Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika (1023 Views)

Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal / Oshiomhole's Baseless Diatribe Against Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by gratiaeo(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika, has said people should stop peddling talks of Boko Haram nonchalantly, noting that, “baseless and frivolous allegations have the capacity of diverting Nigeria’s attention”.

Ihejirika gave the advice at the Third Quarter Get Together of the Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 18 in Abuja on Friday.

He called on all Nigerians to support President Goodluck Jonathan and members of the Armed Forces in their onerous task to rid the country of terrorism.

“I want to further advice that baseless and frivolous allegations have the capacity of diverting our attention away from the main problem.

“Nigeria must exist before you can hold a single political office, or be a business man, and there is no compromise in the effort to have a peaceful Nigeria.

“Therefore, I have no apologies what so ever to those who thought that I was highhanded; every army makes a lot of effort to ensure that troops operate within the rules of engagement.

“And our Department of Civil Military Affairs has done so much in this regard,” he said.

According to Ihejirika, “no matter the pressure, I will not contribute in any form to overheating the system, when one joins the military, it is for sacrifice.

“The current Boko Haram menace is one problem that we will overcome and hopefully come up even stronger.

“A lot of people had spoken on an issue that wouldn’t have been subject of discourse if we had better knowledge of the strategy and tactics of terrorists the world over.

“If this forum had been able to bring PDP and APC together, it would be a major achievement. So, I can say that gradually, we will get to the root of our problem.”

Ihejirika said it was not easily appreciated when he said that the nation was at war at the 2011 Chief of Army Staff Conference. He said his colleagues held then that it was not war but just a minor internal security problem.

Ihejirika said he was happy that the nation had a person like Goodluck Jonathan as the President. He said the president approved several steps which he implemented towards curbing the insurgency.

Ihejirika added that there was no reason for him to be angry, adding that, he believed that the nation was yet to come to terms with the motive of the terrorists.

“We must not help them and we must not play into their hands with utterances that affect the morale of fighting troops or their leaders.

“I am not saying that action should not be taken against people who want to bring this country down. What I’m saying is that we must remain united, focused and resolved to do our ultimate best.

“Nigeria’s multi-religious and multi-ethnic sentiments make us very vulnerable to these attacks,” he said.

He pointed out that it was the task of retired military officers to help those in service, politicians and researchers to find solutions to psychological war fare.

President of the NDA 18 Regular Course, Air Commodore Olufemi Oguntuyi, said that Ihejirika’s tenure as the Chief of Army witnessed a lot of achievements.

“I could recall how he was tackling security issue when some Nigerians who did not understand or pretending not to know claimed that the army was killing people indiscriminately.

“The same people today are saying the army is not confronting the situation and even suggesting that we may be sponsoring the criminals that are bringing unrest to our country.”

Oguntuyi added that most of the officers deserved some respect as they had put their lives on the line for the country for 35 years.

He said the military was doing its best to contain the insurgency, adding that President Jonathan deserved to be given a lot of respect.

There had been recent reports in some media alleging that Ihejirika was sponsoring Boko Haram.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/06/boko-haram-allegations-baseless-and-frivolous-ihejirika/

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by gratiaeo(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2014
The difference between when you were there and now is very clear for all to see. Don’t mind Davis, El-Rufai, Oyegun etc! Go and enjoy your retirement don't mind the rabble-rousers

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Kponkwem(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2014
Calm and calculated rebuttal. No way for sentimental north, power hungry north.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by BlackTechnology: 9:00am On Sep 06, 2014
Since the North accused him of genocide which forced Jona to retire him, can the same North see the effect of their bad politics.

See

this war will never be stopped with Southern blood

The North will end BH with their blood for calling them freedom fighters

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by SmartProf(m): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2014
We who are with you on this, are much more than those who are against you.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Brahms(m): 9:04am On Sep 06, 2014
Sounds like an article written by inSincere9gerian! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Brahms(m): 9:08am On Sep 06, 2014
gratiaeo: The difference between when you were there and now is very clear for all to see. Don’t mind Davis, El-Rufai, Oyegun etc! Go and enjoy your retirement don't mind the rabble-rousers

SmartProf: We who are with you on this, are much more than those who are against you.

According to Seun, these clowns must be APC Supporters.. they are here defending one of BOKO HARAM Sponsors.

[size=20]SEUN, Pls #BringBackOurSignatures[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by stinggy(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2014
undecided undecided
Not convinced...
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2014
“Therefore, I have no apologies what so ever to those who thought that I was highhanded; every army makes a lot of effort to ensure that troops operate within the rules of engagement.
Ihejirka

Sir,
I am encouraged by those words!
It tells me you know your onions!

Sir, let them make the mistake of taking you to Hague!
Only I don't what for:

1. Genocide
2. Boko Sponsorship
3. or both.

Weldon Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2014
We are proud of the No nonsense General
We are proud of Ihejirika

Ignore the fools.

There is life after the Army, one day you can emerge as NSA or Defense Minister!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Dbryan: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2014
Leave that australian jare,crying more than the bereaved,thanks for curtailing their atacks during your tenure.
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2014
Ihejirika during his tenure as COAS hit and fought Boko Haram hard and than any of the previous or succeeding Chiefs.
The lies from the amateur peacemaker and negotiator Steven Davis is the most ridiculous piece of falsehood I've ever heard concerning terrorism in Nigeria.
Why we as nigerians always prefer and chose to abide and follow stories made up by foreigners about us, especially of the Caucasian stock is way beyond me.
Nigerians need to grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by o42austino(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2014
The General has Spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2014
Calm, calculated, well thought out and mature, well done General Sir.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Ngwakwe: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2014
“Therefore, I have no apologies whatsoever to those who thought that I was highhanded; every army makes a lot of effort to ensure that troops operate within the rules of engagement" - Ihejirika

This is the crux of the matter.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by arsetalks(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2014
J12: Ihejirika during his tenure as COAS hit and fought Boko Haram hard and than any of the previous or succeeding Chiefs.
The lies from the amateur peacemaker and negotiator Steven Davis is the most ridiculous piece of falsehood I've ever heard concerning terrorism in Nigeria.
Why we as nigerians always prefer and chose to abide and follow stories made up by foreigners about us, especially of the Caucasian stock is way beyond me.
Nigerians need to grow up.
It may be falsehood. Anything is possible but can I ask you a question? Why can't the government do what the opposition and neutrals like us is demanding? Let a neutral "uncompromiseable" court try Iherijira and either affirm or dismiss the allegations labelled against him.

It isn't hard is it?
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by 99100(m): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2014
It is obvious Nigerians are ungrateful to her heroes and patriots.

Men like Ihejirija should be celebrated.

Well done Sir for dealing mercilessly to those bastards called boko boys.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by 99100(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2014
arsetalks: It may be falsehood. Anything is possible but can I ask you a question? Why can't the government do what the opposition and neutrals like us is demanding? Let a neutral "uncompromiseable" court try Iherijira and either affirm or dismiss the allegations labelled against him.

It isn't hard is it?

So you think any junk can just wakeup any day with some frivolous allegation(s) against men like Ihejirika and then you expect the govt to take the allegation serious ?

U must be a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Collynzo16: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2014
arsetalks: It may be falsehood. Anything is possible but can I ask you a question? Why can't the government do what the opposition and neutrals like us is demanding? Let a neutral "uncompromiseable" court try Iherijira and either affirm or dismiss the allegations labelled against him.

It isn't hard is it?
What exactly is the court supposed to try him on?
Judge: ''Hey Mr Ihejirika, we heard you are a boko haram sponsor, are you?
Ihejirika: No my lord.
Judge: Alright case dismissed.

Is that what you want?

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2014

It isn't hard is it?

Because we are trying to be a serious country!

The State can't drag the former head of the army to court without evidence.

DR Davis has not provided any evidence other that terrorist told me so!
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by 99100(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Collynzo16:
What exactly is the court supposed to try him on?
Judge: ''Hey Mr Ihejirika, we heard you are a boko haram sponsor, are you?
Ihejirika: No my lord.
Judge: Alright case dismissed.

Is that what you want?

grin Funny you.
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Truckpusher(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2014

It isn't hard is it?
He should face trial based on 'them say' ? undecided

Can you provide boko haram witnesses and evidences tying him to what that mad Australian iidiot was spewing out?

Sometimes I wonder if you people reason through your anus. grin

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by Truckpusher(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
99100:

So you think any junk can just wakeup any day with some frivolous allegation(s) against men like Ihejirika and then you expect the govt to take the allegation serious ?

U must be a joke.
He is definitely high on cow dung. grin
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by egift(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jonathan is protecting Boko Haram sponsors - that is the hard truth.
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by kraftyiyk: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
“A lot of people had spoken on an issue that wouldn’t have been subject of discourse if we had better knowledge of the strategy and tactics of terrorists the world over.....ihejirika
my Dear general, if late Gen Aguiyi Ironsi who died in 1966 (48 long years ago) was also accussed as an alleged co sponsor, you will be amazed at the number of igbophobic Nigerians that will call for cruxification of the dead man, it's called " blame the igbo man syndrome" wherever an igbo man is involved, common sense of logic is always trown into the winds grin grin grin

Sane minded detectives would 1st Apprehend this so called Davies ( if that is his real name), something tells me he has a closer tie with the actual sponsors than the trash he was paid to vomit, obviously to divert our attention.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by JEITO: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
egift: Jonathan is protecting Boko Haram sponsors - that is the hard truth.
even if it is only for once, try putting your brain to use while speaking. Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by JEITO: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
stinggy: undecided undecided
Not convinced...
well, you are not important in this matter, so your conviction or not, doesn't count.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by donpope1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
T
Re: Boko Haram ‘allegations Baseless And Frivolous’ – Ihejirika by RockMaxi: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Davies was sold a dummy and because Ihejirika is Ibo all the conspiracy theory of more funding to steal more popped up everywhere. Davies should know from his interactions and analysis that the way Ihejirika dealt with the BH formations they will want to get their pounds of flesh on him.

Second attempt, their could be tactical errors during Ihejirika's tenure but not as bad as when he left. The position held by Ihejirika was much of a threat to the "Born to rule" crusaders and definitely BH supplies then could be tagged secretly with his name. The pertinent question to ask is where are those who wanted to try Ihejirika for war crimes?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Son Shot In Boko Haram Adamawaattack / Obasanjo Goes Back To School; Registers For Masters Degree / Worshipper Dies After Drinking Pastor’s Concoction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.