Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe (24678 Views)

What Is This Notorious Itchy Plant Called In Your Language? / An Igbo Sacred Plant / Blaming It On The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Have you ever had an encounter with Werepe? I'm sure there wont be any need to describe it if you have grin

For those of you who have not, GOOD FOR YOU. If sprayed on you, you would go naked in less than a second - scratching and crying at the sametime.

God save you if you go take a shower - you'd go to hell and back.

Several yrs ago, some guy sprayed me with it during some school's Inter-house sports activities cos I was talking to some girl who wouldnt date him. The rest of the story is left to your imagination - I scratched blood out of my skin and still had to get out of my clothes.

_______

Share ur stories,
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by nana(f): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
LMAO! Sorry oh!
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2008
ur laughing abi? you have no idea!!
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by nana(f): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2008
kokoye:

ur laughing abi? you have no idea!!
Lol,i actually have a clue. I attended a boarding school in 9ja and i once witnessed a girl that came in contact with one. She had to rub palm oil all over her body.

1 Like

Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
Very correct answer!!

That's the ONLY remedy. But then you start smelling like stew grin

1 Like

Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by nana(f): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2008
hehehehe
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by Dclique(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Lmao
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by Dclique(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Lmao,
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by Godalone(m): 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2008
Pls don't mention that name again "werepe" the devil(werepe) nearly killed me when i was in the secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by omoge(f): 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
my friends and I do have a large amout of it. beautifully grated and stored in a lynon bag. i was away and they used it on one of the girls they didn't like. we had plan to use it on the awon boyz. who said officers children ain't bad wink
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2008
Godalone:

please don't mention that name again "werepe" the devil(werepe) nearly killed me when i was in the secondary school.

Godalone, how did you come in contact with it?, share! grin

omoge:

my friends and I do have a large amout of it. beautifully grated and stored in a lynon bag. i was away and they used it on one of the girls they didn't like. we had plan to use it on the awon boyz. who said officers children ain't bad wink

You girls were mean back then, especially those thast went to boarding schools. My 11-old cousin moving to naija from zurich then attended FGGC akure - she came back from school after her very first break and stared chasing live snakes all over the place! She said she used to sleep with them in school.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by Godalone(m): 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
It is not good to plan evil for another person,one of my senior maltreated me,to me it was unjustly but now i know that the guy was right.I called my friend that we should go and look for werepe and apply it on his chair.We got the werepe ready but it was late so i have to take it home so that i can use it the second day.I mistakenly put it on my bed and slept over it.I naked myself jumping up and down until my mama rub palm oil all over my body.It took me 3 days before the thing left because i had fever immediately.If you say We, before you complete it i have covered a kilometer.

7 Likes

Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2008
I'm cracking up here. cheesy cheesy
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by omoge(f): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2008
true devil bean is muah smiley. is it true that palm oil help to reduce the itch?

kokoye, awon omo soja won bad gan gan ni smiley

werepe is just harmless grin
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
I dated an omo soja o, she she was a very very very sweet girl back then. actually my first love.

So omoge, I dont know where ur own evil came from o, abi you grew up in the barracks ni??
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by omoge(f): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2008
am a very sweet chic  wink. i mix with them to have articles for the school board smiley (the gossip colum)  grin grin
at school, you got to meet people some good some bad. i have a strict parents so there are boundaries. so i no get 10 head grin
I'm where i am today because of my good nature.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
You deserve some fresh werepe (not dried up yet!) for ur good nature then. grin

the dried up werepe is the evil one - like the omo sojas

No use am do evil work o
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by ifyalways(f): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
is it the bean or the leaf that is bad
don't even think i know it,any pictures? tongue grin
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2008
Have you seen a beans pod b4? the pod contains several beans grains.

Werepe is like that only bigger. The dried up ones are hairy.

The 'hairs' are the main culprits.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by A40(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
I used it on some girls in High School planted it on their seats it was a funny sight seeing the girls itch their skins out grin grin we didn't get caught although every single boy in our set got whooped because no one agreed to snitch
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by kokoye(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
The evil that men do will continue to chase them all over the place - even across the sea.

A-40 no worry o. Your own turn dey come.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by A40(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
kokoye:

The evil that men do will continue to chase them all over the place - even across the sea.

A-40 no worry o. Your own turn dey come.
Comot for here jare tongue tongue it was just a high school prank
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by pheesayor(m): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2008
Godalone:

It is not good to plan evil for another person,one of my senior maltreated me,to me it was unjustly but now i know that the guy was right.I called my friend that we should go and look for werepe and apply it on his chair.We got the werepe ready but it was late so i have to take it home so that i can use it the second day.I mistakenly put it on my bed and slept over it.I naked myself jumping up and down until my mama rub palm oil all over my body.It took me 3 days before the thing left because i had fever immediately.If you say We, before you complete it i have covered a kilometer.
lmfao
una no go kill person for here
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by TOYOSI20(f): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2008
Sounds like Warapa tongue
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by SeanT21(f): 12:57am On Nov 01, 2008
What is it?

Show us some Pics?

Can it be found in Liberia?
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by A40(m): 2:10am On Nov 01, 2008
@Toyosi
Werepe is different from Warapa i think Warapa is a disease Werepe is a plant
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by bintab(f): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2008
I remembered adding some dried ones to our neighbour's bath water while in primary school.Myself and my younger sisters were testing the effect and it happened we targeted this guy who was always over protective about his compound and won't allowed we children to play. He was scratching like hell even though he already had palm oil paste all over him ,he came to report us to our father.We did denied the allegations ,because my papa fit kill us .hey sha we teach him a big lesson.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by TOYOSI20(f): 2:37am On Nov 03, 2008
@ A-40

Thanks for clarifying. . . . . .just realized Warapa can be described as Epilepsy.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by omoelenia: 9:47pm On May 28, 2010
Looks something like this, but I seem to remeber the pods being a bit darker in colour.

Mucuna pruriens Leguminosae
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by Tampinu(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone know what the English name for "Werepe" is?

Please advise. cool
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by xreal: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
omoge:
awon omo soja won bad gan gan ni

kokoye:

I dated an omo soja o, she she was a very very very sweet girl
. . . you were lucky. grin

kokoye:

You deserve some fresh werepe (not dried up yet!) for your good nature then. grin

the dried up werepe is the evil one - like the omo sojas
wetin omo soja do una, do u expect omo soja to be dull? Imposicant.
Re: Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe by pcicero(m): 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
where can i get this werepe? Don't think its available so cheaply like in those days

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language / Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.