Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:06 PM

The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures (83254 Views)

Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / How Adamawa Governor Sat In Atiku's House (Photo) / Must See - African Bravery In Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by mekadinho(f): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
thinezy: quite interesting
God made clothes with leaves for adam and eve Shey?
Na lie abeg, God made Jeans for them. Or wait make I call Cain and Abel to confirm.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by mekadinho(f): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
UnknownT: I remember one postal agency's motto back then, WE HAVE BEEN TO KOMA
Peace Courier services.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by UnknownT: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
mekadinho:
Peace Courier services.
Thank you! Wait oh! Shouldn't it be Ifesinachi Courier services?

1 Like

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Amadaz(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sagged breast is all i see.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by kgr8mike(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Gboliwe: Women in Koma wear leaves but their men wear real clothes! What kind of injustice is this? angry

Most of our women will always like to go without cloths even when the men are properly dressed. Check out our celebrities and students. It is no injustice I think.

3 Likes

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by kechywillz(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
men,if not for boko haram insurgents in that area,its closer to were i stay,i could have loved to visit their to confirm if what am seeing is real,i doubt this kind of ppl exist in nigeria,not in dis 21st century
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by akpanikpe(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eyop: Adamawa in Nigeria or which country shocked shocked
Good question, that place is not 9ja abeg, May be neighboring border country like Chad or Cameroon.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Ignatio(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pervs.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by chismo007(m): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
@ op y u no show us young girls wey dia b*b*y still stand u dey show us old women abi na only old people dey stay for d koma village?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by whosefault(f): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
why are the men on cloth and the women with fresh leaves?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by nenny(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
They should be protected and allowed to to practise their own culture and way of life. I hope they won't force this so called civilisation on them.

2 Likes

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by blezzymoore: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
Where are their naked men
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
MANGAM: Koma is a relatively primitive hill-dwelling ethnic group in northern Adamawa, in the Atlantika Mountains, which shares a border with southern Cameroun. Hill-dwellers are spread through the south and southwest of these mountains, including many on the Cameroun side. There are 21 Koma villages in the Cameroonian side of the Alantika Mountains and 17 villages on the Nigerian side.

History

The Koma people became recognized as Nigerians in 1961, a year after independence, along with the old provinces of northern Cameroun. Today Koma is part of the seven districts of Ganye local government in Adamawa State.

The hill was discovered in 1986 by a corps member.

The Koma have their own language, known as Koma, with an estimated 61,000 speakers. It is a member of the Niger–Congo language group. The Koma people are divided into three main groups: the hill-dwelling Beya and Ndamti, and the Vomni lowlanders.

They are committed to their traditional culture. The men wear loincloths by men and women wear fresh leaves. Koma men are much more receptive to wearing of contemporary clothes than the women. Customarily children in Koma inherit their maternal lineage. As a mark of acceptance and friendship, a Koma man may share his wife with friends, especially visitors. They have an average population of about 400 people per village, and many engage in rearing of animals.

The late Colonel Yohanna Madaki visited the mountains in 1989, at the insistence of the first set of corps members posted to the lowlands.

Culture

Among the Komas, a twin birth is regarded as evil, and twins are considered abominable so much so that until recently babies of multiple births used to be buried alive with the women who had the 'misfortune' of being their mothers. This obnoxious practice of twins killing is out of vogue among Komas who dwell on the plains, but in the out-of-the-way settlements on the hills, the ancient practice still thrives untainted.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koma_in_Adamawa

Ehen!

I need to go and do some genealogical research and prove that Kanye West's ancestors were Koma before they were sold into slavery.

Then I can be his friend or visitor to his pad. cheesy

"Kim K, open that leg A-sharp!" grin
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by cityhunter1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
why na only women dem dress neked
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
MANGAM:
Culture

Among the Komas, a twin birth is regarded as evil, and twins are considered abominable so much so that until recently babies of multiple births used to be buried alive with the women who had the 'misfortune' of being their mothers. This obnoxious practice of twins killing is out of vogue among Komas who dwell on the plains, but in the out-of-the-way settlements on the hills, the ancient practice still thrives untainted.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koma_in_Adamawa

I keep on saying it.

Fucktards are dangerous. They are particularly dangerous when we let them have a say in decision-making or policy-setting.

1 Like

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
cityhunter1: why na only women dem dress neked

Because they are anti-Islam. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
thinezy: quite interesting
God made clothes with leaves for adam and eve Shey?

While your God was making clothes with leaves, intelligent men were making clothes with fabric.

So much for your God's intellect.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
mstik: i wonder how civilisation eluded these people for so long

Because the useless and heartless leaders our fcktards vote for see buying themselves private jets as priority.

And fcktards like pendusky would pray for them when the private jets crash.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
slimmy05: And they have the likes Aliko Dangote, Adulsalam, Atiku, and top northern billionaires. The more reason why they need not be in power if with their wealth, they cannot extend hands of help to their people despite several years in govt. Shame on them.

You are a cretinous person!

When was Aliko Dangote in government and how is this is responsibility?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sagamite:

When was Aliko Dangote in government and how is this is responsibility?
I can see youre an attention wh.ore. I don't have the luxury time to start exchanging words with juveniles.

If you cannot differentiate between 'is' and 'his', then you need a queen prima.

1 Like

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by OXYGENO1: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
Blackchampion: Waitooooo! re dis ppl Nigerians too?
If not nigeria where again?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
IdomaLikita: A decent Government will declare the entire Koma Area Protected! Before Civilisation will corrupt this Pure Life form!
Need I add that Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus etc are vitrually non-existent in Koma Communities due to their Primitive Diets!

And civilisation is such a bad thing?

Mugu!
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by OXYGENO1: 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
iceberylin: mehn, This is real nigeria shocked
FIXED
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
kalishay:

The difference between u and them is "opportunity"

And possibly they are smarter than him.

1 Like

Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
slimmy05: I can see youre an attention wh.ore. I don't have the luxury time to start exchanging words with juveniles.

If you cannot differentiate between 'is' and 'his', then you need a queen prima.

Since when did it become billionaires' job to do the job of the government?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Ephramed(m): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
This is the koma of then.them too they don civilise.Nigerian missionaries dey help them well well.so for those who want to travell there should get his mind out of the gutter cos you will be disappointed that what you are wearing ,them too they are wearing.one thing that amaze me with this people is their level of intelligence in western school.you go dey shock,them dey brilliant.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by pendusky(m): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Because the useless and heartless leaders our fcktards vote for see buying themselves private jets as priority.

And fcktards like pendusky would pray for them when the private jets crash.

grin thanks for the mention ...
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Since when did it become billionaires' job to do the job of the government?
Not far fetched to see you just added some words to your vocab and youre going insane at using them.

Wasted sper.m
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
slimmy05: Not far fetched to see you just added some words to your vocab and youre going insane at using them.

Wasted sper.m

Why were you moronic enough to think Dangote owes you or anyone else anything?
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Galadimabawa: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Don't believe everything you read.
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Godsknight(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sagamite:

While your God was making clothes with leaves, intelligent men were making clothes with fabric.

So much for your God's intellect.
wise men speak becos they ve something to say while foolish men speak becos they must say something
Re: The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godsknight: wise men speak becos they ve something to say while foolish men speak becos they must say something

So why are you speaking?

You know this and did not know foolish men need to shut up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic) / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.