Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Love Scam: Fraudster Arrested For Swindling Woman, 75, Of €200,000 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Scam: Fraudster Arrested For Swindling Woman, 75, Of €200,000 (483 Views)

My Experience With An Online Fraudster / How To Take Her Out And Have A Perfect Date On A Budget Of 200 Naira / How To Take Her Out And Have The Perfect Date On A Budget Of 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Scam: Fraudster Arrested For Swindling Woman, 75, Of €200,000 by solaugo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2014

For swindling a 75-year-old woman of €200,000 in a romance-scam, a 31-year-old conman, Adio Opeyemi Michael, who hails from Owu local government area of Ogun State, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Dutchwoman Jeanet De Jonge allegedly met Michael on dating site, ‘Net log’, where Michael posed as a 41-year-old American citizen, working as a chef in a Nigerian restaurant and in need of a wife.

The profile attracted Jeanet and, in no time, she began sending him money through Western Union and Money Gram.

“She was sending me money monthly, ranging from $800 to $900 from June 2012, through Western Union Money transfer and Money Gram; to the extent that Western Union blocked her from sending money to me in Nigeria. Following the blockage, she requested that I go to London to enable her send me money there. I contacted a friend, Osas Odiah, in London, so that he can receive the money and send it to me here in Nigeria. She first sent €2,000 to Odiah’s account in London and, later to my Keystone Bank account, which was actually a Forex Trade account. We started using this account when we discovered that my friend was not remitting all the money sent by Jeanet to me,” the suspect revealed.

According to EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujiaren, investigations further revealed that the suspect collected the various sums under the pretext that he was going to use the money to perfect his travel plans and obtain the required documents that would enable him travel to Holland to join or visit De Jonge. However, his continued refusal to honour the invitation from De Jonge prompted the petition to the EFCC.

Michael will be arraigned in court as soon as investigation is concluded.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/love-scam-fraudster-arrested-for-swindling-woman-75-of-e200000/

(1) (Reply)

Hung Up / Who Is More Dirty/corrupt Amongt Them?? / My Money Is For Me To Keep, But My Husband's Money...why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.