Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) (59311 Views)

The Top Ten Tallest Buildings In Nigeria 2015 / Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by mrarranger: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2014
ugsams: Having lived in Lagos and personally been to most of those building even the new structure under construction at Abuja, I don't think you are right with some of the building on your list but I will leave it for others to also judge. Although, Union Bank building is actually tall, I have been to the 22nd floor on several occasions.

see forming....nigerians shaa

3 Likes

Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by ugsams(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2014
RebelLeader15: wetin you go find for der?

When I was in the media na there I dey go pick our approved ad copies or drop proposal... Why do you ask?
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by LajaLaba: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
Bifwoli: Eish,Harare,Nairobi & Dar es salaam look far better than Lagos.
Hahaha opuro buruku
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Omexonomy: Minus the telecomunication mast union bank build is far taller than NET

So true! Nitel building cheated
I wonder what the building is used for since nitel has collapsed

I always loved the view considering my school was close to it and independence house.. That one too I just see military people around there.. The building has no windows Wonder what they using it for too
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
theSlayer: non of those buildings you posted are skyscraper. those are high rises like the apartment buildings below .

You are right they are all high rises but they are okay to grace up the skyline.. The Stratosphere is the only skyscraper.. A skyscraper is usually from 50 floors above
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
will2lead: Have you heard or seen Intercontinental Hotel in Lagos?

I wanted to make mention about that
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by clemz88(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
I guess that of UBA was forgoten
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Chigold101(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bifwoli: Eish,Harare,Nairobi & Dar es salaam look far better than Lagos.
in what way?
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Chigold101(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
iamord:

You are right they are all high rises but they are okay to grace up the skyline.. The Stratosphere is the only skyscraper.. A skyscraper is usually from 50 floors above
i will like to be sure of this ur 50floor thing...
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
CyberEBOLA: Assuming i am spiderman, how do you expect me to web-sling with just few tall buildings? Thank God i changed my mind.
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
gbenga4sure: GREAT NIGERIA HOUSE LAGOS.(312ft./95m)
Weytin dey burn 4 there

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chigold101: i will like to be sure of this ur 50floor thing...

Yeah although there are several definitions to it

The optiumum size for a
skyscraper is between 50 and 60 stories

https://www.wordnik.com/words/skyscraper

High-rise buildings are considered shorter than skyscrapers.[citation needed] There is no clear definition of any difference between a tower block and a skyscraper though a building lower than about thirty stories is not likely to be a skyscraper and a building with fifty or more stories is certainly a skyscraper.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper

skyscraper, very tall,
multistoried building. The
name first came into use
during the 1880s, shortly after
the first skyscrapers were
built, in the United States. The
development of skyscrapers
came as a result of the
coincidence of several
technological and social developments.
The term skyscraper originally applied to
buildings of 10 to 20 stories, but by the
late 20th century the term was used to
describe high-rise buildings of unusual
height, generally greater than 40 or 50
stories.

global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/547956/skyscraper
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by jaybee(f): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
piagetskinner:
Weytin dey burn 4 there
.Na d house.it got fire over a year ago.
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by mcpat(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
UBA house, Marina??
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Gifted4all(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
solara:

U WELL SO

Back to sender
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by manck2: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
gbenga4sure: .Intercontinenta hotel lagos is just 330ft./100m and so is not even amongst the top 10,but i think it is the 12th tallest

Okay will as compared to other west african country. Lagos and abj have a pretty good skyline.. Bout there is still more work to be done.. There is need for proper urban planning and green open space. Cos lagos is quite a stressful city. Proper city planning will ease that.
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by iamord(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
jaybee: What about Intercontinental Hotel in Kofo Abayomi Street, VI 100 m (328 ft)

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1138889_pic_ictz_IMGP0137_-_Copy_jpgfc65fa504af12c1df1340feb6f8daa2e[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/675311_12527943_jpg78b71a42cf0c89d70576b51ba6ef4e72

Its tall but its just a high rise.. If u look at this building like something tall and magnificent... What more when the stratosphere- the super tall structure gets built and the eko atlantic
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
If the next governor after fashola didnt abandon or stop the eko atlantic city project(becoz the pdp are saying they dont like the project,saying its a risk.)then lagos(eko atlantic city will be home to higher skyscrappers.)
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
UnknownT: @ OP, when next you have a top 10 article to post, start from the 10th position. That will make readers to go thru the list to see the one on the 1st position.
.owk fanks
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by s3nn2x(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
I am not impressed....If the Stratosphere was included, why was the WTC in Abuja not included....I am sure the 2 buildings that are nearing completion are taller than some buildings here.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by legacyint: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
timilehing: Hmmmm booked. lemme now comnent

A Skyscraper without glass exterior?? The glass exterior is what made them skyscrapers not height

These buildings are no skyscrapers, they are just tall building/towers.
well said bro,certainly these re nt skyscrappers,having travelled to major cities of the world,nja dont even have any building that met the requirements to be classified as a skyscrapper.na only CBN Towers try,but d height no near am.
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by musiwa94: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
ss

Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
gbenga4sure: 2.)UNION BANK HEADQUARTERS BUILDING,LAGOS.(407ft./124m)

...that is our Stallion
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Lordnath(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Gud job @op, but that list needs to be reviewed. It does no justice to the towers in Abuja's WTC, and the Millennium tower.

The stratosphere building proposed by silverbird grp isn't the one depicted in your opening post.

Your list would only be valid if the present date is changed to 07/09/2005.
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by zurine(f): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
hmm
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
there is nothing to write home about those washed buildings.. Nigerians celeb.. MEDIOCRITY since 1960 grin grin grin grin

anyway in west Africa we try but is not enough for the largest black nation in the world..smh
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:47am On Sep 08, 2014
ugsams:

When I was in the media na there I dey go pick our approved ad copiesf or drop proposal... Why do you ask?

Hmmmn even in the new structures under construction? ... But that's none of my business
Re: Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) by musiwa94: 1:36am On Sep 08, 2014
ss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Rejoice After Crossing The Mediterranean Sea Into Europe (video) / 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) / Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.