Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50218 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
ukandi1:

i think that u are getting it twisted here. D issue is d age difference between them, not when d first child arrives. D child arriving at whatever age shud not be part of d equation.
Celine dion is 29 yrs younger than her husband of many yrs.
I am 8yrs older than my wife but she looks much older just after 1.
My dad is 13yrs older than my mum but believe me, my dad is still a guyman unlike my mum who now has dis grandma looks( although she is ) when compared with her husband.
Plus or minute 15 yrs is still okay. My humble opinion.

Lucky you grin

Everything is in a package. The age you marry automatically determines the age your first child comes

@ for looking olders/younger, it might be the genes, stress, abuse, overworking, lack of peace etc.

Look into it, it might not necessarily be age
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by evablisse(f): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.
Then, you are wrong. Get facts and not assumptions. If they care about each other, there'll be more respect.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by dablazor: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Loool i see paedophiles given this a nod outright..
anyway, its okay, but not when the supposed wife is a child, if she is an adult too, then, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by evablisse(f): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
haibe:

So if Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you today, you will bounce hum telling him he is too young? Let's not deceive ourselves, the reason most ladies prefer older guys is because they are usually financially stable, of course since that's what they like, what do you expect?

I doubt any lady will go for a poor man with 10 years difference, she would prefer a younger guy in this case. Money makes the difference.
One word for you- WRONG. Warning: Do not assume!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by SHOCK7(m): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
cococandy: Sorry about that.take some pills you'll be fine.

And d fb tin?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by SHOCK7(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
evablisse: One word for you- WRONG. Warning: Do not assume!
No he's SO ON POINT!,u're u one dat wrong.Face reality!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by faksy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nairalander's av said it all...it nw depend on u 2 direct ur stiring..... As for me,am 6years older than her...
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by haibe(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
evablisse: One word for you- WRONG. Warning: Do not assume!
ok
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by emmykk(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Toks2008:

Oh my GOD.You just nailed it.

So spot on.

I am about 40 now but i met my ex when she was 19 and i was 27 and just as you wrote,i never saw her like a wife par se but one spoilt mummy's girl because of the age gap and even up till this moment, despite her "madness" at 32 i still kinda feel she is only been childish but i guess i will never take same shit from a 38 or 36year old lady.

And concerning the bold part,i guess this is why i never cheated on her for all the time we were together because i always saw her as a baby that is not even up to te age of ladies i would cheat with if i ever want to so why the stress when i have someone younger and fresher?
You are so right.
i wrote from experience.that is what many ladies dnt know.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
lofty900: considering the fact that women age faster than men especially after child birth, its perfectly ok to marry a man 10yrs older unless u wanna look 10yrs older in 10yrs time

This is not true.

Some women age faster than some men and vice versa.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
I've to decline.
No offense smiley
SHOCK7:
And d fb tin?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by chineloSA(f): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
cecidore: Bianca married Ojukwu and he was old enough to be her father all because of "love". the choice is yours whatever makes you happy, go for it.

I once read an article where the same Bianca said am a mother she would advice her daughter against it. cheesy.
I am just too lazy to look for the article
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by olatwo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
TV01:

As the proud possessor of a wife who is at least ten years younger than me, I can emphatically confirm that not only is it not wrong, it's one of the wisest things a man (or woman) of understanding can do.

There are absolutely no downsides grin!

TV

**nothing much to explain, it makes sound biological sense. It lends itself to male headship if maturity and attainment is commensurate. Women age faster given childbirth. The man is likely to be more indulgent and accommodating of his wife as she matures and ages and unlikely to feel the need to prove a point or overly assert himself. The only caveat is the man should be in good physical shape and keep an eyre on trends, but I'd say that about a couple of any age differential** Loving it cool!

PROUD HUSBAND OF A WOMAN 9 YRS YOUNGER THAN ME. cool cool cool
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by unwanaabasi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
aisha2: Do you love him?
Are you marrying him because you make each other happy or just because he is available?

Is he kind? Is he considerate of you?

Is he a good decent honest man?

Are you only concerned because people will talk? Know that people always talk.
i lik dis response. Thumb up
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
chineloSA:

I once read an article where the same Bianca said am a mother she would advice her daughter against it. cheesy.
I am just too lazy to look for the article

If she is truthful to herself, she will regret her marriage.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by SHOCK7(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
cococandy: I've to decline.
No offense smiley
Haaaaa embarassed
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by daniwealth(m): 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
there is nothing in it dear...is better because the lady will have more respect for her husband
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by maniox(m): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2014
well this is more of a personal thing not what someone is thinking, i think as a lady you shouldnt be that worried but the man
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jennylove7575(f): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
There is nothing wrong marrying a man 10yrs older. What count is love....for me, if I ever change my mind about marriage, that I must marry a man, he must be from 89 yrs old upwards and very rich.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
personally i would not even marry a lady 10 years younger than me... her immaturity would be too much for me to bear!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by yankydollars(f): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Its a mata of hrt babe...so far u luv him,go 4him lobatan kiss
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Azo(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
alutacontinua:

Dey there cheesy
I was once in love with a guy 12 years older, cut him loose cos he messed up sad but I loved him like tomorrow no dey embarassed . When I told my mum about him, she just went on and on about the age difference-in my mind, I was just laughing cos with the way I loved that guy, I knew she wouldn't have been able to stop me. The woman prays too much though, maybe na her prayers make the guy mess up like that sad

Anyways, buky buky, if your daughter is in love, na chill pill you go swallow tongue

please pardon me.. Are you gay No hard feelings. .
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Azo(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
alutacontinua:

Dey there cheesy
I was once in love with a guy 12 years older, cut him loose cos he messed up sad but I loved him like tomorrow no dey embarassed . When I told my mum about him, she just went on and on about the age difference-in my mind, I was just laughing cos with the way I loved that guy, I knew she wouldn't have been able to stop me. The woman prays too much though, maybe na her prayers make the guy mess up like that sad

Anyways, buky buky, if your daughter is in love, na chill pill you go swallow tongue

please no hard feelings.. Are u gay??
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Azo:

please no hard feelings.. Are u gay??

smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by johnsonpolice: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2014
Age is just a number if really u love him.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
lofty900: my dear, the love will be strong depending on the guy. Some old guys still have style and good packaging. But a Naija man will want to dominate the wife
Except u are referring to sugar daddy...cus me I love my sugar daddy mainly because he has money..
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
gina134:
Except u are referring to sugar daddy...cus me I love my sugar daddy mainly because he has money..
But he can't satisfy u in bed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.