognise their graduates and them no dey withdraw their doctor's license

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Don't mind broda Afghanistan o...Afghanistan was probably a student of unilorin in d early 80's grin cool grin
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sahinrv(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
as far as i'm concerned, the best university is UNILEVER
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ekemini007(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Omo i no knw the criteria or yardstick u use tk arrive @ dis conlusion. Bt one of my homie de huz wit me de play snooker and gamble, smoke dope hussle yet de pass al him course via sortin.. So for me abraka na no no!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by dignity806(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
..What happd to uniport? Huh?....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dis is yhonsense! University of BokoHaram, Ebola. shud take de first position.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Yungmilio2:
hey no forget say
Unilorin student full here
you just talking trash
where you expelled or sent home cz you could not make the crossing GP?
@ I was a medical student there

I thought as much, I couldn't reply cos I never school there... Medicine nd surgery is not chinchin ooo that's y he was expelled from d school which made him result to blackmail
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by GboyegaD(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
I can't rate them because I never passed through medical school nonetheless, I don't think Ilorin deserves to be rated above the UNN, UNIBEN, AND UNILAG amongst others. Isn't it the same Ilorin in the days of Prof. Rahman Oba who sacked all the top professors in some fields of medicine Ilorin had back then? Who groomed the current breed they parade as professors? Perhaps, when I'm educated in this regard I could have a change of position on this but until then, I hols my peace.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
u were surely withdrawn

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ebbymayox(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
www.tlkdrum.com
Talking Drum is an Educative Blog,discussing daily issues that we most likely don't pay attention to, most fascinating and rare gems of human knowledge.
(Modify) (Quote)

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by xkobans: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
gift01: Who among them have provided a cure for Ebola? If none, then they no better than Chemist store as far as am concerned

There are doctors, not pharmacists or chemists.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by kel4soft: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
VocalWalls: Uniport should be there.
You dey mind the mumu OP wey no get sense. I doubt if en go fit pass MBSS
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by mrgreen4real(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
[/color][color=#000099]
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Sorry o!
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Sorry o!
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Sorry o! BROS, WERE YOU WITHDRAWN?

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by GboyegaD(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
opisco01:
I'm a 400lvl MB;BS student there, I cn confidently say that all u av said are lies. I av a feeling u were withdrawn datz why u chose to write these lies. Smh

Do you have an idea when he graduated? I suggest you get more information before you conclude.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by fairheven: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
gift01: Who among them have provided a cure for Ebola? If none, then they no better than Chemist store as far as am concerned
And how many of the ones you have in the western world have Been able to provide cure for Ebola or even AIDS?those ones are chemist as well?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by donblue(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
uni maiduguri best in medicine and surgery
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

Thanks a lot for this insight. Yes Unilorin is ranked number 2 here. Ranking College of medicine on the basis of guess work can never produce a good rating

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Yungmilio2(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
bitex2:
it could mean that he graduated from there..dnt rush into hasty generalization
Am a student of Unilorin
So I know how things work in Unilorin
Beside
Med and Surg not meant for all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.