Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts (16831 Views)

DMO Releases States External Debts As At Dec 31st 2015 / Pomo’ Consumption Hurting Nigeria’s $3bn Hides/skin Industry / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Suarezilla(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2014
Absolutely none of my bizness...why shud I care when I didn't benefit from such money? MmmtTeeewww cry
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by juman(m): 7:13am On Sep 05, 2014
ifyalways:

What are they currently building in Lagos?

VGC pedestrain bridge,abandoned!
Ajah express,abandoned!
Lekki sea and airport,abandoned!

Please,what capital intensive work is currently going on in Lagos state ? Where does the taxpayers money go to?

Ogbanje Lagos.I love and live at Lagos, oni ogbanje. cheesy

Without doubt gov. fashola has performed well. He has done many infrastructure development.

Those housing estates commissioned, bridges constructed etc were not built by spending stones but money.

Daily running of lagos alone consume a lot of money.

Of course we still have many complains, we expect them (apc) to perform better. They should borrow big money to pursue their programmes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by cole265(m): 7:16am On Sep 05, 2014
Up Lagos! Lagos leads, others following... (Eni nla ni se nkan nla)
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Tonylyte(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2014
raumdeuter:

How much do these states generate internally and whats the population
Are u saying if we combine 4 states they wount do better than lagos in those areas u mentioned? Are u aware of the fact that if we go by mathematical calculation, 4 states out of the 35 states wount spend up to 35% of the remaining external debt?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2014
It is APC's destiny to sell Nigeria to worldbank, imf and other foreign loan lenders.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by kernel504(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2014
olushowunm: Most people here are getting the news wrong. First, for Lagos, its an healthy loan, because Lagos currently have over N450billion ($2.8125billion) which is healthy. Do most people compare Lagos to Plateau, they are not the same pedestal as Lagos is thirsty for growth and also with huge revenue potential. Do you expect a place like plateau waiting for federal allocation and some meagre IGR from Nabisco and Grand Cereals to take $1b debt? Who will give them? Not in this world!

Common sense, why will the state worth $450 billion, go borrow $2.8 billion, when non of them is interest free.
I don't like getting involved when it comes to partisan politics, but truly APC states got it all wrong.
Secondly, I don't think you understand the meaning of $450 billion, not even Nigerian annual budget is upto that amount, please correct yourself, thanks.

N O T E: Lagos state generated N237 billion not dollars last year, not even N450 billion, check lagos state official site.
Russian federation have there total trade last year, at around $450 billion in a whole year, now your making people believe Lagos as a state generates the same amount with Russia as a country, hahahaah am laughing in Congo.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by chucky234(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2014
raumdeuter: Since Lagos houses 1/3 of Nigerias fresh graduates

Lagos infrastructure would continue to be stretched when some people cant stay in their region

thus the need to borrow.

Fashola needs to deploy more babaloja out to increase market levies in Alaba, Computer village, Trade fair, Ladipo and Aswani etc

You cant be living in Lagos and enjoying its benefit for free
Joke of the decade

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Tonylyte:
Normal for a state out the 36 states to owe over 30% of the countries external debt, right? If it was bayelsa, enugu, anambra, cross river or delta state, would u say the same? Apc, bloody hypocrites.

truly I like APC but read my comment again before u start blabbing nd moreover I'm not really into politics dat much
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by anonimi: 7:28am On Sep 05, 2014

Lagos infrastructure would continue to be stretched when some people cant stay in their region

thus the need to borrow.

Fashola needs to deploy more babaloja out to increase market levies in Alaba, Computer village, Trade fair, Ladipo and Aswani etc

Why are some of us so CLUELESS and leave ourselves open to ABUSE and being treated as MUMUs by these state governors
Why?

- Fash'Ole collects $2 billion IGR from the big population in Lagos already.
- We are not even told the amount of INTERNAL local naira denominated debt to CONTRACTORS and Nigerian banks.
- Yet the Akotileta [Prodigal son] cannot boast of any meaningful COMPLETED infrastructure to account for all these gbese [debts] and revenue [IGR & Federal allocation from Niger Delta oil]. Even ordinary TAP water he cannot provide after over 15 years of progreTHIEF government such that Lagosians are drinking their own sh'it in the borehole water from the same compound with SEPTIC SOAKAWAY tanks despite the dangerous health hazards angry shocked
-No wonder he dragged SERAP to court when they asked for details of the World Bank loan for schools based on the FoI law shocked

No wonder the two state Commissioners for Finance and Information went AWOL rather than clarify the debt question to the journalist.

Anyway Jimi Agbaje has to take his personal security very seriously so that he is not brutally murdered like Funsho Williams in 2006 as these JagaBandits have a lot to cover up now in 2014 as it was back then angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2014

thus the need to borrow.

and you are fashola's senior special adviser on media and nairaland affairs?

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by poiZon: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2014
olushowunm: Most people here are getting the news wrong. First, for Lagos, its an healthy loan, because Lagos currently have over N450billion ($2.8125billion) which is healthy. Do most people compare Lagos to Plateau, they are not the same pedestal as Lagos is thirsty for growth and also with huge revenue potential. Do you expect a place like plateau waiting for federal allocation and some meagre IGR from Nabisco and Grand Cereals to take $1b debt? Who will give them? Not in this world!

bro am against borrowing, cos once u borrow u become a slave to the borrower. and lagos boast of 17billion naira worth of IGR EVery month which amounts to 204 billion per annum in addition wth their monthly allocation from fed govt, why borrow to build roads that leads to nowhere, even a good banker will tell u dont borrow to start a busness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by texaco1: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2014
how can a sensible person reason like this for goodness sake? This is totally disgusting and annoying. Nigeria is in deep shit if some people still think like this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Tonylyte(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Khaynet:

truly I like APC but read my comment again before u start blabbing nd moreover I'm not really into politics dat much
Read my reply to u again. Bw, u dnt have to tell me your love for apc, u never told me be4 i called you one of their kind....by their(Your) hypocritic write-ups we know them(you).

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 05, 2014
juman:

Without doubt gov. fashola has performed well. He has done many infrastructure development.

Those housing estates commissioned, bridges constructed etc were not built by spending stones but money.

Of course we still have many complains, we expect them (apc) to perform better. They should borrow big money to pursue their programmes.
and mortgage our generations? my friend do you know the Genesis of the last recession that hit the US?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2014
Tonylyte:
Read my reply to u again. Bw, u dnt have to tell me your love for apc, u never told me be4 i called you one of their kind....by their(Your) hypocritic write-ups we know them(you).

u so dumb to understand simple comment
I rest my case
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Tripleclick(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2014
Let them as mr,peter obi how he cleard anambra state debts,, Anambra is too much!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by poiZon: 7:45am On Sep 05, 2014
juman:

abeg hw much is lagos state budget for 2014? hw much is their monthly allocation? for IGR ATleast am aware of between 17billion n 19billion every mnth. will show u why states dont need to borrow n why politics has taken over governance in the country.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Tonylyte(m): 7:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Khaynet:

u so dumb to understand simple comment
I rest my case
I'll have to become a phool to understand you, but it is so unfortunate to u that i am not a phool and i can not pretend to be one..my phoolishness is your highest rhelm of wisdom...progress-thief fellow.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by stinggy(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2014
Nashoji: eko obaje oooo abi na eko oni ogbanje ooooo.
How you think this is funny baffles me. I mean what you wrote - does it sound well reading it?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by beey2(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2014
msmon: As instigated Don Ojugo Tinubu!

The last time I checked Fashola is the State Governor d4 if u are pained by any of d policy executed hold him responsible 4 it not Tinubu. If APC is d prob let's vote them out.

That is what Nigerians should also do if pained by any of FG action or inaction (hold GEJ responsible) and not trying to find excuses that are not tenable. If PDP is the prob let's vote them out.

It is time to make our rulers (not Leaders) accountable and responsible. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Tonylyte:
I'll have to become a phool to understand you, but it is so unfortunate to u that i am not a phool and i can not pretend to be one..my phoolishness is your highest rhelm of wisdom...progress-thief fellow.
*yawns*
I thought maturity was a matter of age but now I know better

1 Like

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by juman(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2014
olrotimi: and mortgage our generations? my friend do you know the Genesis of the last recession that hit the US?

The recession was not caused by their level of indebtness but out of mismanagement of economy.

nigeria need to borrow hundreds of billion of dollars to be a first class country.

Check the link below about countries external national debt.

http://www.aneki.com/debt.html?number=100
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Ifewilshere(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Those shouting APC states they owe money. If them no borrow am, no be una PDP go chop am finish!!! mtschew!
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by olushowunm(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2014
kernel504:

Common sense, why will the state worth $450 billion, go borrow $2.8 billion, when non of them is interest free.
I don't like getting involved when it comes to partisan politics, but truly APC states got it all wrong.
Secondly, I don't think you understand the meaning of $450 billion, not even Nigerian annual budget is upto that amount, please correct yourself, thanks.

N O T E: Lagos state generated N237 billion not dollars last year, not even N450 billion, check lagos state official site.
. I don't know where to start again, because I don't understand your comment, is it the Naira/$ conversion or the partisan politics palava. And I don't remember where I mentioned APC nor PDP here. Is Kaduna state a APC state? Then about the figures, whether IGR is N237billion, or N450billion, its clear they have revenue potential. But my own state just zoomed to N6b/month from N730m from last administration. So our Governor can borrow more money because of its increased revenue! So read my comment very well. Thanks.
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Ifewilshere(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2014
ifyalways:

What are they currently building in Lagos?

VGC pedestrain bridge,abandoned!
Ajah express,abandoned!
Lekki sea and airport,abandoned!

Please,what capital intensive work is currently going on in Lagos state ? Where does the taxpayers money go to?

Ogbanje Lagos.I love and live at Lagos, oni ogbanje. cheesy
You must be living in Yakahuhu

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by olushowunm(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2014
texaco1: how can a sensible person reason like this for goodness sake? This is totally disgusting and annoying. Nigeria is in deep shit if some people still think like this
. And you just displayed the highest height of ignorance, because you never made any point but a personal attack. So come up with your opinion and let's weigh it in public court of opinions and let's see who have a superior argument.
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by agitator: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
fx45:
The same stale news all the time... And yet U call Urself sensible

bros small small abeg, which kind upper cut be dis early mormor grin grin grin
make dem no look for you, on top attempted murder accusation. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by olushowunm(m): 8:08am On Sep 05, 2014
poiZon:

bro am against borrowing, cos once u borrow u become a slave to the borrower. and lagos boast of 17billion naira worth of IGR EVery month which amounts to 204 billion per annum in addition wth their monthly allocation from fed govt, why borrow to build roads that leads to nowhere, even a good banker will tell u dont borrow to start a busness.
. I understand your fears but in this modern age, we have a lot of projects that needs to be done and there is ever increasing supplies of cheap moneys. The government will always be happy to access these cheap sources of credit. It is easy to leverage on your potential to get things done faster!
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2014
stinggy:
How you think this is funny baffles me. I mean what you wrote - does it sound well reading it?
you expected me to do what then? OK, I should have been shouting APC and PDP like others ryt. bros abeg jejely pack well, no be send fashola go borrow money.
Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by msmon(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2014
pelvicky: Wats wrong with this APC STATES, same here in osun state under rauf aregbesola administration....Borrowing money and money as if their is no tomorrow....debtors party.

I need to make it clear I'm a no-party man but we have to face the fact because it's obvious; debts is peculair to all APC states as u rightly said but the most upsetting things is that they castigate PDP govt especially on debt before they assume office, @least I know of that of Ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by kernel504(m): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2014
olushowunm: . I don't know where to start again, because I don't understand your comment, is it the Naira/$ conversion or the partisan politics palava. And I don't remember where I mentioned APC nor PDP here. Is Kaduna state a APC state? Then about the figures, whether IGR is N237billion, or N450billion, its clear they have revenue potential. But my own state just zoomed to N6b/month from N730m from last administration. So our Governor can borrow more money because of its increased revenue! So read my comment very well. Thanks.

I don't play party politics,ok? Multiply N6 billion into 12 places, it doesn't come near $2.6 dollars, which runs into trillion naira.
Engage me into something substantial, or rather use your calculator.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts by msmon(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2014

Oh! See Economist, you call this healthy loan when the cost of servicing the loan is almost as much as the loan itself when it's cumulative. Abeg Park well!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity / 1.7 Billion Donation: President Buhari Has Secured 12 Million Votes - BMO / Governor Oyetola Appoints Adeniyi Francis Adesina As Chief Press Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.