Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 (41216 Views)

Ebola: NUT Asks Teachers To Ignore Sept. 22 / Reps Want Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date Changed / Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by avicky(f): 5:34am On Sep 06, 2014
tuwayz: grin
Why the grin,? Are you the culprit?
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by PapiWata: 6:19am On Sep 06, 2014
ratiken: This is not good.
What is the rush about? When we cannot manage the few ebola patients we have in isolated instances.
We can easily have an uncontrollable outbreak in our hands if we don't think through this action appropriately.

Until we have a cure to the ebola virus, (local or foreign), kids should stay home. One infected kid oin a school can easily transmit to a class of 30 in less than 4 days especially in the public schools where hygiene is poor and teachers care less about the health status of the poor kids. 30 infected kids could easily mean 30 infected families and the multiplier continues. This could easily result in over 100K infected cases in just a month.

Until we get our hands around ebola, Kids should stay home ...... Kapish

Common sense such as is evident in your writing here, is, sadly, NOT common among those who decide policy in Nigeria. Your fears are almost bound to become reality. Concentrating students in hostels, dining halls and classrooms NOW, when the Ebola virus is far from eradicated, will lead to wholesale infections in one or more schools, after which the same bribe-taking government officials who first postponed school resumption and then reversed that decision, will make yet another hasty about-turn, AFTER a few dozen innocent students have received their own Ebola death sentence from infection at school that COULD have been avoided IF common sense had prevailed, which it has NOT, thus far, obviously.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by banquo11(m): 6:35am On Sep 06, 2014
Make them wait make th pay salary
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Sammyblaq(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2014
priscaoge:
Omo I can't wait to enter camp this Nov jarecheesycheesy
now u'r talking...making sense. Me too

1 Like

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by galantfm: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2014
Hmmm,I wonder y d fed. govt culdnt stand by d Oct 13 resumption date.Hope dis is nt anoda case of money xchangin hands...
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by tuwayz(m): 8:32am On Sep 06, 2014
avicky:
Why the grin,? Are you the culprit?
not really but my lil cousin here is a victim
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by jerikoyan(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2014
Not good news for we corpers o.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by annice2014: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
is it confirmed
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by xcoded(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
GUD NEWS, MY JUNIOR MOTHER LAST BORN W BE SAD IF SHE HEAR THS OOO.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by aronmatt3: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
That's a good news and I think that boys will have some work now.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Evathyst(f): 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
jerikoyan: Not good news for we corpers o.
Maybe for Otondos. Bt for batch C Corp members lyk me na gud news; our principal has been telling us indirectly dt except d skul resumes, thr wldnt be any means for him to give us our send-forth money. U dey see excuse? Make dem do open abeg, afterall I don resign na my send forth money dey do me cheesy
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by jerikoyan(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
grin sure tis good news for u o hw I wish am batch C too, am batch A resumption is another headache for me
Evathyst: Maybe for Otondos. Bt for batch C Corp members lyk me na gud news; our principal has been telling us indirectly dt except d skul resumes, thr wldnt be any means for him to give us our send-forth money. U dey see excuse? Make dem do open abeg, afterall I don resign na my send forth money dey do me cheesy
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
mathefaro: Do you also know that the children can also play with one another at home, or is it possible to lock up the child 24 hours inside the room, not even to buy "recharge card" or "kerosene" in the next house? the fact is that NOWHERE is safe enough so why deny the kids the academic progress they deserve?

I disagree with u totally on this!!! Do u knw d different locations whr students and pupils come frm to meet in schs?? See, if d virus is transmitted among children in an area, that part can easily be traced but if it's in schs that such happens, then d virus is everywhr. If Some big schs whr students come frm different states to study, and a student frm Lagos happen to have d virus among them, imagine d disaster they may go back home with, without knwing they have d virus.

Another example is that ecowas diplomat who left Lagos for Rivers when FG was still planning to curtail the virus, if she had remained in Lagos, the way of dealing with d spread virus would have been easy. Do u even knw those she had contact with frm Lagos to Rivers??

And guess what, this virus can spread faster in schs and religious gatherings.

My broda, closing of schs is a step in the right direction.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
mathefaro: What if the vaccine is never found, does that mean your children will continue to remain at home? That's very interesting.... Anyway, you're the owner of your kids.

And when it spreads like wild fire like it has in Liberia, does it mean u'll sent ur children to sch at the expense of their lifes?? Anyway, u're the owner of ur children. In Liberia, their failure to shut down d schs @ d early stage has lead to shuting it for even too long. My broda, if it spreads more than it has already, closing all schs indefinately will be d only option.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by mathefaro(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
LARRYDKING:

And when it spreads like wild fire like it has in Liberia, does it mean u'll sent ur children to sch at the expense of their lifes?? Anyway, u're the owner of ur children. In Liberia, their failure to shut down d schs @ d early stage has lead to shuting it for even too long. My broda, if it spreads more than it has already, closing all schs indefinately will be d only option.
You clearly do not understand what I'm insinuating, it's a good idea to shut down the NURSERY/PRIMARY & probably JSS schools (provided their parents and all family members will remain at home or at least in less populated area where there won't be any contact of any sort) but I see no reason why the SS students or at least the SS3 shouldn't be allowed to keep receiving lectures. They're old enough to be cautious and cautioned if need arises. In as much external exams won't be postponed or adjourned, the candidates shouldn't be denied lectures. Even with all these, GCE exams is ongoing. I hope you get the point in trying to project
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
mathefaro: You clearly do not understand what I'm insinuating, it's a good idea to shut down the NURSERY/PRIMARY & probably JSS schools (provided their parents and all family members will remain at home or at least in less populated area where there won't be any contact of any sort) but I see no reason why the SS students or at least the SS3 shouldn't be allowed to keep receiving lectures. They're old enough to be cautious and cautioned if need arises. In as much external exams won't be postponed or adjourned, the candidates shouldn't be denied lectures. Even with all these, GCE exams is ongoing. I hope you get the point in trying to project

If that's what u're trying to say, i still put it to u that SS students arn't matured enough to handle this virus issue, i tell u. Even in our tertiary institutions, if one person is down, the whole sch is @ risk, even d rector, how much more sec sch students. I believe if u experience practical examples, u'll change ur tune.

1 Like

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by mathefaro(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
LARRYDKING:

If that's what u're trying to say, i still put it to u that SS students arn't matured enough to handle this virus issue, i tell u. Even in our tertiary institutions, if one person is down, the whole sch is @ risk, even d rector, how much more sec sch students. I believe if u experience practical examples, u'll change ur tune.
Then why were the tertiary institutions not closed down too? Why have they allowed the GCE to continue? Many other questions like this waiting to be answered.... Get me right bro, I'm not against the move to shut down school activities however the move is completely illogical and senseless if some other measures are not taken. The ss students might not be matured like you said but they can be easily monitored and cautioned by the teachers who are more matured; since the excuse people give when asked whether churches and markets be close down is that the kids are always under the guidance of their parents in such places. Then if you think teachers can't handle the ss3 students then I rest my case cos there's no need extending this argument. It's not even as if our own opinion matters since it's not our decision to make. #peace
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
mathefaro: Then why were the tertiary institutions not closed down too? Why have they allowed the GCE to continue? Many other questions like this waiting to be answered.... Get me right bro, I'm not against the move to shut down school activities however the move is completely illogical and senseless if some other measures are not taken. The ss students might not be matured like you said but they can be easily monitored and cautioned by the teachers who are more matured; since the excuse people give when asked whether churches and markets be close down is that the kids are always under the guidance of their parents in such places. Then if you think teachers can't handle the ss3 students then I rest my case cos there's no need extending this argument. It's not even as if our own opinion matters since it's not our decision to make. #peace

And if u think S.S3 students are easily handled by their teachers, then i rest my case cos they are the most nutorious #peace.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by mathefaro(m): 6:32am On Sep 07, 2014
LARRYDKING:

And if u think S.S3 students are easily handled by their teachers, then i rest my case cos they are the most nutorious #peace.
Yes they may be notorious, but they are not ignorant and can take Cara of themselves. Good morning. Happy Sunday
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by funkeabosede(f): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
VACANCY @METEORIC COMPUTERS

10, Ishaga Rd, Surulere, Lagos

A reputable ICT organization is seeking out competent individuals to fill the following vacant position;

1. COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
(MALE/FEMALE RESIDING IN OR CLOSE TO ILASA/SURULERE/IKATE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE in any Computer related course

2. COMPUTER CONSULTANT (MALE/FEMALE)

Qualification: Minimum of ND/NCE
Must be Computer Literate
With 2-5 years working experience in a reputable firm.

Interested candidate should forward their CV to meteoricrecruitment@gmail.com
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by iconize(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please somebody should introduce me to the school where sagamite was taught that population is the only determinant of a city. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by magictouch: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2014
mathefaro: What if the vaccine is never found, does that mean your children will continue to remain at home? That's very interesting.... Anyway, you're the owner of your kids.

Of course no one helped me to bear the labour pains, they are entirely my 'cup of tea' until they come of age. This is what I have decided and it stands.

anything that has a beginning have an end. if you have been following both local and foreign news you would know that there is an end in sight for EBOLA. Malaria once used to be very deadly until a cure was found. HIV also used to be 100% death sentence but with the right drugs and right living not anymore, people with HIV sometimes looks healthier.

1 Like

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by magictouch: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2014
LARRYDKING:

Tell him my brother.

1 Like

Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by mathefaro(m): 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
magictouch:

Of course no one helped me to bear the labour pains, they are entirely my 'cup of tea' until they come of age. This is what I have decided and it stands.

anything that has a beginning have an end. if you have been following both local and foreign news you would know that there is an end in sight for EBOLA. Malaria once used to be very deadly until a cure was found. HIV also used to be 100% death sentence but with the right drugs and right living not anymore, people with HIV sometimes looks healthier.
ok. #peace
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2014
Missuuu: Thought as much, yea, i'm a member. Am unable to view d msg due to network ish!
good morning
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Missuuu(f): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Unibenstudent: good morning
same here.
Re: Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Missuuu: same here.
where have u been?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally / Ebsu Student Who Did MMM With Fees Cries As Payment Ends On Friday(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.