Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29902 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2014
onyeego so u want to tell me dat dating means having sex?according to ur greek dictionary bt espouse means married wtout having sex according to ur greek dictionary,well one word for you *YOU ARE A PHARISEE

3 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 09, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
for instance am 28yrs old I saw a lady in my work place,I will just go and meet her and propose to her? Just like dat? No period of courting to know what she's likes and what she don't like? I won't bother knowing her character? Pls Read the bible with Understanding

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by dayosaurus(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

when u are doing general mathematics in waec next year pls put 2+2=113 and also write ''it depends on the context'' ur mind is hard u dont av any hope bro in LEARNING God's word

When I wrote my waec years ago, I wrote that down and got an A in mathematics and further mathematics. Open your brain to learning new things and think outside the box. You don’t have to remain stagnant, because your parents told you a folklore.

I won't be surprised if you believed animals speak English back in the day, because your parents told you same. undecided
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

ofcourse they were living 2geda, he was plan to leave her not to make it public, he was still in doubt.... What is the different between leaving silently and divorce??

P.s--- My pple OnyeEgo cannot RENEW ur mind o just pray the holy spirit to gv u understanding
how come JOSEPH found out she was pregnant of a baby dt ws nt HIS OWN SINCE DEY WERE ALREADY MARRIED? u r jst swimming in d ocean of ignorance so if ur wife is pregnant afta marriage u will deny dt u r nt d one responsible for d child?go and sleep jawe
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
Sure bro. The LORD directed me to His revelations through him. It's more like warnings. I even have the video on my memory card.

These people don't hear. It pains and hurt how multitudes are so not on the right track and don't seek the mind of Christ, talk less of listening and heeding to warnings. I know how it hurts me, it almost bring me to tears sometimes, how much more it hurts Christ sad very few are prepared for Him coming, they swim in sin. It hurts brother, it really does hurt cry
Oh its even from a video clip that you got this info from?? Please read your bible and pray for Understanding from the holy Ghost
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by VivaLaFrans: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
Ma guy... I tire o... Even inside church sef... You see youths who are supposed to be obedient to God, but they behave like the world. Having boyfriend/Girlfriend is a normal thing to them. Its not bad to keep male/female friends if it will not make you lust after them and become tempted.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2014
GRAND30:

Yeah brother. His tone is charaterised by self-righteousness and condemnation. I was once like him until I began to spend more time with struggling young people in church.

i wud take dat as a compliment sir, if u take it as condemnation sir i av every ryt to question ur reasoning functioning sir cos what i am doing here is correcting not condemning but u can take it d way it suite u.....
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by dayosaurus(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

hello mr dayo u are not suppose to accept this fact since u are carnally minded it is foolishness to u read 1cor 1:21-25

The eyes is useless when the mind is blind undecided
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by VivaLaFrans: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: how come JOSEPH found out she was pregnant of a baby dt ws nt HIS OWN SINCE DEY WERE ALREADY MARRIED? u r jst swimming in d ocean of ignorance so if ur wife is pregnant afta marriage u will deny dt u r nt d one responsible for d child?go and sleep jawe
The painful thing there is that girls like you in church are very much vulnerable to lustful things in church. You go to church, hear the word of God every sunday but go back home and do what is in your mind... Just imagine your statement... There are few virgins in the church because girls like yourself think that God wanted to cheat on you when He said '' Thou shall not fornicate ''. You are not even a virgin cuz you'll say '' Well, His mercies endureth forever'' or ''Body no be firewood''. See wetin people inside church dey talk. May God have mercy.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: how come JOSEPH found out she was pregnant of a baby dt ws nt HIS OWN SINCE DEY WERE ALREADY MARRIED? u r jst swimming in d ocean of ignorance so if ur wife is pregnant afta marriage u will deny dt u r nt d one responsible for d child?go and sleep jawe

Tell me something i don't know u mean u can't tell if a lady is pregnant or not and u are a lady for dat matter..... Now i understand why st. Paul wud always pray for the enlightening of the minds of the brethren....
Vicky cut ur relationship with that man if u have any cos its wrong... Now c the truth, u av the power to take it or leave it shikena
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2014

For heaven sake why not use ur MIND too.... Ur husband MARRIED you knowing fully well that u are a VIRGIN and had no sex with u den all of a sudden u begin to show sign of pregnancy during a month or probably weeks of marriage cos d bible did not specify... Reason na will u agree despite the fact u are ALREADY MARRIED...
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2014
VivaLaFrans: The painful thing there is that girls like you in church are very much vulnerable to lustful things in church. You go to church, hear the word of God every sunday but go back home and do what is in your mind... Just imagine your statement... There are few virgins in the church because girls like yourself think that God wanted to cheat on you when He said '' Thou shall not fornicate ''. You are not even a virgin cuz you'll say '' Well, His mercies endureth forever'' or ''Body no be firewood''. See wetin people inside church dey talk. May God have mercy.
U R VERY SICK!I HAV NT EVEN KISSED B4 NT TO TALK OF SEX BT I cant stone a lady to death cos of dat i hav myown rules!am 23yrs old mind you i hv so many opportunities to kiss but i flee like joseph AM nt a pharisee like you peopl i prefer being d tax collector(luke18:9-14) i hv to reveal myslf bc of ur post JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS NT CONDEMN DEM
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:00am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

For heaven sake why not use ur MIND too.... Ur husband MARRIED you knowing fully well that u are a VIRGIN and had no sex with u den all of a sudden u begin to show sign of pregnancy during a month or probably weeks of marriage cos d bible did not specify... Reason na will u agree despite the fact u are ALREADY MARRIED...
mydear answer my question i said u mean joseph was married to mary yet he wasnt responsible for his wife's pregnancy?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: U R VERY SICK!I HAV NT EVEN KISSED B4 NT TO TALK OF SEX BT I cant stone a lady to death cos of dat i hav my own rules!am 23yrs old mind you i hv so many opportunities to kiss but i flee like joseph AM nt a pharisee like you peopl i prefer being d tax collector(luke18:9-14) i hv to reveal myslf bc of ur post JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS NT CONDEMN DEM
Impossible
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2014
Osahon7: for instance am 28yrs old I saw a lady in my work place,I will just go and meet her and propose to her? Just like dat? No period of courting to know what she's likes and what she don't like? I won't bother knowing her character? Pls Read the bible with Understanding

and u think dating or courting her 20 years before marrying her wud make u know all her character.... I laff in chinese.. Flee from sin bro
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

and u think dating or courting her 20 years before marrying her wud make u know all her character.... I laff in chinese.. Flee from sin bro
Okay It good....Everybody is entitled to his own opinion...
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: U R VERY SICK!I HAV NT EVEN KISSED B4 NT TO TALK OF SEX BT I cant stone a lady to death cos of dat i hav myown rules!am 23yrs old mind you i hv so many opportunities to kiss but i flee like joseph AM nt a pharisee like you peopl i prefer being d tax collector(luke18:9-14) i hv to reveal myslf bc of ur post JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS NT CONDEMN DEM

Who is condemning here?? Who is without sin here?? Mind u uare neither a tax collectore nor pharisee u are a vessel of GOD... GOD LOVE WAS NOT TO CONDEMN HABA who does dat in the body of christ?? We are CORRECTING... 2tim 3:16
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2014
ProphetUdeme: .
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her e
. Boss,I agree with u dat we should not kiss,bt having emotions is natural and NOT SINFUL OR WRONG even Jesus has emotions and God too and pls wots d meaning of emotional demons!!! (I don't tink dere is anytin like dat)
-pls, After all u said(at least u mentioned 3 pionts)u gave us one Bible verse to back up and u expect us to agree wit u,back up all ur points wit d bible,so dat we wil no u r not talking about MAN MADE DOCTERINE.
-You also said we should distance our self from our fiance/fiancee,y should we distance ourself from someone dat God has given u as a wife to be,if u hav said we should avoid being too close to avoid sin,I will agree wit u
CONCLUSION:Having a relationship is not a sin,its jst wot u call it and engage in during d relationship dat could make it a sin.
PLEASE NOTE:I stand to be corrected.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2014
Tallesty1: Impossible
AM very serious

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

Who is condemning here?? Who is without sin here?? Mind u uare neither a tax collectore nor pharisee u are a vessel of GOD... GOD LOVE WAS NOT TO CONDEMN HABA who does dat in the body of christ?? We are CORRECTING... 2tim 3:16
if correcting means dat dating means having sex den u r condeming

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:24am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: mydear answer my question i said u mean joseph was married to mary yet he wasnt responsible for his wife's pregnancy?

my dear u are HELPLESS i pray that ur knowledge concerning the things of God will be open unto ur MinD stop stiffening it....
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: if correcting means dat dating means having sex den u r condeming

My dear relax and reason with the Holyspirit as ur guide
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

my dear u are HELPLESS i pray that ur knowledge concerning the things of God will be open unto ur MinD stop stiffening it....
the truth is dat u lack holy spirit!tell me y JESUS himslf didnt condemn dt adulterous woman rada he told him to go and sin no more.PLEASE DATING DOESNT MEAN HAVING SEX AM A LIVING WITNESS so many peopl had sex even wtout dating meanwhile MARY was engaged to be married before d angel brought d good.news to her stop deceiving urslf
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: the truth is dat u lack holy spirit!tell me y JESUS himslf didnt condemn dt adulterous woman rada he told him to go and sin no more.PLEASE DATING DOESNT MEAN HAVING SEX AM A LIVING WITNESS so many peopl had sex even wtout dating meanwhile MARY was engaged to be married before d angel brought d good.news to her stop deceiving urslf

so since Jesus did not condemn the woman i guess u trying to say dat all men shud commit adultery and ofcus JESUS wud not condemn u ryt?? Do u go on sinning because dia is grace?? NEXT PLEASE!!!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: the truth is dat u lack holy spirit!tell me y JESUS himslf didnt condemn dt adulterous woman rada he told him to go and sin no more.PLEASE DATING DOESNT MEAN HAVING SEX AM A LIVING WITNESS so many peopl had sex even wtout dating meanwhile MARY was engaged to be married before d angel brought d good.news to her stop deceiving urslf

so u believe a believer can lack the holy spirit it is so obvious my dear u av alot of learning to do....
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=VivaLaFrans] The painful thing there is that girls like you in church are very much vulnerable to lustful things in church. You go to church, hear the word of God every sunday but go back home and do what is in your mind... Just imagine your statement... There are few virgins in the church because girls like yourself think that God wanted to cheat on you when He said '' Thou shall not fornicate ''. You are not even a virgin cuz you'll say '' Well, His mercies endureth forever'' or ''Body no be firewood''. See wetin people inside church dey talk. May God have mercy.[/quote REMEMBER JOSEPH WAS ALSO A VIRGIN
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: the truth is dat u lack holy spirit!f
how can u say someone lack Holy spirit are u God
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Ohibenemma(m): 8:50am On Sep 09, 2014
Flawed logic@ OP. You don't need to date anyone to lust after them, it's natural. You also don't need to date anyone to engage in sex. A man who can't control himself in a relationship won't do so in marriage, FACT... And we are getting too much implied scriptures nowadays. The bible gives the clear example of Joseph and Mary's case and some persons are attacking the citer. Luke 1 and 2 clearly reveals their status(betrothed not married). This was the case when she was visited by the angel and still so...

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Ohibenemma(m): 8:52am On Sep 09, 2014
...nine months later when she was due to deliver. How long it actually lasted isn't revealed. This negates the blanket reference to every one in a relationship as being sinful. I am a personal example of that. I've challenged lust headon, and have and still overcoming. Before someone asks, I'm still a virgin and have graduated for years(INCASE you wanna infer my age). Enough said, I'm out!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

no my friend... Tis you and your heretical teachings that are HELPLESS. Stating that Joseph was already married to Mary shows a complete ignorance about scripture. Why are u Twisting scriptures to prove a non existent point
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by richol(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2014
tobillionaire: nice 1, buh its hard to 5nd a church where youths wont befriend eachother... Body no b firewood na
Reverend x!ngs church grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Turns Born-Again Preacher And Traditionalist (Pics) / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.