Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? (13773 Views)

Make Money From Cooking At Home / Share Your Worst Eating-out Experience / Is Eating Out Alone A Social Taboo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by bigx(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2014
Depends on the "out"

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Lol @Paroman
...I lost count grin
Me good...chilling and lowkey. waiting for you to come make things trend for me #blinksEyelashes#
grin grin who you dey blink eyelashes for?? I for carry you make we go do summer holiday for Ghana but since your hussy no gree me na, wetin man go come do?
Please disregard the 'b1tches' part of my meme.

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by darlingnuel(m): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2014
Valeree: its cheaper to eat outside when you are a bachelor or sphincter...
Sphincter? Are u for real? Smh
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 07, 2014
This is the 965th time this topic will make front page, maka why?
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2014
chinnyonwu: shocked
buruba.
anyways it very clear making your own food is cheaper... but as a cost accountant, if yu include your opportunity cost, stress, dishes, the price would almost be the same. my only problem with restaurant be say their food no de belleful again plus after a while u get tired from lack of extensive variety.
Hehe, don't mind. I call ma male friends 'boyfriends'. Lol @ as a cost accountant... their food they belleful me sha.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by eightsin(m): 7:21am On Sep 07, 2014
Eating out is cheaper depending On What / where you Are. But making your food is more hygienic
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by puscifer: 7:24am On Sep 07, 2014
Gifted4all: Cooking at home is far better but the rush life in lagos gives one no time but to patronise the fast food and mama put.

Iya beji give me rice 70 beans 30 plantain 50 1beef 1kpomo and 1 round about
but consider if you want to cook all this at home...i mean the labour, stress etc.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by fapcrook(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Ipledge: My mum have a resteaurant I can definately tell you that cheaper making QUALITY FOOD your self
this your grammar

2 Likes

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Clinton594(m): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2014
in Suarez's voice 'You see why I love to bite pipo'

I thought OP's question was ' WHICH IS CHEAPER ' and not which is better.
Haba 9ja is sitting on a time bomb indeed in terms of education and understanding.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2014
puscifer: You guys forgot to factor in labor! Think about the time spent in grocery shopping and preparing the food at minimum wage and things start to become more even. Also, We do waste alot of food when cooking at home.
wherever I may be I would love to cooking my own Food ...... I only eat out when I just wanna have some bash of the restaurant !!!

Always cheaper to cook one's food as in you go chop and belleful and e go still remain for pot with 1/4 of the amount you woulda spent in restaurant !!
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2014
fapcrook: this your grammar
it was 11:17pm, almost sleeping, and if u were sensible enough, you would have known its typo error.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Clinton594(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Ipledge: it was 11:17pm, almost sleeping, and if u were sensible enough, you would have known its typo error.

My brother allow all these English teachers be. When it's time to woo a woman with correct grammar you go see 'em falling hands ...
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by MaziOmenuko: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2014
People don't value their health, only their wealth; not knowing that the two are not mutually exclusive.
Restaurants don't care about your health; they feed you with cholesterol rich oil and assorted seasoning rich with body-harming chemicals.

Why will they waste N2,000 on crayfish for a big pot of soup when N200 seasoning can do the trick? Why will they buy grand soya oil when the traditional oil sells a quarter of its price for same quantity?

Health is wealth!

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by tayoxx(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2014
sphincter is a round ring like muscle found in d anus o....
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by elari(m): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2014
Khalessi:
A sphincter is an anatomical structure, a circular muscle that normally maintains constriction of a natural body passage ...
. . . For u not to be able to decode she meant an unmarried/ single lady, instead u took time going to get the def. Of a word not use properly shows u need help cos at the end of the mockery, u still failed to let the error made out. U are therefore a problem to this country

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by UjSizzle(f): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2014
When I served, I ate out for the first 6 months and cooked the other 5mths.
The former cost me a lot less than the latter.

1 Like

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Booty4me: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2014
As a barchelor, eating outside is cheaper

As a married man with kids cooking at home is more cheaper
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Elzends(m): 9:22am On Sep 07, 2014
leonard509: y

E

S..

Land's not for sale, beware of 419
U b goat??
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by 100Cents: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2014
Cooking at home is cheaper by 3 to 4 or even 2 to 4.

I cook at home unless my schedule is too busy.

I just cooked this morning...
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by LordReed(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2014

Note its spinster not sphincter. Sphincter is the muscle that controls the anus. LoL!

2 Likes

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2014
kolamilan: When it comes to choosing between Mom’s homemade vegetable soup and the one we often get at restaurants, it would be a foregone conclusion that most of us would gladly settle for the first one. But with many eateries especially fast-food places, coming up with value meals and discounts, and given the rapidly rising cost of common groceries, it could actually be cheaper to head out to nearest mama put or any food joint, rather than prepare a meal in your own kitchen. So which one is cheaper ?

Cheaper!!!! Depends on where you choose to eat from and what you choose to eat and the quantity you eat.

That's all..

During my service days, I only cooked at home when my debit alert enters the red.. Now what I realized was: with my last 2K I could visit the market down the road and buy stuff to make a healthy sized pot of stew with fish and buy enough rice to last me for like 4 - 6 days or even cook a giant pot of beans and eat for a week as against going to eat what I refered to as value meal which was fried yams and fish which cost 150 Naira or buy from mama put which costs like 300 - 450 depending on what I ate.

So technically, cooking is less expensive in a funny way if you ignore the cost of Gas. grin

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2014
LordReed:

Note its spinster not sphincter. Sphincter is the muscle that controls the anus. LoL!

Auto correct is a biitch.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by fapcrook(m): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2014
Ipledge: it was 11:17pm, almost sleeping, and if u were sensible enough, you would have known its typo error.
pele, ma binu, aburo
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by chux76(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2014

No b only "Sphincter"...Na SPLEEN grin grin grin
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by chux76(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2014

No b only "Sphincter"...Na SPLEEN grin grin grin

The right word there is SPINSTER.....thank me l8r
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by jeje123(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2014
Atelewo eni o ki tan eni jee. No matter hw delicious eating outside is, u can't compare it wit wat u prepare by urself. No respect in bukataria.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by idris4r83(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2014
sphincter u said?
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Chanchit: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Cooking at home is now very xpensive, with N200, you can eat rice N50, plantain N30, Spaghetti N20, salad N50, meat N50, jst imagine how much it would cost to cook that in your house, but you no go belefull sha, cooking at home makes you eat to ur satisfaction, but sometimes in a bid to avoid wasting the food you have to over eat, which I don't like.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by mamachops(f): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2014
its cheaper and healthier to cook urself....bt when its impossible employ a house keeper.
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by franzis(m): 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
If you are talking about the cost of eating out 3 square meals a day, its better u cook @ home
Re: Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Sometimes it is,depends on how often you eat and how may people are eating...when I was in school I can eat once in two days, so it was cheaper for me...
When I hustle- cook, I have to invite my boyfriends to eat, if they don't come it ends up wasting...so it was cheaper for me to eat out once in two days...but now I can't try it.

@paroman...me missed ya - in a legit way. grin

Once in two days?..and I thought I dont eat........sure you aint got anorexia nervosa young lady?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Cow Attacks Man In Onitsha / Loveth Sea Foods From Akwa Ibom / Yoruba Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.