Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,959 members, 7,803,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food (21364 Views)

Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees / The Best Dental Clinic In Ikeja (lagos Mainland)? / Best Dental Clinic In Lagos, Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by mcocolok(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOmgHUI0aQ

Video has emerged of Liberian ebola clinic workers dressed in contamination suits chasing an escaped patient through the streets after he left a treatment centre to visit a market.

There were chaotic scenes as crowds followed infected man, who was wearing a wristband to show he had tested positive for the disease, and some stallholders argued with him as he approached.

The patient escaped from Monrovia's Elwa hospital, which last month was so crowded with cases of the deadly disease that it had to turn people away.

One woman at the scene said: "The patients are hungry, they are starving. No food, no water.

"The government needs to do more. Let Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf [the President of Liberia] do more."

Onlookers cheered as health workers arrived in their protective outfits and try to convince the patient to give himself up.[size=8pt][/size]

The man, who shows no outward signs of the diarrhoea and bleeding that the virus causes, refuses to return with the health workers and they eventually grab him and carry him away to a waiting ambulance.

At least 1,552 people have been killed by the current ebola outbreak, with 3,062 patients infected overall, according to the latest figures from the World Health Organization.

There has been widespread panic buying, a shortage of staple foods and severe prices in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia since movement restrictions were imposed to stop the spread of the virus.

At one market stall in Liberia, a nation which has suffered 694 fatalities so far, the price of cassava skyrocketed by 150% in a matter of days.

And despite the UN's World Food Programme launching an emergency operation to get 65,000 tonnes of supplies sent to deprived areas, many patients in quarantined areas are starving.

To compound the problem, labour shortages are expected in all three West African countries, weeks before the main harvesting season for maize and rice begins.

The production of other crops such as rubber, palm oil and cocoa could also be seriously affected, sending thousands of vulnerable people further into poverty.

Vincent Martin of the FAO added: "Even prior to the ebola outbreak, households in some of the affected areas were spending up to 80% of their incomes on food.

"Now these latest price spikes are effectively putting food completely out of their reach."

The UN agency has warned that more than 20,000 people could be infected with ebola before the outbreak comes to an end.

Source: http://news.sky.com/story/1328891/ebola-patient-flees-clinic-in-search-for-food

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by borie4u(m): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2014
huh! y d police man no near d patient.funny indeed
yeeee! am on front page? **tear shirt n boxers and run into my landlord's wife room**

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by ilugunn(m): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Now to have AIDS is like having Malaria. Thank goodness for our lives!

14 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by mcocolok(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2014
The fear of EBola is indeed the beginning of WISDOM.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by uken73(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
This is serious.
Mods, seun, mukina2, obinoscopy doesn't this deserve front page?
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hehehehehe
This is hillarious
And at the same time i feel for the man
It shall be well

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by justi4jesu(f): 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin grin grin This is so funny...lwkmh

1 Like

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by cofta(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Omo... this one serious ohhhh..... LWKMD ...............Mods i think this deserve FP....
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
no comment

1 Like

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by mcocolok(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
The Matter tire me ohhhh
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
man must waack nah
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by sheffyUTD(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
[/quote] One woman at the scene said: "The patients are hungry, they are starving. No food, no water. [quote]

God Almighty! So they were taken there just to die. What are they treating

This is not funny. So pathetic.

15 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Ksslib(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
lwkmd! Rotflmfao!
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by justi4jesu(f): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ksslib: lwkmd! Rotflmfao!

I can't help laughing at the video uptil now..

1 Like

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Ksslib(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
justi4jesu:

I can't help laughing at the video uptil now..
The pic alone says alot! grin
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by priscaoge(f): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hunger alone might even kill them before d Ebola,Y can't they provide food 4 them instead of living them to die of starvation. This is too bad.

9 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by hatux: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lmao... grin grin
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Lilimax(f): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Na wao! Ebola + huger = sharp death.
They should provide food for the quarantined patients;
who knows they may overcome the disease. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
Can you imagine the pains of knowing that you are dying and you are also terribly hungry?? Nobody on earth wants to die with an empty stomach. Thats better left unimagined

29 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by justi4jesu(f): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
himkers: Can you imagine the pains of knowing that you are dying and you are also terribly hungry?? Nobody on earth wants to die with an empty stomach. Thats better left unimagined

Am telling you. cry

13 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hunger no worse pass wetin dey do am now.
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by rill: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hunger dey kill pass ebola
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by constance500: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is serious o
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Gflat: 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
After seeing this? Did the government think that other infected peeps will wanna come join the "hunger camp" I don't think so angry

After lots of treatments, injections and beingv turned into a lab rat still no food....

Many will rather die in isolation in their toilet than going to that God forsaking place....

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by Neduzze5(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
hmm
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by sage2(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
No be ebola wey me I dey hear about here for naija dey worry dem, if you ask me.
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by FranckJay: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Only in africa that's where u hear about stories like this. By the way don't they feed them there. Bcus they are ebola patients dosent mean they don't have to eat

1 Like

Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by CharlieMaria(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eiya are they not feeding them ?
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by datguru: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
angry angry
Re: Ebola Patient Flees Clinic In Search For Food by LMAyedun(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Na wah oooo!
It's sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! / Info On Effective Rat Killer / Blood In Stool For Years; Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.