Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) (46016 Views)

17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / Lenovo Introduces Android Phone That Looks Like Iphone 6 - PHOTOS / Thousands of people que at apple's company to buy new iphone 6(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

Smelly pucci..
I blame the owner of Nairaland for making everyone to be on the same level.

My daughter.
I'm not your mate.
Good bye

And you just proved my point! grin

Don't worry I'll keep you in prayers. smiley

1 Like

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 05, 2014
The article would be helpful.

Campers Already Lining Up Outside 5th Avenue Apple Store for iPhone 6
Posted 09/03/2014 at 4:02pm | by Leif Johnson

Some people really want their bigger iPhones. In fact, they want them so bad that some diehard Apple fans are already starting to camp out in front of the company's iconic cubical store on New York's Fifth Avenue; that is, if you can find them amid all the folks subtly hawking their own products.

This should mark a new record by a day, according to CNBC, who interviewed some of the campers. The iPhone 6 is expected to hit shelves 19 days from now if Apple's track record remains reliable, and the existing record for waiting in line stands at a "mere" 18 days.

Source: CNBC

That's not an accident. Most of the early campers appear to be of the "professional" variety, who pull stunts like this as a means of securing free advertising for apps and services associated with Apple's products. Brian Ceballo and Joseph Cruz, camping out for BuyBackWorld, arrived early for the specific purpose of beating the previous record. Eventually, they gave up their spot at the front of the line for $2,500 to "Jason and Moon Ray," who are promoting a health app.
Some people, of course, camp out just for the excitement of it, and it's likely we'll start seeing more of those people in the coming days.

Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6 at the upcoming media event on September 9, and the device itself should start hitting shelves about two weeks later. This year's event is particularly notable since Apple may use it to announce the long-fabled "iWatch" (and thus its first new product category in years), although recent rumors have suggested that production hold-ups may keep us from seeing it until 2015.

Follow this article's writer, Leif Johnson, on Twitter.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/campers_already_lining_outside_5th_avenue_apple_store_iphone_6
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Suntemi: You will call it joblessness because you don't understand why they are queuing. Some people are sent to queue by corporate bodies so as to be one of the first to get their hands on the device. Folks from iFixit.com do that all the time to drive traffic to their website thereby increasing their sales. They are always the first to show everyone how to tear-down Apple's latest devices.

Some people queue to sell the device at higher cost to those that wants it badly at launch.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2014
NoContract:

You dey mind Nairalanders? Too much mumu people full here. They know no difference between living and surviving...

Them think sey life na to work and work and die and resurrect to heaven.

Ignorant people calling smarter ones jobless.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by valuedammy(m): 7:21am On Sep 05, 2014
Another symptons of ebola, queueing 4 an unlaunched device...mtschew!
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Aisosaonipede(f): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2014
I think iphone 6 will be a failure !
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Aisosaonipede(f): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2014
As Samsung already destroyed most of iphone's market, and with the launch of Galaxy S5, iphone6 hardly stand a chance !

If iphone somehow manages a bigger screen then they might have a chance !
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Aisosaonipede(f): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2014
QMark: Some people are born to queue. They queue up only to buy the phone and get caged in the rigid apple world.

htc till i find a better option, and I don't think I'll find a better option anytime soon.

No way!

I had a very awful experience with HTC!

currently market leader is Samsung smiley
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by gbishman: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2014
joblessness!!!!
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by AndrewChogzy(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014
I thougth is only in 9ja oo
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by IAmBhijay(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Aprime: When will Nigeria starts manufacturing public accessories like phones?
In the year 2095!!!
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by dasoul(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2014
Thanks Nairaland for boosting this crapish publicity stunt.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Wey the queue? Just peeps sitting around possing for pictures. Andd for what? A gadget that's not even out yet? People can like wahala sa. I never see.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by rhames(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Aprime: When will Nigeria starts manufacturing public accessories like phones?

We dey produce am for Aba
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by killercute16(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
QMark: Some people are born to queue. They queue up only to buy the phone and get caged in the rigid apple world.

htc till i find a better option, and I don't think I'll find a better option anytime soon.
Team HTC
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
@ OP

People have been queuing up for iPhone products since inception. That is not a news for me.

1 Like

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Aisosaonipede: As Samsung already destroyed most of iphone's market, and with the launch of Galaxy S5, iphone6 hardly stand a chance !

If iphone somehow manages a bigger screen then they might have a chance !
Samsung is facing a law suit from Nvidia for infringement on its patents. There is a plan to really chase Samsung products out of the market looking at various claims coming out of nowhere to bring its products down. I think it is helping the company to wax strong. I personally like some Samsung products.

I am planning on buying the Samsung Edge before, but I have a budget to forestall.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Atmmachine(m): 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

And you just proved my point! grin

Don't worry I'll keep you in prayers. smiley

If you dare qoute me again i will ban you
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
tonardo: THERE’S still six days to go until Apple’s latest smartphone launch, but fans in the US just can’t wait.
Gracious! Gracious! ! Gracious!!!
I MADE FRONT PAGE AGAIN
Google take note TONARDO is going places.
Source..
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/398003/iMad-Apple-fans-already-queuing-for-iPhone-6
Topic wey suppose dey front page seun no go put. Na all these kind thing the guy go dey put for front page.
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
NoContract:

You dey mind Nairalanders? Too much mumu people full here. They know no difference between living and surviving...

Them think sey life na to work and work and die and resurrect to heaven.

Ignorant people calling smarter ones jobless.

Absolutely and when you try to educate them on what's possible they attack you for being a Diasporian.

While I won't do it personally but I know folks are making money.

2 Likes

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

So because u be moderator, you con dey threaten the guy. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Atmmachine(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
Afghanistan:
So because u be moderator, you con dey threaten the guy. Nonsense.

She violated rule 2 of Nairaland
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dreyl: Iphone6 i'm waiting for u patiently.
Don't worry let's wait for three years. By then, it will be cheap so we'll get it and flex. grin
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

She violated rule 2 of Nairaland
But that doesn't mean you should threaten her.

1 Like

Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Atmmachine(m): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Afghanistan:
But that doesn't mean you should threaten her.

If she tries it again i will definitly block her account forever
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

Just did! smiley
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by kipesco(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Those two pix looks the same
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
tonardo: Join the queue if you are an
i_sheep
i_goat
OR
i_fan for Apple.
Matrix synergy a multi level marketing company hereby invite eligible candidate for the available position of:
a Sales Representative,
Sales manager .
Applicant must possess a BSc, HND (sales manager) or a minimuim of O' level or OND ( Sales representative) and must be fluent and eloquent in speaking and Capable of sourcing prospects.

Interested candidate should submit softcopy CV to cv@matrixsynergies.net

Application Deadline on the 19 th of September 2014
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Atmmachine(m): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

Just did! smiley

Please, i will not ban you again
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by dhappyking(m): 1:41am On Sep 06, 2014
Oke iWe efe. Mcheeeewwww!
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Revolva(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2014
Jobless Yanks.........iphone6...sey dat one go dey talk..abi.....wat....these people wont kill us...some naija youth now also will be doing follow follow to spend their last kobo...on the fone......omo....ino send all these expensive gadgets again..na format to ripus
Re: People Queuing Up For Iphone 6 (photos) by Kissalive2012(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
HELLO MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, I BRING TO YOU ALL A
GREAT MEASURE TO FIGTH IGNORANCE IN OUR NIGERIA
EDUCATION SYSTEM. TO START .. ARE YOU ARE GRANDUATE
FROM ANY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA? AND YOU WISH TO DO
YOUR MASTERS OUTSIDE NIGERIA EITHER IN PHILIPINES ,
CANADA, NORWAY OR MALASIA . THE OPPORTUNITY IS
HERE NOW. OR YOU TOOK JAMB THIS YEAR AND YOU WERE
UNABLE TO GET UP TO YOUR PREFERD SCH CUT OFF MARK .
U CAN STILL STUDY IN PHILIPINES AND NORWAY IN ANY
COURSE OF YOUR CHOSE OR GET ADMISION INTO OUR
UNIVERSITY HERE IN NIGERIA. JUST CALL US NOW ON
07064631271, 08117317664 OR EMAIL US ON
WORLDOFOUROWN15@GMAIL.COM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before You Put A Screen Lock On Your Phone Read This / Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery / What's The Best Data Plan For Heavy Users?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.