Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29895 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Feeling guilty...although i've never dated. May God help me to avoid guys. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
RELIGION a tool used for brainwashing people...... ©®™
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by scarletdp(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
and let me guess OP na u heaven sure for ba... Mscheew.... u think u have the slightest idea what judgement day is gonna b like huh? you kmow nothing....we all know nothing

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by room089: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
You just nailed it!
That's a truism going by biblical standard.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chi59: Feeling guilty...although i've never dated. May God help me to avoid guys. Amen.

That is how you will avoid guys and get old

5 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Obynozidane(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
datguru: This act should not once be mentioned amongst you as ye becometh christains. the only relationship that should exist between a genuine born again sister and brother is MARRIAGE. Apart from this, any other relationship is sinful
But how do you now know the sister well to know she is whom you want to marry? By just how gentle she looks or how innocent she greets and walks? Once u propose the girl will start play acting? Anyway it doesn't mean fornication is good

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by andyanders: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Abelsconcept:

What are you saying....

Smh....

What you have read.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Romancegirl: Christians especially Nigerian and African own are the worst set of hypocrites.

TRUE....

3 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
So disappointed in ur signature

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Purity in Relationships is a beautiful thing. I am indeed blessed to be in one....
But Op, proposing to a sister, keeping your distance and coming back to marry her is the foundation of a bad marriage. It leads faster to hell fire than any known sin to man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by yorke1: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hyprocrite! That's all I have to say.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by HerexG(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by postloaded: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by datguru: 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Obynozidane:
But how do you now know the sister well to know she is whom you want to marry? By just how gentle she looks or how innocent she greets and walks? Once u propose the girl will start play acting? Anyway it doesn't mean fornication is good

you pray for the will of God.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by datguru: 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Charlesamino:
does it mean courtship is wrong? Hw wl i knw her hidden attributes b4 signing d lifelong contract

courtship is different from DATING and for courtship, BED UNDEFILED Hebrews 13:4

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.

Op this weed you took is very strong. So if I see a girl I like I should pray and then go ahead to marry without knowing or communicating or courting her abi?

Am not really for kissing or cuddling in a christian relationship more less support intimacy of any kind.

NEVERTHELESS I can never support the group that says if you see a sister you like you just tell pastor and they control or regulate when and how you see her or most times barring you intoto.
They do more harm than good because if finally you are not compatible to break up becomes problem since Papa is involved.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by piagetskinner(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lero15: These days I begin to wonder.., why do most modern day pastors marry pretty chicks women Did they see their wives in visions? If yes, why the divorce later?
If they truly see their extraordinarilly pretty wives in their visions, what about the ugly not-so-fine babes around?
would they ever get to marry their fantasy Prince Charming?
Most brothers in the Lord of these days too have followed suit, they only see pretty babes in their visions. Well, I guess everybody like better thing!

Getting a right partner these days is not easy...every babe you meet already has a story to tell. The present generation hardly cares, OP. How I wish it does.

If truly Pastor Chris is guilty of adultery, then I conclude he is human afterall.., if he is not, then more grace.

Your pastor cannot save you, your salvation is between you and your God.
Ur last statement is indeed heavy and deep...I hope christians come to realise that salvation is from christ alone....and not the sugar-coating preachers give to it

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chi59: Feeling guilty...although i've never dated. May God help me to avoid guys. Amen.

Na ur kind worse pass. undecided

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
Obynozidane:

* coughs

Son, you are the true son of your father.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ajidesola: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
It is high time we all work out our Salvation with fear and trembling.
The fact is EVERY SEX B4 OR OUTSIDE MARRIAGE IS A SIN. Pls b wise!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Timijo(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
If you sit under the ministration of a demonic pastor, you will hear demonic messages which are sent from the gate of hell. But if you sit under a pastor who is filled with the Spirit of God, you will hear messages from God that will help you to follow Him, obey Him and live with Him in the world to come.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Op saw a fine pretty lady on MONDAY , Op then propose to her on WEDNESDAY , Op got engaged on FRIDAY and Op's wedding took place on SATURDAY . How divorce Know go plenty for naija ?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by seunwen2(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ops dey there dey yarn rubbish had sex last week saturday and still gonna have it on this friday
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by DamTob1(f): 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
A complicated write-up based on assumptions rather than fact. Marriage is the greatest phenomenom meaning everything has its root curled in marriage. It wrong to engage in bf/gf relatnshps but a christian MUST court his/her supposed spouse before marriage, remember Mary was BETHROTHED to joseph meaning they were engaged. here comes the golden rule - Abstain from LUST in relationship, it will ruin faster than you think.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Olusanya333(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
God bless OP.Amen. And thats why i decide not to marry talkless of dating. I wish most Christain could see the Power in singleness in Christ. Singleness is the power behind Paul explosive power,no restraint,no family issues. And I tell you i'm happy with the Single life God gave me grace to Live.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by DamTob1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
A complicated write-up based on assumptions rather than fact. Marriage is the greatest phenomenom meaning everything has its root curled in marriage. It wrong to engage in bf/gf relatnshps but a christian MUST court his/her supposed spouse before marriage, remember Mary was BETHROTHED to joseph meaning they were engaged. here comes the golden rule - Abstain from LUST in relationship, it will ruin faster than you think.

Remain Blessed and Maintain PURITY in your relationships.
Pastor E.O.T William
visit
http://www.eotwilliam..com
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

That is how you will avoid guys and get old
And it results to 28 days night vigil for her.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Freest(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:

What a quote from the pit of hell and the devil. My friend, body no be firewood shay? But e go turn to firewood for the lake of fire for eternity if one don't repent and discipline self.

See, there would be no excuse on the last day. If you truely want to live Christ-like and be saved, it is hundred percent possible. If you want to live a life without fornicating or sinning at all, it is possible because the word of GOD have confirmed it that no temptation can befall you beyond that which you can't overcome -1st Cor 10:13

So write off that quote from your heart and strive to make heaven
Inasmuch as what op said is very true. As we are called to holiness and righteousness, i will humbly add that the kingdom of God isn't in threatening people to repent with hell fire. Thats not what Jesus came for. He came to bring people to God by love. Every sane man and woman knows fornication and adultery is sin. Some are mere addicted to it. Some even wanna stop it but they cant because its already a habit. Instead of condemning them to hell already, we only profer solutions and advice for living above sin. Hell isn't a solution, u just telling dem wat dey already know plus adding another problem. The love of christ s more than hell.
My brother, true, body nor be fire wood, but there is the holy spirit that helps our infirmities. Col3 say, we are dead and our life is hid with christ in God. So we sure can live above fornication. Its all in total submission to the will of the holy spirit.

6 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Gabson91(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice piece of writing, God didnt say he who finds a girlfriend bt he who finds a wife. Alot of youths decieving themselves in name of relationship.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by PeckNARM: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Brainwashed nation! So someone should jump and marry the first lady he comes across, without tasting the fruits! That's how mistakes are made! What if after marriage you find out she has a tunnel in between her legs as opposed to a pinky finger sized hole! You'll be forced to abandon ship and commit another sin!

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: good one brother have u read samuel tega's revelations from the Lord. Jesus warns in that revelation that christians shd abstain frm boyfriend n girlfriend things, that we are called to be saints, that all those who kip on havin galfrnds will be accused by the devil an thus be cast into hell fire.

That's where you had F9.
Its not about having girlfriends but the kind of friends who are girls you keep. What you discuss and how you discuss it.

That a girl is in the church choir or attends same church you do doesn't make her a christian. She could be a type of Delilah or agent sent to entice brothers. By their fruits you shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
PeckNARM: Brainwashed nation! So someone should jump and marry the first lady he comes across, without tasting the fruits! That's how mistakes are made! What if after marriage you find out she has a tunnel in between her legs as opposed to a pinky finger sized hole! You'll be forced to abandon ship and commit another sin!

You have NO part in this discussion. I cast you out to Sexuality section where you belong, in Jesus name, Amen!
This thread is for christians. Your reasoning and orientations are anti-christ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / Pastor Turns Born-Again Preacher And Traditionalist (Pics) / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.