Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

.g sexzskil's life! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / .g sexzskil's life! (4007 Views)

SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! / Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships / Federal Polytechnics To Award Bachelor Of Technology (B. TECH) Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
E be like say I for close my big mouth, I did not envisage this would happen, @sexzskil abeg no vex.

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by AbuMikey(m): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Yomieluv: Seriously?

Imagine awarding marks based on number of pages,and not on merit.

If I'm in the dept,I would definitely top the class. Eg-

Question 1. Define Economics.

Solution- Economics can be define as a science that studies human behavior,this means it studies human behavior,therefore it studies human behavior,in as much economics studies human behavior. Economics studies how human behaves. Human behavior is what economics studies.

By the time you are playing to the gallery,book don full.

Are You a wordplayer? grin
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by nairalife2013(m): 1:10am On Sep 08, 2014
Whatz d name of d sch again? My last dota of 1yr plus can produce 50pages in a minit wid her unprecedented fast manner of scribbles! She could be a grad b4 5! To know theriz such a sch, am a lucky dad already!!

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 08, 2014
[b]
sexzskil: The way education is in this country, serves as one of the several reasons why development is one wild wild dream. Am a Unilorin student, from political science and am in 300L. My first semester in 100L was filled with Es and Ds to my shock. I answered all my exam, assignments and test questions so perfectly. I knew this because i do check textbooks to confirm how i approached the questions whenever am through. Honestly, that first semester was terrible and i was already afraid if i could cross. Second semester came and i trippled my effort, was studying for every tests and exams karakara, going for night classes, denying myself of sleep hours and all that. I had just finished my first two exam papers when a guy who was close to our level adviser told me how all the lecturers mark the answer scripts. I was baffled, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. He revealed that some of them would invite class reps over, give them scripts one after the other to count the number of pages the student reached and award the mark based on the multitude of the pages. For instance, supposing our answer leaflet is 30pages and a rep counts a certain student's answered pages to be 10, the lecturer would direct him/her to give him/her 18. If it is 20 pages, the lecturer might instruct, ''give him 25'', and so on. Like WTF? I then realised i have been writing nothing more than 3 pages for one question all along, at least we are usually expected to answer 4 questions inside eight. Gbask! I set to quickly put things right before it was too late. I still had six more courses to write. I planned to start writing novels in exam hall, even putting irrelevant stuffs at anywhere i found myself since they never read anything we write. The first paper i wrote after discovering this was something else. I filled up 37 pages out of 38. I continued with this routine till i finished my papers. The only thing i always make sure i did was to write accurate things at the beginning and final pages of the leaflet. The department that their lecturers are fond of this scheme are those in History department. When the results were released i got six C, one D and one E. Guess what? The E and C were the ones i wrote before i met that guy!, and found out the reason for my past failures. Honestly that guy saved my a.ss, else i would not have crossed. This is the situation in some departments in Unilorin, the present acclaimed best university in Nigeria. Though i doff my hat for the school's innovation and pace setting in other various cases.

Seriously, education in this country never seems to leave the h.ole.
[/b]
Great HomoPolitikus!! Great HomoPolitikus!! Im also a Political Science Student in the University Of Ilorin(Better By Far) Prohibitas Doctrina........See My 100L written results were so bad and infact........DR. SAKA said "We are not saddest" Another In SOC said We are not saddest but we are only trying to make you guys know your stand in terms of expression when yu go out there and not in result by having all round 'A'.
My Cominq baQ to Tanke is in Gods hand oOh
A friend of mine told a prof in "Student Affair" That Sir Thanks for everything and Daddy said he his greatful for the processing of my admission and the man asked what course? My friend Replied 'Political Science' and the Prof Said Pol science here in Unilorin? The guy said Yes sir smiling.......The Prof said my son write this next jamb and put in for ACCOUNTING OR ECONOMICS they are bettter, The quy said sir this has been my dream course Prof replied and said dont worry i would speak with daddy..........Prof Davies nko and so many others!! Im just thinkinq how 200L is qonna be!!How was yours tongue
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Artistree: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: If its not UNIBEN then we not talking school.
Uncle, it happens in Uniben too! I graduated from Accounting dept there and there was this course I kept getting an E each time I write it until a 1st class coursemate told me something strange. Penultimate year we sat for the course again HRM and got Es as usual but my coursemate who was convinced he couldn't have gotten an E, took it up officially. He wrote to the Dean thru the HOD challenging the grade. It later turned out dat the lecturer didn't mark ANY of the exam scripts, but simply awarded grades!!! I almost fainted. And to imagine that the lecturer was a young, energetic, pious fellow for whom I had so much respect. I didn't forgive him till I graduated. So pls stop being defensive about Uniben, the rot is worldwide.

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Psittacus(m): 9:41am On Sep 08, 2014
if you did'nt mention your 100 level days, i would have tried to belive u, cos unilorin writes cbt exam at dis level.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by sexzskil(f): 9:42am On Sep 08, 2014
Dear MOD, must this important thread get to 10 pages before u lipsrsealed
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by mstik(f): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2014
lol
edited grin
Yomieluv: Seriously?

Imagine awarding marks based on number of pages,and not on merit.

If I'm in the dept,I would definitely top the class. Eg-

Question 1. Define Economics.

Solution- Economics can be define as a science that studies human behavior,this means it studies human behavior,therefore it studies human behavior,in as much economics studies human behavior. Economics studies how human behaves. Human behavior is what economics studies. Not animal behaviour, but behaviour of humans, also known as homo sapiens

By the time you are playing to the gallery,book don full.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Elxandre(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Artistree:
Uncle, it happens in Uniben too! I graduated from Accounting dept there and there was this course I kept getting an E each time I write it until a 1st class coursemate told me something strange. Penultimate year we sat for the course again HRM and got Es as usual but my coursemate who was convinced he couldn't have gotten an E, took it up officially. He wrote to the Dean thru the HOD challenging the grade. It later turned out dat the lecturer didn't mark ANY of the exam scripts, but simply awarded grades!!! I almost fainted. And to imagine that the lecturer was a young, energetic, pious fellow for whom I had so much respect. I didn't forgive him till I graduated. So pls stop being defensive about Uniben, the rot is worldwide.
The word you were looking for is ' Nationwide'

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Elxandre(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sexzskill is one eccentric troll cheesy
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Artistree: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Elxandre:
The word you were looking for is ' Nationwide'
I wasn't searching for any word cos I sure knew the difference between WORLDWIDE and NATIONWIDE. Corruption is not a monopoly so I knew the word before I typed it. Who no go no know...
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Elxandre(m): 10:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Artistree:
I wasn't searching for any word cos I sure knew the difference between WORLDWIDE and NATIONWIDE. Corruption is not a monopoly so I knew the word before I typed it. Who no go no know...
Corruption exists everywhere, but not in the educational sector. You can't tell me a university professor at Harvard will intentionally deny students deserved grades indiscriminately. Of course he knows he is very much accountable for his misdeeds.

It's important to note that, UNILORIN is as formidable an institution in Africa, as Harvard is in the West.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Artistree: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Elxandre:
Corruption exists everywhere, but not in the educational sector. You can't tell me a university professor at Harvard will intentionally deny students deserved grades indiscriminately. Of course he knows he is very much accountable for his misdeeds.

It's important to note that, UNILORIN is as formidable an institution in Africa, as Harvard is in the West.
You can't be too sure bro!
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 12, 2014
sexzskil:
You should then know that A is an impossibility.
Our Level Adviser usually tells us then that A is for God, B is for their family while the rest are for us.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by JuanDeDios: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
sexzskil:
Half-baked undergraduate, me? Well, thank goodness it is not ''half-baked graduate''! I wonder why u only dug my signature and not my original post on this thread? Well, my signature seem a ''passive'' clause. Meanwhile, i know what i wrote and i also understood what you just explained, but u may as well critically study the text of this signature once more. ''Passive''!
Had to throw my head back and laugh at this one.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by SEYIKP(m): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
THERE ARE SOME DEPARTMENT IN UNILORIN, THAT I WONT ADVICE MY LOVE ONES TO CHOOSE E.G:ENGLISH,POL- SCI AND CHEMISTRY. THESE THREE CANBE FRUSTRATING. @OP, WHEN A LECTURER IN A UNIVERSITY ASK U QUESTION, HE EXPECTS YOU TO SAY EVERYTHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT HE'S GIVING YOU. E.G, WHAT IS EARTH ? HE DIDN'T EXPECTS U TO JUST SAY, EARTH IS AN OBLATE SPHERIOD ONLY. BUT ALSO TO TELL HIM THE LAYERS AND THEIR FEATURES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN U ARE DOING 'I TOO KNOW'(ITK). BUT IT SHOWNS TO HIM UR UNDERSTANDING ABT D SUBJECT.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by usmanspihn(m): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Afghanistan:
Why two of una dey fight na? Both of you should try and show some iota of maturity abeg.
Boss I dey mass communication. The first course in the history of any school that has its cut off higher than medicine. That course na die. And concerning CBT, the only CBT exams I have ever done has been for GNS.
When I was first given admission, I think say na flexing I go dey on top. Proved wrong when first semester result comot wey I wan cry.
We are only 20 in our class

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by usmanspihn(m): 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
SEYIKP: THERE ARE SOME DEPARTMENT IN UNILORIN, THAT I WONT ADVICE MY LOVE ONES TO CHOOSE E.G:ENGLISH,POL- SCI AND CHEMISTRY. THESE THREE CANBE FRUSTRATING. @OP, WHEN A LECTURER IN A UNIVERSITY ASK U QUESTION, HE EXPECTS YOU TO SAY EVERYTHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT HE'S GIVING YOU. E.G, WHAT IS EARTH ? HE DIDN'T EXPECTS U TO JUST SAY, EARTH IS AN OBLATE SPHERIOD ONLY. BUT ALSO TO TELL HIM THE LAYERS AND THEIR FEATURES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN U ARE DOING 'I TOO KNOW'(ITK). BUT IT SHOWNS TO HIM UR UNDERSTANDING ABT D SUBJECT.

You forgot sociology. I have to borrow courses from all the dpt in the faculty till 400 lvl
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by shrek4(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
sexzskil: The way education is in this country, serves as one of the several reasons why development is one wild wild dream. Am a Unilorin student, from political science and am in 300L. My first semester in 100L was filled with Es and Ds to my shock. I answered all my exam, assignments and test questions so perfectly. I knew this because i do check textbooks to confirm how i approached the questions whenever am through. Honestly, that first semester was terrible and i was already afraid if i could cross. Second semester came and i trippled my effort, was studying for every tests and exams karakara, going for night classes, denying myself of sleep hours and all that. I had just finished my first two exam papers when a guy who was close to our level adviser told me how all the lecturers mark the answer scripts. I was baffled, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. He revealed that some of them would invite class reps over, give them scripts one after the other to count the number of pages the student reached and award the mark based on the multitude of the pages. For instance, supposing our answer leaflet is 30pages and a rep counts a certain student's answered pages to be 10, the lecturer would direct him/her to give him/her 18. If it is 20 pages, the lecturer might instruct, ''give him 25'', and so on. Like WTF? I then realised i have been writing nothing more than 3 pages for one question all along, at least we are usually expected to answer 4 questions inside eight. Gbask! I set to quickly put things right before it was too late. I still had six more courses to write. I planned to start writing novels in exam hall, even putting irrelevant stuffs at anywhere i found myself since they never read anything we write. The first paper i wrote after discovering this was something else. I filled up 37 pages out of 38. I continued with this routine till i finished my papers. The only thing i always make sure i did was to write accurate things at the beginning and final pages of the leaflet. The department that their lecturers are fond of this scheme are those in History department. When the results were released i got six C, one D and one E. Guess what? The E and C were the ones i wrote before i met that guy!, and found out the reason for my past failures. Honestly that guy saved my a.ss, else i would not have crossed. This is the situation in some departments in Unilorin, the present acclaimed best university in Nigeria. Though i doff my hat for the school's innovation and pace setting in other various cases.

Seriously, education in this country never seems to leave the h.ole.

Madam, this post could get you an automatic expulsion!!!

I am a student of UNILORIN myself, and this write-up u have here, if they can trace it back to you - trust me, you will be lucky to get ordinary suspension. It might seems silly and stupid, but i honestly implore you to delete this, take it down however you can. Even if your claims are true, take it to the Dean of Student Affairs, not Seun's Nairaland.. This is an outright defamation of character (so they will accuse you).

If you have spent 3Yrs in UNILORIN, you should know how minute offences make students 'face tanke'.

This is just my own 3 kobo worth of Imoran - Trash it, Wash it, Use it or Criticize it... I have delivered my message.

May God bless us.

Cheers....
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Elxandre(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2014
shrek4:

Madam, this post could get you an automatic expulsion!!!

I am a student of UNILORIN myself, and this write-up u have here, if they can trace it back to you - trust me, you will be lucky to get ordinary suspension. It might seems silly and stupid, but i honestly implore you to delete this, take it down however you can. Even if your claims are true, take it to the Dean of Student Affairs, not Seun's Nairaland.. This is an outright defamation of character (so they will accuse you).

If you have spent 3Yrs in UNILORIN, you should know how minute offences make students 'face tanke'.

This is just my own 3 kobo worth of Imoran - Trash it, Wash it, Use it or Criticize it... I have delivered my message.

May God bless us.

Cheers....
Do we live in an autocratic world where people and government bodies cant take criticism?
Automatic expulsion? LOL.

And about defamation of character, I don't think you have seen some political posts on front page.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB CBT Date For 2015/2016 Announced / Get Unical Gss Real Questions For May Exams / Absu Part-time Form (weekend) Umuahia Or Uturu Campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.