Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Forte - Dating And Meet-up Zone (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Forte (15917 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
daveP: lo, tot u wouldnt rem. Yeah it is grin grin im in the forte, anything for me? cheesy been good, u?
Been better my dear.
What's poppin' tonight?
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
MizMyColi: Been better my dear.
What's poppin' tonight?
NERC denied me the access to unleash what i wanted to. Phew. (goes back to watch Liverpool)
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
daveP: NERC denied me the access to unleash what i wanted to. Phew. (goes back to watch Liverpool)

LoL, what's NERC?

Goodevening
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL, what's NERC?

Goodevening
lol (hits head in the air) dave stop confusing MizMy!

Ive been struggling hard to get used to the name for months to. Seems we're still used to 'hop NEPA!!! ' grin

How did today go?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
daveP: lol (hits head in the air) dave stop confusing MizMy!

Ive been struggling hard to get used to the name for months to. Seems we're still used to 'hop NEPA!!! ' grin

How did today go?

grin grin grin

It gets better.

I've been bodily weak all day.

But it's all good. Thanks for asking btw. How's yours?

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
goofyone:

Your response on replying mentions is pretty evasive. But there's an extent to which someone can sound convincing after they've messed up with your head already by making you like them. Maybe that's where i find myself now smiley

I didn't suspect you had a very religious upbringing. I guess that's probably having the greatest effect on you now as you develop, causing your thinking to evolve and mutate into different directions. And probably serving as good ground to develop this open and independent personality. Probably.

I was never really religious at any point, so gospel music doesn't cut it for me at all. The desire to experiment however characterizes my taste in music, just as it does in real life. When i was younger i used to just log on to the internet and download any kind of songs i could find on beemp3, mp3archive, etc. I came across a whole bunch of interesting acts i still follow till today: daft punk, deadmau5, dead can dance, snow patrol, duck sauce, etc. These days i find myself doing same again, especially with YouTube. Recently i discovered Lindsey Striling. She really is very good. You can check out some of her scores.

Generally, I just love contemplative music. Not necessarily classical, but surely something different.

Interests: chess, music, F1, motoGP, football sometimes (didn't watch Nigeria this night, lol), intelligent women, intellectual conversations, traveling (a lot), languages (i speak French and German), mathematics, philosophy (a great lot), literature, video games, and actually much more.
You mean you speaks Up to A2 Level German? Or.....
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
MizMyColi:

grin grin grin

It gets better.

I've been bodily weak all day.

But it's all good. Thanks for asking btw. How's yours?
eeyah. It happens. Stress combines and hits u on a particular day. Mine is always on sundays. Day was good overall. Rest well smiley

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL cheesy
Okay, picture it this way, a guy's talking with a buddy @ a restaurant, there's a young lady directly behind them. The young man begins to outline the qualities he desires in a would be maite, he says stuffs like: "She's got to be pretty"
She immediately takes that in and smiles, with her sunglasses on.
"She's got to be smart"
She repeats the same action.

Now she may never meet that guy again, but it kinda felt to her like he was directly talking to her.
Some of us just don't admit it but the women folk are suckers for words of affirmation cool

Hope my illustration cuts it for you?

Yeah, it actually does.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: You mean you speaks Up to A2 Level German? Or.....
I speak up to C1-C2
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
MizMyColi, this is saying hi to you at the Forte! smiley
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
goofyone:
I speak up to C1-C2
you mean more than A2 ?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: you mean more than A2 ?
Yeah, pretty much
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
goofyone:
Yeah, pretty much
bravo.. Where do you take dat and for how many months? Will really like to know how it works...
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
goofyone: MizMyColi, this is saying hi to you at the Forte! smiley

shocked shocked shocked
I should just pretend I'm not happy to see you tongue

Well I am! grin

Where in God's Green Nairaland have you been?

GoodMorning, Afternoon, Evening and Night.

Incase I don't e-see you for another 1 week cool

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

shocked shocked shocked
I should just pretend I'm not happy to see you tongue

Well I am! grin

Where in God's Green Nairaland have you been?

GoodMorning, Afternoon, Evening and Night.

Incase I don't e-see you for another 1 week cool

Lol. I've just been there. Mizmycoli, we really need to talk jor. We need to use your brains to do some work grin

I should be around. I want to be around.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
goofyone:

Lol. I've just been there. Mizmycoli, we really need to talk jor. We need to use your brains to do some work grin

I should be around. I want to be around.

*adjusts my seat towards him*
cool

Really? grin

I'm in! smiley

Let's talk, I like talk cheesy

Really, I was beginning to wonder what happened.
Good to know you're fine though.
So what's poppin'? cool
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Feeling this song @TheMoment

Flo - Twale

Eissshhhh........I should get up and shake it up alreadyy!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I love the secular feel of this music.

Eiiisshhh....This is an upgrade. cheesy cheesy

I don't agree with all the lyrics though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0tEWRGraI&list=RDaF0tEWRGraI#t=95
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 18, 2014
Hi forte!!

I was thinking, when I grow up I want to be just like goofyone. The dude speaks german, he's passionate about math and philosophy, plays chess, follows F1 and motoGP and best of all he's a naija based nigerian. Awwwesomeness personified. Bro, what type of video games are you into?

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

*adjusts my seat towards him*
cool

Really? grin

I'm in! smiley

Let's talk, I like talk cheesy

Really, I was beginning to wonder what happened.
Good to know you're fine though.
So what's poppin'? cool

Nothing much is popping. lolzzz. About the talk, I'll gist you on PM. Hope you day's going great!
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
goofyone:

Nothing much is popping. lolzzz. About the talk, I'll gist you on PM. Hope you day's going great!

Like To'ally. Yeah

It's been a less busy day at work.

NL's making my day funnier cheesy

How's yours?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Xcapist: Hi forte!!

I was thinking, when I grow up I want to be just like goofyone. The dude speaks german, he's passionate about math and philosophy, plays chess, follows F1 and motoGP and best of all he's a naija based nigerian. Awwwesomeness personified. Bro, what type of video games are you into?

Really, Xcapist. You might want to be sure about that though, cos a loooooot of people still see me as weird. And not just weird, but very weird.
Imagine meeting up with a friend and asking him if he "saw qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix yesterday", say. Just cos, you really are so desperate to talk to someone about the race. And they'll just give you that look that'll make you question your interests. So, bro, not that easy.

The last interesting F1 conversation I had was in a bus in Melun, France. You don't get many people here in Nigeria who are so interested in F1. Just saying. There are though. not to generalize.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting thing to have "weird" interests. And really, I don't think I'm awesome at all. Not at all.

Video games: mainly Uncharted (Love this game. I've played all the series, including the one on PS Vita; still waiting to play the one on PS4), God of War (played everything), Fallout, Watch Dogs (still looking forward to playing this game, especially on PS4), Last of Us (still playing this), Walking Dead, Call of Duty (played everything on PS Vita & PS3), Metal Gear, GTA!!!!! (Played everything on PC, Tablet, PS; but still haven't played GTA V), Need for Speed, Grand Tourismo. That's all I remember now. I hardly play FIFA or PES sha. Not exactly my kind of game.
And you?

2 Likes

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

Like To'ally. Yeah

It's been a less busy day at work.

NL's making my day funnier cheesy

How's yours?

lol. Interesting. Haven't really gone through NL today. Just thought to pop in and send you message. Work's crazy; just some reports to fill in. What you been reading on NL? Lead me to it.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
goofyone:

lol. Interesting. Haven't really gone through NL today. Just thought to pop in and send you message. Work's crazy; just some reports to fill in. What you been reading on NL? Lead me to it.

Pele Shogbo?
and thanks too.
I like it when people are thoughtful. grin

I've been in high spirits since today.
I mentioned you in one of the threads.

It's been hilarious.

Then there's this one on girlfriends being a wasteangry

I've been playing there too.
And replying some threads I consider eediattic cheesy cheesy

You can see all I've been upto if you click on my posts cool

just don't take some of them too serious.
I'm mostly in a playful mood today.

I even claimed that I was high on elephant grass and skunk in one of them shocked
LoL

Oh! that makes two of us, who aspire to be like you when we grow upwink
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
goofyone:

Really, Xcapist. You might want to be sure about that though, cos a loooooot of people still see me as weird. And not just weird, but very weird.
Imagine meeting up with a friend and asking him if he "saw qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix yesterday", say. Just cos, you really are so desperate to talk to someone about the race. And they'll just give you that look that'll make you question your interests. So, bro, not that easy.

The last interesting F1 conversation I had was in a bus in Melun, France. You don't get many people here in Nigeria who are so interested in F1. Just saying. There are though. not to generalize.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting thing to have "weird" interests. And really, I don't think I'm awesome at all. Not at all.

Video games: mainly Uncharted (Love this game. I've played all the series, including the one on PS Vita; still waiting to play the one on PS4), God of War (played everything), Fallout, Watch Dogs (still looking forward to playing this game, especially on PS4), Last of Us (still playing this), Walking Dead, Call of Duty (played everything on PS Vita & PS3), Metal Gear, GTA!!!!! (Played everything on PC, Tablet, PS; but still haven't played GTA V), Need for Speed, Grand Tourismo. That's all I remember now. I hardly play FIFA or PES sha. Not exactly my kind of game.
And you?

Weird is the new awesome! I'd give the little pinky finger of my left hand if I could have more "weird" friends in return. "Normal" easily gets boring don't you think?

Recently, a friend paid me a 'complement', he said I drive like Lewis Hamilton, and I gave him the "Lewis whaaa?!" look. It took me a century to recall that I often hear that name on CNN formula one sport report. So, I'm not an F1, motoGP fan (though I must confess that I fantasise running loose in one of those compact f1 cars someday) but if you had said that your interests included the occult, astrophysics and butterfly collecting, I'd still be impressed. Anything counter mainstream might just impressed me, especially if you added maths, philosophy and chess in to the mix *brainiac alert buzzing*

My taste in video games is quite strange. I also don't fancy FIFA and PES... it's just one of those guy skill things one keeps up his sleeve for a rainy day. Anyways, my poison is the Real Time Strategy genre, from Rise of Nation, Rise of Legends, Rise of Empires, Age of Mythology, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, my favorite is Rise of Nations. Others games I enjoy include GTA, not with much zest since San Andreas though, CoD is my niche, Joan of Arc, Assassin's Creed, Freedom Fighter, MK, Tomb Raider 2013, Halo, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hitman Series, Max Payne series, NFS, other old, less popular games I enjoyed include Democracy, Mad City and Italian Job cheesy I find God of War & Co to be too gory for me to handle.

If you say you're not awesome then it's either you're trying to be modest or your awesome glow is blinding you to your own awesomeness tongue...well, except if you're a 70 year old man then that's another case altogether.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Xcapist:

Weird is the new awesome! I'd give the little pinky finger of my left hand if I could have more "weird" friends in return. "Normal" easily gets boring don't you think?

Recently, a friend paid me a 'complement', he said I drive like Lewis Hamilton, and I gave him the "Lewis whaaa?!" look. It took me a century to recall that I often hear that name on CNN formula one sport report. So, I'm not an F1, motoGP fan (though I must confess that I fantasise running loose in one of those compact f1 cars someday) but if you had said that your interests included the occult, astrophysics and butterfly collecting, I'd still be impressed. Anything counter mainstream might just impressed me, especially if you added maths, philosophy and chess in to the mix *brainiac alert buzzing*

My taste in video games is quite strange. I also don't fancy FIFA and PES... it's just one of those guy skill things one keeps up his sleeve for a rainy day. Anyways, my poison is the Real Time Strategy genre, from Rise of Nation, Rise of Legends, Rise of Empires, Age of Mythology, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, my favorite is Rise of Nations. Others games I enjoy include GTA, not with much zest since San Andreas though, CoD is my niche, Joan of Arc, Assassin's Creed, Freedom Fighter, MK, Tomb Raider 2013, Halo, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hitman Series, Max Payne series, NFS, other old, less popular games I enjoyed include Democracy, Mad City and Italian Job cheesy I find God of War & Co to be too gory for me to handle.

If you say you're not awesome then it's either you're trying to be modest or your awesome glow is blinding you to your own awesomeness tongue...well, except if you're a 70 year old man then that's another case altogether.
Was so nice reading this...I laughed at some point. Lewis is a fantastic driver, never mind it's just unusual he only speaks English. Many other F1 drivers speak more than one language. The fact that Lewis doesn't speak Italian or German is one thing not going for him.
What sports do you have interests in?

Well, if you think I'm awesome that's just great. I like your interests, though. I used to think it was weird to not love PES & FIFA. Nice to have company here. I can play FIFA, and easily beat many of those who thump their chests. You see, when you know how to play video games, you are guided more by instinct and intuition. Playing PES will be so easy, you won't even know how you learnt it in the first place.
I have played Max Payne on PC. But I didn't get far at all. I just didn't fall in love with it and its drama. San Andreas is just great. Vice City is the bomb! I'll always love GTA. Assasin's Creed I'm playing on PS Vita. I haven't gone far on that one as well.

And I am indeed interested in the occult and in astrophysics. I used to be (and still am kinda) crazy about astrophysics. What didn't I read? Relativity? Quantum mechanics? The Big Bang Theory? Expanding Universe? Steady State Model? I read everything. At some point I started fantasizing about making a huge discovery that'll make "America know" grin and probably come for me sef. lol. Wild dream.
It was fun though. I got all my books in second hand book stores. Didn't even use the internet then. I would abandon my school notes (they never really posed any problems anyways) and just go along with reading dusty books that disturb my nose, dusty books I got off the streets at second hand bookshops. Was great!

Meanwhile, what's the idea behind your username, Xcapist? just curious

Why didn't I mention Hitman!? I finished Absolution already. Very nice game, with a lot of variety to it.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2014
^^^

^^^

embarassed

coolYour interests make me feel uninteresting and intimidated.

Good Morning xcapist and goofyone (oh, add afternoon, evening and night) grin
wink
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2014
goofyone:

And you?

With this? I bet you its possible no1 can be more weirder grin.... @ur back for now....
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi: ^^^

^^^

embarassed

coolYour interests make me feel uninteresting and intimidated.

Good Morning xcapist and goofyone (oh, add afternoon, evening and night) grin
wink
you really are so funny with that smiley
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
goofyone:
you really are so funny with that smiley

Thanks.
Goodevening smiley

Today been good?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

Thanks.
Goodevening smiley

Today been good?
You really are always online, ehn! Evening to you to, madam. Today has been...well...not bad smiley
How you been? And how are the guys?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hi Forte!

You know, I was very astonished when I read the news that Linda Ikeji bought a 24m car. Now, that' some news!
Of course, we all know the cost is not up to 24m. Maybe 20m, maybe 21m. I don't know.

But the point of this writing is not to discuss the cost of Linda's car. It is to point out that Nairaland is failing to achieve its own potentials. Can the Nairaland guy boast of this much? If you look at the cost of advertising on Nairaland, it's hard to put this at par with the cost of advertising on Linda Ikeji's blog. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think quite a lot of people also hold this opinion.

Can this Nairaland guy do better? Is there something he's doing wrongly? undecided
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
goofyone:
You really are always online, ehn! Evening to you to, madam. Today has been...well...not bad smiley
How you been? And how are the guys?

LoLzzz......
cheesy cheesy

Don't be like me.
Somedays I wish I could just go offline.
Blame it on the PC in front of me and the fact that I always have to be on the alert for those e-mails. cool

Then my topic hits homepage (unexpectedly though).......
Had to be there to reply a few comments before unfollowing the thread grin

Errrr.......the guy? Around here?
Same as usual.
Absent.

Orrr were you referring to another "guys"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Married And Bored Just Like Me? Let's Be Friends... / People Who Should Be Twins On Romance Section / The IBADAN Thread! || Whatsapp Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.