Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have (36317 Views)

I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / Man In Court, Says Wife Must Refund N1.4 Million He Spent To Marry Her / My Future Wife Must Be From The Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Wisdytech(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2014

A woman plays many roles in her life. She is a daughter, a wife and a mother. Every woman obviously wants to be a good daughter, a good wife and a good mother too. She has to give lots of love in order to be all these ‘goods’. But just love is not enough to be a good wife. Some skills and qualities are required to be a good wife and of course for a healthy marriage. My advice to all the housewives is to be a good wife and then expect your man to be a good husband! Also it’s easy to be in unconditional love in the earlier stages of a relationship but to continue your relationship with the same spark in the later years you need to do a lot of things. I dedicate this article to all the married women out there! Here are the qualities that a good wife must have.

10. Quit Nagging

There is a proverb that a nagging wife annoys like a constant dripping. I absolutely agree with that. Who doesn’t get annoyed by nagging? Nagging and complaining constantly may create an unwanted rift in your relationship. It can also become a vicious cycle forcing him to avoid you. This will definitely complicate the things between you and make them worse. How do you expect him to like you if he feels personally attacked by your nagging? Nagging doesn’t work, so just quit it. Ask him nicely and I bet that he’ll definitely consider what you are saying. Remember that a good wife doesn’t nag!

9. Look good, Charm him

Most women believe that it doesn’t matter how they look after marriage. But the truth is it definitely does matter. Married women tend to gain weight, become fat and lose their shape. Ladies, you have to take care that you look attractive even after marriage or else men can find their own way! So it is necessarily important that you captivate all his attention only on you. This will definitely keep him from cheating you. Husbands really love good looking wives. They will do anything to please them!

8. Be Unpredictable, Surprise him often

Even though there is an issue as to whether being unpredictable is a good thing in marriage or not, according to me it just spices up the relationship. Relationships get boring if they are too predictable. You just have to take care that the unpredictable things you do are not disturbing! Surprising your husband with thoughtful gifts every now and then, special candle light dinners or even special romantic nights with you playing the seductress will help you grab his attention! Even small surprises like making his favourite snack or dish once in a while will do. You can also come up with some creative ways of surprising him. The central idea is to give him the thrill of surprise and remember that men like surprises too!

7. Organize the house, be a good maid

Keep your house clean and organized. The healthy atmosphere you create in your home will lift his mood. Come up with innovative ideas to make your home a peaceful place for him. Don’t ever feel burdened doing all the chores. It’s not a bad idea after all. Make him dependent on you by doing all his chores. He’ll surely miss you and think about you when you are not around! Let’s be reminded of a quote in this context “A wife is a friend first, a lover second, and third and probably most important, a maid.”

6. All the positive qualities

A good wife is pleasant and she is not rude. To be a good wife you must be warm, kind, affectionate, caring, understanding, positive, obedient and friendly. You should also be responsible, reliable and give him confidence to do anything. All these qualities will make your husband comfortable around you. When your husband returns home after a hard day at work a warm welcoming smile will make his day! You have to possess all these positive qualities. You have to be loyal and support him both in his success and failure. You should be at his side especially in times of hardship. Most important of all respect your husband and you’ll definitely get back his respect!

5. A Guy needs his Space

You must accept that your husband has a life other than you. There are other people too in his life like his family, friends and workmates. He also has his hobbies, interests and passions too. Don’t stop him from having this other life. Give him his space. Let him do whatever he wants to and this will make him love you more. One straight point is that an interfering wife is so irritating. Don’t interfere, don’t irritate and he’ll love you back!

4. Sexual Intimacy is important too

If a guy is not met with his sexual needs it can be reflected in his mood. If your husband is frustrated often the reason might be that his sexual desire is not being fulfilled. One of the reasons why most marriages fail is because of lack of exciting sexual relationship! According to a research the reason why most men cheat is mostly physical whereas for women it is emotional! Make your husband happy in bed. The best way to satisfy your husband is to think in his shoes and give him what he needs.

3. Don’t hide your love

As you may know hiding your love is of no use. Don’t withhold your love. Express it to him. He’ll definitely appreciate that. Join in his activities and spend as much time as is possible with him. Complement and praise him very often. Small gestures are enough to show your love. Remember the special days in his life, celebrate every small occasion in a simple manner that he will enjoy and get unique gifts for him as a token of your love. Bring joy to him with these small but unique ideas and he’ll never forget the special moments and memories you create.

2. Be open with your feelings

A guy will trust you only if you open up to him. Be honest with your husband. Trust him with everything. Don’t keep any secrets from him. You can earn his trust this way. Relationships succeed only if there is mutual trust! Make it compulsory to talk to him daily about how his day was spent. Listen to what he says patiently and understand his feelings. Remain calm if any difficult discussion arises and try to sort it out. Assure him that you are there for him. Good communication will strengthen your bond!

1. Compatibility

There are many personality traits that attract you and your husband to each other making you both compatible with each other but they may not hold up over time. And if this dissimilarity arises you can’t suddenly call yourselves incompatible. You should understand that compatibility isn’t something you have but instead it’s something you make. A good wife takes care that she doesn’t grow apart from her husband. She makes herself compatible with her husband. You must be wondering how this can be achieved. The answer is simple, by improving your relationship skills you can get along better with your husband. This includes making compromises and solving your conflicts. You have to tolerate the burden of being bored and dissatisfied. Remember these lines “A perfect wife is one who doesn’t expect a perfect husband”. Create compatibility and eventually you will become soul mates!

You may be having doubts whether this will work out or not but trust me, these things that you do for him will not go unnoticed. In fact these will increase his love for you and even inspire him to do things for you. Also most of the things mentioned in this article are not just mere ideas of a writer. They are the opinions of many experts brought to you in a presentable manner that you can understand!

READ MORE: http://brainnewsng.com/top-10-qualities-a-good-wife-must-have/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by UjSizzle(f): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Is this what it means to be a woman with potentials?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Godmystrength: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Okay. Will be back to assess myself and know if i will make a good wife....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by cocoberry(f): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Be right back!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by uniqueama1(f): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Wisdytech:

A woman plays many roles in her life. She is a daughter, a wife and a mother. Every woman obviously wants to be a good daughter, a good wife and a good mother too. She has to give lots of love in order to be all these ‘goods’. But just love is not enough to be a good wife. Some skills and qualities are required to be a good wife and of course for a healthy marriage. My advice to all the housewives is to be a good wife and then expect your man to be a good husband! Also it’s easy to be in unconditional love in the earlier stages of a relationship but to continue your relationship with the same spark in the later years you need to do a lot of things. I dedicate this article to all the married women out there! Here are the qualities that a good wife must have.

10. Quit Nagging

There is a proverb that a nagging wife annoys like a constant dripping. I absolutely agree with that. Who doesn’t get annoyed by nagging? Nagging and complaining constantly may create an unwanted rift in your relationship. It can also become a vicious cycle forcing him to avoid you. This will definitely complicate the things between you and make them worse. How do you expect him to like you if he feels personally attacked by your nagging? Nagging doesn’t work, so just quit it. Ask him nicely and I bet that he’ll definitely consider what you are saying. Remember that a good wife doesn’t nag!

9. Look good, Charm him

Most women believe that it doesn’t matter how they look after marriage. But the truth is it definitely does matter. Married women tend to gain weight, become fat and lose their shape. Ladies, you have to take care that you look attractive even after marriage or else men can find their own way! So it is necessarily important that you captivate all his attention only on you. This will definitely keep him from cheating you. Husbands really love good looking wives. They will do anything to please them!

Even though there is an issue as to whether being unpredictable is a good thing in marriage or not, according to me it just spices up the relationship. Relationships get boring if they are too predictable. You just have to take care that the unpredictable things you do are not disturbing! Surprising your husband with thoughtful gifts every now and then, special candle light dinners or even special romantic nights with you playing the seductress will help you grab his attention! Even small surprises like making his favourite snack or dish once in a while will do. You can also come up with some creative ways of surprising him. The central idea is to give him the thrill of surprise and remember that men like surprises too!

Keep your house clean and organized. The healthy atmosphere you create in your home will lift his mood. Come up with innovative ideas to make your home a peaceful place for him. Don’t ever feel burdened doing all the chores. It’s not a bad idea after all. Make him dependent on you by doing all his chores. He’ll surely miss you and think about you when you are not around! Let’s be reminded of a quote in this context “A wife is a friend first, a lover second, and third and probably most important, a maid.”

A good wife is pleasant and she is not rude. To be a good wife you must be warm, kind, affectionate, caring, understanding, positive, obedient and friendly. You should also be responsible, reliable and give him confidence to do anything. All these qualities will make your husband comfortable around you. When your husband returns home after a hard day at work a warm welcoming smile will make his day! You have to possess all these positive qualities. You have to be loyal and support him both in his success and failure. You should be at his side especially in times of hardship. Most important of all respect your husband and you’ll definitely get back his respect!

5. A Guy needs his Space

You must accept that your husband has a life other than you. There are other people too in his life like his family, friends and workmates. He also has his hobbies, interests and passions too. Don’t stop him from having this other life. Give him his space. Let him do whatever he wants to and this will make him love you more. One straight point is that an interfering wife is so irritating. Don’t interfere, don’t irritate and he’ll love you back!

If a guy is not met with his sexual needs it can be reflected in his mood. If your husband is frustrated often the reason might be that his sexual desire is not being fulfilled. One of the reasons why most marriages fail is because of lack of exciting sexual relationship! According to a research the reason why most men cheat is mostly physical whereas for women it is emotional! Make your husband happy in bed. The best way to satisfy your husband is to think in his shoes and give him what he needs.

3. Don’t hide your love

As you may know hiding your love is of no use. Don’t withhold your love. Express it to him. He’ll definitely appreciate that. Join in his activities and spend as much time as is possible with him. Complement and praise him very often. Small gestures are enough to show your love. Remember the special days in his life, celebrate every small occasion in a simple manner that he will enjoy and get unique gifts for him as a token of your love. Bring joy to him with these small but unique ideas and he’ll never forget the special moments and memories you create.

A guy will trust you only if you open up to him. Be honest with your husband. Trust him with everything. Don’t keep any secrets from him. You can earn his trust this way. Relationships succeed only if there is mutual trust! Make it compulsory to talk to him daily about how his day was spent. Listen to what he says patiently and understand his feelings. Remain calm if any difficult discussion arises and try to sort it out. Assure him that you are there for him. Good communication will strengthen your bond!

1. Compatibility

There are many personality traits that attract you and your husband to each other making you both compatible with each other but they may not hold up over time. And if this dissimilarity arises you can’t suddenly call yourselves incompatible. You should understand that compatibility isn’t something you have but instead it’s something you make. A good wife takes care that she doesn’t grow apart from her husband. She makes herself compatible with her husband. You must be wondering how this can be achieved. The answer is simple, by improving your relationship skills you can get along better with your husband. This includes making compromises and solving your conflicts. You have to tolerate the burden of being bored and dissatisfied. Remember these lines “A perfect wife is one who doesn’t expect a perfect husband”. Create compatibility and eventually you will become soul mates!

You may be having doubts whether this will work out or not but trust me, these things that you do for him will not go unnoticed. In fact these will increase his love for you and even inspire him to do things for you. Also most of the things mentioned in this article are not just mere ideas of a writer. They are the opinions of many experts brought to you in a presentable manner that you can understand!

wow dis is awesome!Ur rite cos it takes a lot of understanding to make a relationship work.Also its in d hands of d woman to either make or mar a relationship.Agood woman will have to go out of her way to pls her man.Although there are difficult men out there dat no matter wat u do,u will never please them but,I guess as women,we have to be patient n swallow a lot of shit to make our homes a warm place to live in.Its not easy oo,but God will help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Edykul(f): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nice tips

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Wisdytech(m): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: Okay. Will be back to assess myself and know if i will make a good wife....

Ha! Hmmmmmmm
Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Godmystrength: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wisdytech:

Ha! Hmmmmmmm
What Ha?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
uniqueama1: wow dis is awesome!Ur rite cos it takes a lot of understanding to make a relationship work.Also its in d hands of d woman to either make or mar a relationship.Agood woman will have to go out of her way to pls her man.Although there are difficult men out there dat no matter wat u do,u will never please them but,I guess[b[b]] as women,we have to be patient n swallow a lot of shit to make our homes a warm place to live in.Its not easy oo,but God will help us all[/b].
[/b]

I disagree respectfully
A relationship takes 2 adults not just the woman, if a woman finds herself doing more than 50 percent of the work before marriage then a sensible woman should know it is not for her.

Eating and swallowing a lot of poo just to make a relationship work is not healthy for any human being man or woman. If you keep swallowing poo you will visit one day or die of a swollen stomach abeg leave chopping shi-t for suck away and village local dogs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Godmystrength: 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: [/b]

I disagree respectfully
A relationship takes 2 adults not just the woman, if a woman finds herself doing more than 50 percent of the work before marriage then a sensible woman should know it is not for her.

Eating and swallowing a lot of poo just to make a relationship work is not healthy for any human being man or woman. If you keep swallowing poo you will visit one day or die of a swollen stomach abeg leave chopping shi-t for suck away and village local dogs.
Thank you jare. I no dey enter marriage to come and chop shi-t when better food full every where. grin grin

meanwhile what will the man be chopping while i am busy cooking the shi-t for chop?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Wisdytech(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
Funny! But 10% brainful........
aisha2: [/b]

I disagree respectfully

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Wisdytech(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: What Ha?

Means: i was shocked! To observed that from you...... Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Godmystrength: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wisdytech:
Means: i was shocked! To observed that from you...... Hahahahahahahaha
why the shock?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Hollyb(f): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
nice tips

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
Over 70% of Nigerian(or should I say African women) are guilty of post no. 9.

After marriage i think it's till important to ''look sexy''. And no, you don't need to wear tight-fitting and provocative clothes to attain that sex appeal. The right clothes, the right make-up etc. Will all add up to make your husy fall in love with ya a million times over.

***Modified***
I really think African ladies should take up this issue of work out seriously. They eat and eat and eat, without thinking of ways to burn excess fat. It's not nice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Godmystrength: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
RuudNisterooy: Over 70% of Nigerian(or should I say African women) are guilty of post no. 9.

After marriage i think it's till important to ''look sexy''. And no, you don't need to wear tight-fitting and provocative clothes to attain that sex appeal. The right clothes, the right make-up etc. Will all add up to make your husy fall in love with ya a million times over.

***Modified***
I really think African ladies should take up this issue of work out seriously. They eat and eat and eat, without thinking of ways to burn excess fat. It's not nice.

noted sir. will spread the message.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by SAMBARRY: 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
The wise people say that

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by SAMBARRY: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
They also say that

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by nonny18: 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See standard. Chai!!

Whoever taught you this must have been smoking something.
I completely disagree. Why do you think it is right to place such unrealistic burden on a woman. Really, sometimes, I look at Nigeria and wonder if we would ever progress and stop acting ignorant. The only reason why most Nigerian marriages have not come to an end is because women are scared of the stupid and unrealistic stigma, if not, the divorce rate in Nigeria would be worse than the rates we see in the more developed countries.

Women that sit back and tell themselves that it is ok to receive insults from a man and fight for a relationship were the man has checked out is completely delusional. For a relationship to work, both individual need to realize that it is a partnership and no one individual is more superior than the other.

What fucking makes a man superior than a woman. Absolutely nothing. Like Beyonce said women run the world because they go through it all and still go about their business like nothing happened. So is it fair to say that women are superior beings to men, since they keep all the shit intact and still manage to act sane.

Listen gents, if you are looking for a woman that will worship you and respect you, be your maid and your fool, then you are going to have to marry your moms because they are more than willing to do it all for you.

10. The only reason why a woman nags a man because most men act like over grown babies, who think that their wives are their mother. Like I said, go marry your mom and then you dont have to listen to a woman tell you to do the right things because your mom would do it all.

9. I will look good and charm if you stop trying to kill me with your unrealistic burden. If you want your wife to look good, tell her in a nice way, make appointments for her to get weekly pampering. Help her and not place unrealistic demands on her. Let her go out and hang with friends and relax. Get you butt of the chair and make breakfast, lunch or dinner, while she naps. Do something Positive please.

8. Be unpredictable: NEWS FLASH Guys, women also want an unpredictable man that sweeps them off their feet, makes them feel special. Just like you have blood running through your veins, so do we. Please wake up.

7. Organize the house and be a good maid: SERIOUSLY!!! What century do you think we are in. BE a good maid. I agree that a home needs to be clean and organized, but where you born disabled or you think it is a woman's job. If that is the case, women can stay home and be good maids. Men go out there, toil and ensure that their needs are met, ensure they drive the latest cars, they are up to date on their fashion, their bills are paid, and they are overly comfortable than how they were in their parents house. Bopys, how unrealistic can you be? Really BE A GOOD MAIN? Son, go marry your mom.

6. All positive quality: well, you have to be same way too. IF you want love given to you, you have to reciprocate that love because RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL. You can not except to receive without given. What sort person are you? Keep setting yourself up for failure.

1-5. Like a said, marriage is not one sided. It is a patnership and the burden does not fall on one person to make it work. Two people have to be willing to stay married and be selfless towrds themselves for the unity and sanity of a home. Men, who believe that a woman is less of a human is a LUNATIC.
Women, the burden of a successful marriage should not be on you because it takes two for it to be a success. Dont let a man treat you like you are inferior. Stand up for yourself, make your opinions heard, but most of all ensure that you do it for the right reason.
No man is superior to a woman just because she is a woman. Guys please wake up and begin to act like educated people.
You cast the American and European system, yet, you want to have what they have and not get updated. Put on your shoes and catch up to the rest of the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by Myschoolbreeze(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
I found more helpful and related content here https://relationshiphub.net/qualities-of-a-good-woman-to-marry and recommend that every guy who wants to make a happy home should take it seriously.

Wisdytech:

10. Quit Nagging

9. Look good, Charm him

5. A Guy needs his Space

3. Don’t hide your love

1. Compatibility

Re: Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have by PureGoldh(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice write-up

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military / Man Impregnates Wife’s Friend 3 Months After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.