Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Joan Rivers Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joan Rivers Is Dead (37017 Views)

Joan Rivers Is Dead / SAD NEWS: 81 Yr Old Comedian, Joan Rivers Is Dead / Breaking News!!!! Joan Rivers Is Dead!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joan Rivers Is Dead by rattlesnake(m): 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
BREAKING:

Legendary comedian Joan Rivers has died at the age of 81

DETAILS COMING
Comedy icon Joan Rivers has died due to complications from a vocal cord procedure, her daughter confirmed in a statement. "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers," she said. Rivers went into cardiac arrest during surgery on August 28 and was put on life support shortly thereafter. She was 81 when she died.
Today, Rivers is best known for hosting E!'s Fashion Police and making jokes at the expense of celebrities (herself included), but her career as a comedian spans decades. She started appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1965 and was a regular guest host and writer by the early eighties, publicly crediting Carson — whom she considered her mentor — for her career. She was known for being a boundary-pushing comedian from the outset, joking about sex and marriage and abortion ("My friend has had 14 appendectomies, if you know what I mean"wink.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/a30673/joan-rivers-dies-at-81/?visibilityoverride&src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1440_85337635

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Airforce1(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
tis a good thing she died a fulfilled woman

May her soul rest in perfect peace

22 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sad
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by DickDastardly(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Is it ebola? undecided
Rip ma'am cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by elobyobi: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Finally they can cancel that annoying "Fashion Police" show that my babe watches all the time. More Sony Max for me.

RIP to the dead.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by streetdisciple: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Osama10(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
Na wa oh.
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Mzjhulz(f): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fashion Police won't be d same without her
RIP Joan Rivers sad

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by eyeview: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is a woman who at her age should have drawn closer to her maker but she instead uses her show to make derogatory statement against God and Jesus christ. A woman who at her age should have been contented with her looks after countless plastic surgeries,but she keep subjecting herself to more plastic and enhancing surgeries. Its sad that she never made it alive from this last one, its sadder that she died at the peak of vanity. It would be saddest if she didn't make peace with that God she fondly mocked while her other vain friends and transgenders laughed.
I would have said Rest in Peace but I would be lying if she didn't know God.

225 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nooooo!!!!!!!!!
The only reason I watch Fashion Police .....
Kostiopo...warefa and that purple haired peacock-y lady are just not enough motivation.. And Giulliana is not always around..

RIP to the dead. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by olusenny: 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP Joan
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by kreamidiva(f): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
eyeview: This is a woman who at her age should have drawn closer to her maker but she instead uses her show to make derogatory statement against God and Jesus christ. A woman who at her age should have been contented with her looks after countless plastic surgeries,but she keep subjecting herself to more plastic and enhancing surgeries. Its sad that she never made it alive from this last one, its sadder that she died at the peak of vanity. It would be saddest if she didn't make peace with that God she fondly mocked while her other vain friends and transgenders laughed.

Chai!!!!! Maybe she didn't know that "there is God in everything we do".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP joan Rivers!

Fashion police will not remain dsame without you

sad

Buh all theses celebs can now rest peacefully and they can put on d dresses she has yabbed to her funeral

RIP again

5 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by kreamidiva(f): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
tchidi: Nooooo!!!!!!!!!
The only reason I watch Fashion Police .....
[b]Kostiopo...warefa and that purple haired peacock-y lady [/b]are just not enough motivation.. And Giulliana is not always around..

RIP to the dead. cry cry cry

Lol at the bolded .... this lady sef.
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by angelTI(f): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP Joan...
She holds the award for enhancing every part of her body

I will miss fashion police without her...

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by lafredo(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP mama fashion
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Symphony007: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wow!! Just last week she made a joke on fashion police "this dress is as pale as the flowers on kasey kasims grave"...would she have believed if anyone told her then that soon she will be joining kasey kasim?...RIP!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by luvinhubby(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
eyeview: This is a woman who at her age should have drawn closer to her maker but she instead uses her show to make derogatory statement against God and Jesus christ. A woman who at her age should have been contented with her looks after countless plastic surgeries,but she keep subjecting herself to more plastic and enhancing surgeries. Its sad that she never made it alive from this last one, its sadder that she died at the peak of vanity. It would be saddest if she didn't make peace with that God she fondly mocked while her other vain friends and transgenders laughed.
Very sensible post.

45 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Bisjosh(f): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
How I love her program....
Fashion Police can never be the same again sad

2 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Airforce1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Symphony007: Wow!! Just last week she made a joke on fashion police "this dress is as pale as the flowers on kasey kasims grave" ...would she have believed if anyone told her then that soon she will be joining kasey kasim?...RIP!!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by nepp(f): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
cry
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Jibwillz: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
Suddenly every1 loves joan rivers now... Hypocrites 😞😞😞

21 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by nepp(f): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2014

Na wa for you o! undecided

Africans; ruining moments since 10BC

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by DonaldGenes(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
Cc all manners of comments

Fashion Police won't be the same again with her exit...So sad man..

I don't know who's gonna replace her and I think nobody can ever anchor the FP like her....

Como te vas a ir!!!

It is like she knew she was gonna die and here is her message she left

Melissa and her mother Joan Rivers... Heard they were so closed.. Am crying like seriously

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by steffans(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
sad..
tomorrow people that Dont know Joan Rivers will come out shouting RIP to the musician or gone to soon cry cry cry cry cry...

19 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by nikkyshyne(f): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
So sad. Never knew it would get to me like this. I have abused you countless times. I am so sorry Joan. So very sorry. Rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by BlackPeni5: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
It's a pity...may she RIP.

Fashion Police Don end be that...

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
MAY HER SOUL RIPsad
FASHION POLICE WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT HERsad

She died doing
what she loved, having surgery
performed on herlipsrsealed

COINCIDENCE:Joan Rivers was born 1933...
Today is Beyoncé' 33rd
Birthday..... Beyonce is born
1981, Joan Rivers dies at 81shocked

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by freda506(f): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jesus Christ! RIP madam.

Oh dear, Fashion police would be empty without this lady. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2014

Please shut the hell up. Not everyone is a Christian. And for all we know, she died a happy woman at a ripe old age of 81! Not many Nigerians at that age are strong enough. So better keep hoping to last that long instead of hating on someone that people have come to like the world over, including those she disses on TV!

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by kocvalour(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
"I blame my mother for my poor sex life," went one of her jokes. "All she told me was 'the man goes on top
and the woman underneath.' For three years my
husband and I slept in bunk beds."

RIP

73 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Check Out The Most Expensive Nigerian Wedding Of 2014 / D'banj: I Signed Davido With Rolex Wristwatch In 2014 (Video) / Ubi Franklin Poses With Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.