Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46773 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by RedEboe(m): 5:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.

Most devoted/diehard Psquare fans feel the same way too, but many will not say a word; some keep on replaying Ejeajo, hoping the song will eventually grow on them...its not happening.

Psquare has released its first major flop and the inclusion of American rapper T.I will not save them this time around.

The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?

167 Likes 17 Shares

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by johnwizey: 5:29am On Sep 05, 2014
We are on the same side on this. The video is rubbish, the song no sweet sef. When I downloaded the video and showed it to a friend he merely asked me to forward it to TI's part. I think they are loosing it and they should try and go back to the old Psquare we knew. They should try and be original and not try to sound like one foreign artist.

41 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by quinnboy: 6:07am On Sep 05, 2014
This one na ur own mind Oº°ºooOº°ºoo no be jealousy or hatred b4 some people begin dey make noise for ur honest church mind.

14 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by edo3(m): 6:15am On Sep 05, 2014
D video no dey different from Do me video. Whack!

6 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Smartlux(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2014
seriously o,, but wait a minute.... T.I try na lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Elnino4ladies: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2014
D song is borin..i luv TI part tho...

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by yuzjet(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Hmmmmm! Ur opinions ni yen ☺º°˚˚°ºo

As long as it is Psquare, there's always something unique about their music. And, I'll still choose them over some other lacklustres Nigerian music.

They only want to let American know. And now, America don know! Shikena...

Edited...... I bet some people are suffering from a phobia dat hasn't been discovered yet. How could u condemned dis one unique video from one of the Unique African Artists

Just watched the video and it was a uniqueness @its best from the duo. A video dat both Jude Engees Okoye and Clarence Peters directed together.

@OP, tell us what's wrong with u?

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
We are used to it.#wack is there middle name

4 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Dreyl(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
They re busy making massive money with their craps while you are here hating,eating garri everyday,sorry for you.

66 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by natureblack(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Op really,anyway this is a P-Square bashing thread,so I've grabbed a front seat with my pop-corn to watch as P-Square-haters feast on this one pending when a counter-thread would pop-up.Then,the likes of D'bang,Wizkid,Sean-sizzle or May-D might be in the receiving end lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nairaland,a place where predictions come through tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chemystery: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
OP, Psquare are 9ja guys so allow them do their own thing in the 9ja way. Let them invade the America market any how it is. I tell you black americans and Africans over there are appreciating their effort. Seriously, you don't know what you have until you lose it. Let's promote our country whether they do it like the americans or not. For me, their style is unique and they are giving it out in the African way. I remember the past when Africa was no where in music but these days we hardly notice the american or foreign music cos we are getting great as well. They are really making us proud. Go boys and come back to share another testimony!

85 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by ggrin(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
It’s the weekend, uhn turn up
We’re gonna have some fun tonight,
yea
I don taste the money haba
So we can do whatever we like…ah
ah ah A

We go to U.S, Nigeria
Korea, Ghana, Peru
DJ turn it up
Wherever you are
We go bazooka, we super ah
We no dey tire eh yi
DJ turn it up
I like it yeah

We take it
All around the world
We take it
All around the world
You know we take it
All around the world
We take it
All around the world

I got the magic, ejeajo
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I know you got the magic ejeajo
Yeah yeah yeah
I got the magic, ejeajo
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I know you got the magic ejeajo
Yeah yeah yeah

Hey fellas
Yeah
Do you wanna get down?
Huhn uhn
Now lemme see you go low,low,low,low,low,low,low Add or

Hey Ladies
Yeah
You wanna get down?
Uh huhn
Yo shawty go low, low, low, low, low, low,low…..oh Add or View
Ex

keep on hatingangry

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by bigass(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its funny you Judged and condemned Psquare on just one song. To you because of this song Psquare's carrier finished and can never make it again. funnily, i like the song.

please do me a favour whenever you go to a club and they are playing chop my money, alingo, personally, testimony etc please sit down, dont dance just say in your mind its over for Psquare.

In essence your criticism was too absolute. your judged and condemned PSQAURE future relevance solely on one song. Next time criticize the song leave the musician.

Its like criticizing Russel Crow on the flop Film Noah and conclude.... his career is finshed

94 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Libkid(m): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
P-square singing rubbish since they started faking american accent

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by kelvinnn(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ejeajo is jst below average undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by kenbee(f): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
"joblessness" na him cause some one to come up with this piece of jargon when he can not even do a track that can break into his own street market.

Come back in few months time and do the song review. the latest three tracks are sure club bangers!

Haters will always do their job.

21 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Johnnoah1st: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
RedEboe: Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.

Most devoted/diehard Psquare fans feel the same way too, but many will not say a word; some keep on replaying Ejeajo, hoping the song will eventually grow on them...its not happening.

Psquare has released its first major flop and the inclusion of American rapper T.I will not save them this time around.

The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?
dis small kids of nairaland self, anytime dey manage load recharge card and mtn dash dem free mb, na to rush come nairaland come post trash, while forgetting to connect there brain with there hands before posting something on public forum.

38 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.

5 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by sirjohnson(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
I read that Peter Okoye used to sell Mangoes while Paul was an Electrician. Read their struggle story Here. I bet you will so much be touched

They have really come a long way.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by eemalex(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Na wa o
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Lanceslot(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
edo3: D video no dey different from Do me video. Whack!
Yea! It seems like they shoot the video @ same location... I saw the video last night and can't help but smh for them, the song is not too bad (5/10), but the video is damn whack.

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by hensben(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
ehen! tell me another story
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
Well... time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.