Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Joan Rivers Is Dead - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joan Rivers Is Dead (37016 Views)

Joan Rivers Is Dead / SAD NEWS: 81 Yr Old Comedian, Joan Rivers Is Dead / Breaking News!!!! Joan Rivers Is Dead!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by dabrake(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
dhammyg: MAY HER SOUL RIPsad
FASHION POLICE WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT HERsad

She died doing
what she loved, having surgery
performed on herlipsrsealed

COINCIDENCE:Joan Rivers was born 1933...
Today is Beyoncé' 33rd
Birthday..... Beyonce is born
1981, Joan Rivers dies at 81shocked

Una don start

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
sugaarbear: omg i cant believe shes gone
Me too. Andrew Madoff died yesterday(the son of the famous Ponzi scheme mastermind).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by beryl04(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
“My gay fans have been wonderful from day one,” she says. “I remember when I was working at the Duplex in Greenwich Village in New York at the beginning of my career and the only ones who would laugh at my jokes were the gay guys. I think if I had started out in straight clubs and bars I never would’ve gotten anywhere.”
“Even today,” she adds, “when I’m on tour I always know if I get eight gay men in the front row it’s going to be a great show. Maybe it’s just me and I know they’re going to laugh at what I’d laugh at, but when my gays are in the audience it’s always a good time.”- Joan Rivers
Rip ma'am

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Vikkiboi(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
am i the only lastma here? i dnt even know who joan rivers is talkless of know what fashion police is.

pls if you are in my category, kindly holla and let me know am not alone.

RIP joan rivers

2 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Idowuogbo(f): 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mzjhulz: Fashion Police won't be d same without her
RIP Joan Rivers sad
I agree cry

Adieu mama sad

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by jaymdee(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Now people will start dressing anyhow :-( RIP RIVERS.

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by shizzleStar: 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Oh well i know nothing about her religious inclination but what i do know is that she is loved by most in the entertainment circle for her great sense of creative and well constructed humour which she does effortlessly. FP will and can NEVER be the same again without her. Remember how she often refers to Giulliana Rancic as my girl cos she's so fond if her and I'm sure Giuliana will sorely miss her.

Although i never knew she was 81 until i saw last week when reported that she was in critical condition. She had this look, passion and energy that defied her very advanced age that you would think she's in her 60's(thanks to surgery).

FP will defo lose plenty of its flavor, tough task for Giuliana, Terrence Jenkins and co. All in all, Joan Rivers had a very rewarding and fulfilling career and died at a very ripe age that most of us can only wish we would live up to.

RIP to her.

4 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Kaydz(m): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
eyeview: This is a woman who at her age should have drawn closer to her maker but she instead uses her show to make derogatory statement against God and Jesus christ. A woman who at her age should have been contented with her looks after countless plastic surgeries,but she keep subjecting herself to more plastic and enhancing surgeries. Its sad that she never made it alive from this last one, its sadder that she died at the peak of vanity. It would be saddest if she didn't make peace with that God she fondly mocked while her other vain friends and transgenders laughed.
I would have said Rest in Peace but I would be lying if she didn't know God.
This again?? You see, everyone is entitled to their beliefs. This is a woman who made a lot of people laugh, who to a very large extent lived her life to the fullest without the simplest instrument of pretence or hypocrisy, I don't know what one can achieve more than that, Ok, you are a christian, she is not, she has had a lot of plastic surgeries, you haven't, does that make you any more of a human than she is??If there are gods and the gods are just and fair, I think they would rather judge you by the impact your life has on others and not by the mere proclamation of some mundane beliefs or by the number of cosmetic surgeries you have had. These days it is you people that make the judgement on behalf of God, una just dey talk anyhow

13 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by cold(m): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
eyeview: This is a woman who at her age should have drawn closer to her maker but she instead uses her show to make derogatory statement against God and Jesus christ. A woman who at her age should have been contented with her looks after countless plastic surgeries,but she keep subjecting herself to more plastic and enhancing surgeries. Its sad that she never made it alive from this last one, its sadder that she died at the peak of vanity. It would be saddest if she didn't make peace with that God she fondly mocked while her other vain friends and transgenders laughed.
At this juncture,it would be safe to say FUCĶ YOUR gOD! These religious bigots have a way of getting on someone's last nerve. Always trying to claim the moral high ground..sheesh!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
go to bed young man. What do you know about God. would you now judge on God's behalf? It is you who wallow in vanity + a generous scoop of self delusion. Sanctimonious church rat.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by darkjorse: 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Rest in peace Joan.... u will be missed
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by dreZilla(m): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
You did well maMM..... Many wish only a fraction of your wit, sense of humor and grace... RIP......
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kelly32:

Please get me right I have never said ''she will go to hell or not go to heaven'', but in reference to your point, making people laugh is NOT the essence of Life (again no offence to the lady). Sure in the course of life, we will make people laugh,but even if I spend my whole time in an exam hall making people laugh, will that Guarantee that I will pass that exam?

Also its the worry for my eternity that prompts me to talk more about it, and makes me drawing examples from the fact that 81 years to you might look like a lot or an achievement but believe me if its wasted, you will see the value of one hour and wish you had just an hour to correct it.

Mr Man, it's either you've been brainwashed by a religion introduced to you by the white men or you just don't understand what my point is all along.

Did the God you serve specifically come down to tell you why we pass through life? or did you have any knowledge of life prior to your being born? so what even makes you think you'll have knowledge of an after-life after death. Or you're basing same knowledge from a book that other religions have their different versions of. At least if I'm going for an exam, I would be told SPECIFICALLY the date, time, preparations to be made, etc BY THE LECTURER(S)/governing body of such an exam, and specifically, what I stand to gain.

Again, BY ALL MEANS, make people around BE HAPPY. The world would experience peace that way. Don't be selfish because religion wants you to be so. If there is a God and he (or she) allowed her to stay till 81 and still making waves with her selfless actions, then she must be doing something right.

Be happy. And make others happy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by MrCork: 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
BodyKiss:

How do you do this shît, how do you always succeed in making fôôl of yourself? lol. grin

...we jus suprise in London that u people no Juan rivers...irs shocking undecided

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by shizzleStar: 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
MrCork: ...huh?.. U people no juan rivers ther in Nigeria?.... Truss me, u people r advancing (no offense) angry
MrCork:
...we jus suprise in London that u people no Juan rivers...irs shocking undecided
corky joe never disappoints gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Richy4(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
God i remembered one of her fashion police on 31st December 2013 when she invited a seer on the show to know/ predict what is gonna happen in future.

The lady said she saw her daughter happy in 2014. with that statement, Joan made a mock cry that the reason her daughter could be happy was because she's gonna die in 2014

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by DonaldGenes(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
nikkyshyne: So sad. Never knew it would get to me like this. I have abused you countless times. I am so sorry Joan. So very sorry. Rest in peace.
Too late sha...Don't pity her..she's dons her cause and has gone home to be judge according to her works on earth.... Moralmofnthe story... Weep not for the dead
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
beryl04: “My gay fans have been wonderful from day one,” she says. “I remember when I was working at the Duplex in Greenwich Village in New York at the beginning of my career and the only ones who would laugh at my jokes were the gay guys. I think if I had started out in straight clubs and bars I never would’ve gotten anywhere.”
“Even today,” she adds, “when I’m on tour I always know if I get eight gay men in the front row it’s going to be a great show. Maybe it’s just me and I know they’re going to laugh at what I’d laugh at, but when my gays are in the audience it’s always a good time.”- Joan Rivers
Rip ma'am

Mheeen I even love her more with this alone

2 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by falcao2018: 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP

rattlesnake: BREAKING:

Legendary comedian Joan Rivers has died at the age of 81

DETAILS COMING
Comedy icon Joan Rivers has died due to complications from a vocal cord procedure, her daughter confirmed in a statement. "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers," she said. Rivers went into cardiac arrest during surgery on August 28 and was put on life support shortly thereafter. She was 81 when she died.
Today, Rivers is best known for hosting E!'s Fashion Police and making jokes at the expense of celebrities (herself included), but her career as a comedian spans decades. She started appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1965 and was a regular guest host and writer by the early eighties, publicly crediting Carson — whom she considered her mentor — for her career. She was known for being a boundary-pushing comedian from the outset, joking about sex and marriage and abortion ("My friend has had 14 appendectomies, if you know what I mean"wink.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/a30673/joan-rivers-dies-at-81/?visibilityoverride&src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1440_85337635
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Airforce1: tis a good thing she died a fulfilled woman

May her soul rest in perfect peace
Yea may her soul rest in peace... Hope other ladies learn to leave a fulfilled life like her.
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Forwetinnah: 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Waaaooooooh!!! Chai but the woman been get mouth die. Make she RIP o!!
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by AriDsexy(f): 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
What oooo??
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Rip Joan Rivers. I am still in a state of shock even though I know she had been induced in a coma for days now and may never have come out of iy cry
I hope they cancel Fashion Police and not bring a replacement. No one can possibly fill her shoes and the dynamics with a new person would just be wrong.
Sleep on Joan.
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by londoner: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Joan was seriously funny, most of the time while also being very controversial/brutally honest.

In life, I believe she did it "her way"......Right up to the end. I did not agree with some of her latest comments, but I think she was fearless and knew who she was at an early age.

Nobody can be perfect, but we all must grab life with both hands. I believe Joan did that consistently.

RIP Joan.

2 Likes

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by shizzleStar: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dymondgurl: ok, for starters, do u know who joan rivers is? If u do, then u will know were am coming from. By d way, I quoted someone's post so why don't u go to d post I quoted, den try to comprehend wat I posted. Capiche?
Kapish
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by ayaayoola: 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kelly32:

Please think deep and wide about what this person said before asking him or her to shut up. The fact still remains that you and I where not there to be really sure she died a happy woman (May her soul rest in peace and no offence or judgement meant to the Lady) but the matter here is eternity not her happiness and may I use this opportunity to inform you that, even if the whole world likes you, that in itself is not a guarantee that God is pleased with you. Please think about this.
re u God y don't u let baba Godey to do dat tinking and save urself d saliva hmmmm. dis lyf is all abt positive or negative side so either of d one u fall into u and only urself will bear d cross nobody shall bear ur cross for u hmmmm. abeg make d woman go rest. rivers

1 Like

Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
The movie stuff...#JoanRivers
AriDsexy:
What oooo??
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Vincad: 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
NOOOO! This is really hard to believe,all the same RIP.
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by dasphinx1(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
She is the only reason i watch E! R.I.P ma'am cry
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by continentalceo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP Joan!
Re: Joan Rivers Is Dead by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
RIP ma'am! Finally plastic surgery don end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Davido "Bought" A Private Jet !!! - Check His Reply / D'banj: I Signed Davido With Rolex Wristwatch In 2014 (Video) / Check Out The Most Expensive Nigerian Wedding Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.