Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50191 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Forehead of life. wink wink cheesy

Enough prosencephalon.(Cerebrum)
njokusboy:

grin grin grin

Coco, ur forehead though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by chineloSA(f): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Having dated a guy way older than myself, I would NOT advice any young girl to date a very senior guy. I worked for him after University and he gave me a headstart in life, BUT in hindsight, I feel my life could have turned out differently if I dated my age mate.

smiley Yes I did not experience any abuse, but OLDER MAN come with an amount of challenges. Just to name a few:

1. He has lived his life way before you met him, so he has been there done that and knows it all. Which can be challenging when you are still young and have not experienced life.
2. He possibly has children from previous relationships ( Unless you have no problem being a step mom ).
3. Your developmental stages are likely not gonna be in sync. ( thereby experiencing boredom, being caged, decisions being made for you ( whether by choice or not) etc.
4. Less 'US TIME' especially when he is in business, as he is busy pursuing businesses and trying to bring stability to you ( imagine marrying someone like Dangote, he is a billionare but still pursuing his business interests and have less time
5. Older people automatically baby younger ones. So he is likely to baby you in a lot of ways that you will see and cant see.
TOO MANY TO MENTION

The advantages are
1. Financial security
2. Safer and calculated decisions being made for you through his constant financial advice etc.

Some argue that men in their 23 - 27 yrs are not matured and woman of the same age are more matured. Don't be fooled by woman who claim or appear to be matured at 23 -27yrs, yes some 23yr old woman sound very matured, only because they have learnt through observation through other peoples experiences and books and internet etc, but when you put them in the same situation, they would react totally opposite to their maturity undecided undecided undecided You can only call them matured comparing to their age mates but that does not mean that they are matured to take challenges faced by a 30yr old woman.

All of these things you don't see them while you still dating or married, you will only see them later on in your life. Of cause you will defend it while you are dating an older man. Though I am not saying its wrong, BUT, I WOULD ADVICE ANY YOUNG GIRL AGAINST IT BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE grin grin grin

But TO EACH HIS OWN, as long as one can live with the consequences later on in life. smiley smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by beeevan: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
bukatyne:

It is called preference.

If God made an older man for me, the first thing He would have done is change who I am to fancy an older man. Asking me to marry an older man with my current mindset is martial sucide

I do not know God's plan for my kid and I am willing to accept in the end. But naturally, hell no!

A 30 yr old that comes to look for my 18yr old wants to be castrated.

I also know that age difference has nothing to do with martial success.

I just like them young grin

P.S.: If I married at 25 to a 37yr olf man (12yrs) our kid will be 2yrs when he ll be 40. The older the diff, imagine the age of hubby. @50, he will be going to PTA meeting in primary&jnr secondary when his mates are celebrating their children's matric/convocation.

If a man is to marry young and maintain such difference, them we are talking pedo.

Totally with you on this kiss.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
I like the age gap. Back in the day my limit though was 7 years age difference. Friends thought it weird that I was never attracted to classmates or men in my age bracket.

If I was married to a man my age I wouldn't respect him. In Uni I always thought men my age were immature

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Or when the women are the ones doing everything Efemena's style

Na wa o!

Which wan be "Efemena's style" again? embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
jennykadry: I like the age gap. Back in the day my limit though was 7 years age difference. Friends thought it weird that I was never attracted to classmates or men in my age bracket.

If I was married to a man my age I wouldn't respect him. In Uni I always thought men my age were immature

The older the better.

They're much better in bed - more experienced and so on...
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

The older the better.

They're much better in bed - more experienced and so on...

I agree. They are more experienced in certain areas of life...Bedimatics and just generally experienced. They sometimes talk out of experience and not just from guess work. Till date I still believe that men in their early twenties are not psychologically ready to handle marriage. A woman can be at any age but men I think are very slow in that area. It's my personal opinion. I never dated any uni boy. I had my eyes set on men in the corporate world grin

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
^^ Well said.

Twenties? Too vain...

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bellong: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Efe and Jenny will always find a way to bring in kpekus to discussion.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by apolonius(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
alutacontinua:

that's why I wanna be a cardio-surgeon cheesy cheesy wink
I'll fix the heart tongue

Nah,TLC is adequate!smiley

How are you doing honey?Dropped you an email days ago. Miss you! kiss
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
bukatyne:

It is called preference.

If God made an older man for me, the first thing He would have done is change who I am to fancy an older man. Asking me to marry an older man with my current mindset is martial sucide

I do not know God's plan for my kid and I am willing to accept in the end. But naturally, hell no!

P.S.: If I married at 25 to a 37yr olf man (12yrs) our kid will be 2yrs when he ll be 40. The older the diff, imagine the age of hubby. @50, he will be going to PTA meeting in primary&jnr secondary when his mates are celebrating their children's matric/convocation.

If a man is to marry young and maintain such difference, them we are talking pedo.

You are right sha guess everyone has preferences. But this thing is just time and chance and God's timing for us cos it could go the other way if we are talking about children's ages and doing stuff with them..I know someone who had her first child at 37 so yeah she will be still going to secondary school PTA at 50 too when at that age some women's children have all graduated university so its not necessarily a gender biased thing.I even have a friend who is 3years older than her husband so it could even go the other way too.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jennykadry, how are you? Haven't been seeing lots of your posts. Good to know you are well.

To me, this topic seems a bit shallow. It's like comparing whether its better to marry a light skin lady to a dark skin lady or orobo vs lepa lady. Or better still whether it is better to marry a guy that went to Unilag vs guys from Uniben. People have preference, and somtimes we even end up marrying people that are not our stereotypes. So it all depends on the individual. I am not sure age difference is very important in determining the success of marriage.

I for example had a head start in life and finished school quite early. Most of my classmates in University were 4 years older than me and I was the youngest student in the faculty. Furthermore i was even ahead of my classmates in terms of career because I got a very good job right out of college. So I kind of matured way faster than my age. Infact the first three girlfriends I had were older than me, one as much as three years sef and she wanted to marry me by force. Even when I started dating my wife, she thought I was way older not knowing I was just two years older than her. So far we have been happy.

But I cannot imagine a man dating a girl and both of them being madly in love and they suddenly realise the age difference is less than the ideal age difference so they suddenly break up. Age and maturity are different. Anybody either male or female can marry after 25 years sef (women may be 22 years). But I would never recommend an ideal age gap because I honestly do not think there is one. I have an aunt that is married to a younger man (2 years difference) and they are quite happy. Even my parents are very close in age and they have been happily married for over 40 years. I dont think there is an ideal age difference, more like an ideal person and this varies for each individual.

7 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nashville: Jennykadry, how are you? Haven't been seeing lots of your posts. Good to know you are well.
To me, this topic seems a bit shallow. It's like comparing whether its better to marry a light skin lady to a dark skin lady or orobo vs lepa lady. Or better still whether it is better to marry a guy that went to Unilag vs guys from Uniben. People have preference, and somtimes we even end up marrying people that are not our stereotypes. So it all depends on the individual. I am not sure age difference is very important in determining the success of marriage.
I for example had a head start in life and finished school quite early. Most of my classmates in University were 4 years older than me and I was the youngest student in the faculty. Furthermore i was even ahead of my classmates in terms of career because I got a very good job right out of college. So I kind of matured way faster than my age. Infact the first three girlfriends I had were older than me, one as much as three years sef and she wanted to marry me by force. Even when I started dating my wife, she thought I was way older not knowing I was just two years older than her. So far we have been happy.
But I cannot imagine a man dating a girl and both of them being madly in love and they suddenly realise the age difference is less than the ideal age difference so they suddenly break up. Age and maturity are different. Anybody either male or female can marry after 25 years sef (women may be 22 years). But I would never recommend an ideal age gap because I honestly do not think there is one. I have an aunt that is married to a younger man (2 years difference) and they are quite happy. Even my parents are very close in age and they have been happily married for over 40 years. I dont think there is an ideal age difference, more like an ideal person and this varies for each individual.

My exact thoughts in more paragraphs cheesy

One of my very good male friends got married at 26 and his story was similar to yours Nashville graduated university at 21. He was over mature sef I used to tease him that he behaved like someone ten years older than his actual age.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
apolonius:

Nah,TLC is adequate!smiley

How are you doing honey?Dropped you an email days ago. Miss you! kiss

you did? shocked
I'll check ASAP!
I'm doing good, thanks smiley
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Na lie oh!
Who said younger guys don't know how to rock a woman in bed?
Some lv it hot and steamy(only virile young dudes can meet up to that challenge)
When his energy don dey deplete, mine go join too and we will slow down.

Abi don't we know that d older the man gets, bedmatics will reduce?

Nashville be prepared oh!(Don't say I didn't tell u)
Some will even start using drugs.
And the fear of heart attack abounds also.

Shepke I discovered dey go market well for older guys here. Heard it helps a lot.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by soonest(f): 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
This topic takes me down memory lane
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
bellong: Efe and Jenny will always find a way to bring in kpekus to discussion.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin

Efe and Jk, what have ye to say for yourselves? tongue cheesy
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
bellong: Efe and Jenny will always find a way to bring in kpekus to discussion.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

I said nothing,. Efemenaxy is the culprit here cheesy. I have since repented. I am a new being Sir. I only said that older men are more experienced in the bedimatics business. The older men get, the more sexually satisfied they are...i.e. it changes from quantity to quality but some young gals and boys know this not. lipsrsealed
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin grin

Efe and Jk, what have ye to say for yourselves? tongue cheesy

Nothing to say ma. I will let Efemena do the talking the minute she comes up for air after explaining the number of thread counts in the sheets to Mr EfemenaXY lipsrsealed. Intel has it that she finds the sheets very comfy while her oga finds it very uncomfy, so Efe being the good wife that she is has decided to take Mr Efe on a 'lying' ride under the sheets for him to feel the smooth 100% cotton sheets. Don't be surprised if she speaks in parables...some of us understand. It's either she's helping her children with home work or she is taking the last baby to school.....all na the same...she is away for a period of time and knowing the kind person she is......no delay goes unrewarded

She will be here soon.

@Nashville

*waves* hey Nashville. Just a quick personal question and feel free not to reply...but has se.x gotten better with age for you or not?

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
jennykadry:

Nothing to say ma. I will let Efemena do the talking the minute she comes up for air after explaining the number of thread counts in the sheets to Mr EfemenaXY lipsrsealed. Intel has it that she finds the sheets very comfy while her oga finds it very uncomfy, so Efe being the good wife that she is has decided to take Mr Efe on a 'lying' ride under the sheets for him to feel the smooth 100% cotton sheets. Don't be surprised if she speaks in parables...some of us understand. It's either she's helping her children with home work or she is taking the last baby to school.....all is the same...she is away for a period of time and knowing the kind person she is......no delay goes unrewarded

She will be here soon.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bellong: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=jennykadry][/quote]

Explanation partially accepted. grin grin

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
jennykadry:

@Nashville

*waves* hey Nashville. Just a quick personal question and feel free not to reply...but has se.x gotten better with age for you or not?

I will answer this way. Its like any learning curve... the more you do something - and it this case with one particular person; you begin to know what works for both of you and you get to press the right buttons. So, even if physical energy has reduced - and yes it reduces with age for men, it may not have a negative effect on sex because you know what excites your partner and you know the right things to do.

So, in my view, it has gotten easier. But the main thing that affects men apart from reduced energy is just stress and pressure. Stress and the pressures of life can have a huge effect on sex for men in particular. And these things come more with age.

Hope I answered your question. smiley
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nashville:

I will answer this way. Its like any learning curve... the more you do something - and it this case with one particular person; you begin to know what works for both of you and you get to press the right buttons. So, even if physical energy has reduced - and yes it reduces with age for men, it may not have a negative effect on sex because you know what excites your partner and you know the right things to do.

So, in my view, it has gotten easier. But the main thing that affects men apart from reduced energy is just stress and pressure. Stress and the pressures of life can have a huge effect on sex for men in particular. And these things come more with age.

Hope I answered your question. smiley

You kind of did. But what if it's not about doing something with one particular person? what if I am talking about se.x in general. As in from when the first forbidden apple was bitten by you till date. Do you think it has gotten better? or do you think you were your best in your younger days (not saying you are old now) cheesy

Actually I am interested in 'experienced people's' comment on this issue. I am talking about people with teenage kids...yes the quantity reduces with age but does the quality as well?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by coogar: 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
bukatyne:

It is called preference.

this mindset is extremely myopic.
so what if a woman married that young man & the baby does not show up after 10 years...she should get a divorce because her hubby would look 50 when the kid is 2?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
@Coogar
Do you think se.x gets better with age or not?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by coogar: 12:02am On Sep 07, 2014
jennykadry: @Coogar
Do you think se.x gets better with age or not?

older wine tastes better.
however, there is a caveat to it. both partners need to be physically fit, gym-loving, etc

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

older wine tastes better.
however, there is a caveat to it. both partners need to be physically fit, gym-loving, etc

....and I agree
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by repogirl(f): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Age is nothing, I never could stand young guys while I was dating..... But its not as if there aren't younger guys who can be cool.... My husband is ten years older than I am and he's cool, doesn't look a day older than twenty eight..... At first I was skeptical about our relationship but he was so normal and fun that I didn't feel anything amiss, I have even forgotten our age difference.

its not about age but about the person, doesn't mean you should marry your fathers age mate sha o!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mako007(m): 1:00am On Sep 07, 2014
repogirl: Age is nothing, I never could stand young guys while I was dating..... But its not as if there aren't younger guys who can be cool.... My husband is ten years older than I am and he's cool, doesn't look a day older than twenty eight..... At first I was skeptical about our relationship but he was so normal and fun that I didn't feel anything amiss, I have even forgotten our age difference.

its not about age but about the person, doesn't mean you should marry your fathers age mate sha o!
shocked shocked shocked you're married?? Wat kinda place is NL, I'm not hitting on nobody again. It's done

5 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ishilove: 1:20am On Sep 07, 2014
cococandy:
Nothing wrong with it IMO.
If you ask me,it works perfectly.

Anyway I guess I'm different. I've rarely been attracted to guys close to my age.
You're my twinny grin

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Na wa o!

Which wan be "Efemena's style" again? embarassed embarassed undecided

Lol!

You have one beautiful job description of a hardworking husband grin

That migh be one reason why women age drastically more than their hubbys.

Happy sunday
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

this mindset is extremely myopic.
so what if a woman married that young man & the baby does not show up after 10 years...she should get a divorce because her hubby would look 50 when the kid is 2?

This post doesnot help your case undecided

If that woman married an older than and the baby didnot show up after ten years?

Or do you have evidence to show that only couples with little age difference TT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / Lina Medina, Youngest Mother Ever Who Was Just 5 & Had To Have A C-section / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.