Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:32 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50131 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by OmoAlata1(f): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
I am more shocked about all these men stating "women age faster especially after childbirth" abeg stop that rubbish.

If a woman takes good care of herself (exercise, eat healthy and emotionally sound) childbirth will not age her. I have carried two pregnancies and I look better than most women who have not given birth. I take good care of my body. Everyone I have met do not believe I have children.

4 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by coogar: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
OmoAlata1: I am more shocked about all these men stating "women age faster especially after childbirth" abeg stop that rubbish.

If a woman takes good care of herself (exercise, eat healthy and emotionally sound) childbirth will not age her. I have carried two pregnancies and I look better than most women who have not given birth. I take good care of my body. Everyone I have met do not believe I have children.

a pictorial evidence would convince me. every woman says this: "i look good, i look fit." i have a feeling that someone like you is about 22 stones at least. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by OmoAlata1(f): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
coogar:

a pictorial evidence would convince me. every woman says this: "i look good, i look fit." i have a feeling that someone like you is about 22 stones at least. grin cheesy

lol I don't need to include pictures. b/c there are millions of women who have carried 2 more pregnancies and still look good and young.

But if you must have pictorial evidence, you can imagine my picture in head while using ur right hand smiley

4 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
njokusboy:

Yes, women prefer older men...

from this thread alone you can see it's not all women.

But it depends on boys your age you meet... maybe boys your age in your neighbourhood are certified jerks.. my cousin is 26, women his age and younger feel intimidated around him...

your cousin is one in many.

I for one, all the ladies I have been with recently are older, funny thing, they don't know my age, they don't bother to ask...

that's to prove that not all women prefer older men

Another thing,most women my Age I know are too needy, talk to them today, tomorrow they start saying "I love you" and thinking marriage...

I don't know what to make of this. Are you saying older women are better?

The reason why women Basically marry older men is because older men are invariably more successful especially financially...

one reason. Among many others.

Funny thing is, once you are established and responsible, they assume you are more matured...

but if you aren't,with a little time the immaturity begins to show

Dis age thing is funny, I'd agree with the man who said it is just a number....

sometimes

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
bukatyne: I pray not angry

My Dad was just one and a half years older than my mum cool cool you can't always help who your child will marry.did i also add that I was born into a Muslim home(not that my husband converted me) but my parents would have definitely preferred a Muslim guy.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Personally,I dig older guys lets say from 4 to 10 years older...For a person of my kind,I wouldn't tolerate my age mate because I know the kinda shows "they" run at the supposed age...

The thing is,I like someone with experience,someone I can learn from (I'm not saying there's ntin to learn from my mates but I want more) and not the regular "xkuagtdagmtjpa" we see these days.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by coogar: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
OmoAlata1:

lol I don't need to include pictures. b/c there are millions of women who have carried 2 more pregnancies and still look good and young.

But if you must have pictorial evidence, you can imagine my picture in head while using ur right hand smiley

that's exactly the problem.
what do i imagine? an obese woman that is about 24 stones in weight or a halle berry lookalike? grin

you are asking too much from me asking me to imagine....imagine what?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by OmoAlata1(f): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
coogar:

that's exactly the problem.
what do i imagine? an obese woman that is about 24 stones in weight or a halle berry lookalike? grin

you are asking too much from me asking me to imagine....imagine what?

I am not obese that I know for sure. but if you post your pic I will post mine

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by beeevan: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
10 years isn't that bad but I prefer someone closer to my age, 5 years difference is perfect for me.

This women age faster than men talk doesn't hold water anymore, it's been long I saw a woman that looks older than her husband, some men even looks so old that you wonder how that pretty young thing accepted to marry them,oh..the pocket I guess.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by darisgod(m): 11:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
My husby is 10yes older dan I am

I don't see him dat way I see him like my mate,I talk to him,play wit him like my mate

If u act according to d age differences btw u guys mhen dir r so many tinz ova respect can cause ooo

Eg: if e do sum tin wey annoy u now u no go wan talk u go dey tink of age

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Bigsteveg(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
McWhillion: Why not, my wife to be is still in junior secondary school grin

Urs is still better, considering d fact that ure still in SS1. Hope you are enjoying the holiday boy?

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by McWhillion(m): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Urs is still better, considering d fact that ure still in SS1. Hope you are enjoying the holiday boy?
I'm enjoying the hols bro, hope you're already preparing for your Common Entrance Exams? Like I always told you, you've to make me proud.

9 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Bigsteveg(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
McWhillion:
I'm enjoying the hols bro, hope you're already preparing for your Common Entrance Exams? Like I always told you, you've to make me proud.
grin.. ure talking to ur future father in law son. Be careful

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by McWhillion(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2014
Bigsteveg:
grin.. ure talking to ur future father in law son. Be careful
Oh sorry, I didn't know this is Bigsteveg's father, pls give your son the phone, I need to advice him on his forthcoming Entrance exams.

8 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by apolonius(m): 7:00am On Sep 06, 2014
alutacontinua: You might wanna give you's age-ranges to get a balanced analysis.

e.g. a 30 yr old lady and 40 yr old man -95% workable
19yr old lady and 29 yr old man - 55% workable
16yr old lady and 26 yr old man -0% workable (child abuse aka pedophollia).

Older men rock though kiss

Determined to break my heart?smiley
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by tony9k: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2014
alutacontinua:

Dey there cheesy
I was once in love with a guy 12 years older, cut him loose cos he messed up sad but I loved him like tomorrow no dey embarassed . When I told my mum about him, she just went on and on about the age difference-in my mind, I was just laughing cos with the way I loved that guy, I knew she wouldn't have been able to stop me. The woman prays too much though, maybe na her prayers make the guy mess up like that sad

Anyways, buky buky, if your daughter is in love, na chill pill you go swallow tongue

This is for Buky Buky and others:

In this day and age if your daughter brings home a prospective husband who is 10 years older than her you will tell her she can't marry the person? And you think she would dump him because of your opinion? I think not. Do people still choose spouses for their children?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
damiso:

My Dad was just one and a half years older than my mum cool cool you can't always help who your child will marry.did i also add that I was born into a Muslim home(not that my husband converted me) but my parents would have definitely preferred a Muslim guy.

I sincerely pray not lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
cococandy: shocked I didn't say guys that age aren't ready for marriage.
How can I speak for them?

I was speaking for MYSELF and MY preference.

Ok,

Your post was sounding that way

That's why we are different smiley
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
bukatyne:

I sincerely pray not lipsrsealed embarassed

Can I ask why it is such a taboo for you I.e the age difference?

I kinda see the obvious apprehension at a certain age I.e my 18 yr old dating a 30 yr old BUT I have come to realise that these things are not cast in stone. I have friends who married as age mates and are divorced, I have ones who married that age difference and are also divorced.I know of peers who seem happy together and also that age difference who are also happy together.

I feel the most important prayer is that they choose the right one who will complement them to be who God wants them to be and will treat them right.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Absolutely nofin wrong dear, different strokes for diff folks. As for me 8-15 yrs it is, anything younga is not for me
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mako007(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
rozzay: Absolutely nofin wrong dear, different strokes for diff folks. As for me 8-15 yrs it is, anything younga is not for me
*carries calculator* how old do u say u are again? grin calculator:"math error" cry
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mako007(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
OmoAlata1: I am more shocked about all these men stating "women age faster especially after childbirth" abeg stop that rubbish.

buh childbirth would affect down there, that's wat matters most to us sad
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
mako007: *carries calculator* how old do u say u are again? grin calculator:"math error" cry
My dear. Bro I just clocked 18 2 months ago
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mako007(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
rozzay:
My dear. Bro I just clocked 18 2 months ago
cheesy , hope yo mama ain't gonna cum looking for you grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=cococandy][/quote]

It's the basic reason and not one reason among many orders....

And age is no sign of maturity, look around you, you'd see a lot of men your age or even younger who are very mature, you would also see a lot of older children.... maturity is not measured by number of years lived....
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
mako007: cheesy , hope yo mama ain't gonna cum looking for you grin
Not @ all dear
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mako007(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
rozzay:
Not @ all dear
then let's eggroll wink
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
apolonius:

Determined to break my heart?smiley

that's why I wanna be a cardio-surgeon cheesy cheesy wink
I'll fix the heart tongue
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
damiso:

Can I ask why it is such a taboo for you I.e the age difference?

I kinda see the obvious apprehension at a certain age I.e my 18 yr old dating a 30 yr old BUT I have come to realise that these things are not cast in stone. I have friends who married as age mates and are divorced, I have ones who married that age difference and are also divorced.I know of peers who seem happy together and also that age difference who are also happy together.

I feel the most important prayer is that they choose the right one who will complement them to be who God wants them to be and will treat them right.

It is called preference.

If God made an older man for me, the first thing He would have done is change who I am to fancy an older man. Asking me to marry an older man with my current mindset is martial sucide

I do not know God's plan for my kid and I am willing to accept in the end. But naturally, hell no!

A 30 yr old that comes to look for my 18yr old wants to be castrated.

I also know that age difference has nothing to do with martial success.

I just like them young grin

P.S.: If I married at 25 to a 37yr olf man (12yrs) our kid will be 2yrs when he ll be 40. The older the diff, imagine the age of hubby. @50, he will be going to PTA meeting in primary&jnr secondary when his mates are celebrating their children's matric/convocation.

If a man is to marry young and maintain such difference, them we are talking pedo.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by otunbakhakiz: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
cococandy:
to be honest, u sounds so wicked. How on earth will u be praying for a 35yr old man to stl be single! I guess you are the type that settles for second wife and d likes or who knows mayb na married men u dey date ryt nw

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
shocked shocked
Nna what's up ? grin
otunbakhakiz: to be honest, u sounds so wicked. How on earth will u be praying for a 35yr old man to stl be single! I guess you are the type that settles for second wife and d likes or who knows mayb na married men u dey date ryt nw
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
cococandy: shocked shocked
Nna what's up ? grin

grin grin grin

Coco, ur forehead though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"We Have 3 Children Together" Woman Cries Out After Hubby Ify Married Male Lover / Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her / Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.