Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating (20155 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
A better-forgotten game for the Super Eagles. A very commendable display by the Congolese.

On an evening, I expected a whitewash from the Eagles, here we go again.

Anyway, player rating:

Ejide: A bad game. No composure. Didn't look like a professional. He could have done better in the second goal. Only one good save. 3/10

Echiejile : His wing was exploited by the speedy Congolese. Poor overlapping. 3/10

Ambrose: Good goal. But fizzled out thereafter. Didn't see much of his traditional cut-and-cross. 4/10

Oboabona: Poor game. Beginning to make me ask questions whether we have not overrated him. Beaten easily by the Congolese attack. Gave away possession for the second goal 2/10

Omeruo : Well, well, poor game. Didn't do much to stop the rampaging Congolese attack. Maybe better than his defence partner 3/10

Onazi: Was livelier in the midfield than Mikel, but poor judgment that resulted in penalty. Tried in the defensive midfield, but below what we expected still 4/10

Azeez: Also a little lively in the midfield in the first half, but couldn't get grip of the midfield before he fizzled out 3/10

Mikel: On a day you would have expected this Chelsea to show his class and experience against the minnows that these Congolese are (yes, the are minnows), this guy still couldn't do anything extra-ordinary. No through pass. No initiation of attack. Even Onazi and Azeez were more visible. 2/10

Oduamadi: Anonymous in the first half. Not a threat to the Congolese defenders. Save for a through pass to Nwofor which he couldn't convert, he didn't do anything up front. 3/10

Musa: Looked the most dangerous up front in the first half. Nice cross that resulted in first goal. He should have done better as the most experienced of our attack in the first half. 5/10

Nwofor: Handed the top striking role in the first half but didn't deliver. He was like a pedestrian on the field for the most part. A through pass from Oduamadi that he should have converted was also wasted. 2/10

SUBS

Nosa: Created more chances up front than Azeez but his miss was unforgivable. 3/10

Emenike: Thrown in when Eagles needed goals desperately. Didn't score. Created chances towards the tail end though. 4/10

Salami: The Balotelli of Nigerian Premier League was also thrown on board when SE desperately needed a goal. Managed to put in consolatory goal. Not much was seen of him. 5/10

Keshi: No comment 2/10

ALL CONGOLESE PLAYERS: Great game. 9/10

LEROY: Embarrassing Nigeria since 1988: 10/10

LAST BULLET: You win some, you lose some. I'm not so embittered. In any case, SE's usual wives, Bafana Bafana, go hear wien on Wednesday

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by dejt4u(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
I was heart-broken!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by otokx(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
It really was not keepers fault; try rating the coach and the field too.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by texaco1: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
What about the coaching crew ?how would u rate them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by femi4: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
I was here!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by philantoxx(m): 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
kheshi is high on some ishhhh..wat a lame team.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
[size=15pt] I Stop supporting Super Eagles since 1999

AFRICAN CHAMPION =4th in Africa

African Champion = 33rd in the World

SMH in dismal for them [/size]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
smh 4 dem
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Samiceman: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mtcheew thank God I didn't watch the match

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
That's what happen when one become tooooo over confident. Flying Piglets..

angry angry

TMan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by bossanmayor(m): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
team nig,As usual
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Rilwayne001: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jarus: A better-forgotten game for the Super Eagles. A very commendable display by the Congolese.

On an evening, I expected a whitewash from the Eagles, here we go again.

Anyway, player rating:

Ejide: A bad game. No composure. Didn't look like a professional. He could have done better in the second goal. Only one good save. 1/10

Echiejile : His wing was exploited by the speedy Congolese. Poor overlapping. 1/10

Ambrose: Good goal. But fizzled out thereafter. Didn't see much of his traditional cut-and-cross. 2/10

Oboabona: Poor game. Beginning to make me ask questions whether we have not overrated him. Beaten easily by the Congolese attack. Gave away possession for the second goal 1/10

Omeruo : Well, well, poor game. Didn't do much to stop the rampaging Congolese attack. Maybe better than his defence partner 1/10

Onazi: Was livelier in the midfield than Mikel, but poor judgment that resulted in penalty. Tried in the defensive midfield, but below what we expected still 2/10

Azeez: Also a little lively in the midfield in the first half, but couldn't get grip of the midfield before he fizzled out 4/10

Mikel: On a day you would have expected this Chelsea to show his class and experience against the minnows that these Congolese are (yes, the are minnows), this guy still couldn't do anything extra-ordinary. No through pass. No initiation of attack. Even Onazi and Azeez were more visible. 1/10

Oduamadi: Anonymous in the first half. Not a threat to the Congolese defenders. Save for a through pass to Nwofor which he couldn't convert, he didn't do anything up front. 2/10

Musa: Looked the most dangerous up front in the first half. Nice cross that resulted in first goal. He should have done better as the most experienced of our attack in the first half. 7/10

Nwofor: Handed the top striking role in the first half but didn't deliver. He was like a pedestrian on the field for the most part. A through pass from Oduamadi that he should have converted was also wasted. 2/10

SUBS

Nosa: Created more chances up front than Azeez but his miss was unforgivable. 2/10

Emenike: Thrown in when Eagles needed goals desperately. Didn't score. Created chances towards the tail end though. 2/10

Salami: The Balotelli of Nigerian Premier League was also thrown on board when SE desperately needed a goal. Managed to put in consolatory goal. Not much was seen of him. 2/10

Keshi: No comment 2/10

ALL CONGOLESE PLAYERS: Great game. 10/10

LEROY: Embarrassing Nigeria since 1988: 10/10

LAST BULLET: You win some, you lose some. I'm not so embittered. In any case, SE's usual wives, Bafana Bafana, go hear wien on Wednesday

Fixed undecided

YEYE PEOPLE undecided

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Wolison(m): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
....and how would this bring back my hard earned N3,000.00 that I bet on their head;ego mu weree sii etua wee gwue mmiri!...#sob#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by eemalex(m): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
Worst performance i av seen choi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by kenbee(f): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
9ja players are below 1.4/10 generally!

Could APC hand be behind this?
Na PDP I dey ask oh!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
The nigerian players were sh*t today. I hope Keshi leaves after South Africa game, Oohpa gangnam style

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Elnino4ladies: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Space booked
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Lero15(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Those Congolese are TALL...esp d defenders.
I see no reason why Emenike shouldn't start.
As for Mikel, he is passed his prime. We need a real 10.

Same old bad attitude, always feeling complacent after just one goal...

It is high time we invited Iheanacho. Yes! Neymar was very young too when he made his debut for the Brazilian national team.

Really missed Osaze... cry

#BringBackOurEnyeama

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by mallorca(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Baby defenders at work!
we miss Yobo!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by ednut1(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
bad day for betting hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by barackodam: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Jarus:
Ejide: A bad game. No composure. Didn't look like a professional. He could have done better in the second goal. Only one good save. 3/10

Exactly, I wondered why he was given the cap.

He has a lot to learn.

Omeruo : Well, well, poor game. Didn't do much to stop the rampaging Congolese attack. Maybe better than his defence partner 3/10

Was more than dissapointed in him for the Congolese first goal, I guess he was more than that mistake.

Shii happens though

Mikel: On a day you would have expected this Chelsea to show his class and experience against the minnows that these Congolese are (yes, the are minnows), this guy still couldn't do anything extra-ordinary. No through pass. No initiation of attack. Even Onazi and Azeez were more visible. 2/10

It should be one sef

Musa: Looked the most dangerous up front in the first half. Nice cross that resulted in first goal. He should have done better as the most experienced of our attack in the first half. 5/10

Still the best

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Are we to discuss this match too? Not me and u.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by spectramissile: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nyaku(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Me no knw how to rate dem sef.....na dem sabi, african champions indeed.....tufiakwa
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Suljosh: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Blame not keshi but rather blame does bunch of corrupt twats @ NFF who failed to resolve what ever is keeping them from given keshi a new contract.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Omero(m): 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
I said it in anoda thread d team was absolutely poor,dis ur rating affirms dat. NFF should hav somtin to say to dis. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by texaco1: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
That team lacks a leader . And it is a good thing keshi lost this match . He will now sit up and stop behaving like a football capone

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Lero15(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Suljosh: Blame not keshi but rather blame does bunch of corrupt twats @ NFF who failed to resolve what ever is keeping them from given keshi a new contract.
really
We had d same administration problem when we won d AFCON. So?
I think d midfield lacks creativity & drive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by texaco1: 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Suljosh: Blame not keshi but rather blame does bunch of corrupt twats @ NFF who failed to resolve what ever is keeping them from given keshi a new contract.
how does the stalling of keshi contract affect the players performances ?keshi should take the full blame for this defeat

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by magicfingers009: 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Booked
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by doctokwus: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
U rated oduamadi higher than obi;pls.That guy shd not evn make d U-17 team(2/10).
D problm mikel has is d wt of expectation based on his club level.He had a poor game,but he was mobile and covered in d defence in d first half(3.5/10)
Everytime Ejike mounts d goalpost,no matter d nature of match,u get d impression dat guy is being paid by those asian betting syndicates.He is so suspicious in his moves,even wen he doesn't seem to be @fault(3/10).
5/10 for ahmed musa?D only significant play he made was d freekick dat led to d 1st goal.He cudnt control a well laid pass by omeruo and his other play was all round lousy 3/10
For dat nosa igiebor,his rating is for another day.
All others average 3/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nyaku(m): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
To all dem yobo haters, na now una go see say YOBO sabi.....dis 2 central defenders are learners....against SA, work dey oooo, mk boss just do d ryt selection....dazz all

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIBA Throws D’tigress Out Of 2022 World Cup After Fg’s Withdrawal / USA Vs WALES: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 1) On 21st November 2022 / CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.