Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,934 members, 7,803,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46814 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by hensben(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun: Without bias I still believe Psquare is the best out of Naija. They have given other musician very big gap!
i disagree, tubaba is still the best nigeria artiste...psquare too dey copy copy but it work for them though

4 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by lightheart(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Spot on!

hensben: i disagree, tubaba is still the best nigeria artiste...psquare too dey copy copy but it work for them though
And if I now say Fela remains Naija's best nko?
My point, everyone's got their choice of a best.

4 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Lilimax(f): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Does the Okoye twins say they want to break into the US undecided.
Just asking...
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by bosun11(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
only TI ' part made sense..i even enjoyed "O set feat by psquare feat phyno " than this...IMO though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Abiagirl777(f): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hmm,u go fear analysis ontop another man's bussiness.
oP,ur talent na to analyse?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by losvemous: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
I guess it's a developmental strategy on their part. though not that I feel the song much, But as much as we their fans don't want to loose the regular genre they give us, they can't remain the same forever.

on replay mode, hopping the song will get me with time.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
TI's rap is the slowest rap I have heard in years. Disappointed with his part.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by mployer(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
Apart from sounding too American, I see nothing wrong in the video.

Btw, is their any crime in wanting to break barriers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by gbenga4sure(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
They wanna make the song like micheal jackson song.*in 9ice voice-photocopy ko easy*.Let them be theirself and not try to be like micheal jackson simply because they were priviledge to meet micheal jacksons family because of their single(personally)doesnt mean they should try been or doing like him.LET THEM BE THEMSELF AND THEY WILL SURELY GO HEIGHTS.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by RFella(m): 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
True word......they should knw entertainment is all about constant upgrading, else the more vibrant and upcoming ones"ll push u out of the market...pls where's Ruggedman grin
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
forget dbanj , his career is shitt if don jazzy is not in it . dbanj will soon start begging davido and wizkid for collabo. at least he can even buy songs like davido. dbanj abeg no die like dis . go back to papa.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by gbenga4sure(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
*in 9ice voice-photocopy o eazy.*nd faze voice*originality

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Calebosko(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
who post this poo I dey suspect say na becus u know him say him from naija,na him make u hate,if na jay zee sing am u for they jubilate,mind u i lov d song wela

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Asemo11(m): 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dreyl: They re busy making massive money with their craps while you are here hating,eating garri everyday,sorry for you.

thank God u called it crap

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by UNLEASHED(m): 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
I didn't bother watching the music video twice.
It's nonsense in the literal sense of it. They can feature 2 pac for all I care

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Niekan(m): 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wow this is long sha! Very long! And do u fink dey care if they break into US market!
As long as dey make it in alaba market guess would b fyn! I wuld! C brother timaya nw!

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Asemo11(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
melojames: M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.

even banki w

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iceberylin(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
W'll break in,that if we focus on real talents like
ASA not Wizkid(dude knows how to say nothing but rubbish)
in HIP HOP
Phenom not Olamide or Ice-prince

Nigerians loving rubbish since 1960

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by ochukoccna: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
RedEboe:

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.
African Booty scratchers embarassed embarassed
That is so mean and wicked grin grin

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Bryan12(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
Overhyped videos always turn out to be a flop.fact

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by lightheart(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
RFella: True word......they should knw entertainment is all about constant upgrading, else the more vibrant and upcoming ones"ll push u out of the market...pls where's Ruggedman grin

@ the bolded, Ruggedy Baba is still very much around. He did a massive collabo with EedrisAbdulkareem and MI off the new Jimmy Jatt's album. Baba still dey vibe.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Kezifils(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
The second I started playing the video is when I realised that the dance steps wia same as Personally, and had much resemblance to Do me and Taste the Money Video. T.I was the one gud tin in the video.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chibwike(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
At least have seen those guys personally and hung out with them....p-square are just humble talented guyz...doing their thing..op...leave dem alone

4 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by rattlesnake(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
They are trying to sell to america what amerclica dashed us
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
If u used to oldscul american rap music dats when ejeajo will appeal to u, if not u'll b lyk wat d hell r dese guys singing. The song makes sense. Try listen to ladies night (old scul song) u will get wat ejeajo is all about. The ejeajo is more lyk a remake of an old scul jam.

8 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Shehucom(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Leave those guys alone joor...Let them do their stuff, dat they are trying to imitate usher and d likes is non of or business. By the way we are succeeding as a nation becos we've been doing wat the whites does

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by rattlesnake(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: If u used to oldscul american rap music dats when ejeajo will appeal to u, if not u'll b lyk wat d hell r dese guys singing. The song makes sense. Try listen to ladies night (old scul song) u will get wat ejeajo is all about. The ejeajo is more lyk a remake of an old scul jam.
The song is a disgrace... P square should change n repent
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by hensben(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

I don't know where and how you arrived at your point, but what study has shown is that Psquare is presently the best out of Africa even in terms of music career. They equally the richest in Nigeria if not Africa. Stop this unnecessary tribal veiled arguments.
tribal wetin ..guy u nor just try for that word, i can tell you that 65% nigerians prefer tuface's music, 'grass to grace'album is evergreen.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
TuBaba is the only Nigerian art that keeps uping his game. Other ones keep recycling songs and videos. Till tomorrow i am still looking for a way to give back dat ejeajo video and collect my 24mb back. Still mournin that Mb eziokwu. MB wey i for use play Wordfeud n fighting words for a whole day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.