Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones (1400 Views)

Perfect Guide In Buying Android Phone That Will Best Suit You / Top 10 Current And Best MTK Android Phones / 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Three weeks ago i published an article written by "Nigeria tribune titled "Nigerians are giving up on Android, want their BlackBerry back", which leads to disagreement between blackberry and android users on some website like nairaland and naijaloaded...
Just this morning , Asaolu Babafemi , an editor of thenation newspaper explain some things to look out when buying a anew android phone.

What to look out for when buying Android phones

No doubt android phones have whelmed the mobile phone market in the country thus, making it the most used mobile internet gadget.
This is a testament to the growing number of people who use the Android phones daily.
But many a time most people don’t actually know the features of these phones and what to look out for. It is either they get the wrong choice or get something that is different from what they set out to buy.
Phone sellers have also taken advantage of this to swindle most people, thereby charging more for far cheaper and less quality phones.
In a chat with a civil servant in Lagos state Mrs. Abosede, “ I went to GSM village to buy a new phone that will be compatible with Whatsapp and that can ping, and on purchase I told the attendant I want a phone with android functions only for me to get home and was mocked by my children, saying the phone can only call and send text messages and was told such phones are called .

A mobile phone dealer said, “These people are not just selling sub- standard phones, some buyers are selfish in their spending, they want a big phone for a relative cheap price and they get what they paid for”.
He however agreed that some dealers still receive the appropriate price and sell out sub-standards phones to their customers but stressed that, it is because they did not buy it at the right place.
Features to look out for:

Messaging;

SMS and MMS message, including e-mail messaging and social application Instant message such as Whatsapp,Viber, e.t.c

Web Browser;

It has a primary web browser in its all app menu

Voice based features;

Google search through voice is enabled in all android phones

Multitasking;

Multitasking of applications with unique handing of memory allocation is available.

Screen Capture;

Android supports capturing a screenshot by pressing the power and volume-down buttons at the same time. Prior to Android 4.0, the alternative methods for lower version is through customize applications e.g. Screenshot Ultimate

Multiple language support; Android supports multiple languages

Connectivity; Android supports connectivity technologies including GSM/EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, NFC, IDEN and WiMax.

Media;

Android supports media streaming. Android supports the following audio/video media formats: WebM, ACC, 3GP, MP4, MPEG-4 SP, AMR, AMR-WB (in 3GP container), MP3, MIDI, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, JEPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WebP.

Purchase phones from reputable mobile manufacturer
Be sure of the battery life span
Check the durability of the phone: Make sure it does not look to fragile that it can get damaged easily

What do you think about this? Do you agree with him?. please to share your thought on this by using our comment box below.

VISIT THE SOURCE FOR LATEST TECH NEWS , REVIEWS AND GUIDE : http://techcribng.com/what-to-look-out-for-when-buying-android-phones/
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by succyreal(m): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
booked
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
succyreal: booked
hmmm please vote it to fp o
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nice post but ur pocket is also a large determinant.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by egopersonified(f): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Let me print this out and take along to computer village when buying mine.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by computerboy: 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
The list is unnecessarily long OP. If you wanna get a new android phone, first make sure it's OS is really android. Check the battery (2500mAH and above is cool). Then check the ram (should be 1gb minimum) and CPU (dual core and above is preferable). Then check for other things that you like (camera, memory, screen size etc). As for the software, everything is possible.

I have galaxy s3 but I've turned it to galaxy S5 via xda forum.

1 Like

Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
3g or above is also a must
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by nwaobitex: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
ok
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
egopersonified: Let me print this out and take along to computer village when buying mine.
hmm, it will be helpful.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by hatux: 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
cheesy cheesy... Tecno android like
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by 100Cents: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
I don't fancy this write up unless you are talking of low end android phones.

I look out for processing speed, battery capacity and large memory space.

I am not buying anything less than 32 g in my next purchase. This 8g is crappy.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2014
Khaynet: Nice post but ur pocket is also a large determinant.
hmm, but you are ryt.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
hatux: cheesy cheesy... Tecno android like
like how?.
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by suliiyat: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
I know some really nice Android phones you'll love. To Checkout the prices and specifications of these Android phones, click here . Free home delivery + Pay on delivery
Re: What To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones by baseg25(m): 6:40am On Sep 08, 2014
computerboy: The list is unnecessarily long OP. If you wanna get a new android phone, first make sure it's OS is really android. Check the battery (2500mAH and above is cool). Then check the ram (should be 1gb minimum) and CPU (dual core and above is preferable). Then check for other things that you like (camera, memory, screen size etc). As for the software, everything is possible.

I have galaxy s3 but I've turned it to galaxy S5 via xda forum.
that is ur choice

(1) (Reply)

Any Custom ROM For The Tecno P9 Phantom Pad Mini Yet? / Innjoo I2 For Sale With Charger / The New 27-inch Imac With 5K Retina Display At N400,000!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.