Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? (5394 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / I See No Good Reason To Marry / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Haven been opportune to travel to some part of Nigeria and also meeting vast variety of my fellow Nigerians both male and female,i think a man has to look beyond facial looks and character and consider some other things which some people may feel are not necessary but are vital for a man in marriage and should be considered in my opinion.
As the saying goes "A hungry Man is An angry Man” Food is one of the unseen vital role that is been played in many south south and igbo culture that keeps the man at home and making him happy, to further attest to this, a man with two wives always have competition among his wives especially in food aspect which keeps him happy with the woman that feeds him more therefore according more money and materialistic things including attention to that particular wife.
A man that has been eating good food will find it difficult and unnecessary to eat outside apart from his home, been prone to eating outside as a married man can lead you to certain unseen stories been observed in everyday life most leading to broken homes, having mistresses,food poisoning and a host of others just to mention few
With respect to my fellow yoruba people I have observed in many occasions where the woman of the house does not cook but rather gives the kids money to eat road side food, this alone incorporate character in that child which he or she grows up with, therefore making the female children practically unable to be a good house wife material in the kitchen
Haven spent most time in the western part of Nigeria especially lagos I have seen this peculiar character in the female gender not just by observations but by practical examples
One of the illustrative example among the many I have had with my yoruba female girlfriend has been she cooking fried egg with what I could not imagine,the second has been a very annoying situation with a food which was supposed to be a delicacy called fried rice turn out tobe a ("doomicacy") that left me stooling for days, it dint only end there among many I can't explain
With this point so far been expansiated I doubt in my right sense I will want to marry a yoruba female
N/B this is just my opinion, if food does not count in marriage then u can give me a better reason to marry a yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by pickabeau1: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
harrysterol:
A man that has been eating good food will find it difficult and unnecessary to eat outside apart from his home, been prone to eating outside as a married man can lead you to certain unseen stories been observed in everyday life most leading to broken homes, having mistresses,food poisoning and a host of others just to mention few
With respect to my fellow yoruba people I have observed in many occasions where the woman of the house does not cook but rather gives the kids money to eat road side food, this alone incorporate character in that child which he or she grows up with, therefore making the female children practically unable to be a good house wife material in the kitchen
Haven spent most time in the western part of Nigeria especially lagos I have seen this peculiar character in the female gender not just by observations but by practical examples
One of the illustrative example among the many I have had with my yoruba female girlfriend has been she cooking fried egg with what I could not imagine,the second has been a very annoying situation with a food which was supposed to be a delicacy called fried rice turn out tobe a ("doomicacy"wink that left me stooling for days, it dint only end there among many I can't explain
With this point so far been expansiated I doubt in my right sense I will want to marry a yoruba female
N/B this is just my opinion, if food does not count in marriage then u can give me a better reason to marry a yoruba

grin grin grin grin grin. clown

At the bolded... another crappy generalisation which says more of the people you associate with
You need to step up your circle of associates

You are free to marry from any tribe.it is your prerogative

33 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by dazzlingbeau(f): 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ok. NEXT?
harrysterol: Haven been opportune to travel to some part of Nigeria and also meeting vast variety of my fellow Nigerians both male and female,i think a man has to look beyond facial looks and character and consider some other things which some people may feel are not necessary but are vital for a man in marriage and should be considered in my opinion.
As the saying goes "A hungry Man is An angry Man” Food is one of the unseen vital role that is been played in many south south and igbo culture that keeps the man at home and making him happy, to further attest to this, a man with two wives always have competition among his wives especially in food aspect which keeps him happy with the woman that feeds him more therefore according more money and materialistic things including attention to that particular wife.
One of the illustrative example among the many I have had with my yoruba female girlfriend has been she cooking fried egg with what I could not imagine,the second has been a very annoying situation with a food which was supposed to be a delicacy called fried rice turn out tobe a ("doomicacy"wink that left me stooling for days, it dint only end there among many I can't explain

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by DickDastardly(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
Trouble dey take siesta, iyanga go dey poke am grin

Wait dem dey cum, and dem go give reason angry

6 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Though I didn't read the op but I know you must have committed the fallacy of hasty generalization . You should never describe or judge a woman by her tribe or nationality , there's more to her than her origin.

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by GboyegaD(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
So funny how many of us are quick to hasty generalization. It was fun reading your thoughts OP and I wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by walexzee11(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
If a Lady is not good at cooking, you as the husband can guide her and teach her how to go about it. Maybe you don't know that Yoruba girls are perfect wife material cos most were brought up in a perfect tradition way that suits the future partner.... Their cooking might not be okay compare to those from the East, But of what benefit is a lady that knows how to cook all the delicacies in the world and knows nothing about how to keep a happy family cos must of them are rude and not submissive. To crown it all, you can end up rearing another man's kids for many years thinking they are Yours! .....THIS IS OUT OF EXPERIENCE! !!

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by crackhaus: 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
If we were to classify or analyse people based on stereotypes and 'generalizations' associated with their ethnicity, we may end up not finding a person good enough to marry.

Every single tribe has their fair share of negative individualistic traits/character that may not be associated with every individual in that group.

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by crackhaus: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
walexzee11: If a Lady is not good at cooking, you as the husband can guide her and teach her how to go about it. Maybe you don't know that Yoruba girls are perfect wife material cos most were brought up in a perfect tradition way that suits the future partner.... Their cooking might not be okay compare to those from the East, But of what benefit is a lady that knows how to cook all the delicacies in the world and knows nothing about how to keep a happy family cos must of them are rude and not submissive. To crown it all, you can end up rearing another man's kids for many years thinking they are Yours! .....THIS IS OUT OF EXPERIENCE! !!
And the generalizations just keep on coming...

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
yoruba babes are strong and good in bed. I can never forget Yetunde, best lay ever !
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Kanwulia: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hahahahaha

I CANNOT date. . . .not to mention marry an EDO, Urhobo(Ijaw/Isoko/Itsekiri/Rivers/Cross Rivers. . . . All those BUSH AREAS OF NIGERIAN MEN)Yoruba or BIAFRAN-Igbo man. I have dateD or PHOCKED some of these LOCAAAAAAAL-BUSHMEATS in the past . . . so I know ke! cry

All you need to do is meet their checkered family members.

EDO women prefer foreigners for the same VERY REASON! I DON'T like their culture of maltreating women and children. They are not capable of loving or receiving love. It is in their EXTREMELY HARSH GENES! kiss

In short. Delta IGBO or Northrrners only! kiss

Bottom line OP!

If your instinct speaks to your CONSCIENCE, learn to listen.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin grin grin. clown

At the bolded... another crappy generalisation which says more of the people you associate with
You need to step up your circle of associates

You are free to marry from any tribe.it is your prerogative
the was no need for alarm or scrupulous and provocative words...every single thought has been on opinion, try and be constructive in replies
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
DickDastardly: Trouble dey take siesta, iyanga go dey poke am grin

Wait dem dey cum, and dem go give reason angry
I no want trouble o cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by pickabeau1: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
harrysterol: the was no need for alarm or scrupulous and provocative words...every single thought has been on opinion, try and be constructive in replies

As you were destructive with your opinion grin grin grin

Dude ... step up your circle

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: Though I didn't read the op but I know you must have commit the fallacy of hasty generalization . You should never describe or judge a woman by her tribe or nationality , there's more to her than her origin.
wel u Neva read it, I only made a survey of 60% which I felt ws enough to write abt
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Chaulay1: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
I can imagine the kind of people the op associate with, it tells a lot about you. grin grin grin Road side food indeed. Abeg, as Pickabeau said, step up.

6 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
walexzee11: If a Lady is not good at cooking, you as the husband can guide her and teach her how to go about it. Maybe you don't know that Yoruba girls are perfect wife material cos most were brought up in a perfect tradition way that suits the future partner.... Their cooking might not be okay compare to those from the East, But of what benefit is a lady that knows how to cook all the delicacies in the world and knows nothing about how to keep a happy family cos must of them are rude and not submissive. To crown it all, you can end up rearing another man's kids for many years thinking they are Yours! .....THIS IS OUT OF EXPERIENCE! !!
this is a good reason, I only made an observation so such perception can be cleared and have a better thought on that, my present girlfriend is a yoruba so am not against dem
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Infact I strongly and totally disagree.the yoruba women I have met are the lines who always have food at home and offer you food immediately you step into their house full of assorted meat, fresh and dry fish all sorts of delicacies.
Infact, them go wan use food kill you, only you beef,Turkey ponmo, orishrishi chicken fresh dry and banla fish, if not for ebola bush meat join.

Let me call Toyin abeg, salivating from all this typing choi

6 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Godmystrength: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
harrysterol: With this point so far been expansiated I doubt in my right sense I will want to marry a yoruba female
harrysterol: this is a good reason, I only made an observation so such perception can be cleared and have a better thought on that, my present girlfriend is a yoruba so am not against dem
You are confusing me....

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: You are confusing me....
having a gf is not thesame as been married don't be confused
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by onegig(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
I guess the heat has been turned up in the politics section. It's time to transfer hatred and tribal bigotry to the family section. I hope people would just ignore this tool and move on. There's no appropriate response for people like the op than silence.

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Godmystrength: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
harrysterol: having a gf is not thesame as been married don't be confused
I know what i am saying. what are you doing with a yoruba girlfriend if you can't marry a yoruba female??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by balaclava: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
U cnt find a 100% perfect hausa, yoruba or ibo girl. dt she cnt cook 2 ur taste doesn't mean she cnt cook 2 another mans satisfaction. Besides wit d way U portrayed it, it seems U r a gd cook so if U truly care then teach her. Hw long U wan dey jump from Aisha to Chichi to Yemi then bukky b4 U marry?
Prophecy: ur future wife is a yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
balaclava: U cnt find a 100% perfect hausa, yoruba or ibo girl, dt she cnt cook 2 ur taste doesn't mean she cnt cook 2 another mans satisfaction. Besides wit d way U portrayed it, it seems U r a gd cook so if U truly care then teach her. Hw long U wan dey jump from Aisha to Chichi to Yemi then bukky b4 U marry?
prophet john the baptist I hail o cheesy cheesy grin lolz
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by ChristyG(f): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
balaclava: U cnt find a 100% perfect hausa, yoruba or ibo girl, dt she cnt cook 2 ur taste doesn't mean she cnt cook 2 another mans satisfaction. Besides wit d way U portrayed it, it seems U r a gd cook so if U truly care then teach her. Hw long U wan dey jump from Aisha to Chichi to Yemi then bukky b4 U marry?
God forbid,let him go and marry girls from his bush tribe or from wherever hole he crawled out from,he doesnt deserve any

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by pickabeau1: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: I know what i am saying. what are you doing with a yoruba girlfriend if you can't marry a yoruba female??

grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by ChristyG(f): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2: Infact I strongly and totally disagree.the yoruba women I have met are the lines who always have food at home and offer you food immediately you step into their house full of assorted meat, fresh and dry fish all sorts of delicacies.
Infact, them go wan use food kill you, only you beef,Turkey ponmo, orishrishi chicken fresh dry and banla fish, if not for ebola bush meat join.

Let me call Toyin abeg, salivating from all this typing choi
as in,i dont know where all dese mumu talk is coming from,cos me i am yet to see one.d way d op is generalising,u would think there are no ibo or niger delta men married to yoruba women,in reality they are many.or is it all dese girls from d se and ss dat can cook?cos me i know an itsekiri dat cant even break eggs not to talk of frying it
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Godmystrength: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin
i know what i am saying o. After a while what happened
here will happen and people will start saying all manners of
things https://www.nairaland.com/1885602/run-when-woman-says-need#25986682

I doubt if the gf is aware that her bobo doesn't want to marry a yoruba
girl ''unless he is not in his right sense''
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by dridowu: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
harrysterol generalizing a whole tribe because of a single person is abnormal. I will only assume what you said as true if you can be sincere with this question
"Are you telling us now that ALL Igbo Ladies are perfect in cooking " ?

India Girl Marry Dog (Detail Pics and Video) https://www.nairaland.com/1886677/indian-girl-marries-dog-warn
Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by ireneidiva(f): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
I'm not yoruba but this is the most silly thing I have heard in my life. You are small minded. You really need to grow up and think of more important yoruba woman's food. Jeez

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by Janeify(f): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin ..everyone has his or her problem. If you cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen..girls boku

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? by harrysterol(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: I know what i am saying. what are you doing with a yoruba girlfriend if you can't marry a yoruba female??
the was a "but" in my statement obsession may occur untill then am O-M-O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! / Gender Vanguard! / Please Any Househelp Agent Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.