Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,438 members, 7,808,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit (737 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit by Justice629(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
A young Indian girl, Mangli Munda is marrying a stray dog to fight off evil spirits that her family believes she has. The dog was found by the woman’s father. The big wedding was taken care of by the 18-year-old’s parents, to the dismay of the wife-to-be.

Munda wasn’t pleased with her parents’ selection of a groom, saying, “I am not happy with this marriage.”

According to Yahoo news, Munda’s mother was adamant about the need for her daughter to get hitched to the hound named Sheru. The pooch even arrived stylin’ and profilin’ as most grooms often do chauffeured in a car.

Munda’s mother mentioned, “We have to spend money on this wedding. That is the only way we can get rid of her bad luck and ensure the benevolence of the village.”

But luckily, the relationship isn’t legally binding, It’s just a tradition meant to ensure the longevity of a couple’s marriage when Munda is eventually married to a human groom.

What do you think?

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2014/09/indian-teenage-girl-forced-to-marry-dog.html?showComment=1409851137939&m=1#c1258086125441976225

Re: Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit by ammyluv2002(f): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Crazy people undecided
Re: Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
The dog looks hungry and would prefer a piece of bone to his wife. May be he'd seize the opportunity to feed fine today of all days. Afterall, today is his day. Or who starves the groom on his wedding day?

What an insult to this pretty innocent girl!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
this is why I love naija. why would a parent ask a child to marry a dog to scare off spirits when we have T B Joshua and thousands of others on standby ? by the time cele man flog u holy cane and mountain of fire burn u holy ghost fire, spirit go run by force nah

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indian Teenage Girl Forced To Marry A Dog To Scare Off Evil Spirit by free2ryhme: 1:30am On Sep 05, 2014
na wa oo

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Definition Of Success? / Humiliation, A Poor Way Of Rebuking Children/wards/juniors / Should I Allow My Wife Stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.