Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Story Without A Title - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Without A Title (1021 Views)

I Can't Think Of A Title / Temptation ; The Story Of Love / Jonny Kennedy:the Story Of The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
I can't find my thread around and i need to write a bit of my story before school restarts and well it doesn't have a title yet, so Once upon a time
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
" I'm for truth, no matter who tells it, I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against "
Malcolm X

Sonia watched all the color fade from the landscape as the bus approached a part of the city still under construction. trucks, payloaders, heavy duty machines and stacks of tires littered the roadsides.

"Busy body oh oh oh" came the sound as the stereo blasted one of the Psquare's collector albums. The bus drove off the highway using the CBT lane to enter into a side street and slowed down beside a side stop, the music stopped playing.

She disembarked along with other passengers who scattered in various directions, the sky was getter darker as the night drew closer and most people were looking to retreat to the safety of their homes, most people unlike her. Everybody seemed to mind his or her business, yeah this was Eko city, except for a man who was taking a glance at her.

"hello lady, you must be new, JJC eh?" said the man, she ignored him as she hated the jolly just come remarks even though they were true and walked into a nearby multi-storeyed building with her handbag and leather suitcase, besides she had something to do.

She knew she was beautiful enough to earn talk like that everywhere she went, She had completely long brown hair that was unusual for most Nigerians, dark in complexion with a slender figure eight, She wore a blue top along with tight denim jeans that was becoming the hottest fashion trend in town. She got to the top storey of the plaza building after walking the stairs, there were a few people shopping for clothes and provisions underneath her but the top floor was completely void, she breathed a sigh of relief and grabbed a pair of binoculars and looked out of the balcony, there it was, she enlarged the view and observed the 6th storey of the half-completed tower like building. DELE'S JEWELS was sprawled across a plastic banner with a plastic replica of a blood diamond pendant in its middle, there was little activity inside. She had moved to the city newly after leaving for a long time and came back with her private eye investigators business securing a property on Victoria island, after opening for a fortnight she received a task from Mr.Dele a businessman and owner of Dele's jewels. He had received a letter from a major gang in the city's underground, The White Roses telling him that they were going to rob his jewelry store and he shouldn't try to play funny and close early. He didn't consider reporting to the police, the same letter thing had happened to his fellows in the business, they had told the cops but still got robbed and received scars as punishment, apparently the gang had moles in the force as investigations into the case yielded no fruit, He had nothing to do but meet her.

She was Sonia Martins a P.I. with a 100% track record and also commandered a ruthless and well trained security team but this time she was going in on her own and as the vigilante Deadshot she could be both an investigator and enough security.

She opened her handbag and wore a dark hooded jacket, a wig to cover her hair and wore a domino masks with blank contacts and attached a utility belt to her waist, The White Roses had history with her especially their masked leader Goldpatch- an overweight man with a white beard and a scrawny face that had lost an eye that was covered with a metallic patch, who she guessed was still alive following the gang's dominance in the city,

She hoped to dig up some information to find out who he was as he was the big key if the gang was going to be brought down.

She remembered how Goldpatch had stepped into their home killed her little sister, paralyzed her mum and drove her dad mad after framing her for her sister's death all because he was undercover on his gang and working for the SSS, She had witnessed all this while hiding in her helplessness and couldn't do anything about it, that was what motivated her into becoming an investigator and a costumed vigilantee, to bring the bad guys to justice.

She opened the suitcase and reassembled a compound bow with multiple strings, pulleys and a view, there was also a quiver which she attached to her back by means of a belt strapped on her shoulders.

She looked through the binos again and saw that the workers in the jewelry store were on their chests as five hefty men wearing ski-masks and carrying AK-47's, they were busy pilling up bags with millions worth of stock, it was time.

She picked one of the arrows in her quiver with a rope attached to it and fired it, the head of the arrow struck into the side of the building above the jewelry, She grabbed onto the rope and jumped off the balcony.

If she got her math right she would swing right across into the jewelry store, a smile crossed her face.
Re: The Story Without A Title by Flakkydagirl: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nice intro.....
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
thanks need your comments guys Tag: 3Dimension, Zeenab, Talk2riel, Akinkudin,
Igwechosen, MunAKeys, Elantracey, Ayobami23,
Kingso23, Bishop Kay, Odward, Igwechosen, Follz,
EDOGHO(thanks for the recharge cards grin),
Pammusphy, Faithgokz, Bookhy, Omortolah, Divepen,
Emzypaz, Kingphilip, LogoDWhiz, Comsoy,
JesusPRINCE, Mohammad11, Helensharpay, Luckidoc,
Leofish92, Damex333, Karev_wite, Michaellegend,
Lorlaahlozz, Candy, Winie, Hyung Wang,
Hoyhebhukhunmhy, Omotolaray, Dammygoody,
Damoguy, 01emek, Okem09, Joseff14, larrysun, kayemjay etc.
Re: The Story Without A Title by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wow!!! This is going got be wonderful.

Loving it already
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 07, 2014
let me drop a short update before church o
Re: The Story Without A Title by Flakkydagirl: 5:45am On Sep 07, 2014
Fixgoo: let me drop a short update before church o
Good....because we're waiting.

Happy Sunday
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 07, 2014
She let go of the rope after swinging in and silently landed at the entrance like a leaf kissing the water, the fools had left the sliding door open, she sneaked in steathily.

The store was divided into five rows like a supermarket, a robber was loading up a bag on each row, she signalled a worker who had seen her to keep quiet before stringing the bow with two arrows, they had flat hard rubber tubes for heads and were hard enough to knock out a man.

She closed her eyes remembering the words of her Roshi " clear your mind being both the aimer and the aimed and release your burden ", breathed in and released, the arrows went through the air with a whistling sound before hitting the robber on the 1st row sending him crashing into the goods he had been gathering, She rolled along the floor into the 1st row.

Two of the other robbers had heard and were rushing towards the row, she knew their guns were ready for her, she grabbed a Pearl necklace and ripped it spilling the pearls in front of her, one of the robbers slipped as he ran right across it landing on the floor with a heavy thud face flat, the other was the wiser and opened fire.

She flipped into the air as two bullets narrowly scraped past her cracking a glass crate behind her, she grabbed the crate and hurled it at the robber knocking him out, the glass shards pierced his skin as blood flowed, Dele would had a heavy cleanup to do thereafter.

She dipped her hands into her utility belt and produce a pellet which she smashed on the floor, within minutes the room was covered with fog which she could see through as a result of her modified eye contacts.

"Brandy, Doggy, Scorpio , what's going on? " asked one of the last two robbers who had huddled themselves in the 5th row, the last was swearing and cursing.

"Come out and play boys" she said as she sneaked towards them, they were almost blind as they couldn't see in the fog.

She ran at them and grabbed the gun one of them was holding and smashed it into his head bringing him down, She grabbed the last one and threw him against the wall.

"Who do you work for? " She asked fixating her pupilless eyes on him.

"Na Goldpatch send us mission" said the man as he began to tremble, she kicked him in the gut and using a pen from her utility belt, She scribbled a message on his forehead, "I'm coming for you - Deadshot.

She had achieved little tonight towards finding who Goldpatch was but at least she could see him having some nightmares after reading that, thinking of who would nail him back out of all the people he had brought sorrow to.

Before the workers could find out who she was, She was rappeling down a rope and dropped into a Kawasaki Ninja powerbike she had kept to extract herself after the missions.

The police sirens wailed as a couple of black marias packed on the side of the road, her powerbike engine revved as she sped into the night.
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2014
More after church happy Sunday pals
Re: The Story Without A Title by creamyanne: 6:44am On Sep 07, 2014
I reallly do lyk dis nameless story *Sits down very quietly*.
Re: The Story Without A Title by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2014
Nice update.

But, with all d hype in the thief, I expect a stronger resistance.

Dead shot.
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sonia sipped her tea as she slumped into the reclining sofa in a plush sitting room, during her time in the middle east she had learnt a lot of things and making tea was just one of them.

She had enrolled in dojo to master the Zen arts, freeing her mind and letting go of all the pain and stress she had harbour in her mind, in a short time she had mastered Zen archery and combat, the words of her roshi or master always came to her mind.

She turned on the channel and switched to Silverbird TV for the news, she had made the news, she watched as the police loaded the criminals into the black marias, the eye witnesses described her as a hooded phantom who wielded a bow and saved them, the police chief lieutenant Gabriel had something to say.

"I don't care about all this stuff about the Deadshot person, she might as well have stolen some items, you should all take a look at the store and see the mess, the police has it's work cut out and is capable of doing it, thank you"

She savoured the rich goodness as it headed down her throat for her stomach after a few more sips, She didn't care much about the police, they were the people who couldn't find justice for her father after he was framed even when he was working for them. her IPhone began to vibrate and she answered the call.

"It's Dele, do you know anything about a Deadshot?"

"Oh she's just a friend of mine who wanted to help, I have enough evidence for you in case the police fails their investigation, pickups by 5 pm " her utility belt contained a video recorder and she had cut out some pics from it.

"Thanks "

Lieutenant Gabriel opened his system and booted it on, his office was luxury with an AC, plasma TV hanging on the wall, A freezer containing all sorts of drinks, Imported furniture littered the room and he had his own secretary, a beautiful lady.

It had taken a lot of dirty hands and give-and-take for him to be where he was, he made sure his secretary suffered the same time and took advantage of her assets.

The system displayed the logo of the police force and then the windows page, he had a video message, he clicked it, it was.Adam Adetunji A.K.A. Goldpatch, his Oga at the top, he was the man who brought him to where he was and so he worked for him.

"You had my boys arrested, you should release them," said a man wearing darkshades, he had a chubby face and a White beard.

"I can't, see the media is onto this and I don't want to place the force under suspicion"

"Ok, any bunch that can't take down a girl is no use to me, but I need you to make sure no vigilante or person swings at me " said the man with the fat and chubby face before the message ended.
Re: The Story Without A Title by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
"You are going to suffer as long as you don't give me what I want as long as I have these nanites" said Dr Hugo before laughing out Hysterically. He pressed a button on the remote he was holding. The body of a nearby patient on a bed began disintegrating into molecules, Femi couldn't take it any longer, it felt like he was being torn into several pieces. He screamed begging to be freed from the pain.

"I will do anything you ask" said Femi. Dr Hugo quickly pressed another button and the disintegration stopped.

"Then I need you to steal something, the nanites in your system can make you invisible, that's all you need" replied Dr Hugo before sticking him with a tranquilizer needle. By Morning Femi would be in his home without knowing the doctor's lair. The object of the doctor's desire was a diary, not just any diary.

It was the personal journal of Goldpatch. The only way he could thank the crime lord for making him mad, a mad scientist. Goldpatch would be able to finally chill out in the dark confines of a state prison. Tortured everyday by those nanites he injected Femi.

He knew Deadshot would try to stop his plans even if she wanted the same thing because he would also take over Goldpatch's syndicate and then the city. He released a long and evil laughter. Deadshot would have to die trying to stop him.
Re: The Story Without A Title by Timothy3113(m): 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2014
Divepen you see wetin i talk, u don leave your other stoty come write dis one again. I beg come continue alantis now
Re: The Story Without A Title by Flakkydagirl: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Timothy3113:
Divepen you see wetin i talk, u don leave your other stoty come write dis one again. I beg come continue alantis now
Hmm Mm

I see..

(1) (Reply)

Black Bird / Must See: Check Out D Drawing And Painting Done By A Nairalander:wowwww!!!! / My Boobs' Story (in 300 Words Or Less)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.